5

My Abductor, My Love

They spent the rest of their time together simply talking and getting to know one another a little better.  Daehyun showed her all sorts of things in the stars.  He told her about the different planets he’d been to and what they were like.  She found the detail in which he described each one simply breathtaking.  She could almost envision the things he’d seen; it was like he could paint with words, and watching him as he painted his story, with that perfectly pitched voice of his, made her feel…it made her feel.  She increasingly found her eyes drawn to his mouth as his lovely voice spilled over his full, perfect lips.

“Eunji?”

She snapped out of her reverie and blinked as she realized Daehyun had been trying to ask her something.  “Sorry, what?”  She watched as his lips curled into a devastatingly sensual smile and it made her breath catch. 

He leaned a little closer.  “I said,” his eyes trailed down to her lips.  “I think we should,” he leaned in so that his lips were almost touching hers, “go back down now.”  He chuckled and pulled away, relishing in the way he could make her react to him.  “I have to help Yongguk with something, so you and Minhee can keep each other company for awhile.”

She swallowed hard and nodded.  “Oh, okay.

He smiled again.  “Do I detect a hint of disappointment in your voice?”

Eunji blushed, but tried to cover it.  “No, not at all.”  Things were moving too fast for her and she wanted to put the brakes on and try to slow everything down.  She’d expressed this to him after their heated kissing, and he said he would respect her wishes, but…it was so hard for her to try and do so herself when he looked like some sort of delicious dream that had come to life.  “It will be fun to have some girl time.”  

Daehyun smiled knowingly.  “Whatever you say.”

“I mean it.”  She said trying to convince herself more than him.  He didn’t say anything more he simply smiled again and took her hand leading her back to the transport tube.  She felt his eyes on her the whole way back, but she didn’t acknowledge his attention.  When they reached the room she shared with the two girls, however, he forced her to take notice of him.

He brought her hand to his lips, rubbing them against her knuckles.  “I’ve thoroughly enjoyed our time together today.”  His lips brushing against her skin as he spoke.  “I have yet another special day planned for us tomorrow as well.”  He said as his lips locked themselves onto her knuckles, his teeth gently grazing them and his tongue lightly sweeping along her flesh.  He planted a kiss over the spot his mouth had just been attached to and smiled up at her, his eyes conveying his emotions.  “Till tomorrow then, my sweet Eunji.”  He purred before releasing her hand and leaving the room, the door sliding shut behind him.

She simply stared after him for a moment; she could still feel his touch on her hand, the heat of his lips on her skin.  He confused her so much; from the way she felt about him to the way he could rouse those feelings inside her almost instantly. 

“Is everything alright?”  A small voice asked. 

Eunji turned and found Minhee staring at her.  She nodded and went to sit beside her.  “Yeah, it’s fine, it’s just…”

“Complicated?”  Minhee answered for her.

Eunji looked at her.  “Yeah.”  She stared at the girl for a moment before finally asking what she longed to know.  “Minhee what is up with you and Yongguk?”

Minhee sighed.  “I have to admit, it’s nice to finally have someone to talk to.”  She smiled at Eunji.  “Well, the boy I’d liked since grade school finally asked me out during our second term in university.  I’d loved him for so long that it thrilled me when he finally returned my affections.”  She paused and Eunji could see it in her eyes that it was taking a lot of courage to even discuss this.  “We’d planned to meet for lunch under this beautiful tree out on the grounds of the university, but…but that’s when everything went horribly wrong.”  Tears started to run down her cheeks.  “I was so happy when I saw him standing there under the tree waiting for me, his arms held out for a hug.”  A faint smile ghosted across her lips.  “I hugged him and just when he was leaning in to kiss me he…he was just…gone.”  Her body shook.  “The only thing that remained of him was a pile of ash at my feet.  I didn’t even have time to react to what had happened because this strange man appeared out of nowhere and, well, brought me here.”

“I heard what you said last night.”  Eunji said softly, causing Minhee to gasp; she hadn’t thought she’d been heard.  “Maybe if you tell me what’s going on I can help you in some way.”  Eunji prodded.

