1

My Abductor, My Love

It was a night like any other as Eunji made her way back home after a long day of work.  The footpath through the park had its fair amount of traffic as people made their way to or from work, though it was far from being considered crowded or busy.  Most people didn’t take the footpath because it was hilly and rough, but the few, like Eunji, who did, did so because it gave them a sense of being at one with nature. 

Living in the city didn’t exactly provide that feeling.  There was something very calming and satisfying about being able to feel the breeze brush across your skin after it’s swept through the trees, or listening to the animals and insects that called the park their home.  Eunji loved the park; she loved the life it harbored and the way it flourished, despite the limited space human encroachment provided.  To Eunji the park was freedom, freedom from the outside world, and an escape from the dreariness of the everyday grind. 

But tonight, as she traversed the path homeward, she paused as something caught her eye.  As people continued to walk in either direction she realized no one else had noticed it, only her.  This made her frown.  How could no one else see this obvious anomaly?  In the very middle of the path lay something that appeared to be a glowing marble. The light exuding from it wasn’t obscenely bright or anything, but it was definitely noticeable.  How had no one seen it?  Why was no one seeing it still?

Eunji bent down and tentatively stretched out her fingers.  As her fingertips neared the small red orb, she felt warmth radiating from it.  She gave an experimental tap, but found the object cool.  Strange.  Before she could question herself, she scooped the little red ball up and stared at it on her palm.  She watched as the light slowly dimmed, and then, she felt it hum against her skin.  Before she could freak out about that, it did something even more panic worthy, it started pulsing in sync with her heartbeat. 

She flipped her hand over to dump the object back onto the ground but found it stuck fast to her palm.  Eunji tried to remain calm.  She didn’t want to have a panic attack in front of the few people walking along the path.  She took a deep breath and swallowed hard.  Should she go to the hospital or should she simply go home? 

She looked up and her eyes met with a man’s, he was staring straight at her from several feet away; he merely stood there, watching her.  He was wearing a mask that covered the lower portion of his face, so all she could really see were his eyes, but his eyes were so intense it was almost scary.  When he started moving toward her, his posture turning more predatory, she turned and bolted.  She didn’t care if people thought she was insane as she tore down the path like a madwoman, if they had a glowing, magical ball stuck to their hand and a crazy, masked man chasing after them, then they’d be doing the very same thing.

When Eunji made it out onto the street she quickly ducked behind a food stall and watched as the man who’d been chasing her appeared, his head whipping around as he searched for any sign of her.  The light provided by all the stores along the street gave her a better view of the man; his hair was dyed a sandy blonde color, and, when he lowered his mask to better catch his breath, she couldn’t help but take notice of how handsome he was, and his lips…she wasn’t even going to go there, he was a creepy man chasing after her, who cared if he was handsome and had kissable lips?  She watched as he put his mask back into place and blessedly walked in the opposite direction of where she needed to go. 

Once she felt it was safe, she darted from behind the food stall and sprinted to her apartment.  Once inside, she breathed a sigh of relief.  This was officially the strangest night of her life.  She sat down on her couch and stared at the marble-sized ball on her palm, it still pulsed in time with her heart.  She couldn’t shake it off but she found that it wasn’t necessarily “stuck” to her palm, it was her skin to which it clung.  She could push it around on her hand or up her arm, but that freaked her out, so she pushed it back onto her palm. 

Not knowing what else to do, and fearing doctors wouldn’t be able to do anything for her anyway, there was nothing left to do but to get some rest.  She changed into a comfy, oversized shirt and crawled into bed.  She found it hard to sleep though.  She brought her hand up in front of her face and ran her finger over the red, glowing ball.  It hummed at her whenever she touched it, but other than that and pulsing in sync with her heart, and sticking to her skin, it didn’t do anything else, yet, she felt like it had a purpose of some sort, she just hadn’t figured out what that was yet. 

“What are you?”  Eunji asked the glowing red ball.

“That would be my tracking device.”  A sultry voice purred from the corner of her room.

Eunji gasped, but, before she could react, the masked man was suddenly on top of her.  She squirmed as he leaned over her, lowering his mask and bringing his face close to hers, “Only the perfect specimen would be able to see it, let alone touch it.”  He explained as his fingers trailed up her arm, sliding the little ball along as well.  “Once the perfect specimen was located, it would adhere itself until I could retrieve it.”  He worked his fingers over her shoulder, up her neck, and over her chin, until they finally brought the ball to rest on her lips.  “Consider yourself retrieved.”  He grinned as he inched those sinful lips of his to hers, kissing her in the process of pulling the ball into his mouth.  He then forced his way into by biting her lip. Finally, with access gained, he released the ball into , startling her.  She felt the ball land on her tongue and stick there.

He pulled back and stared down at her, smiling pleasantly.  “Hold onto that a little longer for me, will you?”  He sat up and pulled her along with him. 

Eunji wanted to protest but the ball in prevented her from doing so, and she knew then that he’d put it there on purpose. 

He clutched her to his body as he made his way to the window, opening it and looking out.  “This would be more entertaining if you lived a little higher up,” He sighed, shrugging, “Oh well, I’ll make it work.”  He looked at her and she knew the glint in his eyes couldn’t possibly bode well for her.

He bound her hands together in front of her, even though she tried to fight him.  When he was done he put her arms around his neck so that she was face-to-face with him.  He wrapped an arm around her waist and hoisted the both of them up onto the windowsill.  Her eyes widened in fright as a terrifying realization settled over her.  Was this lunatic going to jump out the window with her?

He noticed her sudden fear and he simply grinned, “Want to see my spaceship?” 

Eunji didn’t know what kind of weird "guy-code" that might be, or what it stood for, but she didn’t care either.  She didn’t want to see anything or go anywhere with this crazy man, and she especially didn't want to be jumping out of any windows with him.

When she shook her head at him he just laughed.  He then lifted his hand to the side of his face and pressed a finger to his ear and spoke, “On my,” He looked out the window again, seeming to judge the distance to the ground, “On my two.” 

Eunji frowned.  What in the world could that possibly mean?

The man huffed.  “Of course I’m sure.” He said, his finger still pressed to his ear, obviously using some sort of communication device. “On my three then if it will make you feel better?”  He rolled his eyes.  “I swear you like to the fun out of everything I do.”  He huffed again.  “Shut up, you know what I mean.  Just do your job.”  He lowered his hand and looked down at Eunji.  “Are you ready for the ride of your life?”

Eunji shook her head vigorously.  She just wanted this all to be a nightmare.  She wanted nothing more than to wake up and realize it had been nothing but a very strange dream. 

The man hugged her to his body with one hand and pressed his other hand to his ear again.  “Ready.”  He said before suddenly ing the both of them out the window.  “Five.” He started counting.

Eunji closed her eyes and helplessly clung to the crazy man, hoping their death would be quick and painless.

“Four.”

The sound of the air rushing past was deafening and Eunji’s skin felt like it was being whipped. 

“Three.” 

There was a sudden high-pitched noise and Eunji felt like they were being into something more powerful than the air that was rushing past them.  One moment she was experiencing the sensation of falling, then next she was lying down on what felt like a metal surface.

Eunji opened her eyes and found her kidnapper smiling down at her.  He leaned down and her eyes widened.  “You have something of mine.  I think I’ll take it back now.”  He said pressing his lips against hers, forcing his tongue past them.  He located the ball on her tongue and slowly rolled it off by at it.  Once he had it in his mouth again, he pulled away and took it out of his mouth, holding it between two fingers.  “Thanks.”  He said with a wink.  He pressed the ball into an empty slot on his belt, where other little red orbs rested. 

“Who are you?”  Eunji finally asked.

He smiled at her.  “My name is Daehyun.”  He said while he fiddled with something else he’d pulled from his belt.

“Where are we?”  She asked as she tried to look around, but nothing was really making sense to her at the moment.

“That, Eunji, is a question for another time I’m afraid.”  Daehyun said as he finished his fiddling. 

Eunji’s eyes widened, she hadn’t told him her name.

“Right now, you need to rest,” Daehyun’s voice interrupted her increasingly panicky thoughts, “We can play and answer questions later.”  He said as he pressed something against her neck. 

Eunji gasped when she felt something prick the flesh on her neck, and she instantly became drowsy.

“It really has been fun, Eunji, maybe you and I can have fun again later?”  Daehyun’s sensual voice sounded from nearby, but she couldn’t seem to focus any of her senses enough to determine where exactly.  She couldn’t believe this was happening to her.  She tried to remain conscious but she simply couldn’t. Sleep quickly swept her under into its blissful depths.

 

A/N:  And here you go, my lovely readers.  A Daehyun centered story to go along with my Himchan centered story and my Yongguk centered story....perhaps there is a pattern here...?  Hmmmmm.... Anyway, I hope you all like this one as well.  i may be a little slower with my updates on this one b/c my Himchan story I was already far into it when I started posting it.  So, bear with me.  I love you all!