7

My Abductor, My Love

 

Along the way Daehyun pointed out lots of different things to her.  He pointed out a red planet that looked very similar to Mars and told her that it was a training ground for warriors like Yongguk.  The planet was only inhabited by beastly creatures that warriors in training were sent to hunt and kill.  If they could kill one of the beasts then they were deemed a warrior, if they couldn’t then that meant the beast won because there was no escaping from it once it found you, it was either kill or be killed. 

The thought caused a chill to run down Eunji’s spine.  Yongguk had come face-to-face with one of the beastly creatures and won.  She suddenly realized why Kyuyun was very fearful of him.

“Here we are.”  Daehyun beamed as he pointed out a giant blue sphere that simply looked like a ball of water.  “This is your surprise.”

Eunji eyed the blue planet in awe.  It seriously looked like a swirling mass of crystal blue water and she could almost swear she saw things swimming in it.

“Are you ready to go in?”  He asked.

“In?”  Eunji asked uncertainly.  Didn’t he mean ‘on’?  Isn’t that what one was supposed to do, land ‘on’ a planet?

Daehyun just grinned.  “Sit back and enjoy the show.” 

Eunji bit her lip, very nervous about what was going to happen but did as he suggested.  She sat back and looked out the window, trying to prepare herself, but nothing could’ve ever prepared her for what she saw. 

They did, indeed, go ‘in’ to the blue sphere.  It was a mass of swirling water like she had suspected.  As the craft navigated through the water, Eunji was able to see the creatures she thought she’d seen swimming around earlier.  They reminded her of ocean life found on Earth, yet very different.  Words like, whale and dolphin, fish and shark, came to mind; yet none of the creatures looked exactly like them, they just made her think of them.

Daehyun looked at her and smiled as she studied the various foreign sea creatures.  “Are you ready for the best part?”

Eunji turned wide eyes on him.  “There’s more?”

Daehyun locked eyes with her and nodded.  His intense gaze unnerved her, however, and she pulled her eyes away, focusing them out the window once more. 

Her breath was stolen from her when their craft suddenly emerged from the water to reveal the center of the planet.  She turned and stared at him in awe.  “How is this possible?”

Daehyun grinned.  “I had Youngjae help me set up the barrier here in the center so I could create the perfect paradisiacal getaway.  What do you think?”

Eunji tore her eyes away from Daehyun to look back down at the small island paradise that lay within the center of the water planet protected by some sort of alien generated barrier.  There were trees and flowers, and an adorable little hut nestled amongst the foliage.  It was the most beautiful moonlit beach one could ever imagine.  But she couldn’t figure out where the light source was coming from.  She turned to ask Daehyun but he seemed to already know what she was about to ask.

“The sand and the flora have natural phosphorescent properties and exude a soft glow.”  He looked at her.  “Shall we take a closer look?”

Eunji could only nod.

Daehyun landed the craft and they exited.  Eunji looked around in complete awe.  It was the most beautiful place imaginable.  She dug her fingers into the sand and watched as some of the glowing granules slid between her fingers, cascading back down onto the shore.  She threw it up into the air and twirled about as it rained down upon her, the little glowing specks dotting her hair and clothes.  She then inspected a flower.  The pattern on the flower’s petals was the part that was fluorescent, and it was beyond beautiful.  The leaves on the plants and trees simply exuded a soft glow, adding to the magical ambience of the little island.  She looked up at the water that curved around the dome Youngjae had somehow created; the ‘sky’ was filled with swimming creatures instead of birds.  The whole place was so surreal and she was absolutely in love with it.

“So, what do you think?  Do you like it?”  Daehyun asked as he stood next to her, looking up at the creatures swimming about.

“I love it.”  Eunji breathed.  She turned and looked at him.  “Thank you for sharing this with me, it’s so amazing.”

Daehyun held her gaze.  “It’s yours.” 

“What?”  Eunji asked, startled by his words.

“It’s yours.”  He repeated with a smile.  “I made it for you.”

“You…” Eunji couldn’t even finish her train of thought she was too lost in the romance of it all.

“I wanted to give you something special to show you how much you mean to me, how much I care about you.”  He said taking her hand in his.  He leaned in close so that his lips hovered above hers.  “Eunji, I want to make you mine.  Will you allow me to do so?”

Eunji searched his eyes and saw the sincerity behind his words.  “I’m afraid.”  She breathed, her words slipping past her lips as a bare whisper.

“Why are you afraid?”  He asked, nuzzling the side of her face, whispering in her ear and planting a kiss on her neck.

“I don’t know.”  She sighed as he continued placing small kisses along her neck.

“Are you afraid of me?”  He asked, his mouth moving up to her jaw line.

 She shook her head.  “I’m afraid of the way you make me feel.”  She tried to explain as he continued working his way closer to her lips.  “I can’t think when you…”

“When I what?”  Daehyun asked as he nibbled on her bottom lip.

Eunji let out a shuddery sigh.  “Why do you do this to me?”

Daehyun pulled back and smiled at her.  “I love you, Eunji, do I need a reason beyond that?”

Eunji blinked at him, unsure of what to do or say.

Daehyun just chuckled.  “Stop thinking so much and just do what feels right.  I find it makes life much easier when I do so.”

She stared at him a few moments more before deciding to take his advice.  She lunged forward and kissed him, wrapping her arms around him.

He broke the kiss long enough to ask, “Does this mean you accept?”

She grabbed his hair and pulled him back down.  “You know, Dae, sometimes you talk too much.”  She said before returning her lips to his.

Daehyun groaned appreciatively at her gesture and scooped her up in his arms, carrying her off toward the small hut. Once inside he almost roughly laid her down and just as he hovered over her a beeping noise sounded throughout the hut.

“What was that?”  Eunji asked with a frown.

He pulled a small device off his hip that had been hanging from his belt.  “It’s just Youngjae.”  He said tossing the device off to the side.  “He can wait.”  He said as his mouth descended on her.  The device beeped again, and he huffed.

“Maybe it’s important.”  Eunji said gently, trying to soothe the anger and frustration she saw building in his eyes.

Daehyun grabbed the device, pushed a button and held it up to his ear.  “What?”  He growled.  Eunji watched as the look on his face suddenly shifted from anger to surprise and then into a serious mask of a man in charge, tying to figure out the best solution to whatever had just transpired.  “I’ll be there soon.”  He clipped the device back to his belt and stared down at Eunji.  “I’m sorry, but we have to leave.”

"What happened?”  She asked a little hesitantly because she knew it couldn’t be anything good.

Daehyun heaved a great sigh and shook his head.  “Minhee tried to kill Yongguk.”

 

A/N: Dun, dun, dun!! And now I'm the most hated author on AFF for leaving her readers with such a blatantly planned cliff-hanger!  I love you guys.  I promise it will be worth it. *sends out lovey-dovey vibes to readers*