Step Ten

2 Cups of Sugar

The next morning Kyuhyun has kept to himself and it began to worry everyone since they were convinced that he would make a move on Ryeowook.


“Kyuhyun what are you doing? I was pretty convinced that you wanted to make up with Ryeowook.” Shindong asked while he was mixing a batter together. Kyuhyun remained silent and continued working that way.

“Kyuhyun, please tell me you’re not giving up!” Leeteuk pushed passed Shindong with a pout. “Ryeowook is leaving at the end of the week and you haven’t made a move!” he pleaded even more to the other boy. Kyuhyun still remained quiet and continued working and made his way to further in the back room.

“Kyuhyun!!!” Leeteuk pleaded again only to be ignored again. “What’s going on?” Yesung asked as he brought back two empty trays. “Kyuhyun… he won’t say anything to anyone about his plans on winning back Wookie! I don’t even know if he still wants to be with him.” Leeteuk explained to Yesung,

After a few passing seconds Henry, Sungmin and Tae Yeon gathered around Leeteuk and company. “Teukie, what’s the matter?” Sungmin asked the pouting manager. Again Leeteuk explained to the rest what he thought was happening.

The small group were to deep caught in conversation to notice that Kyuhyun was standing right behind them. “You know… it’s rude to talk about people behind their backs.”

“AH! Kyuhyun!” they all exclaimed. “well, explain…” he pressed on, “Wh-what? Why don’t you explain why you’re not going after Ryeowook?! He’s leaving at the end of the week are you aware of that?!” Tae Yeon nearly screamed at the other.

Kyuhyun just smiled, and walked passed the small group, “Don’t worry about it ok?” stated with a mischievous smile. “Yah! Kyuhyun!” they all called after him, but were all ignored.

Ryeowook was sitting in the bakery’s office watching through the glass window as his fellow co-workers were working. His gaze fell on a particular someone who he happened to notice have been keeping to himself. ‘Kyuhyun…’

“You’re leaving soon aren’t you?” Henry asked as he shut the door behind him. Ryeowook turned towards his cousin then turned back to admire Kyuhyun once again. “You know, I bet if you were to go and actually talk to him, then maybe things could get better… Just saying…” Henry pointed out to the other.

“Henry, how could I just go up and talk to him after it was Kyuhyun who hurt me?” Ryeowook asked with sorrowful eyes. Henry just wrapped an arm over his shoulder. “Oh Wookie…” Henry pulled the other so he’d lay his head on his shoulder.

~^*^~^*^~
It was still early that night so Kyuhyun went home and sat on his couch with a pen and paper in hand. ‘Ok, Kyuhyun… you have to think romantic…’ He sat in the quiet living room and thought hard. He leaned his head back heaving out a great big sigh. ‘think of something…’ he told himself. His thoughts brought him back to the day when Roxanne screwed everything up, he glanced over to his goldfish who was doing what he did best just floating and bubble blowing, “You know since that day with Roxanne, it felt like all day my heart is bro-…” he stopped mid sentence and wrote that down… From then on he began to recite to his goldfish what he had in mind.

“Heh, you know you’re a great listener…” he told his fish before turning out the lights and heading out. “I’ll be back soon.” What surprised him was the someone who stood outside his door. “Kyuhyun, what are you playing at?” Henry questioned his best buddy. “Henry, do you trust me?” he plainly stated, but the other just remained quiet for a bit, “you’re my best friend so you know I do…”

As Kyuhyun tried to walked pass the other, Henry grabbed his arm and gave him a smile, “we’re all seeing Ryeowook off on Saturday, so you better be there.” Kyuhyun smiled back and just nodded. “I will…”

Henry then let him go and followed behind him. “Whatever it is you’re planning Kyuhyun, I look forward to it!” he told the other. “You and everyone else Henry.” he looked over his shoulder and spotted his fellow co-workers, he smiled and they all came out of hiding. “Didn’t I tell you that you guys at spying?” he told the small group with a hint of evil in his voice.

“Well it was worth a try…” Yesung stated rubbing the back of his head. “Anyways, we’re behind you all the way Kyuhyun!” Kang-In playfully smacked Kyuhyun’s back, causing him to slightly wince in pain.

“When will you…” Sunny started to ask, but Kyuhyun raised his hand to silence the girl, “I’ll do it when I’m 100% sure I know what I’m really doing, so please give me time.” Mr. Lau let out a hearty laugh, “Well, like Kang-In said, we’re going to support you through this all the way!”

Kyuhyun nodded and walked towards his car, “Thanks, anyways I have some things to take care of. I’ll see you all on Saturday if not before then.” he called out and slipped into his car and drove away. The small group just watched as he disappeared. “What do you think Kyu plans on doing?” Tiffany asked.

“Who knows! All we can do is wait and see!” Eunhyuk threw his arms in the air stretching. “And wish him the best of luck!”

“Kyuhyun! Hwaiting!” they all called out before going separate ways.

Ryeowook was sitting in his room packing his things for his trip when Henry walked in. “knock knock!” he called out and Ryeowook turn to face the other. “Hey Mochi! Where have you been?”he questioned.

“Oh, just out, are you all ready to go?” Ryeowook only nodded slightly, “Yeah… I’m sorry for leaving earlier than normal…” Henry just chuckled lightly and hugged his cousin, “No worries! But do give my regards to your parents.”

That night Ryeowook layed in bed fully awake. He looked out the window and his thoughts were filled with images of Kyuhyun. “Will you even miss me?” he didn’t notice he was silently crying until a tear fell from his eye, which caught him completely by surprise. “Oh, Ryeowook… don’t kid yourself… Kyuhyun…” he sighed and shut his eyes trying to fall asleep.

The days flew by and it was already the day for Ryeowook’s departure. The bakery was closed for such an important day. Everyone was there even Kyuhyun who caught Ryeowook by surprise.

“Oh, Wookie! Be careful ok?” Sungmin hugged the shorter boy first who was then bombarded with warm hugs, all except from Kyuhyun. Once released, Ryeowook made his way to Kyuhyun “Take care of yourself ok?” he held out his hand wait for Kyuhyun to shake with him, but instead, Kyuhyun grabbed Ryeowook gently by the wrist and pulled him into a tight hug. “Take care of yourself too, ok?”

He released the other and stepped back with a small smile on his face, Ryeowook couldn’t help but smile back. “Ryeowook it’s time to go!” Mr. Lau called out. Ryeowook bowed and made his way to his designated loading area.

Once Ryeowook was out of sight, everyone’s gaze turn to Kyuhyun who was smiling. “You’re scaring me! Eunhyuk pouted, “He’s right you know! Ever since you heard that Ryeowook was leaving you’ve done nothing but smile like an idiot! What are you hiding? Did you plan on this from the beginning?!” Sungmin asked full of curiosity.

Kyuhyun continued to smile, “Try not to worry about it.”

~**~**~
Ryeowook arrived at his parents home in due time. “Oh Wookie! It’s good to have you home, now unpack what you don’t need,” his mother instructed while she was busy packing her own things for herself and her husband. “We’re leaving first thing in the morning tomorrow so rest up.” He nodded and went into his old bedroom, which remained the same since his childhood days. After scanning his untouched room. Ryeowook opened his bag and found a small packaged box that they would normally wrap their pastries in if someone ordered it to go. “I don’t remember anyone giving me a pastry box.” Carefully pulling it out,trying not to tip it over to much. He pulled the purple satin ribbon and opened it to reveal a small bunny cupcake with a rolled up piece of paper on top.