Minhee nodded.  “At first, I was in a state of shock and simply couldn’t feel anything.  Then, I hated him; I hated him for what he’d done, for taking away the one person I’d loved, for disintegrating him right before my eyes, while in my arms even.  I hated everything about him for a long time, and…he let me.  He let me take my anger out on him in any way I needed, verbally, physically, and I know I’ve hurt him emotionally as well.  But through it all he was only ever gentle with me and did nothing but show me his love.  When my anger finally subsided I slipped into a state of depression as I resigned myself to my new fate.  I simply stopped feeling, and still he was there for me and took care of me…he is always there for me.  And I don’t know when it happened but somewhere along the way of his caring for me, his loving me, I fell in love with him too…”

Eunji’s eyes widened.  “Really?  Then why…?”

“Because I’m ashamed of myself.”  Minhee stated, cutting her off.  “I’m ashamed of how I treated him when he was nothing but kind to me.  I feel like I don’t, no, that I never will be deserving of his love.  He shouldn’t love me, he has no reason to; and yet day after day…” She looked up at Eunji.  “I want to tell him, I think I’m ready to now.”  She looked down again.  “I just don’t know how to.”

Eunji smiled because she suddenly had a thought.  “You don’t have to tell him.”

Minhee looked up at her and frowned.  “What?”

Eunji’s smile widened.  “All you need to do is show him.”  She stated simply.

“But…how?”

“Minhee.”  Eunji said, putting her hand on the girl’s shoulder.  “The next time Yongguk comes to see you all you have to do is kiss him and, bam, problem solved.”

“Really?”  Minhee asked uncertainly.

Eunji nodded.  “Really.”

Minhee seemed to think for a good minute or two.  “I think I can do that.”

Eunji shook her head.  “No thinking, just do.  Trust me, you won’t regret it.”

Minhee nodded.  “Okay, I’ll do it.”

The sliding panel opened and Himchan and Kyuyun entered.  Himchan kissed her and smiled.  “I love you, my lovely.  Get lots of rest.  I’ll see you tomorrow.  I am confident it will work this time.”  He kissed her forehead.  “Rest well.”  He then turned and left the room.

Eunji was startled when Kyuyun came over and sat down on her other side.  She looked a little sullen.  “Hey are you okay?”  Eunji asked. 

Kyuyun sighed.  “We’ve been trying for a while now and every time it’s failed, but this time we’ve monitored everything carefully and with the injections I’ve been taking we think this time it will work.” 

“What will work?”  Eunji asked, confused about what she was talking about.

“Me getting pregnant.”  Kyuyun stated.

Eunji couldn’t help it when fell open.  “You…you’re trying to get pregnant?  But…but he’s…”

“An alien?”  Kyuyun replied dryly.  “I know; that’s why it’s been taking longer.”  She said with a slight pout.  She then looked up at Eunji.  “Himchan said that Daehyun took you up to the star deck.”

“What’s the star deck?”  Minhee asked.

“You’ve never been?”  Eunji asked.

Minhee shook her head and Kyuyun just smiled.  “I didn’t even know about it until Himchan told me where Daehyun had taken you today.  I suppose it never occurred to him that it might be romantic.”  Kyuyun grinned.  “So, how was your time on the star deck?”

Eunji swallowed hard and looked away.  “He showed me where his home planet was and told me about other places he’s visited.  Nothing too exciting really.”

“That’s not what I heard.”  Kyuyun smirked.

“What do you mean?”  Eunji asked.

“We saw Daehyun on our way here and he had the biggest smile plastered across his face and a gleam in his eye.  Himchan said that for Daehyun to look that happy meant he had gotten lucky.”

Eunji’s eyes flared.  “I’m not so easy as to let some guy get into my pants just because he showed me some stars.  We kissed okay?  That was it! I told him things were moving too fast for my liking though and that I wanted to take things slow and he respected that.”

Kyuyun sighed.  “So, you think you are better than me?”

Eunji frowned.  “What? No? Why would I?”

Kyuyun looked away.  “Because according to you I’m easy.” 

