Lessons?

Battle of the Brains

Mianhe, my dear readers! I haven't updated in so long because I've just been suppeerrrr busy with my college course. Hope you stay for the rest of the story, because it's just getting started~~ love!

 


Kyuhyun

 

"Okay, kids, I know you're tired, so I guess we can call it a day." Park-ssam said. Instantaneously, Raeha and I plopped our pens on the table and let out a tired sigh. We had been reviewing for two hours straight on a school day, of course we were tired.

I gathered my stuff. All I wanted to do was get home, eat a meal, and finish my homework so I could turn in early.

 

"Okay, Cho, you're coming with me." Raeha said with an energetic smile. How is she not tired??? I threw her an exasperated look. "Why the hell would I go anywhere with you?"

"Well, seeing as you are going on your first date this Saturday, you might need some real training. So, I'm taking you on dating lessons!" She said enthusiastically.

 

I choked on air. "Are you serious?? And I didn't even agree to go on Saturday!"

She just rolled her eyes. "Come ooon. I'm doing you a favor here." Did she just not hear what I said???

"No. N. O. I'm not going on a date this Saturday, and I'm CERTAINLY not going on a faux-date lesson with you!" I grabbed my stuff and moved towards the door. 

 

"I could help you with math." She said.

 

I turned. "What?"

"I know you've been having trouble with our lesson right now, and I know you wanna get better. I'm offering my help right now. Will you take it or not?" She raised her brow and smirked.

I bit my lip. I admit I could really use the help. Math was not my strongest suit, but it wasn't my weakest either. But the new lessons were not easy, and I the book was not helpful at all.

 

Exasperated, I sighed. Her smirk grew wider. "I'll take that as a yes." She dragged me out to the hall.

 

 

 

Raeha

"Okay, so lesson number one." I started as we walked down Hongdae. "Girls like to be comfortable. You, my boy, are NOT. You're always so awkward. Loosen up." I told him. He just looked at me, uncomprehending. "Like that! God, don't just look at a girl; talk to her!"

"Uhhh... what do I talk about?"

"Aish, this guy." I muttered under my breath and scratched the back of my neck. "Well," I began, "ask the girl about her. Get to know her. Let her see you're interested."

 

He just narrowed his brows. "Uhhh. Okay.... so... what's your favorite ice cream flavor?"

WHAT. Seriously, this guy.... I just have to facepalm.

"Cho, don't just ask that outright, randomly. There are situations where these questions are appropriate."

"Aish." He rubbed his hand on the back of his neck. "So what do I talk about?"

"Well, you could always start with a comment on her looks. Like, her dress or hair."

"So basically tell her she's pretty?"

"Yeah, that works." I think we're getting somewhere.

 

"So, uhh..." He looked around, flustered, before looking at me nervously. "You look pretty."

 

 

WHAT.

 

WHAAAT.

 

I felt the blood rise in my cheeks and struggled to respond. I don't even know why I'm speechless. I mean, it's not like he said that about me, right? It was just a general statement.. I mean, he was just practicing! Yeah! That's right, this is a lesson, and he's learning. He wasn't complimenting me. That  would be such an un-Kyuhyun-like thing to do.

I cleared my throat and tried to control my flushed cheeks. "Ah, right, that'll work." I looked away from his eyes and walked into a nearby food place, regaining my composure.

 

 

Turns out the place I walked into was a ramen shop. I sat at the wooden counter and he sat beside me. "This doesn't look like a date kind of place." He wrinkled his brows.

"Lesson two: take a girl somewhere she wants to go. Remember how I mentioned girls like to be comfortable? Well, I'm just comfortable here, but I'm betting Seohyun is the kind who would like cafés or something. Better take note." I wagged my finger at him, then turned to raise my hand and called out an order at the cook. 

"And it's not like this is a real date, anyway. Plus this place is cheaper." I would hate to think of this as a real date. Ugh. Shudders.

