Chapter One

Hiding from the Rain

 

“Howon. Oh Howon.” Sunggyu whispered in the younger’s ear, but the dancer stayed asleep. “Yah! Howon!”

 

“What?” Hoya immediately sat up and flailed his arms out. He then realized what just happened and turned to glare at his friend, “Why did you wake me up like that? And why do you always call me Howon? You know I don’t like that name.”

 

“I like that I’m the only one who can get away with calling you that.” Sunggyu smirked, “And I woke you up like that because you slept through me trying to be nice. So get your out of bed, you have a meeting to get to.”

 

“For what?” Hoya yawned and stretched out. He was never a good morning person, he was able to get up but not think straight until he had enough time to adjust to being awake.

 

Sunggyu shrugged, “That drama you auditioned for. I think you got the part.”

 

Suddenly Hoya could think clearly, and he couldn’t believe what he was hearing. “What? I got it?”

 

“I think so. If you didn’t then you wouldn’t have a meeting, right?” Sunggyu pointed out. “So look nice, they’ll want to see the best side of you.”

 

Hoya immediately jumped out of his bed and ran over to his closet, he had no clue what he was going to wear. What if they wanted to take pictures or something? Was he going to have time to fix his hair and put make up on? He couldn’t get his picture taken and look sloppy, that would look bad on both Infinite and his new drama.

 

“Why does Hoya look like he’s going to tear apart the closet?” Sungjong asked as he walked into the room. “You know, half of that stuff is mine so don’t wear it.”

 

“He won’t wear it, it won’t fit,” Sunggyu commented from his spot on Hoya’s bed where he made himself comfortable as he watched his friend stress. “He’s got a big meeting today so he has to look good. We think he got that drama part.”

 

“Really Hyung?” Sungjong was excited. It was always exciting when the members were able to branch out into different areas of entertainment. “That’s great!”

 

“It won’t be if I can’t find anything to wear.” Hoya muttered under his breath.

 

“You look great in anything.” Sunggyu commented. “Just dress casually, I doubt it’s going to be in front of any cameras.”

 

“But you said I had to look nice.” Hoya pouted and turned to the leader.

 

But Sunggyu just laughed, “It’s fun to freak you out.”

 

“He’s right,” Sungjong nodded, “It’s a lot of fun actually.”

 

“Ha ha very funny.” Hoya rolled his eyes and took a deep breath. “I am going to get you back for this Kim Sunggyu.”

 

“Just try.” The older smirked before standing up and yawning, “Well I have nothing to do, so I’m going to sleep. Text me when you know if you got the part for sure.”

 

“I will.” Hoya nodded. He wouldn’t dream of telling anyone else first because he chose this part for Sunggyu. Even though his label wanted him to try out for the main role, he wanted the supporting role so much more. He wanted to get the role of a boy who likes other boys.

 

A few days after the incident at the playground in the rain, Hoya and Sunggyu were able to sneak out at night and Hoya reminded the older of the secret he was supposed to tell. It took a while, but Sunggyu finally managed to mutter that he was gay. Hoya reacted badly at first, he had jumped up and just walked away, mad that his best friend hid such a big secret. And even if he wasn’t proud of himself, he knew a part of him was disgusted back then. Boys were supposed to like girls, it’s the way he was raised, heck it was the way Sunggyu had been raised too.

 

But then he remembered his best friend, the boy who worked his off to rise to the top. The same boy who helped Hoya sneak out for real food when they were only given diet food, helped him practice his singing when he felt he couldn’t sing well enough, and the same person who held Hoya when he cried from being homesick. Sunggyu wasn’t disgusting.

 

He didn’t return to Sunggyu that night, he needed time to think about everything. But in the morning when he saw the older, he flashed him a big smile and the topic was never brought up again. They did talk about girls Hoya thought were cute or how nice it must be to be in a relationship, but Hoya couldn’t bring himself to ask Sunggyu about boys he liked or dated. As more and more time went on Hoya became more and more understanding, but they had spent so long not talking about it that it was normal for them.

 

So when Hoya was given the script for the show and saw that one of the main characters was gay, he suddenly felt compelled to play that part. He wanted to show Sunggyu that he was okay with that life style and that they maybe could start talking about boys Sunggyu liked or if the older had a boyfriend. He was going to use this role to truly understand what it’d be like to be gay.

 

“Yah! Nam Woohyun! That’s not for you!” Hoya could hear Sunggyu’s shouting from the kitchen.


Curious, Hoya gave up on looking for clothes and walked over to the kitchen.

 

He froze when he saw Woohyun hugging Infinite’s leader from behind and rubbing his greasy nose in the older’s shoulder.

 

“What are you doing?” Hoya was stunned. Sure everyone saw the two do skinship, but never had it looked so intimate.

 

“Sunggyu won’t give me a pancake.” Woohyun pouted, not letting go of the older.

 

“I told you,” Sunggyu muttered quietly, his cheeks were slightly red. “They’re for Hoya, not for you.”

 

“Really?” Hoya’s face lit up. “Thanks, Hyung!”

 

Immediately the dancer sat down at the table and began to eat, pushing Woohyun away by the face. He wasn’t going to let the singer get his food when Sunggyu made it specifically for him.

 

“Sunggyu.” Woohyun whined, “Why don’t I get any?”

 

“You have the morning off, you have time to make your own,” Sunggyu laughed and ruffled the younger’s hair. “And it’s Sunggyu Hyung to you. Why do you never call me Hyung?”

 

“Because you’re my Gyu!” Woohyun hugged him again, trying to use his charm to get the leader to make more pancakes.

 

“Ew so greasy,” Hoya shook his head at the slightly older boy’s attitude. “How do you plan on getting a girlfriend acting like that?’

 

“I attract everyone,” Woohyun stuck his tongue out at Hoya. “I can get anyone I want because I’m charming.”

 

“Only in your head.” Hoya laughed to himself before turning his attention to the pancakes. He only had a short amount of time before their manager would take him to the drama meeting.

 

And when the manager did show up, Sunggyu looked more nervous than Hoya. “Ah I wish I could go with you. Just be yourself, you’re great and everyone there will love you. And if you didn’t get it, that’s okay. We’ll love you just the same and we’ll be here with you until you do get a role.”

 

“Thanks, Hyung.” Hoya gave Sunggyu a quick hug before following the manager out of the dorm. He was getting more and more nervous though, he just had to get the part. He was going to show Sunggyu that he understood and that they could talk about things if the older wanted to. He wanted this role more than anything at the moment, he just hoped he got it.