22: A Jeju Getaway

The Seoul Getaway
Please log in to read the full chapter
RYEOWOOK   “Hyung, need any help?” I offered kindly to Zhou Mi hyung who seemed to be struggling as he tried to zip his duffel bag which seemed to be a bit err…overflowing.   With Donghae hyung and Siwon hyung’s extended stay in Taiwan, Zhou Mi hyung will be joining us in this apartment instead. Technically, it’s just Kyuhyun, me and Angela, whom I still haven’t seen since we got back. I guess she enjoyed staying at Zee’s. Being in the company of all males must have been a challenge for her.   With the current situation between her and Kyuhyun, I wonder if she still has plans of coming back. It’s pretty obvious that there’s a progress but the two are just too stubborn to admit it. There’s Kyuhyun getting all jealous back at Vietnam and then I’ve heard from Yesung hyung that he caught Angela red-handed when she had that slip of the tongue moment about missing Kyuhyun. Need I say more about this progress?   “No, I’m good. I’ve…got…this!” Zhou Mi hyung replied in between breaths until he finally closed the zipper of his bag.   “There!” He beamed at his bag proudly then dropped it down on the floor. “Hmm, I think I might need to bring another one.”   “Hyung, you are aware that we are only going out for 2 days and 1 night, right?” I asked as I shot a look of uncertainty over his stuffed bag.   We’re actually preparing for our trip to Jeju Island tomorrow. It’s a way for us to celebrate the success of our 3rd Asia Tour as well as to celebrate Zee’s birthday. Well, she actually doesn’t have any idea that we know all about it, and we intend to keep it that way until tomorrow night. Heechul hyung’s organized a surprise party for her, with our help of course.   “Yes, I know.”  Zhou Mi hyung replied as he got another bag, this time a black Gucci leather shoulder bag, from his cabinet. “Oh come on Ryeowook! Stop acting like you’re not used to this.”   Oh well. Typical hyung.   My thoughts were disrupted when we heard a loud bang from the door. Zhou Mi hyung and I looked at one another and went out of the room to check.   We saw Kyuhyun who just came back from his musical performance leaning behind the door with his eyes closed as he panted heavily.   Hmm… something doesn’t seem right.   “Ya Gui Xian! What happened to you?” Zhou Mi hyung shouted as we got down the stairs and Kyuhyun’s eyes snapped wide  open with fear as if he just saw a ghost.   “Are you okay?” I asked as I peered closely at his face and I noticed how his cheeks are blushing tomato red.   He didn’t run from Chungmu Art Theater just to get here, did he?   “What? Yes, of course I am.” He replied a bit dazedly as he walked past me and hyung, carrying his backpack with just one shoulder, as he headed for the stairs.   He’s really acting odd.   “You’re acting as if you did something you weren’t supposed to do.” Zhou Mi hyung said with a snigger and Kyuhyun suddenly paused on his tracks as if he got struck by hyung’s words but he didn’t say anything.
From the way hyung had phrased it, it sounded like he was asking Kyu if he was guilty of killing someone. Haha!   “Aren’t you even going to eat dinner?” I asked concernedly.   Maybe food will make him feel better. Kekeke.   “No thanks. I’m not really hungry. Good night.” He said quickly and rushed up to his room.   Zhou Mi hyung and I looked at one another and he just shrugged his shoulders at me.   Okay, now I’m really starting to worry. Kyuhyun does not decline food just like that.   Did something embarrassing happen at his musical today? ***   “Ah! The weather is so nice!” I exclaimed as soon as I got inside our van that was bound to take us to the resort that was owned by the company.   The sun is so high up and I’m really happy to be away from chilly Seoul at least for awhile.   We all just arrived here in Jeju Island and everyone is just so happy! I snuck a glance at Kyuhyun, who was still silent and dazed though he did talk a bit earlier and finally ate something. He was sitting quietly at the far end corner of the van, just staring out of the window with a bottle of water clasped on his hands. Whatever is going on inside his head right now is truly a mystery.   There are only five of us inside the van right now. I’m sitting at the back of the van with Yesung hyung beside me who was taking selcas on his phone. Heechul hyung, Siwon hyung and Kyuhyunnie are occupying the seats infront of us. The other five were in another van that was infront of ours which just started to move. Zhou Mi hyung left with Zee, Henry and Angela and have already arrived earlier in the morning.  Some of us still had schedules to finish which is why we’re a little delayed.   “I can’t wait to go to the beach!” Siwon hyung said excitedly as he closed the doors.   Coming directly from Taiwan, Siwon hyung and Donghae hyung managed to take a short break from their drama shooting and join us for the outing.   “Tch! You mean you can’t wait to and show off your body!” Heechul hyung, who was sitting beside him, remarked bitterly causing all of us to laugh, even the driver.   I glanced over at Kyuhyun again and saw that he was still staring blankly at the window.   “Kyuhyun-ah, I heard what you did last night. How was it?” I heard Heechul hyung ask the maknae in a teasing tone.   He must have sensed how quiet and still Kyuhyun has been. Well, Heechul hyung is not called mood maker Hee for nothing.   “I…I don’t know what you’re talking about, hyung.” Kyuhyun replied softly with a hint of uncertainty in his tone.   