6

My Abductor, My Love

 

Eunji scrunched her face as she thought she felt something touch her nose.  She felt it again and she shook her head slightly.  She then felt it a third time; it felt like something running down her nose from her brow to the tip.  She reached out her hand to brush it away, still wanting to sleep, but was startled when her hand caught hold of something solid.  Eunji opened her eyes finally and saw that her hand had found an arm, a finger was outstretched and she knew it was the source of the sensation she’d felt on her nose.  Her eyes traveled upward and she was startled to see Daehyun smiling down at her.  She let go of his arm and looked away.

Daehyun ran his finger down her nose again.  “You are so precious when you sleep.”

“Then why did you wake me?”  She mumbled.

“Because I have a wonderful surprise planned for you today.”

Eunji sat up and stared at him.  “Fine, let me shower first and then we can do whatever it is you have planned.”  She then glared at him.  “But no watching me shower this time, or I’m not doing anything with you today.”

Daehyun simply smiled.  “You can freshen up on the way, come, we need to leave now so we can have more time together where we’re going.”

She frowned.  “Where are we going?”  She asked in confusion as she allowed him to help her stand up.

“Some place magical.”  He said mysteriously, pulling her along. 

They left the room and he led her past the control panel area where Youngjae was working.

“Have fun you two.”  Youngjae called out.  “And, Dae, try not to wreck this one, okay?”

Daehyun laughed.  “Don’t even try to blame that one on me.  I was told the robot knew what he was doing.”

Eunji was growing increasingly nervous by the conversation the two men were having.

“Yongguk reprogrammed him so there shouldn’t be anymore problems like that.”  Jongup said as he joined them on their walk.  “And I did a thorough check of the craft myself.”

“Thank you Jongup, but I don’t care whether Yongguk reprogrammed him or not, I’m not taking that insane hunk of junk; I swear he has murderous intentions.”  Daehyun stated.

“But…” Jongup began.

“I said no.”  Daehyun interrupted.  “And that’s final.”

Jongup heaved a sigh of defeat.  “Yes, captain.” 

“Captain?”  Eunji asked in surprise.

Daehyun looked at her over his shoulder and grinned.  “Didn’t I tell you?”  He raised an eyebrow.  “No?  Well, now you know.”  He said with a shrug. 

They stopped walking when they reached the area that had the charging station for the robot named Zelo, but the robot was nowhere in sight.  Jongup pushed a button on the wall near the charging station and a door slid open.

“I had Zelo put everything you will need on board already.”  Jongup informed. 

Daehyun sighed and rolled his eyes.  “Great.  That means I’ll have to inspect everything.” 

They went through the door and Eunji realized they were now on board an even smaller spaceship.  Where was Daehyun taking her?  Daehyun began searching through their supplies and by the look on his face she knew he wasn’t finding things to his liking. 

“I knew I couldn’t trust that infernal robot.”  Daehyun muttered.  He looked at Eunji and smiled.  “Stay put, and don’t touch anything; I’ll be right back.”  He said as he left the small craft.

Eunji didn’t need to be told not to touch anything.  With her luck anything that she touched may explode or send her shooting out into space; there was no way she was touching anything.  As she stood there she started feeling uneasy, like she was being watched.  She turned around and practically jumped out of her skin; Zelo, the robot, was standing there staring at her inquisitively. 

“You must be Daehyun’s mate.”  Zelo said. 

Eunji was startled to find he sounded just like a normal person, not all jerky and electronic like she thought he would.  Zelo moved closer to her and she backed up.  “What do you want?”

“Are you Daehyun’s mate?”  He asked.

“I…I don’t know.” She said.  “Well, he wants me to be but…” She was cut off when Zelo moved closer again, backing her against a wall.  He leaned down and studied her from up close.  He reached out and touched her hair, rolling it between his fingers.  He then touched her cheek and slowly moved his fingers to her lips. 

“If you are not Daehyun’s mate then maybe I can have you.”  Zelo grinned.

