Chapter Four

Hiding from the Rain

Hoya stared at the clock, sighing when only a few minutes passed since the last time he looked at the clock. Right now Sunggyu was out with Woohyun on their little date. Dinner and a movie, a typical first date for someone in middle school, but apparently Woohyun thought it was a great idea and Sunggyu seemed to not really care a lot so that’s what they did. Though, in all honesty, Hoya wasn’t sure how it really counted as a date because the members would often go together to the movies or out to dinner. There was nothing that made this different than one of those nights.

 

Unless Woohyun lied about his plan and took Sunggyu somewhere romantic like a fancy French restaurant or a theme park. But Hoya doubted the greasy guy would go all out like that for Sunggyu. It wasn’t like the singer had any romantic feelings for the older, he just wanted to go out with a guy. So pretty much anyone with a could be on a date with Woohyun right now, that meant he probably wasn’t doing anything too spectacular for their leader.

 

“You know if you’re not going to watch the tv then you really should just turn it off. It’s wasting electricity.” Sungjong commented as he sat down on the couch next to Hoya. “What’s got you so distracted?”

 

“It’s nothing.” Hoya shrugged it off, turning his attention back to the television in front of him. “I thought you were going to sleep twenty minutes ago?”

 

The youngest shrugged, mimicking the way Hoya had done seconds before, “Couldn’t sleep. I got distracted thinking about Sunggyu and Woohyun. What if one of them comes back all in love with the other? Wouldn’t that be weird?”

 

Hoya glared at the younger, “Why? You know, guys who like guys are still guys too. If they came back gay then we shouldn’t judge them.”

 

Sungjong began to laugh, “Oh my gosh Hoya, you overreact so much. I wasn’t talking about if they’re gay, but what if they’re in love with each other? You make it sound like I’ve never met a gay guy before. Heck, look at me, you think I haven’t been hit on by a guy before? Tons of people think I’m gay, sometimes I feel like more people believe I’m gay than straight.”

 

“Really?” Hoya was surprised, he never heard of anyone hitting on the youngest, not even a girl. “You’ve been hit on by a guy? What was it like?”

 

The younger rolled his eyes, “It wasn’t much different than how I flirt with girls I think are cute. It’s not like they speak another language or something. It’s something simple like can I buy you a drink, y? Nothing out of the ordinary.”

 

Hoya felt like a new side of Sungjong was suddenly revealed. He never knew the younger had such an open mind to this kind of thing. “Have you ever flirted back?”

 

“No, because isn’t that like flirting with a girl you have absolutely no interest in? Sure they may be nice but it’s mean to lead them on.” Sungjong suddenly stole the remote from Hoya to flip through the channels casually.

 

The more the youngest talked, the more amazed Hoya became. Sungjong had always seemed a bit more understanding in all things, like how he hated Sunggyu’s nagging and would whine about it, but eventually everything Sunggyu asked for got done because Sungjong knew how hard their leader worked. Maybe Sunggyu would have been smarter all those years ago if he told Sungjong instead of Hoya. Maybe then the older would have someone he could confide in and talk comfortably with.

 

Hoya’s thoughts about Sungjong and guys liking guys suddenly stopped when the front door opened and Woohyun’s loud voice could be heard telling their leader to get some sleep.

 

But it seemed that the leader didn’t care and made his way over to the couch, somehow managing to snuggle into the small space between Hoya and Sungjong.”I’m hungry.”

 

“Didn’t you and Woohyun just go out to dinner and a movie?” Sungjong asked, quite confused.

 

Sunggyu nodded and gave a small yawn, “Yeah but we went to some fancy place with small portions and all I got was a salad because it seemed too expensive. It took me a while, but I remember Woohyun telling me about this place because girls who want to impress him like the small portions because girls don’t like to be seen eating apparently. Plus that was hours ago, now I’m hungry.”

 

“Come on Hyung,” Hoya stood up and yanked Sunggyu’s arm so the leader got up with him, “I’ll make you some ramen.”