 

"Sometimes I just don't get you, Jung." He narrowed his eyes at me before ordering the same thing I just did. "But sometimes I like the way you think." I didn't know what he meant, so I just shrugged.

 

I pulled out my math book. "In the meantime, let's get started." He rolled his eyes and moaned, but took out his pen and paper anyway.

 

 

 

Two hours and two empty bowls later, I closed the book with an exasperated sigh. "All right, we're done."

"Finally. My head hurts from trying to understand." Kyuhyun rolled his head back and closed his eyes.

"My head hurts from you yelling at me."

"Only because you started yelling at me!" His voice rose.

"You kept arguing with me and not doing what I was telling you!"

"You're teaching too agressively!"

 

"STOP, you two!!!!" The cook interuppted. "You've been fighting for the past two hours. If you don't calm down, I need to ask you to leave my shop." He said grouchily.

 

"Psh, fine. We were about to leave anyway." Raeha said, leaving money on the counter. I did the same, and we picked up our school bags and left.

 

 

"Lesson three: Be a gentleman. Take her home or whatever." I said, leading the way to my house.

"You know, the more time I spend with you, the more I think you aren't such an expert on dating.

"Pshhhh. What do you mean? I totally know my stuff."

He raised an eyebrow at me. "Jung, I've known you for like, ever. I don't think you've ever been on a real date."

 

GODDAMN THIS MAN. UGH. Just because I am single doesn't mean I know nothing about dating. I mean, I've watched enough romantic dramas to know how this stuff works. Theoretically.

 

"Jung, have you ever even been asked out?"

 

".... No."

 

"Aish, this was all a waste of time!" He yelled, exasperated.

 

"Sorry okay? I just wanted you and Seohyun to go well."

"Is that what I am to you? Some sort of matchmaking project?" he said, pissed.

 

"GODDAMMIT, CHO! Has it ever occured to you that maybe I actually consider you as a friend?? And that I would actually WANT to see you happy?? I've been trying to help you! And I'm sorry you seem to hate me so much because all you ever care about are grades! Don't you ever stop to consider that other people worry about you too?"

 

Oh my god. What did I just say? He was my friend? The guy who hated my guts, tried to piss me off almost all the time, was my friend?

But the more I thought about it, the more true it sounded.

 

We stood there, facing each other, both shocked by what I just said.

 

 

He broke the silence first. "I'm sorry." He said sincerely.

"Are you serious?" I said, incredulous.

"Yah, is it really surprising for me to apologize?" When he said that, a memory triggered in my head, and I started laughing.

 

Confused, he asked, "What's so funny?"

"Yah, that was my line, back when I actually tried to apologize to you!" I said in between gasps for air and laughter. Slowly, a smile broke out on his face. "Ah jinjja, you don't even take apologies seriously." he chuckled, and I laughed even more, clutching my stomach. Was it really that funny? I don't know. I just kept laughing.

 

"Okay, as an apology-slash-payment for the math thing, I'll treat you to something small."

I raised my brow. I shuffled away and pointed my fingers at him like a gun. "Who are you and what have you done with Cho Kyuhyun?!"

 

He laughed. Oh my god, Cho Kyuhyun actually laughed. This was a rare moment. "Relax, I won't even poison it or anything." he answered, adding jokingly, "Or at least, you won't know if I do."

"Aiish, you evil guy." I sneered. "Why the change of heart?"

 

"Well, the more I think about what you said, the more it seemed to make sense. So I guess, in a weird way, we are sorta friends..." he blushed and rubbed the back of his head. "And I guess, we're not all that different."

 

I nodded, understanding what he meant. I guess.

 

"Alright, so what are you treating me to?"

 

He looked thoughtful for a while.

 

 

"What's your favorite ice cream flavor?" He smiled.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


okay that was kinda bipolar lol IDK HAHAHA but i hope it was okay kekeke ^^