Librarian Letter

To the Place Beyond the Universe

 


  She was among those high school girls with thick make up and gruesome giggle. Thrice a week—his shift—they would come with the same short skirt and modified uniform. Hers wasn’t the shortest but she was the messiest. She didn’t wear any makeup but like to comb her fringe back with her fingers. She didn’t giggle but she slept right away until evening past when the rest of her friends had already gone after seeing the young librarian with trice-a-week shift.

  Those were few things he noticed about her.

  He found out her name was Bae Su Ji at eleven in night when she woke up late and he didn’t woke her up. That day, she borrowed the book for the first time, the title was Thank You. He found out she had a low voice when she spelled his name which written on his nametag with sassy tone.

...

  One time, she didn’t come to sleep but remained seated until her friends all had gone after giving their pink strawberry scented letter which given thrice a week to the university student librarian who cringed every time they beckon a seduction to him.

  Seating across each other, they were in each other eyes when they stayed until the library closed. Only by midnight, a tear rolled down from her eyes, telling unspoken stories she kept in her gaze all along. He played a song for her through his phone and let her weep hid behind the melodies that filled the room.

  She said thank you before she went home and another thank you after he drove her back.

...

  He was in the middle of stuffing the letters with phone numbers written on front beside the lipstick mark into the almost full box when he got another letter—if a piece of folded paper could be counted as letter—which had no phone number and kiss mark or strawberry scent or fancy handwriting placed on his desk.

  Instead of giggling and running like how he remembered they would be, the sender now stood lazily with her hands folded waiting her letter to be read.

  He looked at her before reading “I think I like you” in messy handwriting written on the paper turned letter.

  He asked for her number and sent her the first answer he had ever given to a high school girl which sent him a letter, his answer was as followed;

  “Grow up faster.”


 

                not really sure with this one, just want to write something