10

My Abductor, My Love

Eunji felt like she’d been slugged in the chest and her world was crumbling in on itself, toppling about her before her eyes.  She was certain that someone had all the air out of the room, because she couldn’t breathe.  She sank to her knees and Daehyun was immediately at her side.

“I’m so sorry, Eunji.”  Daehyun whispered as he held her in his arms.  “I’m so sorry.”

Eunji felt like she was in a dream, a very bad dream.  She watched as Yongguk and Himchan went to comfort Minhee and Kyuyun as well.  The girls were crying, why wasn’t she crying?  Was it shock?  Had it not sunken in yet?  Was something wrong with her?

Daehyun squeezed her tighter and kissed the top of her head.  “I wish we had more time together.”

That was what pushed her over the edge.  They were going to be separated and after only being with each other for a short amount of time.  She had finally given this man her heart, her body, her everything, and now he was being taken away from her.  She started sobbing.  It just wasn’t fair.  Eunji clung to him with all the strength she had left in her.  She didn’t want to let him go, she couldn’t.  She would surely fall apart if she did.

“Shhh.”  Daehyun whispered soothingly as he held her.  “I know, sweetheart, I know.”

“It wasn’t enough time.”  She cried.  “I haven’t had you for long enough.”  She said as her arms and hands tried to hold onto him, squeezing tighter, but she felt like it wasn’t enough, like she was losing purchase, and that soon he would slip away.  “I can’t!”  She sobbed.  “I can’t let you go!  You can’t leave me!”

Daehyun sighed and she could feel the pain and sadness radiate off of him.  “I’ll come back for you, Eunji.  I’m not leaving you, I’ll come back, I promise.”

She glared at him, tears staining her cheeks.  “Don’t make promises you might not be able to keep.”  She cried.

Daehyun smiled patiently at her, he understood her anger and her sorrow.  “I will always come back for you, in this life and the next; nothing can keep me from retuning to you.”  He placed his forehead against hers.  “I need you to be strong for me, Eunji.  It will give me the strength I need to get through and return to you.”  He sighed.  “And I know you will probably be angry with me for suggesting this, but, I want you to be happy while I’m gone.”

Eunji gave him a suspicious look.  “What do you mean?”

He sighed again.  “Find a nice man and get married, have children, live a full, happy life.”

She glared at him even more than before.  “You want me to be with another man?  Are you already planning on not returning?”

Daehyun shook his head.  “That’s not it, Eunji.  The place we are going takes ten of your Earth years just to reach.  And time there moves slower than it does on Earth.”

Eunji did the math in her head.  “So you won’t be back for at least twenty years?”

He nodded.  “And that would be just going there and coming straight back.  That doesn’t include the time we will spend there engaging in battle.”  He put his hands on her face, his eyes studying every feature like he was trying to memorize every single detail.  “I don’t know how long it will take for me to return to you, Eunji, but I need you to know that I will.  And I want you to remember that no matter what I will always love you.  You will always be the one who holds my heart.”  He kissed her and it was a kiss filled with his passion for her.

She wanted to drown in his kiss, to keep this moment and live in it forever, but she knew that couldn’t happen.  She could already feel him slipping away as she felt the sense of loss build within her.  She cried while he kissed her, sobbed even as she tried to choke back tears, but that didn’t stop him from kissing her.  He kissed her over and over, on her lips, her cheeks, her forehead, all over her face; they were tender kisses full of his love.  She was a weeping mess, all tears and hands as she tried desperately to cling to him, hoping that somehow it would change things; that it would make him stay.

“Yongguk is having Zelo stay with you girls.  He has been commanded to protect the three of you until we return.  I know he is creepy and I know he scares you, but…for some reason he’s become attached to you, and only you.  Yongguk doesn’t understand it, maybe he is developing on his own beyond the bounds of the programs Yongguk creates for him, and that’s a scary thought alone, but, what I’m trying to say is…keep him close and it will make me feel better knowing that you are under his watchful eye.  I know that he would never let anything happen to you.  I think that, in some weird robotic sort of way, he loves you.  Try to be patient with him.”  Daehyun chuckled.  “Never would I ever have imagined that I would entrust you in his care.”