“I never said that I…”

“I allowed Himchan to “get into my pants” the night I met him.”  She looked up again, tears in her eyes.  “But he swept me off my feet and I fell instantly in love with him and him me.  So, I didn’t see anything wrong with it, until you came along and made me feel like I was cheap because you refuse to do anything with Daehyun and…”

Eunji stopped Kyuyun from saying anymore by pulling her into a hug and letting her cry on her shoulder.  “Kyuyun, I don’t think you are cheap.  I’m happy for you that you and Himchan are happy together.  Whatever is going on with me and Daehyun is no reflection on what I think of you.”  She gave Kyuyun a squeeze.  “The three of us need to support each other.”  She said putting her other arm around Minhee.  “We’re like sisters now, we need to be there for one another.” 

Kyuyun looked up and smiled at Eunji.  “Thank you.  And I’m so sorry.  My emotions have been all over the place recently.  I think it’s because of the injections I’ve been getting.”

Eunji smiled.  “That or you’re already pregnant and having ferocious mood swings.”  She said winking.

Kyuyun laughed.  “I hope you’re right.  We will find out tomorrow though.  Youngjae has a scanner thing that’s like an ultrasound but not…does that even make sense?”  She paused thinking on it herself.  “Anyway, we will be able to tell if I’m pregnant or not tomorrow.  So, wish me lots of luck.”

Eunji and Minhee both smiled at her and nodded.  The sound of the panel sliding open made the three girls look toward the noise.  Yongguk stood in the entrance with Daehyun behind him.

“We’ve come to say goodnight to our girls.”  Daehyun beamed.

Eunji nudged Minhee and she watched as the girl took a deep breath and stood up, startling everyone, especially Yongguk.  She went to him and Eunji could almost swear Yongguk looked like he was going to faint. 

Minhee stared up at him and smiled.  “I love you.”  She said before crashing her lips against his, surprising the man so much that he nearly fell backward.  When she pulled away the look of pure shock on his face was priceless.  “I thought it was about time I told you that.  I just didn’t know how until Eunji told me what I needed to do.”

Yongguk cast a surprised look Eunji’s way, as did Daehyun.  Yongguk nodded his thanks at her and looked back down at the woman before him.  “Do you want to sleep in my room tonight?”

Minhee smiled.  “Why not every night?”  She said, going on tiptoe so she could put her arms around his neck.  “You don’t have to worry about me going anywhere, I’m all yours.”

Yongguk didn’t need to hear anymore.  He scooped Minhee up in his arms and carried her away like a prince riding off into the sunset with his princess.

Eunji just smiled after them until her eyes landed on Daehyun.  He was standing there staring at her.  “What?”

“You told her to do that?” 

Eunji shrugged.  “Well, she told me that she loved him but she simply didn’t know how to tell him so I told her she didn’t have to say anything all she had to do was kiss him and he’d get the message.”  She smiled.  “But she got brave just now and actually told him as well.”

Daehyun continued to stare her.  “So, according to you, kissing someone implies that you love them?”

“Of course, why wouldn’t…” Her voice cut off.  She knew what he was getting at, and she knew she’d just told him exactly what he wanted to hear her say.  She mentally kicked herself. 

He moved toward her and her heart stopped.  He crouched down and studied her eyes, a slow smile splaying across those ridiculously tantalizing lips.  He leaned in and pressed his lips against hers in a chaste kiss.  “Goodnight, my sweet.”  He winked at her and then left her to her thoughts.

She put her fingers to her lips.  He’d just told her he loved her, with a kiss.  He’d shown her the stars today, other worlds even, and to top it all off he’d told her he loved her.

“I know I’m going to suggest to Himchan that we share a room tomorrow, he just never thinks of things like that on his own, hence the reason I’ve never seen the star deck.”  Kyuyun then smiled at Eunji.  “From the look on your face right now it looks like you might be considering the same sort of thing with Daehyun.”

Eunji’s eyes widened.  “What…no…I…”

“Shhh,” Kyuyun whispered.  “Just sleep on it and you can figure out what to do tomorrow.”

Eunji just nodded and curled up on her bedroll next to Kyuyun.  She had so much to think about and she didn’t even know where to start.  She finally fell asleep, with the thoughts of caramel eyes, chocolate kisses, warm hands, and lush, soft lips running through her mind.

 

A/N:  Sooooo, anyone see any of that coming...?  What do you think might happen next?