Chapter Fourteen

Hiding from the Rain

“You changed?” Sunggyu raised an eyebrow at Hoya’s weird behavior. “Like clothes?”

 

Hoya shook his head, a small voice in the back of his head reminding him he hadn’t even changed clothes when he woke up in the morning. “No. Uh, I just mean that, well, I’m different.”

 

When his words cut off again, Sunggyu chuckled, “Different from me?”

 

“Actually kind of similar.” Hoya chuckled to himself.

 

“Hoya, we have to get ready for work. If you’re gonna tell me something, tell me now.” Sunggyu looked as if he had enough of this weird, stuttering thing. Now he was starting to get annoyed.

 

Hoya took a deep breath to calm his nerves. He never meant to annoy the leader, he just didn’t know how to express himself with words too well. Luckily for him, Myungsoo could sense what was going on. “Hyung, go easy on Hoya. He’s trying to tell you something really really important.” The visual then turned to Hoya, “Just take a deep breath and admit it. You’ll feel better once you do.”

 

Never before had Hoya felt so thankful for Myungsoo. The younger was kind of a brat, kind of hyper yet kind of moody, but he was a really good friend. Hoya thought he was even better when he quietly left the room and pulled Sungyeol – who Hoya hadn’t even noticed – out of the room.

 

“Well Hoya?” Sunggyu asked once they were gone.

 

“You-“ Hoya took another deep breath. “Do you remember the playground?”

 

Sunggyu looked put off for a second, but then just nodded, “Of course.”

 

“Do you remember that day when it started to rain and we had to huddle under the playground?”

 

The leader of Infinite cracked a smile, “Yeah, of course I do. That kid called us beggars.”

 

Hoya smiled back at him, “Yeah, that day. But I was thinking more about what we talked about after that. I had asked you if you were ever afraid because I was doubting everything. Plus the thought of fans watching my every move scared me back then – heck, it still kind of scares me now. People can be mean.”

 

“They can.” Sunggyu sat down on the couch and patted the seat next to him. “But what’s this about? Do you have people stalking you?”

 

“No, it’s not that.” Hoya said as he sat down next to his leader. “It’s just, I’ve always been afraid of what other people will say or what they’ll think. Even before I was an idol, I always wanted to appear strong and confident and someone that even strangers approved of. But now, I think I’m going to do the biggest thing I can do in my life to make all those strangers disapprove.”

 

“What are you even talking about?” Sunggyu was more confused now than ever.

 

“When I was afraid, you told me not to think so much, that I should just dance. And I should have remembered that advice when my mind started to have all these thoughts. Everyone else I talk to seems to agree that I really just need to ignore what everyone else thinks and finally do something that I want because it makes me happy.” Hoya was rambling and looking at the floor. He felt too embarrassed to say all this while looking at Sunggyu.

 

Even though it looked like the younger was having a big break through, it kind of annoyed Sunggyu that he had no clue what the rapper was talking about. So he grabbed Hoya’s face and turned it so that the two were looking directly at each other. “Howon, what are you trying to say?”

 

Without a second thought, Hoya closed the distance between them and kissed the leader. Sunggyu’s face was just so close that he couldn’t resist. The leader’s lips were slightly chapped and completely frozen, yet Hoya didn’t care because they were Sunggyu’s lips. That meant they were the sweetest thing he had ever tasted.

 

After a few seconds of being in shock, Sunggyu pulled away with wide eyes. “W-what are you doing?”

 

“I’m making me happy.” Hoya smiled, he felt extremely happy. A part of him even felt like giggling, but he stopped himself from making a complete fool of himself. “For the last month or so, you’ve been on my mind. I’ve asked a handful of people and everyone’s just repeating the advice you gave me that day, but I was too stupid to listen. When I was down in Busan, if I wasn’t thinking about my lines, I was thinking about you. I don’t know why I haven’t realized it before, but, I like you.”

 

“You like me?” Sunggyu was still in shock. “But you’re not even gay. When I told you I was gay, you ran away.”

 

Hoya put his head down in shame, “I know. I was stupid back then. Now I don’t know what label I fall under, I don’t know if I’m gay or bi or whatever, I just know that I like you. When you’re around me, my heart rate speeds up. And when you’re not around, I just sit there wishing you were. Now, I know that there’s a good chance that you don’t like me because you said you didn’t like anyone right now when I asked.”

 

“You really like me?” Sunggyu’s face was unreadable. When Hoya looked at him, the older looked like he was in a state of disbelief and not quite angry, but upset that Hoya would pull a trick like this.

 

“I’m not lying to you, Hyung. Ask Myungsoo or Sungyeol or even Inguk, they all know. Well, Inguk may not know who I liked, but I pulled one of those really bad ‘so my friend likes this guy’ stories that was obviously just me asking for advice.” Hoya didn’t want Sunggyu to doubt him. And now the more he thought about it, Hoya could see why. Maybe if he had eased into it first then it wouldn’t have freaked out Sunggyu.

 

Finally, Sunggyu’s face broke out into a smile, “You like me? You like me.”

 

“So it’s good?” Hoya felt like an idiot for asking, but he wasn’t sure how to interpret Sunggyu’s mood.

 

Sunggyu quickly brought his lips to Hoya’s, and quickly pulled away. “I like you, too. I have for a long time, too long.”

 

"Then I think you should kiss me right now." Hoya felt a wave of relief followed by excitement. For once, he was going to let himself be happy, no matter what anyone else thought. Well, anyone besides Sunggyu because if Sunggyu was happy, then Hoya was happy, too.

 

 

 

 

all done~ yay! i know i end stories at odd places i may write a little epilogue to go along with it, but it would probably just be a little slice of life thing like them telling all the members or something like that. Not sure yet. we'll see. 

But i am looking into a new fic now...maybe MyungYeol or WooGyu or even JongHo. Not sure yet, we'll see...wish me luck^^

and a big thank you to everyone who read this! I'm sorry it took so long to finish, but i hope you enjoyed it!!!