The Beauty

The Beast and the Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2: The Beauty

Jinyoung's POV:

Jinyoung stared up at the tremendous mansion in front of him. The big shiny glass doors, and polished windows shimmered in the early afternoon light. Wow..this is a big house. And I get to live it in? Why are all the other houses in this small town so lacking while this one has it all? It was an extravagant mansion. There looked to be at least 25 rooms in total. Jinyoung suddenly got nervous. Which was a new thing for him. He rarely ever got nervous. But somehow this house made him feel a bit uneasy.

Jinyoung nervously knocked on the door. Knock, knock. Jinyoung listened for the sound of footsteps but none came. Am I early? Jinyoung checked his watch and saw that it was exactly 11:00 am. Looks like I'm right on time...Shouldn't the host be here to give me a warm welcome? Jinyoung decided to knock again. But still no response came. Getting frustrated Jinyoung grabbed the knocker off the door and slammed it five times on the door and waited. Silence. "Hey anyone home? I'm here for the wanted ad! Hello anyone there?" Jinyoung yells, looking through the windows for a sign of life. But there was nothing. No maids, butlers, or housekeeping staff. It was quiet, except for the sound of chirping birds nearby. Where is everybody? Jinyoung suddenly remembers something someone had recently told him, the rumor about the supposed rich city girl who lives in the house.

"That's where the beast lives...They say she killed  her own parents."

Jinyoung shivers. Beast? Ha! I don't believe in such ridiculous things...There are no such things. Only humans that need more hygene. Jinyoung suddenly begins to feel queasy again. His stomach clenching. Therearenosuchthingsasbeaststhereareno suchthingsasbeasts.

Jinyoung looks to his right and sees a beautifully painted archway leading to the back. His feeling of uneasiness was quickly forgotten as curiosty took over Jinyoung's mind. Don't think she'd mind if I just took a look around...Jinyoung started towards the back. He went through the elegant archway  and made his way behind the house. There he was confronted by a disastorous sight.  A garden, if you could even call it that. No wonder she needs a gardener. This looks like crap. Jinyoung stared at the dead flowers, trees, and bushes around him. Not a single one of them was alive. Gosh rich people are so spoiled! Can't even keep a plant alive!

Jinyoung continued to wander around the property, which was  good number of acres. Why hasn't anyone come to fetch me yet? I've been wandering the property for 20 minutes! Sighing Jinyoung dusts the dirt off his pants as he gets up and heads towards the house. Looks like I'll just have to welcome myself in.

Jinyoung saunters up to the front steps and turns the knob on one of the glass doors. Click. The door easily swings open, releasing a fresh lemony scent. 

 

Kim Sun's POV:
 

Sun had been watching Jinyoung for the past half hour. Yes, that may seem creepy but to her it wasn't. It was normal. Sun was used to watching people. She watched as Jinyoung's figure expolored the property. She saw the curiosty in his eyes. The way his eyes grazed over the plants in the garden. How he delicately touched the leaves as they crumpled in his hands.

He seems...different? He's brave enough to come here alone, regardless of the rumors floating around about me. He came. Point one for him. "Chanyeol-Ssi?" Sun called, and instantly the doors to her bedroom opened, revealing a tall, nicely groomed, but still silly looking man. "At your service Sun." he says with a smile. "What will it be today?" 

"Our guest has arrived." Sun says nodding towards Jinyoung, who was still admiring the dead plants. "Bring him in." "Yes ma'am." Chanyeol says silhouetting  her and then turning and disappearing down the hallway. Sun sighed as she sat on her bed, her fingers twirling the sheets. I wonder what he's like...Cheerful and k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter