CHAPTER 9

Lemons Grow In Mars

 

(just to remind you guys of Hyun Ok's schedule. remember in korea, a high school student's education is like life and death)

 

Hyun Ok’s schedule:

MON-FRI
School by 8 am (school gates closes at 8. class starts at 8:15)
3 classes in the morning
Lunch 11:30am-12:20 pm
4 classes in the evening
School ends at 4:30 pm
Eat dinner/extra curricular activities (4:30-7pm)

 

Self-study sessions (7pm-9pm)

At home by 10pm


SAT-SUN
whatever floats her boat.

 

and now the main event that you all have been waiting for. here is chapter 9 which is entitled....

 

 

 

The Romance Amidst the Stink Of His Poop

 

 

 

 

 

 

It's 1:20 pm, Thursday, and I’m in the school field for gym class. Teacher Park is a certified CLASS A idiot. He’s one of our school guards and he just got the PE teaching job (last week). He made the class do 50 push ups and everyone is already done except for this one guy whose name is Lee Soon Ki. Soon Ki is overweight and he still has 25 more push ups to do. Everyone is just staring at him like he's a pathetic mutt. I can't help but feel some sort of guilt down the pit of my stomach. Teacher Park (AKA TEACHER PANTYHOSE) is not helping at all. He’s yelling at Soon Ki telling him he’s fat and that he earned himself 20 more push ups. What a jerk. Can’t he see that Soon Ki is trying all that he could? He’s doing very good push ups too, unlike the other guys who didn’t do them very well. But of course Teacher Pantyhose would pay more attention to Soon Ki because he’s fat. How evil.

I couldn’t take it anymore. I go to Soon Ki and join him with the push ups.

“You can do it Soon Ki! I’ll do it with you! HWAITING!”

Soon Ki blinked back at me, kind of dumbstruck for a while.

“YOOYOONUK! Whatcha think yer doin? Git yer in here!” Teacher Pantyhose yelled (tugging on his wedgie a bit). He pointed at our class who are standing in front of the bleachers looking at me and Soon Ki. He looks really mad as he stomps his left foot . Oh... scary...

I stuck out my tongue at him.

“Ya little~!"

Soon Ki smiled at me. I smile back at him. We were doing push ups when suddenly I felt someone in front of me and Soon Ki.

It's SeungHyun.

“Good job! Just 34 more to go!” SeungHyun cheered Soon Ki on. He joins us too.

Aw. Thank you SeungHyun. Of course I will never say to that out loud because I don’t want him to think I’m interested in him. Because I’m not. I think. (Gah…my head’s too dysfunctional.)

Before I knew it, a couple more people came was rushing to us and started doing push ups with us. Even Seungri. Even some of SeungHyun’s groupees. Even Young Bae.

Jiyong is doing a cheerleading dance. (“S-O-O-N-K-I Yay! Goooooooo SOON KI!”)

Wow. This is kind of unbelievable. And awesome. I can see that Soon Ki got energized because his doing his push ups enthusiastically. 

Ooooh. I just saw Chae Bom behind Teacher Park taking a picture of us cheering on Soon Ki. (Her and Jiyong hate getting their hands dirty.)

We are doing push ups and counting off.

“8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1 YEAH!!!!!!

Me and the rest of the supporters cheered for Soon Ki. I jumped up and high-fived Soon Ki. I ruffle his hair.

“Ehem…” SeungHyun got between me and Soon Ki and patted Soon Ki’s shoulder. "You did good man."

He seems weird.

“SeungHyun oppa, are really dating Hyun Ok?” one of SeungHyun’s groupees asked. That got the whole class rumbled up. Where'd she get that from? Geez. I’m not so sure about going on this date with him anymore (it’s this Saturday). Looking at his groupees is like a flashing neon sign that says ‘WHOOO BEWARE’.

“Whoa, whoa. Guys, it’s nothing like that!” I try to tell them.

I look at SeungHyun.

Why is he grinning?

AND WHY THE HELL DID HE JUST WINK AT ME? 

“Yoon Hyun Ok! To the principal’s office! NOW!”

