Final Step

2 Cups of Sugar

Ryeowook set the treat down and picked up the small paper and unrolled it. As he began reading the hand written note, an unnoticed tear silently slipped by, along with a soft smile.

All day it felt like my heart is broken
My stuffy heart is thumping on its own
Today without any coffee (like I really drink that much…)
I can’t sleep because of the thoughts of you in my mind

It is strange because…
I don’t see you as a friend…

It’s really strange because…
I’m awestruck by everything you do…
There is something about your movements…
You might not know it, but there is something special about you…

I believe know I love you
I will wait for you
Hurry and take my heart, I am loving you…

*Kind of cheesy right, Ryeowook? Anyways, I’ll keep to my word and wait for you… and your answer… so have a safe trip and come back soon.*

[A/N: This is G.NA’s song called Loving you. I just rearranged and edit it a bit to have it make sense]

Ryeowook smiled still holding the paper, he didn’t notice someone was watching. “Well, you’re all smiles, would you like to share?” his mother teased. Surprised with the sudden outburst, he turn to face the familiar voice hiding the piece of paper behind him. “It’s nothing, umma. Oh! Henry and his dad send their regards to you and appa.” he tried changing the subject.

“Mhmm… I get it! I get it! It’s top secret. Ryeowook exclusive!” she again placing a small kiss on his forehead. “If you really like him you shouldn‘t keep him waiting, especially if he went through all this just to send you a confession!” she told her son before slipping out of the room.

“Umma! You… how?!” Ryeowook asked surprised. “Mother intuition!” she called out, making the young boy laugh softly. He revealed the small note again taking one last glance at it before he folded it back up and placed it on top of his dresser.

~^~^~^Few weeks later!^~^~^~
Since the day Ryeowook left no one bothered to question Kyuhyun about the situation because they knew that it wouldn’t do them any good. “So…  What are you going to do?” Henry asked the other as they enjoyed their lunch break outside.

“What do you mean, Henry?” Kyuhyun asked paying no mind to the glare coming from the other. “About Ryeowook! Don’t tell me that you’ve moved on already!” From behind the two the back door swung open and out fell Leeteuk and the rest of the baking crew.

“You can’t be serious! How can you forget the precious Wookie!” Sunny asked.
“Didn’t you tell us you’ve had a crush on him for like ever?!” Sungmin exclaimed.

“Who are you seeing now?! Whomever they are Ryeowook is 10 times better!” Yesung commented after Sungmin.

“It’s only been six weeks, and you’ve forgotten our sweet baby?!” Leeteuk pleaded jumping on Yesung’s back.

They continued the random questions and assumptions before Kyuhyun had enough. “Oh my gawd! Please calm down! You guys are acting like it’s the end of the world if I don’t get with Ryeowook. I don’t how many more times I have to say it, but don’t worry about it!” he scoffed and walked back inside the bakery.

“How can he be so mean?! Ryeowook comes back in a few days…” Tiffany pouted. They all looked at each other, “Well, he doesn’t know that Ryeowook’s coming back…” Kang-In admitted. “I told him that Ryeowook wasn’t coming back since he was so hurt from what happened.”

“So it’s your fault!” Leeteuk yelled at the other smacking him on the side of his head. “Now he thinks Wookie isn’t coming back and has forgotten him! Ugh, You!!! You’re sleeping on the couch tonight!” the manager fumed and turned away from the other.

“Unless, we convince Kyuhyun that Ryeowook is coming back.” Mr. Lau commented. “Henry!” he called his son.

“Yea dad?” he answered back raising a brow to the other. “Think of something to convince Kyu that Ryeowook is coming back! Now that that is settled… Let’s get back to work!” and Mr. Lau disappeared into the bakery.

“A… Hey! What am I suppose to do?!” Henry stammered as everyone else filed into the small building. “Oh, you‘ll think of something!” Tae Yeon encouraged. “Yea, thanks…” he response going unheard as he let out a sigh. “Alright Henry! Ryeowook is coming back soon, and you need to convince that stubborn headed Kyu to not move on…” he reassured himself.

