Chapter Six

Hiding from the Rain

“Don’t you think it’s a little suspicious how well Hoya’s drama is doing?” Woohyun spoke up after the group finished watching an episode of Reply 1997.

 

The rest of Infinite looked at the singer like he grew an extra few heads, and naturally their leader was the first to speak up, “What are you talking about? How is a good drama doing well suspicious?”

 

“No, not like the drama, but Hoya,” Woohyun looked over at the rapper, “Are you secretly gay without telling us?”

 

Hoya rolled his eyes, leave it to Woohyun to be completely crazy and off base about everything. “What do you think, Woohyun? Do I seem like I’m gay to you?”

 

Woohyun shrugged, “No, you’re too manly I think. Not as, what’s the word? Oh! Flamboyant as a gay guy.”

 

“Oh my goodness you’re so stupid.” Myungsoo, who had been watching from the sidelines next to Sunggyu, grabbed a pillow and threw it at the singer’s head. “Is that what you imagine a gay guy to be like? Not all people pop out of a tv show. Most are pretty normal.”

 

“Just ignore his stupidity,” Sunggyu pulled Myungsoo closer and rested the younger’s head on his shoulder, “Not everyone can be smart or else there would be no smart people.”

 

“Hyung!” Woohyun whined and tried to cuddle up on Sunggyu’s free side, but the leader pushed him away. “But Hyung!”

 

“No, go away,” Myungsoo cuddled into Sunggyu more, smirking at Woohyun. The older singer loved to cuddle up into their leader and loved to brag about he was Sunggyu’s favorite. So Myungsoo was enjoying teasing the older at the moment. “We don’t want you.”

 

As Hoya watched the two bicker over their leader, he pouted. Usually after an episode everyone would compliment Hoya on what a great job he did, but then they’d go out of the room and do their thing while he and Sunggyu had a serious talk about how the episode was and any questions Hoya had for the next time he had to go to Busan to film. But right now, Myungsoo and Woohyun’s bickering kept the group in the room, and Sunggyu occupied with them.

 

“But Gyu!” Woohyun practically jumped onto the leader’s lap. “Love me, too.”

 

“He doesn’t care about you.” Myungsoo pushed Woohyun onto the floor.

 

“You two should really stop fighting.” Hoya found himself saying as he jumped off the couch and onto Sunggyu’s lap, “You’re both no competition for me.”

 

Sunggyu looked just as surprised as Hoya felt. Usually he wasn’t the playful bickering type, this was probably only the second or third time he engaged in this type of activity. In Infinite the playful bickering was taken care of by Woohyun, Sungyeol, and Sungjong with Myungsoo occasionally joining in. But for Hoya to do it, it was just strange.

 

But the other members seemed to think it was hilarious and burst into laughter.

 

“Aw, someone has been missing his leader since he’s been filming so far away,” Sungyeol laughed.

 

“Oh, did you miss me?” Sunggyu looked down at Hoya and smiled brightly.

 

The dancer nodded his head immediately in response. He actually wasn’t sure what possessed him to do it, maybe the fact that after the show was his time with the leader or something inside told him that he didn’t want those two all over Sunggyu like that. Either way he just blushed and hid his face in the older’s chest.

 

Myungsoo poked Hoya in the side, “Why are you disrupting my pillow? I was comfortable.”

 

“Because he likes me better.” Hoya’s voice was muffled from the chest in front of him.

 

“I’m hungry,” The youngest had been quiet all throughout the episode, but now suddenly spoke up.

 

“Me too.” Woohyun suddenly decided, “Let’s go to the kitchen, I’ll make you something.”

 

“No, don’t leave,” Sungyeol pouted, “Dongwoo said when people start leaving he’s gonna drag me down to the practice room and make me dance.”

 

“You know, Myung, it wouldn’t hurt you to come with us.” Dongwoo pointed out.

 

Infinite’s visual lifted his head from Sunggyu’s shoulder, “What’s that supposed to mean? I’m perfect.”

 

“Oh yeah?” Dongwoo rolled his eyes, “Prove it.”

 

Myungsoo instantly jumped up, “Alright I will.”

 

Seconds later, only Sunggyu remained in the room with Hoya curled up into a ball on the leader’s lap.

 

“Care to explain what that was about?” Sunggyu began to run his fingers through Hoya’s hair as he used his free hand to flip through the channels.

 

Hoya shrugged, but let himself relax. He hadn’t had someone run their fingers through his hair since his mom did it when he was little. It was amazing how good it felt.

 

“Well I think this episode was your best yet.”  Sunggyu sounded like a proud parent almost. “You really look like you could be in love with him.”

 

“I’m not!” Hoya sprung up, almost hitting the leader in the nose with the back of his head.

 

Sunggyu raised an eyebrow at Hoya, “Obviously you’re not. He’s a fictional character, it would be like being in love with Pororo. But it really looks like your character is in love with that character. It’s a compliment to your acting.”

 

“Oh, I know that.” Hoya went back to relaxing, not caring that this was probably the first time he ever sat in Sunggyu’s lap like this. “I’m just kind of sleepy and out of it.”

 

“Aw my cute little baby.” Sunggyu chuckled, “Has filming been hard?”

 

“I think the hardest part is just the traveling.” Hoya admitted. “You’ve given me everything I need to feel the emotions, but the traveling takes so much energy out of me because I’m stressing about everything. I get worried I won’t know my lines at the same time I worried you guys will need me but I won’t be there.”

 

“You just worry about your acting, I’ll take care of Infinite.” Sunggyu assured the younger. “I’ll make sure nothing goes wrong until you come back.”

 

Hoya relaxed and closed his eyes, seeming to agree with Sunggyu. However, truthfully in his mind it wasn’t all of Infinite he was worried about, it was Sunggyu. Having to put up with the childish members always made Hoya worried when he left because he couldn’t be there to protect the leader. And whenever he was in Busan, he was constantly texting the members to check in so he could tell if they were causing trouble. Luckily, so far they had been pretty good without Hoya there to secretly keep them in line, but that never stopped the dancer from worrying.

 

The next thing he knew, he was asleep on the leader’s lap.