Sunggyu hums appreciatively and lets the younger pull him into the kitchen. Quickly the leader hops onto the counter and sits and watches Hoya rush around the kitchen.

 

“So how was your date with Woohyun?” Hoya asks as he tries to find a clean pot. Sungyeol was supposed to do the dishes for the week since he lost rock, paper, scissors, but it seems like the choding blew it off.

 

“It was awkward.” Sunggyu chuckled. “He tried to do things to make it seem like a date like the stupid small salad restaurant or at the movies he tried to do that whole yawn and stretch deal to wrap an arm around me. And he’d open doors for me and just a bunch of little things made it feel like he was treating me like some fragile girl. After all, you know that type of innocent girl he’s been going for lately, I think he acted the same way with me that he did with them.”

 

Hoya silently thought about what Sunggyu was saying because, honestly, he was a little confused. In a relationship wasn’t there supposed to be a guy personality and a girl one? Like in gay couples wasn’t someone the big man and someone the smaller, more feminine man?

 

“What’s with that look?” Sunggyu immediately spotted the confusion on Hoya’s face.

 

“Isn’t there supposed to be a guy and a girl in a relationship?”

 

Sunggyu flat out laughed at this statement. “Wow Hoya, just wow. You’re telling me that if you were a guy you’d be okay with be treated like a helpless girl?”

 

“No, I’d be the guy.” Hoya stated smugly as he finally found a pot to make ramen.

 

“So you’d be okay with making your partner feel like a helpless little girl?” Sunggyu raised an eyebrow.

 

That shut Hoya up. “Oh. But then how does it work?”

 

“It depends on the couple because I guess some guys are like that. But you know this day in age there are girls who hate when guys do too much for them because they can open their own doors or carry their own bags and stuff.” Sunggyu pointed out. “But I like being in a relationship that goes back and forth. So taking turns paying for dates and just being more comfortable than sticking to typical gender stereotypes.”

 

“That sounds nice,” Hoya sighed, “It would save a lot of guys money if girls thought the same way.”

 

Sunggyu smirked, “That’s why I’m gay.”

 

“Speaking of guys liking guys and all that fun stuff, can you help me?” Hoya dropped the noodles into the boiling water. “I know what it’s like to have a crush, but only on a girl.”

 

“So how can I help?” Sunggyu asked.

 

Hoya wanted to flat out ask about Sunggyu liking a straight guy, but it seemed rather tactless to just go out and ask about it. So instead he asked, “Have you ever had a boyfriend?”

 

“No,” Sunggyu sighed, “I’ve been out on a few dates, but never anything serious. It’s hard, especially when they realize I’m an idol.”

 

“That doesn’t help the situation?” Hoya was surprised. Girls always wanted to date their idol, wouldn’t guys be the same way?

 

But the leader shook his head, “No, guys who like guys get stared at enough while just walking down the street holding hands or being overly touchy with another guy in public. Add getting stared at for being an idol as well and it’s too much pressure. It draws too much attention.”

 

Hoya suddenly felt really bad for his friend. It must have been really hard to even think about dating for the leader. Infinite had a really busy schedule with all their practices and performances and Sunggyu had even more because of his growing talent for variety shows. The older probably hadn’t been on a date in months, maybe even years.

 

“Hoya? Why are you making ramen this late?” Sungyeol groaned and walked into the room, effectively ending the conversation that had been going on. “I just did the dishes.”

 

“Yeah, and put them away in the wrong spot.” Hoya muttered under his breath and rolled his eyes.

 

“I heard that.” Sungyeol pouted before turning to Sunggyu, “So, did Woohyun turn you gay yet?”

 

Sunggyu and Hoya both had a good chuckle about that. “No, not yet, but there’s still plenty of time for that I guess.”

 

“If you guys adopt a baby you should name it Sungyeol."

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ahhh i'm sorry for how long this has taken to get out. i've been distracted with work and a stupid hedgehog and life in general and i know i was determined to put more chapters out but i didn't so this time i really really really mean it! i'll do my best to update more frequently!!!