They locked up for the day and started going separate ways. Henry walked along side Kyuhyun accompanying him to his car. “Kyu…” he started and looked at the other. “You guys really at trying to hide something, You know keeping secrets and surprises work out better when you don’t yell things out loud.” he said with a smirk.

Henry gawked at him jaw dropped for a few minutes before it turned into a satisfied smile. “You never cease to amaze me, Kyuhyun. So now that it’s not really a secret. What are  you going to do?” But before Kyuhyun could answer Henry just raised his hand to stop him from speaking, “You know what, never mind. I already know the answer.” he chuckled and lightly punched the other’s arm. “Good luck to you Kyuhyun.” he told the other before walking away. “I’ll need your help though.”

Two weeks later Ryeowook and his family were greeted by Henry and his dad at the airport. “Welcome back!” Mr. Lau called out. “Hey, there!” Ryeowook’s father greeted back,

“Mochi!” Ryeowook called out and gave the other a tight hug. “I missed you so much! How are things?” he asked happily.

“They’re alright actually,” he told Ryeowook as he helped him with his bags. “How was your trip?” the two families made small talk on their way back to the Kim’s house. Henry followed Ryeowook to his room

“How is everyone back in the bakery?” Ryeowook asked, trying hard not to mention Kyuhyun. “Anything interesting happen while I was gone?” Henry just chuckled. “Nothing out of the ordinary, everyone is fine they’re excited to see you again.”

“I’m glad to be back… uhm… by chance does…” Ryeowook started to ask but was cut off by Henry’s quick tongue. “Hey, maybe I can convince Leeteuk to close up early, then we can have dinner with everyone and you can tell us about your trip!” Ryeowook gave a small sigh hiding his disappointment that he couldn‘t ask about Kyuhyun, “Yea, maybe…”

“Ryeowook honey! Henry!” Ryeowook’s mother called out. “It’s time for guys to head back now!” Henry helped Ryeowook with the rest of his things and went out before the other. Ryeowook grabbed the small note that he felt behind and carefully placed it in his back pocket.

“Ryeowookie!” Leeteuk and Sungmin both exclaimed loudly and full of excitement. “We missed you so much!” Sungmin told the latter as he hugged him tightly, and was soon joined by Leeteuk as well.

“Hey everyone. I missed all of you too… but please let go I can’t breathe!” he whined under everyone’s tight hold. The smaller was bombarded with questions, but ignored them as he looked around for a certain someone.

“He’s not working today.” Eunhyuk quietly said. Ryeowook just gave a small smile. “I wasn’t loo-” Leeteuk hugged Ryeowook once more. “Oh, my little Wookie! Let’s eat ok? I bet you’re starving!” he pulled Ryeowook and started walking away, followed by the rest. “Kang-In dear! Close the shop up ok?!” he called behind him.

“WHAT?! By myself?!” he yelled back appearing from behind the door. Ryeowook and Leeteuk gave him a sweet pleading smile that no one could turn down. “Fine, fine! Just save me a spot too!” he went back inside and locked the door. Kyuhyun just smiled as he watched the others walk away with Ryeowook through the back window. “ So you know what to do right?” he asked Kang-In who in turn gave him a thumbs up. “Yea, I got you."

~*~*~
Kyuhyun made it to the coffee shop where he and Ryeowook had their ‘date’. “Excuse me, ma’am!” the young lady appeared behind the counter and he began to whisper something in her ear. “If you could that will be more than helpful.” She gave him a sweet smile. “Good luck, hon!”

After his stop there Kyuhyun continued to one last place. Full of confidence he walked into the familiar building and greeted the secretary at the desk. “Excuse me… I have a favor to ask…”

~(_**_)~
The catch up dinner with Ryeowook came to an end, the small party made their way back to the bakery. “My my, what a wonderful adventure! We should plan a trip there one day!” Sunny rejoiced as they came to a stop.

“I highly recommend it.” Ryeowook said with a smile, causing the group to laugh lightly.

“Anyways we best be on our way, we still have to open up tomorrow! You’re ok with coming back to work tomorrow, right Wookie?” Leeteuk asked full of sweet hopeful smiles.

