The Heroic Act of Martian Boy

Lemons Grow In Mars

The Heroic Act of Martian Boy

 

It is now…(I look at my phone) WHAAAAAAAAAAT?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It’s 1:54 am and I’m still on the roof! I’ve been asleep for over 2 hours!

I sit up and rub my eyes.

It’s cold…oh so cold. I think I may have to invest some of my savings on an electric fan. My nose job would have to wait. The only reason I come to the roof is because it’s hot in my room. But now I’m super cold. Great. I’m shaking from the cold now and my stomach is experiencing that weird feeling whenever it’s been exposed for a long time. I rub my arms and stomach for some friction heat.

“I’ve been trying to wake you up for thirty minutes now! You’re such a heavy sleeper!” Young Bae shouted (in a whisper) from his balcony. This is the first time I’m seeing him since the other night. And he’s in his pajamas. Hehe. How funny.

I answered him with a groan as I make my way down the roof to the window of my room. It’s kind of hard balancing myself when I’m sleepy. Where are you my useful metal bar? I can’t find that metal bar that I usually hold on to when I make my way to the window. Where is it?

“Hyun Ok, what are you doing?” Young Bae shouted at me (in a whisper of course. Everyone’s already asleep.)

“I’m trying to find that metal bar, what do you think?!” He’s just too dull sometimes.

“It’s over there!” He points a the metal bar about five feet on my left.

Gosh, I’m not even on top of my window right now. How did I not notice that?

I rub my eyes again so that I could wake up. I make my way to the metal bar, I tried to grab a hold of it, and then it fell off down to the ground.

Eh. 

Stupid metal bar, why did you have to be adjustable? I moved it too much that it slid off the hook. Yep. I’m officially a cat stuck in a tree now. There’s no other safe way down this roof. And I don’t want to wake my parents up. They’re a bit old and they sometimes get nervous over little things. They’d probably go psycho if I try to wake them up in the middle of the night. Appa has this meeting he has to attend early in the morning. I really don’t want to wake them up. The only other way to make it to my room is if I jump from the roof and dive into the window to my room. The chances are about 50/50. The other 50 is me cracking open my skull when I land in the ground.

Groan...

Yawn...

The silver lining on this whole thing is that I’m too sleepy to care that I’m stuck. Who cares? Sleeping is good. Good thing I brought Bebe here with me. Bebe is good. Zzzzzzzzz…

“Hyun Ok!”

Groan...What now?

“Are you crazy?!” Young Bae looked at me in disbelief. I saw him walk out of his room.

Finally! Some peace! Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz…

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

I think it’s already morning. Umma is shaking my shoulder. Time to wake up.

“Hyun Ok, wake up…wake up…”

“Umma…five more minutes…”

I open my eyes.

Holy cow. It’s not umma, it’s Young Bae.

“Young Bae…”

“Yes, it’s Oppa. Wake up Hyun Ok. You can’t sleep on the roof,” says Young Bae.

“Whoa...dude...when did you become my oppa? Aren’t I older than you for like...*yawn*...4 months?” I ask him, still half asleep.

“Hyun Ok, I’M older than you for 4 months. You’re September and I’m May,” says Young Bae, feeling my forehead.

Really? Why do I keep thinking he’s born in January? Well…I learn something new every day.

“Ho-how did you get in my room?” I ask him. Do we live in the same house now?

I saw him sigh. Then he squished my face between his hands.

“Hyun Ok, you have to wake up! Look around you. You’re in the roof and the sky is dark. C’mon. Let’s get you into your room so that you can sleep properly with a pillow,” says Young Bae, grabbing Bebe and throwing it somewhere below.

That woke me up. Pillow? Oohh…how nice.

“Okay…” I obliged, still feeling like I’m in a dream.

I sat up and Young Bae helped me get down the roof safely. I see that he is standing on a very tall ladder that reached just below my window. He made his way to the window first so that I could stand on the ladder. When I stood on the ladder, he grabbed my waist and knees, carrying me inside my room. The moment he carried me, I closed my eyes again.

Ah...feels so good to close them again. I can feel soft sheets and pillows now. And finally…warmth. I felt something warm covering me from my foot to my shoulders.

Ah…this is heaven.

I felt Bebe snuggling my neck.

Mmm…

Zzzzzzzz…

Hmm? What was that? I just felt something ticklish touch forehead...

...who KERS? My aching back is satisfied. Ah…bliss…

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz…

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

[POSTED: 21 Dec 2009]