Call

Battle of the Brains

Happy New Year! Continuation of the previous chapter <3

Also, please show some love to this one shot I'm writing about an OC and Bobby!~ http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1069140

 

 


 

Raeha

Whena I heard the ringing signalled the end of the call, I put the phone down, completely dumbfounded.

HOLY F-- WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT???

It was like a totally different person. Today I just heard a side of Cho Kyuhyun I had never expected. And it was AMAZING?? WHOA. WHOA. I should have recorded the call. How could his father think  this was a waste of time? Cho Kyuhyun had one of the best voices I'd ever heard. I had to call someone. Immediately.

Quickly scrolling through my contacts, I found just the person.

"Hello?"

"Henry-yah! It's your favorite nerd callingggg."

A small sign of exasperation escaped the phone speaker. "Yah, it's like midnight right now. If you're calling to rant about some drama you're marathon-ing, I'm gonna hang up."

"Waaait I just have to ask a question. I seem to recall a while back you told me Seohyun was training at a big entertainment company. Which one was it?"

"SM? Are you planning to audition? Because you can't hold a key, Rae. Besides, training is very rigorous."

"It's not for me, stupid. When do auditions come?"

"Search it for yourself, I'm going to sleep. As you should too!"

"Okay okay, I'll call tomorrow." I hung up quickly and looked up the next audition schedules on my laptop. Someone needed a bit of a push, and if I had to be that push, then so be it!

 

 

 

 


"Welcome to the Regional level! We will begin the program shortly, so may the contestants please take their places."

So here goes another round of typical math questions. I'll admit the time pressure really adds a bit of stress of my part, and I'd like a little bit more time in case I begin second-guessing. But as long as my partner covers my mistakes, we're good, right?

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Cho shaking his leg. Without turning my head, I whisper, "Stop shaking your leg." Then, a few seconds later, "and don't roll your eyes at me." 

"How do you do that??"

"Just relax. We're ahead by fifteen points and there's only three questions left. We've got this covered and you can focus better if you're relaxed."

He let out a hard, shaky breath. "Calm, calm, calm. Focus, focus, focus."

I chuckled. "You're too noisy, you know?"

He glared in reply and just rubbed the bridge of his nose with his forefinger and thumb.

 

 

"And the winner is Team 2, Jung Raeha and Cho Kyuhyun. Congratulations! You'll be heading up to nationals in a month!"

Another day, another victory. I stretch my arms out above my head. Damn my hurts from sitting for so long. I just wanna go home--

"GOOD JOB KIDS!!!!" Leeteuk seonsaengnim threw his arms around both of us excitedly.

"Seonsaengnim, you're choking me," Cho managed to squeak out. When he let go, Cho smoothened out his uniform with his hands.

"There's another party for you guys tonight! Isn't that great?" he asked with a huge grin on his face. Honestly I was a bit sleepy, and Cho's eyebags grew the last week as well. "Uhh, I don't really feel like it--" He cut me off and I SAW HIS EYES FLASH. SO SCARY. And without removing the huge, mmoderately creepy smile on his face. he said, "you're going because I said so. You're not rejecting the principal."

Cho and I audibly gulped. "Y-yes sir."

"Good. Same place, same time. See you kids!" He gave us pats on the shoulder and turned to leave.

"Tsk." I turn to look at Cho, who had a look of annoyance on his face. 

"Hey, look at the bright side, the next competition is a month away. We can relax a bit."

"Yeah, but I was hoping to start relaxing now."

"Same. I have a drama marathon calling my name as we speak."

Ignoring me, he leaned on the wall, putting his head back and closing his eyes. He was obviously exhausted. I went over to lean beside him and nudged him with my elbow. "Hey, look at it this way: it's just one night more. And then after than we can chill for a while. Right?"

"Whatever, let's just get it over with."