Aww…what now? Teacher Pantyhose, why do you have your balls all up in a bunch?

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                                                                  

 

 

 

It's 4:34 pm…I’m in the boys’ restroom…mopping the floor.

Sigh…

I got punished for “sticking out my tongue” at my teacher. Apparently that’s a very big sign of disrespect. What about lowering someone’s self-esteem by humiliating that person in front of everybody? Isn’t that a bigger sign of disrespect? Heck, Teacher Pantyhose should be cleaning the boys’ restroom, not me. That stupid bastard with his pathetic pair of balls. He was here about five minutes ago to poop. He didn’t really say anything but he was all like “yeah, das right, never mess with me again little girl” with all that nasty stinky poop coming out of his .

Bleeping bleep all up in the bleep bleeping bleep bleep. Bleep???!! Bleeping that bleep of a bleeep!!!! How dare he take advantage of an innocent young girl? And how dare he eat something so disgusting for lunch?

“Hyun Ok…"

Omo. It’s Young Bae. He’s wearing his Tae Kwon Do uniform.

“I came here to…never mind. Are you okay?” he asked me.

That’s weird. It seems like he’s acting very civil towards me again.

I don’t have my period anymore (thank god) so I’m acting normal. I don’t even know why I got that mad at Young Bae. He didn’t really do anything (except tell me to stop playing my guitar which makes sense because he wanted quiet).

“I’m fine. Thank god this is the last one,” I tell him while mopping the floor. I didn’t pay attention to my feet walking on the wet floor so I slipped and broke my skull.

Well, kind of.

I open my eyes.

Well, not really.

I’m lying on the floor and Young Bae is holding me, his upper body on top of me. His left hand is holding my waist and his right arm around my head. Our faces are so close that I can feel his warm breath. His eyes are on to me, it feels like they’re digging their way inside of my head. He’s sweaty because of TKD practice and I can smell his sweat.

Teacher Pantyhose’s uncomfortable undies.

Sniff. SNIFF.

Young Bae’s sweat smells so good.

“Hyun Ok…did you do number 2 in here?” Young Bae asked me, neither of us moving an inch.

“No,” I answer, trying not to be so obvious with my sniffing. Maybe it's Teacher Pantyhose's natural eau de toilette spray that's got me thinking that Young Bae's sweat smells good. 

“It smells so bad here, you don’t smell it?" He wrinkles his nose. Cutely. 

“Ah…that’s Teacher Pantyhose. He took a gigantic dump here earlier.”

"Teacher who?"

"Erm I mean Teacher Park," I corrected myself. 

“Ugh,” Young Bae groaned. He then laughed. I join him.

I kind of don’t want to, but I need Young Bae to get off of me.

“Oh, sorry,” he said, noticing that I was getting out of breath with him cutting off the air circulation from my lungs. Young Bae is heavy. He gets up, still holding me.

I feel like I’m a 6 month old baby. Feels weird. 

I’m sitting up now, Young Bae is kneeling on his right leg with his left leg up. He’s still holding me. He started doing that “I wanna dig out your head” thingy with his eyes again. I don’t really know what to do in this kind of situation so I’m just staring back at him feeling very blank.

Hmm? Why is he tilting his head-

 

...

 

!!!

 

“…and um... don't work too hard…” Young Bae gets up and dashes out of the restroom.

Omo.

He kissed my nose!

omo. omo. Omo. Omo. OMO. OMO. OMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Let me rewind it for you.

First I was wondering why he was tilting his head in slo-mo then he went in for my mouth which was kind of open. He gave me a peck then he opened his lips and smothered my lips with his. Then he gave me a peck on the lips again. Then he kissed my nose. And then he said something about being cute. And then he left. He did all of that while I was frozen.

That actually would’ve been so cool for a first kiss if it weren’t for the fact that Seungri was my first kiss and that this restroom stinks of Teacher Pantyhose's poop.

Young Bae... 

I’m about to have a heart attack. 

He loves me! 

But... brain fart. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                                                                            

 

 

I wanna see a BIG BANG CONCERT SO BAD.