8

My Abductor, My Love

 

The ride back was quiet, both lost in thought as they tried to figure out what had gone wrong.  When Daehyun docked the smaller craft they both hurriedly exited and were immediately met by Youngjae.

“Get me up to speed.”  Daehyun said as they started walking.

Youngjae eyed Eunji.  “What about her?”

“She stays with me.”  Daehyun stated.  “Now start talking.”

Youngjae sighed.  “Fine.  Apparently, Minhee tried to kill Yongguk, and when that didn’t go as planned she tried to off herself.”

“Where is she now?”  Daehyun asked.

“Zelo has her in the holding cell.”  Youngjae informed.  “Yongguk didn’t want her to have to go there, he wanted to keep her with him and try to resolve things, but…Minhee demanded she be put in the holding cell.”  Youngjae shook his head.  “I just don’t get it.”

Daehyun shook his head as well and sighed.  “I suppose the only way to find out what happened is to talk to Minhee.”

“She won’t talk to anyone.”  Youngjae grumbled.  “Don’t you think we already tried that?”

Daehyun grinned.  “That’s because you didn’t send the right person in to talk to her.”

Youngjae rolled his eyes.  “Are you implying that you’re just that good?”

Daehyun laughed.  “Well, that’s a given, but I’m not the one who’s going to talk to her, Eunji is.” 

“Me?”  Eunji asked, surprised.

Daehyun nodded.  “She trusts you so she will feel comfortable talking with you.”

Eunji nodded.  “If you think it will help then of course I’ll talk with her.”

They arrived at the holding cell and found Zelo standing guard at the door with Yongguk pacing back and forth in front of the robot.  When he spotted the group he stopped his pacing and simply stared at them; he looked sad and almost helpless.  The part of his shirt that rested over his heart was stained with blood and the sight made Eunji wince.  Minhee had gone for all or nothing, it was amazing Yongguk was still alive.

Daehyun went to Yongguk and touched the stain on the other man’s shirt.  “Did you let Himchan take a look at this?”  He asked.

Yongguk looked away.  “Of course.”

Daehyun smirked.  “You’re a bad liar, you know that?”  He pulled open Yongguk’s shirt and inspected the wound for himself.  He let out a low whistle.  “She meant business.  Good thing she didn’t know our hearts are on the opposite side.”  He said as he ran his fingers along the stab wound.  “What did you do to piss her off?”  Daehyun asked as he gave the wound a small prod, knowing full well the response he would receive.

Yongguk hissed and batted Daehyun’s hand away.  “That freaking hurts!”  Yongguk growled.  

Daehyun grinned.  “Then go see Himchan and he’ll take care of it.”

Yongguk glared at him.  “I’m not leaving her alone.”

Daehyun put his hand on the other man’s shoulder.  “She won’t be alone.  I’m going to have Eunji talk with her.  Maybe she can help us sort out this whole mess.”

Yongguk looked at Eunji and she could almost swear his eyes were silently pleading with her to fix the situation.  “Alright, I’ll go see that sorry excuse for a medic, but only as long as she is with Minhee.”  He looked at Zelo.  “She doesn’t come out of there until I return, understood?” 

Zelo nodded.

Daehyun smiled and clasped the back of Yongguk’s neck.  “When are you going to learn I’m on your side and you can trust me?”

Yongguk shrugged Daehyun’s hand off.  “The day you stop being so blasted touchy-feely.”

Daehyun laughed.  “Well, that’s not gonna happen.”  He said as he teasingly kissed his fingers and patted Yongguk’s cheek.

Yongguk shook him off again and snarled.  “Idiot.”  He grumbled as he stalked off to find Himchan.

“I love you too.”  Daehyun called out with a huge grin.

Youngjae sighed.  “Must you always mess with him like that?”

Daehyun shrugged.  “I find it entertaining.  Besides, deep down he likes the attention.  If he didn’t, captain or no, he would have reduced me to cinders by now.” 

“I actually have a question about that.”  Eunji spoke up.

Daehyun raised an eybrow.  “And what might that be?”

