Chapter Thirteen

Hiding from the Rain

Hoya woke up with feeling restless and uncomfortable. His neck was in pain and his eyes felt heavy even though the sun was up by now, signaling he slept for quite a while. Once his eyes fully opened though, he no longer felt the pain in his neck or the heaviness of his eyes. The only thing on his mind was how close Sunggyu was to him.

 

Vaguely he remembered sitting on the couch with Sunggyu just before falling asleep, but he was confused as to why Sunggyu just didn’t move him aside and go to bed, or why no one else had woken them up so they could sleep comfortably.

 

“I told them not to move you.” A voice interrupted Hoya’s thoughts.

 

After recovering from the shock of not knowing anyone was awake in the living room besides himself, Hoya turned and spotted Myungsoo sitting in the corner, flipping through a magazine. “What are you doing out here?”

 

“Waiting for you to wake up.” Myungsoo set the magazine down and looked straight up into Hoya’s eyes, “So when are you going to tell him?”

 

Hoya just shook his head. “What’s our schedule for today?”

 

“Is it him or you you’re worried about right now?” Myungsoo wasn’t going to let Hoya change the subject. “Because the whole you’re in love with him, you’re not, you are, you’re not thing is confusing him.”

 

“Not now, Myungsoo.” Hoya rubbed his face before turning to look at the sleeping man next to him. Sunggyu’s face was scrunched up, obviously the older was uncomfortable with his legs curled on the couch and his body awkwardly leaning against Hoya’s and his neck bent backwards so his head was on the couch behind him. “He’s gonna be sore.”

 

Myungsoo rolled his eyes as he watched Hoya carefully rearrange their leader so he was lying across the entire couch. Infinite’s visual wished he could understand what was running through the rapper’s head, but as always Hoya was quiet and mysterious. “You love him, right? I mean that night when me and Sungyeol walked in on you guys all close, you were red like a tomato.”

 

Hoya refused to say anything though. He wasn’t going to talk about his feelings for Sunggyu, not yet at least. Sure Sungyeol had talked about Sunggyu to him and Hoya even went as far as to ask a costar about advice when it came to dating guys, but connecting the two was just too much for Hoya. He hadn’t seriously dated anyone in forever, actually, he had never seriously dated anyone. But if he was going to start something with Sunggyu, it had to be serious.

 

“Howon?” Myungsoo tried to recall the older from his thoughts.

 

“It’s Hoya.” The older pointed out.

 

This caused Myungsoo to chuckle, “Not when it’s Sunggyu talking.”

 

Hoya sent a playful glare in Myungsoo’s direction, “Don’t you have somewhere to be?”

 

“Oh, you need some time to wake up your sleeping princess?”Myungsoo got up and left the room while chuckling, “Don’t take too long, the others are gonna wake up soon.”

 

Hoya let out a sigh and turned his attention to the boy on the couch once more.  Why did their leader have to be so adorable? Hoya had so much to figure out. First off he wasn’t sure if he wanted to date anyone at all since having to sneak around to avoid fans and paparazzi was a lot of stress. Secondly, how would the rest of Infinite react to the two of them cuddling on the couch or exchanging kisses in the morning? Sure Sungyeol and Myungsoo were trying to throw the two at each other, but how would the other three react? And finally, the biggest worry in Hoya’s mind was that all this was a phase. Even though the mere mention of the leader made his heart flutter, Hoya was afraid that one day, after his drama was over, he’d wake up and realize he just got his own thoughts muddled with his character’s thoughts.

 

“Hyung, what am I supposed to do?” Hoya lightly ran his fingers through Sunggyu’s hair before letting out a sigh and getting up. He quietly went to the kitchen where Myungsoo was making tea, “I’ll be back in a little bit, I just need to clear my mind.”

 

“Stop fighting yourself, Howon.” Myungsoo smirked knowingly.

 

“Stop telling me what to do, Myungsoo,” Hoya replied in the same manner before heading for the front door.

 

After taking a deep breath of fresh air the second he got outside, Hoya headed down the street, burying his face in his hood to try and hide from fans. He took a very familiar path down a few streets, a left after two blocks, and a right after that and then one last left. However, when he wound up at an arcade, he mentally slapped himself. They changed dorms a while ago, they no longer lived down the street from that park he and Sunggyu used to hide out at.

 

With a heavy sigh, Hoya leaned against the arcade. He just wanted a place where he could sit and think about everything like he used to when they lived in their first dorm. Maybe it was a sign that things have changed, after all, Hoya had changed since the days when he and Sunggyu used to run to the playground during lunch to eat some fried chicken. And he had definitely changed since the time he ran away when Sunggyu confessed his uality. And maybe, Hoya's own uality had not changed necessarily, but expanded. Despite just minutes earlier fearing that this was just a phase, Hoya realized his feelings were too strong for this to be something he’d get over in a few weeks. Even when he wanted to escape thoughts of Sunggyu, his heart led him down the path that was riddled with memories of Sunggyu despite that fact his beginning location had changed.

 

But most of all, Hoya liked to think he was a lot more brave than he was in the past. After all, he had gotten on the stage in countries he never thought he’d go to, he branched off on his own to star in a drama, and now, he was going to face his feelings head on.

 

With a wave of confidence, Hoya bounced off the wall and ran for the apartment. He didn’t care that he could hear the squeals of fangirls who recognized him or angry old men who he kind of ran into. He suddenly felt very determined – and no it had nothing to do with how much Myungsoo was bugging him earlier. Definitely not.

 

Once he reached the apartment, he practically threw himself towards the couch where he left Sunggyu, only to find it empty.

 

“Sunggyu hyung?” Hoya called out, not caring if his loud voice woke anyone up. “Hyung?”

 

“Why are you shouting so early in the morning?” Sunggyu came out of the bathroom with a big yawn.

 

Hoya froze. What was he supposed to say? What if Sunggyu didn’t even like him?

 

“Howon?” Sunggyu urged the younger to start speaking.

 

“I-I changed?” 

 

 

 

 

ahh please don't kill me~ I've been away for a long time getting my act together because i haven't been doing too hot in real life. However i have dedicated this weekend to fics, so hopefully this one will be updated tomorrow or monday and i will definitely update my other story and i'm thinking about doing some requests too. Wish me luck~!