Fifty Steps

To the Place Beyond the Universe

 


  Myungsoo, it takes a half hour from your dorm to your company building every time you go for practice. It takes an hour to reach the music station where you usually go to promote your new song every time Infinite has their comeback. To reach the location of your photo shoot locations and TV Shows I assume is quite the same.

  I don’t know how long it takes for you to reach your concert stadium though. But it took quite long for me. There will be long traffic, but I take it as a good thing, you are loved by many people now.

  It takes about one hour and half from to the airport and I believe it takes at least three hours for you to reach other countries every time you go overseas to make your fans cries in joy.

  No matter where you go, you need at least a half hours. Your favorite fashion shop where you buy all those black and plaid shirt, your favorite restaurant where you only eat kimchi stew, your favorite place—underground studio behind the abandoned building, your jogging track filed, half hours Myungsoo. That’s the quickest. And to think you need to use bicycle, car, van, or even plane to reach those places you endlessly visit.

  But Myungsoo, it only takes exactly 50 steps—as I last counted—and less than five minutes to reach the front door of my dorm from your place. You don’t even need to take anything. So Myungsoo, I do hope one day, between your hectic schedules or when you get your holiday, you would once again remember to pay me a visit. I’m still waiting.