Chapter Three

Hiding from the Rain

 

“Do you think Hoya’s secretly gay?” Woohyun asked one night while the subject of his question was out of the dorms, filming his new drama. It was Hoya’s first day shooting so that morning so the dancer had been quite nervous, and now that he was on set for a few hours, most of Infinite was sitting around the dorm being nervous for him. But it seemed Woohyun’s mind was somewhere else.

 

“What?” Sunggyu turned towards Woohyun with a look of pure confusion on his face. “What makes you think that?”

 

“Well he’s playing a gay guy on tv, maybe it’s his way to see how we’d react? Or maybe he’s so sick of hiding it that he wants to play it so he can say that he’s pretending in public when he’s really not?” Woohyun theorized.

 

Dongwoo, who was sitting next to the singer, leaned over and playfully smacked the back of his head. “Hoya’s not gay, he’s way too manly to be gay.”

 

Sunggyu rolled his eyes and muttered, “If all manly men are gay does that mean all the feminine guys are gay?”

 

Woohyun didn’t hear him, however, he was too busy coming up with more theories in his head. “Do you think one of us is gay? I mean, don’t they have those statistic things? Do you think that there’s one that says one in seven guys is secretly gay?”

 

“You’re stupid.” Myungsoo rolled his eyes. “Or is this your way of trying to come out of the closet?”

 

“Wh-uh-huh? No!” Woohyun stuttered, somewhat failing to defend himself.”Well-no. I’m not. But aren’t you guys curious?”

 

“Curious about what?” Sungjong asked as he walked into the room with Sungyeol following behind. “What are we talking about?”

 

“Woohyun likes boys.” Myungsoo answered.

 

“No! I like girls!” Woohyun glared at the younger. “But think about it. Have you guys ever wondered what it would be like to date a guy? Girls get so cranky and jealous and overreact a lot. Do you think gay guys do the same?”

 

This sent the group into a small silence as most of them debated whether what Woohyun was saying would be true. Girls were known for their ability to turn a mole hill into a mountain, maybe it would be easier to date a guy.

 

But as the rest of Infinite sat around talking, Sunggyu was beginning to feel really uncomfortable with the conversation. He felt like at any moment someone was going to accuse him of being gay, he would tell the truth, and everyone would be repulsed by him.

 

“Hyung!”

 

Sunggyu snapped to attention when Woohyun’s face clouded up his entire field of vision. “What do you want?”

 

“Didn’t you hear me, Hyung?” Woohyun pouted while the rest of the members were laughing in the background. “You know, maybe it is easier to date a girl, no girl I’ve ever asked out completely ignored my confession.”

 

“Confession?” Sunggyu could feel his entire face warm up in embarrassment. What wee these crazy people talking about?

 

“Go on a date with me,” Woohyun laughed. “I wanna see if it’s different than dating a girl.”

 

“But wait, if you two date, which one of you takes it up the-“

 

“Sungyeol!” Dongwoo cut the childish boy off. “Don’t go around saying stuff like that! Just look at his face, you’ve freaked him out.”

 

All of the members turned so they could look at their leader who turned even more red than before. He tried to say something, but it seemed like all the poor boy could do was stutter and shake his head. It’s not like he never thought about things like that before, after all he was gay so he knew things like that would pop up. However, he never actually pictured himself with Woohyun or who would top between the two of them. And if he had it his way, he definitely would not want to have such a conversation in front of all s.

 

“You okay?” Myungsoo asked while Dongwoo and Woohyun continued to scold Sungyeol, telling him not to embarrass people or talk about things of that nature in front of the youngest, who in turn was saying he’s old enough to listen to that type of conversation.

 

“Yeah,” Sunggyu nodded and grabbed the nearest drink since he suddenly realized his embarrassment made his mouth dry. “I just wasn’t expecting that.”

 

“Because Woohyun is crazy.” Myungsoo smirked. “But are you gonna do it?”

 

“Do what?” Sunggyu asked.

 

Myungsoo chuckled and ruffled the older boy’s hair, “Are you gonna go out on a date with Woohyun?”

 

“Of course he is!” Woohyun bounced over and jumped on Sunggyu’s lap. “He’s my best friend, of course he’ll go on a date with me. Right, Hyung?”

 

“Of course.” Sunggyu replied almost instantly. He was always agreeing to Woohyun’s crazy ideas, maybe this one wouldn’t be so bad. “It’s only a date, not like it’s going to go any further than maybe holding hands, which we all do anyways.”

 

Right after Sunggyu agreed to the date, the front door opened and Hoya walked inside with a big smile on his face. “Guys, I did it! I filmed today.”

 

Everyone practically attacked the rapper with questions about how he thought he did and what the female actresses were like. They barely gave him a chance to breathe, each one tugging on him until they answered his questions.

 

Well, all except Sunggyu who sat back and watched with an amused smile on his face. It was entertaining to watch how happy yet tired Hoya looked, and how he tried his best to answer the questions coming from all around him.

 

Finally, after a few minutes of an intensive interrogation, Sunggyu spoke up, “Okay guys, let the man breathe for a second. He just got back from a hard day’s work and no one has offered him a drink or let him sit down. Calm down.”

 

The remaining five backed down and Dongwoo was even nice enough to go to the kitchen to grab some water for the rookie actor. And while he did that, Hoya collapsed on the couch next to Sunggyu.

 

“How’d it go?” Sunggyu threw an arm around Hoya’s shoulders. “Was it difficult?”

 

Hoya shook his head, “No, it was just a shot where I was more in the back, but I got to be in front of the camera without the stress of a lot of lines, so it was good.”

 

“That’s good, we’re proud of you.” Sunggyu smiled and ruffled Hoya’s hair.

 

Hoya stretched out and rested his head on Sunggyu’s shoulder. “So did I miss anything?”

 

“Oh you missed it, it was great.” Dongwoo laughed and handed Hoya a cup of water, “Woohyun asked Sunggyu out on a date.”

 

“What?”

 

 

 

ahh im so sorry about how long im taking to get stuff out these days. but finals are almost over, i think i'm done being sick, and i just moved apartments so i dont have to worry about anything soon and i'm gonna do my best to update both of my fics multiple times this week. Wish me luck!

Thanks for reading!!^^