Epilogue

Hiding from the Rain

“Are you sure about this?” Sunggyu held the younger man’s hand to prevent him from moving towards the door. “Maybe we should wait a little bit longer.”

 

“Because four months isn’t long enough?” Hoya pouted, but didn’t fight against the older’s hold. For the past four months the two had been sneaking around, hiding in dark corners and on the roof top late at night, despite the cold, in order to hide their relationship from the other members.  Even though Hoya was sure that Myungsoo and Sungyeol knew everything about their relationship, Sunggyu insisted that Hoya shouldn’t tell them, just in case. However, Hoya loved the other members like brothers and wanted to tell them, badly. The two were going to spend most of their relationship hiding their love from the world,, so Hoya wanted to at least be able show his affection for the man he loved while at home.

 

“Maybe we should just wait another month or two?” Sunggyu pouted. After these four months, even though he thought his pout was awkward, the singer learned that Hoya was quite weak to it.

 

But Hoya had been preparing for this ever since they had this same conversation a month prior. At that time, Hoya gave in with the hope that in a month’s time Sunggyu would be ready. “Hyung, what are you afraid of?”

 

“What if they don’t approve of us?” Sunggyu pointed out as if it was the most obvious answer ever.

 

‘I keep telling you, Hyung, Sungyeol and Myungsoo were practically dangling you in front of my face for months. And Sungjong gave me advice on the whole gay flirting thing.” Hoya pulled Sunggyu into a sitting position on the bed. “You don’t have to worry.”

 

“It’s different.” Sunggyu protested. “It’s one thing to see something outside the home, but when it’s around all the time, they’re gonna feel differently about it.”

 

“Hyung I know you’re scared, but-“ Suddenly Hoya had an idea, “But I’ll show you there’s nothing to be afraid of.”

 

As suddenly as his idea came to him, Hoya jumped off the bed and ran through the hall, banging on doors and calling for a group meeting.

 

After about five minutes, the members of Infinite were spread out in the leader’s room with Sunggyu, Woogyu and Dongsoo smashed on the leader’s bed, Sungjong taking up all of Sungyeol’s bed, and the lanky boy was left with curling on a corner of Myungsoo’s bed since the visual seemed to want to take up as much space as possible.

 

Hoya was standing in front of the three beds feeling more nervous than he anticipated he’d feel when he told the members his secret. He knew he had a majority of Infinite on his side, but Woohyun and Dongwoo were wild cards. And when he thought about it more, Hoya wasn’t sure that Dongwoo would appreciate sharing a room with someone attracted to guys.

 

But it was now or never.

 

”I know you’re all busy and I won’t take long, I just needed to tell you all something very important. And before you have any rash reactions, I wanted to say that I have thought this through and besides my family and close friends, I won’t tell anyone because I don’t want to risk Infinite. But I thought it was only fair if you all knew that,” He took a deep breath, “I’m gay.”

 

“Wait, really?” Dongwoo’s eyes went wide, “Or wait- is this a trick? You almost had me, man.”

 

“It’s not a trick, hyung.” Hoya replied quietly, “It’s the truth. I’ve known it for a while now, I just couldn’t get the courage to tell all of you like this until now.”

 

Even though it was Dongwoo who spoke up first, Woohyun’s face had the most disbelieving look on it. “But you’re a guy. And we’re all guys. Have you been checking us out for the last few years without us knowing?”

 

Hoya sent a glare at the vocalist, “What do you think I am? Some kind of ert? Do you really think I’ve been hiding around the corner to check you out? You’re really not that great, Woohyun.”

 

“Hey! I’m very attractive thank you very much.” Woohyun defended himself while pouting. “Right, Sunggyu hyung?”

 

“What?” Sunggyu was still in a mild state of shock. His boyfriend was so brave to come out to the rest of the band.

 

“I’m attractive, right hyung?” Woohyun asked again.

 

This caused the leader to blush, “I guess. I don’t know though, I think Hoya’s more my type.”

 

The couple shared a brief, secretive smile with each other before Myungsoo kind of ruined everything, “Well obviously he’s your type, he’s your boyfriend.”


“What?” Dongwoo, Woohyun, and Sungjong all shouted together, looking between the vocalist and the rapper.

 

“Myungsoo!” Hoya walked over to him and smacked him lightly on the head. “You ruin everything.”

 

“What do you mean?” Myungsoo started to laugh, but stopped when he noticed the look of complete horror on Sunggyu’s face. “Hyung, what’s wrong?”

 

“I-you- I can’t believe you- you just-“ Sunggyu couldn’t make out a full sentence, so instead he got off his bed and ran out the door.

 

“Didn’t you think it was weird that only I was coming out?” Hoya raised his voice, “Sunggyu was too afraid of how everyone would react if he came out so I was showing him that you guys wouldn’t think any differently but now you just came out for him.”

 

With that said, Hoya ran out of the room to find his boyfriend. He tried looking through all the rooms, but the leader wasn’t in any. Instead he was standing out on the balcony, looking out at the busy streets that surrounded their dorm.

 

“You okay?” Hoya asked as he snuck up behind Sunggyu.

 

“How did he know?” Sunggyu asked quietly. He didn’t sound mad, he just sounded confused.

 

“Remember how I told you him and Sungyeol are part of the reason I was able to realize my feelings?” Hoya reminded Sunggyu as he wrapped his arms around the older from behind. “I guess they’ve seen how happy I’ve been and realized that the only reason I could ever be this happy is because I’m with you.”

 

Sunggyu leaned back comfortably against his boyfriend’s chest, “I guess that makes sense. I just can’t believe he just said it like that.”

 

“Why not?” Myungsoo’s familiar voice broke into their conversation. “It’s not like it’s that big of a deal. The only time we’ll have a problem is if one of you hurt the other. Because if you hurt Hoya, we’ll hunt you down. And if Hoya hurts you, he better run for the hills because we’ll skin him alive.”

 

Sunggyu and Hoya turned around and noticed the rest of Infinite standing in the doorway that led into the apartment.

 

“You don’t have to worry Sunggyu,” Woohyun, who was probably Sunggyu’s best friend in Infinite, said with a smile on his face. The fact that Woohyun was the one who said it definitely put Sunggyu’s mind at ease. “I mean, it was a big shock, and it still kind of is, but you’re still our Leader Gyu.”

 

“Yeah, no worries, hyung.” Sungjong jumped out onto the balcony to hug Sunggyu, “It’s like Myungsoo said, it’s not that big of a deal. Just no on the couch.”

 

“Jong!” Sunggyu laughed and pushed the youngest away, “Stop thinking like that.”

 

“Oh you mean you haven’t done it yet?” Sungjong asked with a mischievous smirk on his face.

 

“Jong!” Hoya wanted to pound the little guy in the face, but with the way everyone was laughing together at the couple’s embarrassment, he couldn’t bring himself to be mad. Instead he laughed along with everyone else, happy that no one reacted badly. But most of all, he was happy that now he could show his affection for Sunggyu in front of the people he cared about most in the world. "That's none of your business."

 

"And we'd appreciate if it stayed your business." Sungyeol retorted, "So no loud moans in the middle of the night-"

 

"Okay you two have to stop." Hoya said when he noticed how red Sunggyu's cheeks were turning.

 

"Yeah, I really don't want to know anything about their life and let's just leave it at that." Dongwoo was just as red as Sunggyu. "Let's just be happy that our two members found someone to love."

 

"Yeah," Hoya agreed with his fellow rapper. "Just be happy me and Sunggyu are in love and stop being such erts."