“But you’re a…”

Zelo smirked.  “Yongguk programmed me very well.”  He brought his face down closer to hers so that their noses touched, his eyes examining hers like he was looking for something that lay hidden within them.  “Did you know that your eyes are supposed to be the windows to your soul?”  He asked, Eunji was too frightened at the moment to acknowledge him though.  “I can see your fear.”  He grinned.  “What do you see when you look into mine?”

Eunji swallowed around a knot that had begun to form in and studied Zelo’s eyes.  His eyes were dark, almost black, or were they black?  She couldn’t see anything in them, only the reflection of herself; which was dizzying and made her feel like she was falling into the dark depths of his eyes.  “I…I only see my reflection.”  She stuttered. 

A positively sinful smile crept across his lips.  “That’s because I only have eyes for you.”  He said as he tilted his head, bringing his lips closer to hers.

She gasped as she realized he was about to kiss her and she quickly turned her head away.  That didn’t stop him however, he still closed the gap and his mouth found her earlobe.  He pulled it between his teeth and began on it.  She couldn’t move, she was too terrified, all she could do was make scared little whimpers; and when Zelo bit down on her earlobe she let out a shriek.

“Step away from her, Zelo.”  Daehyun’s voice sounded from the entrance of the little craft.  His voice was low and hard and Eunji knew he was angry.

Zelo released her earlobe and looked at Daehyun.  “But she’s so sweet.”  He pouted before grinning evilly.  “Besides, you haven’t made her your mate yet.” 

Daehyun’s eyes narrowed and Eunji knew that if his eyes were capable of shooting lasers Zelo would be reduced to a pile of scrap metal.  “I said,” Daehyun said in a dangerous growl, “Step away from her now, or else I will command Yongguk to decommission you.”

Zelo tilted his head as he eyed the other man.  He finally shrugged his shoulders and moved away.  “Just let me know if you get tired of her.  I’ll take her off your hands for you.”  He said as he walked past Daehyun.

Daehyun’s eyes burned with anger and he gave the robot a swift kick in the rear as he left the craft.  Eunji watched as he collected himself, reining in his anger, before he finally came to her side.  “Are you alright?  Did he hurt you?”

Eunji just stared up at him, her lips trembling and her eyes on the verge of tears.  She then did something that not only startled Daehyun, but her as well.  She threw her arms around him and cried against his chest.  Zelo had scared her, thoroughly freaked her out, she wanted to be comforted. 

Daehyun stumbled back a little from the force of her embrace, but he quickly recovered and wrapped his arms around her as well.  He ran his hand over her hair as he listened to her cry, her shoulders bobbing up and down and her body trembling.  “Shh, it’s okay.  I’m here now.  I won’t let that crazy robot hurt you.”

Eunji squeezed her arms around him even tighter.  “Please, don’t ever leave me alone like that again.”  She cried.

Daehyun smiled.  It pleased him that she felt safe around him.  “I’m sorry, I promise I won’t do so ever again.”  He pulled her away a little so he could look at her.  He ran his thumb over her cheek, wiping tears away.  “How about we get to that surprise of yours now?  I think it will make you feel much better.” 

Eunji nodded and allowed him to help her into a seat and strap her in.  She watched curiously as he fiddled with the small ship’s control panel. 

He turned to her and grinned.  “Are you ready for the ride of your life?”  He asked with a wink.

Eunji’s eyes stared at him uncertainly.  She wasn’t really sure if she was ready for anything he might have in store for her.  And who could blame her?  When he’d asked her if she wanted to see his spaceship he’d grabbed her and jumped out a window.  She felt justified in her nervousness.

 

A/N: Sorry, this is late.  For those of you who don't know, I'm a mommy, and my husband and daughter pampered me to no end on Mother's Day, and I thoroughly enjoyed it, hence the lateness of this post.  My next update might be a little late as well.  Tomorrow i am going to the B.A.P concert in D.C.  Words cannot express my excitement.  As always, thank you so much for your support, your amazing comments and, most importantly, your fabulous little eyeballs reading my stories.  I love you all.  I'll get the next chapter up as soon as possible.  :)