Eunji just looked at him, tears still flowing down her face.  She reached out and ran her hands over his face, tracing his features, committing them to memory, she never wanted to forget him or the way he felt or how he made her feel.  Her fingers ended on his plump lips.  “I love you, Daehyun.”

He smiled at her.  “I love you too.”  He helped her to her feet and they went about the sorrowful task of preparing for the girls departure.

The men were going to war because a force of barbarian type creatures was trying to invade their home planet.  Daehyun had assured her that even though these other beings were vicious they lacked battle prowess, his race, on the other hand, was more advanced, better trained and could be just as ruthless.  She truly hoped he was correct in his assessment.  

Zelo would be taking them back to Earth using the smaller craft.  They already had a residence set up for the girls and an account with more than enough money in it that the girls would never need to work a day in their life if they chose.  The house they would be staying in was set on a hill overlooking a beach.  It was private yet not too far from the rest of civilization. 

It saddened Eunji to see Kyuyun and Himchan.  He wasn’t going to be there for the birth of their child.  In fact, he wouldn’t even see his child until it was about the age she was now.  It was too sad to even think about.  She shifted her gaze to Minhee and Yongguk.  Despite how much it was killing them to be separated from each other as well, she couldn’t help but notice a slight gleam in Yongguk’s eye, and she knew it was the warrior side of him perking up at the thought of battle.  One comfort she did find in all of this was the fact that she wouldn’t be alone in her loss.  Minhee and Kyuyun would be there with her, and they each understood what the other felt.

“Are you ready?”  Daehyun asked softly, pulling Eunji out of her thoughts.

“No.”  She responded truthfully.

He offered her a small smile.  “I know; I’m not either.”  He said hugging her to him.

“The ship is all good to go, captain.”  Jongup announced.  He looked at Eunji and the other two girls.  “I’m going to miss seeing pretty faces around here.”  He smiled, trying to lighten the mood.

“I’ve outfitted a communication device of sorts for Zelo.”  Youngjae announced.  “Well, it’s more like a one-way communication device.  It will allow us to send messages to him if we need, and he can relay them.  Oh, and his eyes act as cameras so we can pull up images of things he sees, that way we can keep up on what’s happening with you ladies.”  Youngjae smiled brightly.  “So, I think Himchan would really appreciate it if you let Zelo be present for the birth of his child.”

Kyuyun nodded.  “Of course.”

“And any special occasions and such, make sure you drag him along to those as well.”  Youngjae added.  He looked at the tall robot.  “You have to be the biggest, most awkward video camera ever invented.”

Zelo tilted his head as he stared back at Youngjae.  “That was not the intention behind my creation.”  The robot shifted his dark eyes to Eunji and he smiled.  “I was created to serve.”  His smiled widened.  “And I learn well from experience.”  He then looked at Daehyun.  “She will be safe in my hands.”

Daehyun grit his teeth and nodded.  “Unfortunately, that’s what I’m counting on.”

Zelo moved closer to Eunji and she clung to Daehyun as he approached.  “Shall we?”  He asked holding out his arm for Eunji.

Eunji looked at Daehyun, her eyes filled with uncertainty.

He nodded.  “You will be alright.  He will protect you,” he leaned down and touched his nose to hers, “And I will always love you.”  He gave her a tender kiss and smiled.  “I’ll return to you as quickly as I can.”

Eunji nodded and smiled in return.  She suddenly felt it again, that feeling of him slipping away, out of her grasp, out of her reach, and soon he would be too far away for her to snatch him back.  She felt numb and lost, and she wasn’t even aware of the fact that Zelo now escorted her toward the smaller ship.  Her eyes only cared about Daehyun, her heart only cared about Daehyun.  He was her abductor, her love; she would never give her heart to anyone else.

 

A/N:  I'm so sorry......I don't even know what else to say....... I will admit I cried a little when I wrote this.  I love you guys, please stick with me on this.