“Well, Minhee told me her abduction story.”  She proceeded to tell him everything Minhee had told her and she saw a look of surprise on his face.

“So that’s what all this is about?”  Daehyun said.  “But Yongguk told her what really happened.”  He frowned. 

“Might I ask what really happened, because I don’t think she truly believed him and maybe that’s why she tried to kill him?”  Eunji said as she mulled it all over in her mind.

“Youngjae, pull up the file so I can better explain things to Eunji.”  Daehyun ordered. 

Youngjae tapped his fingers on a tablet he was holding and turned it around to show to Eunji. 

“This is a file we ‘acquired’ from the police database in Seoul.”  Daehyun explained.  “It’s a record of a serial and the man the police suspected was the culprit, they were just never able to find sufficient evidence to arrest him.”

“Are you saying that this is the man Minhee loved?”  Eunji asked, completely horrified at the thought.

Daehyun nodded.  “Yongguk looked into the case himself, but when the man set his sights on Minhee, Yongguk took matters into his own hands.”

“He killed him.”  Eunji stated.

Daehyun nodded again.  “He didn’t know that Minhee had loved the man since childhood, if he did he would have gone about the whole thing differently.  All he was trying to do was protect her.”

Eunji nodded.  “I see.”  She looked at Youngjae.  “Mind if I borrow that?”  She asked pointing to the tablet.

Youngjae handed it over.  “Sure, just don’t break it.”

Daehyun rolled his eyes.  “You act like that’s the only one you have.”

Youngjae shrugged.  “It’s my favorite one.”

Daehyun shook his head.  “Whatever.”  He turned his focus back to Eunji.  “We’ll be monitoring you while you’re in there.  I hope she listens to you so we can sort this all out and put it behind us.”

Eunji nodded.  “Me too.”  She held the tablet to her chest and turned around to face Zelo.  “May I go in now, please?”

Zelo eyed her, like he was undressing her with his eyes, and smiled.  “Why of course.”  He said with a grin as he opened the cell door and waved her in.

Eunji walked past the creepy robot as carefully as possible.  He made her so nervous.  Once inside, Zelo closed the door again and she was left alone with Minhee.  She looked around the small cell and found what she assumed was a camera in one of the corners of the ceiling.  She found Minhee sitting on a bed that lay opposite the door.  The girl looked like a shadow of herself and it hurt Eunji to see her that way. 

She went and sat down next to Minhee, but she didn’t say anything; she thought it best if she let Minhee make the first move.

“I suppose they sent you in here to talk to me.”  Minhee whispered.

“They did.”  Eunji confirmed.

Minhee shook her head.  “I thought I could do it.  I thought I could forgive him and move on.”  She shook her head even faster.  “But, after being with him, giving myself to him, I knew I’d been lying to myself.”  She looked up at Eunji.  “I had to get rid of him.  He’s ruined me in so many ways that I felt if I could just rid myself of him I would finally be free.  So, when he was still asleep I grabbed the knife from his belt and stabbed him.”  She laughed at herself.  “Imagine my surprise when that didn’t work.”  She shook her head.  “So, I decided that the only way to be free from him then was to end my own life.”  She slammed her fist down on the bed.  “But he wouldn’t even allow me that.”  She wiped away the tears that had started to fall down her cheeks.  “He tried feeding me the same story he always tried to feed me since he abducted me; that he had killed the man I loved in order to protect me.”

Eunji decided it was time to put in her two cents.  “He wasn’t lying to you, Minhee.”

Minhee’s eyes were filled with anger and confusion when she looked at her.  “What do you mean?”

Eunji held out the tablet so Minhee could see.  “I know you loved this man, but sometimes people aren’t always what they appear to be.  Yongguk personally looked into this case and when he saw that this man had set his sights on you he took matters into his own hands.  Yongguk loves you, Minhee, there was no way he was going to let this man hurt you.”

Minhee stared at the damning information in front of her, her body shaking and tears rolling down her cheeks.  She blinked a few times before finally finding her voice once more.  “He wasn’t lying?”

