Chapter Twelve

Hiding from the Rain

Hoya was frustrated. For the past few days, he’d come home and find Sunggyu with everyone else. One second he’d be playing some phone game with Woohyun, and the second Hoya took a step towards them, Sunggyu was suddenly across the apartment, convincing Sungjong to go out to eat with him.

 

Part of the rapper assumed that it was all in his head and due to bad timing when he felt that Sunggyu was avoiding him. But when Dongwoo, the resident spacey member, made a comment about it, Hoya was sure that Sunggyu was ignoring him And Hoya refused to stand for it.

 

It took a lot of convincing, and some cash, to get the rest off the members to leave the apartment. Sungjong demanded enough money for a taxi and some drinks and dragged Dongwoo to a popular club in Gangnam. Myungsoo and Sungyeol demanded money for dinner, arcade, and a taxi. As for Woohyun, the cheesy guy demanded enough money to go shopping, eat dinner at an expensive restaurant with a friend and pay for drinks at a club he wanted to go to. But Hoya knew how much Woohyun loved to shop and that the slightly older would make him go bankrupt, so instead of giving him more money than Hoya had, the rapper called up Key from Shinee and convinced the diva to kidnap Woohyun.

 

Once they were gone, perfectly timed during Sunggyu’s evening shower, Hoya realized that he never planned how he was going to discuss this with Sunggyu. He could yell at the leader, but getting into a fight probably wouldn’t be great. But he didn’t want to be all emotional about it either.

 

“Hello?” Sunggyu suddenly called out as his head peaked out of the bathroom. “Anyone home?”

 

“I think everyone else left for the night.” Hoya tried to act casual, sitting in front of the tv, but the fact that the screen was just black may have been a bit suspicious.

 

“Is that so?” Sunggyu looked around before sighing, “I guess I can call up one of my friends and go out for the night.”

 

Hoya jumped up to his feet, “Or you can stay here with me and we could – I don’t know – watch tv or something?”

 

Sunggyu looked over at the television and couldn’t suppress his chuckle, “Because this show is so interesting? Why are you just staring at a blank screen?”

 

The younger of the two of them began to pace in the room, not sure how he was supposed to handle all of this. What was he supposed to say?

 

“Hoya?” Sunggyu got confused, unaware of why the younger started to act up. “Are you okay?”

 

Hoya froze in his steps before turning towards Sunggyu, “No, I’m not. You’re ignoring me.”

 

“What?” Sunggyu tried to fake confusion, but both could tell that it was a lie. “No I’m not, what would make you think that?”

 

“The fact that any time I turn around you magically disappear.” Hoya didn’t mean to, but he was practically yelling at Sunggyu, “What is it about me that makes me so repulsive to you? Did I do something to offend you or did you just suddenly decide that you don’t like me?”

 

“Isn’t that what you wanted?” Sunggyu asked quietly. “Last time when, well, we were close you seemed to hate me.”

 

“Hate you?” Hoya was now genuinely confused. “What would ever make you think that? You’re the one who’s been ignoring me?”


Sunggyu let out a hopeless sigh, “But last time when Myungsoo and Sungyeol interrupted and we were really close, and then you jumped away and ran away. I thought that you felt awkward because we were so close and – well – I’m a – you know.”

 

“Are you stupid?” Hoya asked before his brain caught up with his mouth. “I mean – you’re not stupid. That wasn’t what I meant. Just, well, I ran away because I was embarrassed.”

 

“Why? They wouldn’t have thought you were gay.” Sunggyu pointed out. “They probably just thought we were messing around with each other.”

 

“I wouldn’t care if they thought I was gay.” Hoya shrugged, “It was just we were so close and-“ Hoya froze. He couldn’t continue his sentence. If he did, Sunggyu would know that at that moment in time, Hoya would have given anything just to close that small distance between their lips.

 

“And?” Sunggyu asked, wanting the rapper to finish.

Hoya looked towards the door, praying that someone would just walk through and interrupt their conversation, but his bribes had worked perfectly. No one would be home for hours. Which meant he was here, alone with Sunggyu, and no way out of this conversation.

 

“Hoya?” Sunggyu broke the silence when Hoya didn’t answer. “What were you trying to say?”

 

“I’m not even sure myself. I think I forgot.” Hoya lied. It was a bad lie, but for some reason that was all Hoya could come up with.

 

Sunggyu walked over to Hoya and placed his hand on the younger’s forehead. “Are you feeling okay? You look a little red.”

 

Hoya wanted to roll his eyes, since the only reason he was red was because Sunggyu was standing too close. It was the same feeling he got the last time the two of them were this close. “No, I’m fine.”

 

“Here, sit down.” Sunggyu pulled Hoya down to the couch. “Do you want some water or something? Maybe something to eat.”

 

“I’m fine, Hyung. I really am.” Hoya assured the older. “I’m just, well, I don’t really know.”

 

“Well if you don’t hate me and I don’t hate you, then let’s just relax, maybe watch some tv?” Sunggyu grabbed the remote and made himself comfortable on the couch.

 

“Sounds good to me.” Hoya snuggled himself into the couch, close enough to Sunggyu to feel his warmth but not so close that they were touching. “So what are we watching?”

 

“Whatever you want.”  Sunggyu passed the remote over to Hoya, who then just some interesting looking movie. He really didn’t care about what they watched, though, because now with everything settled, he just felt exhausted. He had been so worried he did something bad to Sunggyu that now that the problem was over, he just wanted to sleep.

 

Which is why only a few minutes into watching the movie, Hoya felt his head drift to Sunggyu’s shoulder as his eyes drifted closed.