Yesung hyung beside me suddenly jolted up from his seat and held the head rest just right behind Kyuhyun.   “Ayayay! Jongjin already told me what happened and I also know a bit of detail that you don’t!” Yesung hyung said giddily as he leaned back on his chair and wriggled his eyebrows at Kyuhyun who was already facing us.   Even Jongjin knows something? What is going on?!   “Why? What happened last night?” I asked innocently.   Am I the only one who doesn’t know anything?   Heechul hyung turned to face at our direction. “Did you notice anything weird about Kyuhyun when he got home last night?”   “Well,” I looked up at the ceiling as I tried to recall every single detail from last night. “He declined my offering of food which was a first, and whenever Zhou Mi hyung and I asked him what’s wrong he would blush.”   “Aha!” Heechul hyung’s eyes widened in amazement as he glanced back with a grin at Kyuhyun, whose cheeks were turning red again. “So you intended to do that.”   “I…I don’t want to talk about it, hyung.” Kyuhyun stuttered before taking a sip of his water.   “Aren’t you at least curious about what we know that you don’t?” Heechul hyung pressed on with the teasing.   “No.” Kyuhyun replied nonchalantly as he stared out the window again.   “Will someone please tell us what happened?” I looked at Yesung hyung and Heechul hyung pleadingly.   “Ne, hyung. What exactly happened?” Siwon hyung looked like a kid who was ready to listen to a bedtime story.   “To make the long story short, Kyuhyun kissed Angela’s forehead during his musical performance last night.” Heechul hyung said with a victorious grin as he looked at Kyuhyun who snapped his head towards his direction, his cheeks brightening in red.   Siwon hyung gasped as his Shibrows started dancing. Yesung hyung was grinning widely along with Heechul hyung while I was trying my hardest to control my laughter.   So that’s the reason why he’s been acting weird since last night! The maknae is definitely in love!   “How come we don’t know about this, Kyuhyun-ah?” Siwon hyung said proudly, lightly nudging Kyuhyun’s shoulder as if to congratulate him for a job well done.   “It was just for show, guys! No need to make a big deal out of it.” Kyuhyun said grumpily though he himself sounded so unsure of what he just said.   Define defensive. All of us but Heechul hyung were howling because of giddiness. All of us are rooting for those two to end up together.   “Tch. You really expect us to believe that crap, Kyuhyun? If it was nothing, you wouldn’t be acting this way.” Heechul hyung told him, his tone starting to get serious.   “Exactly, and you’re probably having the same mental battle as hyung here when he was denying he liked Zee.” Siwon hyung added and I couldn’t agree with my hyungs more.   “Yah! That may be true but don’t use me as an example.” Heechul hyung shouted at Siwon hyung to which the latter just shrugged his shoulders in respond.    Heechul hyung faced back to Kyuhyun. “Anyway, you better make your move on Angela before you get overtaken by someone, and we both know who I’m referring too.”   Kyuhyunnie remained silent on his seat as he looked at Heechul hyung.   It must be a tough situation for Kyuhyun, with Jonghyun being his close friend who also happens to like that one, same girl.   “Oh! We’re here!” I said excitedly as soon as I saw the van ahead of us entering the gates of the resort.   As soon as the engines stopped, we all got out of the van and started to do some stretching.   The resort staffs took our bags to our respective rooms. It’s not the first time that we have been here. Since this resort is owned by SM, all the artists are given privileges to use this place.   Since there are 14 of us, Zee and Angela included, we were given 5 rooms to share, having three members in each room. I’ll be rooming with Kyuhyun and Henry. Leeteuk hyung decided that the room assignments to be according to age, at least among us members. Zee and Angela are sharing.   The rest of my other hyungs directly went to the beach while Kyuhyun and I went to our room to unload our stuff. Since Henry arrived earlier, I’m quite horrified to think what our room looks like. If you want to keep a neat and organized room, never choose Henry as your roommate. And make sure to hide all your underwear.   All our rooms are found on one floor and I believe the fourth room belongs to us. Since our room assignments were arranged by age, the first room obviously belongs to the 83-liners and Yesung hyung, therefore making the fourth room for us, the maknaes.    When we finally reached the fourth room, I was about to open the door when I noticed Kyuhyun walked past it and was heading to the next door, where Zee and Angela’s room was assigned.   This boy can’t be any more obvious, can he? Kekeke.   “Kyuhyun-ah, our room is over here.” I said with a sly grin.   “Oh,”Kyuhyun seemed like he was jolted back to reality, his cheeks turning into a shade of red once more. “Looks like I made a mistake in counting.”   As soon as Kyuhyun and I finished unpacking and changed into a more beach-inspired outfit (beach polo and beach shorts), we both went down to the beach to join the others. We weren’t in the mood to swim yet though so instead, we brought down our gadgets with us. Finally! I can already catch up on my favorite dramas!   As we were making our way towards a shaded tree, from a distance I saw Angela, in her blue green tank top and shorts, at the shore, happily making sandcastles with Zhou Mi hyung, who was in his black wife beater and beach s
Please log in to read the full chapter