Eunji shook her head.  “No, Minhee, he wasn’t lying.  Daehyun and the rest of his crew can vouch for Yongguk, and not just because he’s one of them, but because it’s the truth and they know how much he loves you.”  She sighed.  “Think about it, Minhee.  Why would Yongguk do something so horrible to you if he knew it would hurt you?  Daehyun told me that Yongguk had no idea you had liked this man since you were a child, if he had, he would have gone about things much differently.”

Minhee kept her eyes on the floor as she listened to Eunji’s words.  “Tell me this then.”  She said.  “How do you think he could ever possibly trust me or love me again after what I just tried to do?”

Eunji sighed.  “Only he can answer that for you.  But I do know that he waited outside this door until we arrived, nervously pacing and not even having his wound tended to until Daehyun forced him to go see Himchan.  And he told Zelo that I couldn’t leave until he returned because he trusted that you would be okay with me while he was gone.”  She smiled at Minhee.  “Doesn’t that sound like a man in love?”

Minhee gave small smile and bit her lip.  “I suppose.  But I feel so awful about it.”

Eunji shook her head.  “You can’t.  You have to move on and forgive yourself, because he’s already forgiven you.” 

Minhee frowned.  “How do you know that?”

“I could see it in his eyes.  You are the one thing that matters most to him; he won’t give you up so easily.”  Eunji smiled.

Before either of them could say anything else the door opened and Yongguk stepped in.  He and Minhee stared at each other before he finally rushed to her and wrapped her in his arms. 

“I’m so sorry.”  They said in unison, causing each other to laugh.

“I’m sorry I didn’t believe you, and I’m sorry I tried to…” Minhee was cut off when Yongguk placed a finger over her lips.

“I’m the one who should be sorry.”  He said as he ran his finger over her cheek.  “I never meant to hurt you in any way.  I love you too much.”  He touched his forehead to hers.  “When you hurt it hurts me as well.  I’m so sorry Minhee baby.”  He said before finally kissing her.

Eunji watched as they clung to each other like they were the only things keeping each other alive.  She knew it was time for her to make a quiet exit.  Once outside, she was met with a smiling Daehyun.

“I think they need a little privacy for a while.”  She said with a smile. 

Daehyun pulled her into his arms, startling her.  “I think we could use some of that too.”  He nuzzled the side of her face and whispered in her ear.  “We need to finish what we started.”

“But…” Eunji stuttered.

Daehyun shook his head.  “No more running away from your feelings, Eunji.”  His lips hovered above hers.  “No more running from me.”

Eunji knew she couldn't keep running away from how she felt about him.  It wasn't fair for either of them if she did so.  She loved him and he loved her, that was all that mattered.  So, she gave a small nod and Daehyun swept her off her feet and headed toward his room.

“So, I assume you don’t want to be disturbed for the rest of the day?”  Youngjae called out.

Daehyun chuckled.  “If you so much as even think about doing so, I’ll break all your tablets and let Jongup take over your duties while you sit in the holding cell for a week.”

“That’s harsh, Dae!”  Youngjae declared.

Deahyun turned and grinned at Youngjae.  “Then don’t mess with me.”  He said before entering his room, the door closing behind him.

Eunji stared at Daehyun in disbelief.  “You would really do that to him?”

Daehyun smiled.  “In a heartbeat.  Youngjae only understands tough love.  If I don’t lay down the law with him he’ll do whatever the hell he pleases, especially if he knows it will irritate me.”

Eunji laughed.  “He’s your best friend isn’t he?”

Daehyun’s smile widened.  “Is it that obvious?”

She nodded and then smiled.  “So, captain, now that you have me alone, what do you intend to do with me?”

Daehyun groaned and pressed her against the wall.  “I think you already know the answer to that question.”  He said as his hands began to wander. 

Eunji smirked.  “I’m not so certain I do.”  She batted her eyes innocently.

A low growl sounded from the back of Daehyun’s throat as he ripped open her dress.  “Then let me show you.”  He purred before attacking her lips with his and carrying her to his bed.  He was prepared to show her over and over again all night if that was what she wanted.

 

A/N: Sorry for the traumatizing cliff-hanger ending with the last chapter.  Hopefully, this chapter will make up for my past transgression. ;)