“Of coarse I’ll be there bright and early just for you!” he shown his own sweet smile. “I should get going now. Good night everyone!” Ryeowook followed close behind Henry and slipped into the passenger seat when they reached the parked car. “It’s good to be back Mochi, I honestly can’t wait to get back to work…”

“Riigghhtt… you just want to see Kyuhyun again, he’s pretty much the only one you haven’t seen yet.” Henry teased his elder only to be smacked on the side of his head. “I-I do not! I just miss being with everyone!” he boldly stated before huffing out a puff of air. Henry just laughed and continued to tease the other the whole way home.

~(^*^)~
The next morning Ryeowook walked over to the bakery full of smiles. He pushed the back door open. “Good morning!” he called out and was greeted back.

“Morning Wookie!” they called out as he made his way to the back where the lockers were. He opened the small locker and noticed that there was a small bouquet of white lilies.

“Ryeowook! I have a favor to ask of you!” Kang-In called out to the other breaking his daze on the small bunch of flowers.

“Y-yes Kang-In?” he answered quietly. Kang-In patted the other’s back lightly. “There’s a coffee shop down the street. You know the one along the river?” Ryeowook nodded. “what about it?”

“They called in for a delivery and we need you to take it there. I’d take it myself but I have a lot to do! Can you do this for me?” Kang-In asked in a pleading tone hoping that it would convince the other. Ryeowook just nodded in agreement. “Sure, I’ll do it. Where’s the package?”

Kang-In disappeared up front and gave everyone a thumbs up, before grabbing a small bag full of small boxes. “Make sure the lady who called in the order gets these personally, ok?” Ryeowook nodded and left.

“Oh I hope this works!” the three girls squealed together, and the other’s couldn’t agree more.

Ryeowook walked along the side walk and soon spotted the small café. Instantly a smile was brought to his face when he remembered the time he spent here with Kyuhyun. ‘I wonder how he’s doing…’

Once in the shop Ryeowook had to wait behind a tall boy who looked like a student. His eyes wondered around until he heard the lady behind the counter greet him. “Hello, what can I do for you today, hon?”

“Oh! Hello! I work at the ‘Sweet Bee’ bakery and someone phoned in an order for delivery.” before he could say more, the lady at the counter cut him off. “Oh! That was me! I placed and order for fourteen mixed berry tarts!” Ryeowook smiled and handed her the bag as she took she made a sudden worried outburst.

“Oh no! That student who was just in here must have forgotten his text book! Poor kid, maybe I should take it over there myself.” she gave out a small sigh and stood up from her spot. Ryeowook picked up the book from the counter before the coffee employee could. “I’ll take it, you’re busy running the coffee shop. I don’t mind, I’m already out anyways.”

“Are you sure, hon? I don’t want you to get in any trouble,” she asked concerned, but Ryeowook just gave her a bright smile. “No, he won’t mind, please allow me!” the lady behind the counter just smiled in return. “Well, thank you, I’m sure they’ll be very happy to know that he didn’t lose the school’s book.”

Ryeowook walked out of the coffee shop and made his way towards the school. “I can’t believe I left my phone back at the bakery… Oh well. I’ll just have to tell Teukie what happened.” he sighed and walked passed the school’s gates. ‘My this brings back memories’ he thought to himself as he scanned the old surroundings of his old high school.

He made his way to the office and handed the book to the secretary behind her desk. “Excuse me, but someone seemed to have left this in the coffee shop not to far from here, I came to return it.” the secretary took the book and opened the cover. “Ah, such a forgetful student he is.” she laughed to herself. “Uhm do you think you can do me a favor. I know you’re probably busy, but this student is in the computer room down the hall, do you think you can deliver this to him? I know I’m asking to much but I’m actually busy trying to fix our computer files.”

Ryeowook took the book from the secretaries hands. “I don’t mind. May I have a visiting pass? I wouldn’t…” the secretary gave him a sweet smile. “Of coarse! Here you go.” she then handed him two piece of paper, “The student’s name should be written in the book.” she told him before sending him on his way.

Like he was told, Ryeowook made his way down the familiar halls and stood outside the computer room. ‘This brings back so many memories…’ he thought to himself as his mind replayed the many times he would stand outside these very doors just to watch his crush enjoy his games. He sighed once before pushing the doors open.

The roomwas semi-dark. He didn’t see a teacher or any students. He walked around quietly hoping not to startle anyone who may have been in there studying quietly. He walked around one of the desk and saw a single student sitting at a computer. “Hello?” he called out but the other didn’t answer. “Uhm… hello?” he called again but was still ignored. So Ryeowook did the next best thing and made his way to stand beside the other.

“Excuse me… I’m looking for…” he opened the book to search for the student’s name but instead he was caught by surprise.

Ryeowook…
Welcome back…


Ryeowook stared at the front page not noticing that the person who was at the computer was now in front of him. The student slowly closed the book, taking it out of Ryeowook’s hand placing it off to the side before taking a hold of Ryeowook‘s hands. Ryeowook slowly turned his gaze up and met eye to eye with Kyuhyun.

“I‘m sorry” he other spoke softly, but Ryeowook only looked at the other in confusion. “What for Kyuhyun?” he asked in return. Kyuhyun pulled Ryeowook closer and wrapped his arms around the small frame pulling him into a warm hug. “I’m sorry for what happened before…”

After Kyuhyun's apology Ryeowook figured out that he meant, and wrapped his arms around him too. “It’s ok Kyuhyun.” Kyuhyun released the Ryeowook from the small embrace and cupped his slightly tinted cheeks, pressing their foreheads together. “Is it really? You’re not mad at me anymore?”

Ryeowook gave him a surprised look, which then turned to a sweet smile. “Mad? Why would I be mad?” Kyuhyun laughed softly making the other pout a bit. “Well, you kind of stormed off and left for a few weeks… how can you say you weren’t mad?”

“B-but I was…” Ryeowook put a short distance between them as he tried explaining but was cut off by the other. “I’m only kidding, I know you went on a trip with your family. How was it?”

“Oh, it was… Hey! Wait, why did you have me come all the way here? Don’t try changing the subject!” he caught on, and scolded the other. Kyuhyun once again released a small laugh. “Ok, ok fine… I wanted to apologize for what happened… and to receive your answer to this…” he reached into his back pocket and pulled out the folded piece of paper.

Ryeowook just looked at the folded piece of paper in Kyuhyun’s hand. “You really did wait, didn’t you?” he asked in a soft tone. Kyuhyun smiled and gave him a small nod. “I said I would…”

 “So why here?” Kyuhyun bit his lower lip, “I thought that it be nice to confess to you in the place where I first fell for you…” he answered shyly. Ryeowook wrapped his arms around his neck pulling him closer so their foreheads were pressed against one another again. “So you were the guy who was always in here…”

“You knew?” Kyuhyun asked inching a bit closer.

“No, I had my assumptions.” Ryeowook replied feeling their lips slightly brush against one another.

“Oh my gawsh just kiss him already!” someone yelled forcing the two back away from one another, when they looked they saw Henry and all of the baking drew sitting in the computer room.

“How long have you been there?!” Kyuhyun shouted at the group of grinning bakers. “Since you d Wook’s .” Eunhyuk answered with a huge smile, making all but Kyuhyun laugh, instead he chased him out of the room.

After a while they left the school building just the two of them. “Sorry, I was hoping it be a little more… just us…” Kyuhyun sighed. “It was sweet to bring me here to confess Kyuhyun.” Kyuhyun stopped and grabbed Ryeowook’s small hand forcing him to stop. He pulled him closer so they were once again face to face. “Kyuhyun?”

“Shh…” he hushed Ryeowook from speaking and leaned forward into a sweet kiss. They stood there in their sweet kiss for a good few minutes when Kyuhyun pulled away, “I love you…” he smiled and placed two ear plugs in his and Ryeowook’s ears. “What are these for?” he pointed to the ear plugs. “Just wait for it… 3... 2... 1...” From the bushes there were loud over joyous squeals and screams.