15: Runaway

The Seoul Getaway
Please log in to read the full chapter
KYUHYUN   It’s already been a week after the company showcase and since it’s already the 3rd week of April, me, with the rest of the Super Junior M members are scheduled to leave for Taiwan tomorrow. We’ll be staying there for the next three weeks for our promotions. It’s quite a long time if you’d ask me.   Schedules for today finished early and I didn’t feel like heading back home yet which is why I’m staying here at Shindong hyung’s newly opened internet café, Shindong’s DraQra PC Castle. It’s only around a month old actually. Surprisingly, there weren’t much people around when I got here. Usually, when it’s a shop owned by idols or someone related to them, the place is crowded by fans with their cameras and cellphones. Maybe it’s because it’s a weekday and students are just on their way out of school. Whatever the reason is, all I know now is at least we get to have some of our personal space.   Shindong hyung and I were staying behind the most secluded area of the computer stalls so as to remain discreet, just in case a fan comes in or something.   “So how’s everything going at your place Kyuhyun-ah?” He asked casually before munching on a seaweed snack. “Everything must be in order now considering that you’ve got a girl around to do your chores for you.”   I turned to look at him with a scorned look, my fingers still glued on the keyboards. “Not even close to what you’re thinking, hyung. You have no idea how that girl brings headache to me every single day.”   Well, that’s not entirely true though. Honestly, Angela’s been improving lately especially with the house work but then there are just some things about her that never fails to frustrate me.   “Aigoo! Is it because you’re having a hard time getting to her heart?” Shindong hyung piped in teasingly as he leaned in closer to me, his eyes giving off a teasing vibe while his eyebrows playfully shifted up and down and all I could ever do was shot him a disgusted look.   I scoffed at him as I faced back the monitor. “What did Sungmin hyung tell you?”   He and Sungmin hyung are best friends so certainly, the latter won’t hide anything from him.   “That you’re starting to like Angela but won’t admit.” He said smugly as he poked me lightly on the shoulder.   “Well, that’s nonsense.” I told him in a dead pan tone as I turned away from the monitor again so I could face Shindong hyung. “You know that they’re just—No, wait! Let me rephrase that. You are all picking on me! That’s what you all think.”   “Why did you buy her the jacket then?”   I wanted to ask myself the same question. I knew that jacket was going to cause me trouble yet I still got it for her.   Before I could even reply, Shindong hyung had a follow-up question. “And according to Sungmin-ah, you even nearly tripped when Zee told you how much Angela loved the jacket you gave her and how you were trying to restrain yourself from smiling.”   Oh, that! Of course, how could I forget. Sungmin hyung and I were heading back to the waiting rooms when Zee called out to me just to tell me that. She said it in Korean so obviously, Angela had no idea but then I nearly stumbled on my steps but good thing I was able to control myself and I had someone beside me.   “Ya! I was just surprised, alright?! Besides, I was just happy that she liked it. When you give someone something and she liked it, wouldn’t you feel the same way? That should just be a natural reaction.”   “Well, for someone who’s crushing on someone, then I guess it is.” Shindong hyung said as he got another strip of seaweed snack.   “Ya! I don’t have a crush on her.” I said as I grabbed the snack away from him, hoping he would take back what he just said.   “The fact that you’re affected by her doesn’t seem to coincide with that statement of yours.” He said as he grabbed back his snack from my loose grip. “Besides, Angela doesn’t seem so bad. She’s beautiful inside and out.”   “She may be beautiful on the outside but on the inside? Tsh! Her temper is even worse than Heechul hyung.”   “I think it’s you who has a worse temper than hyung while Angela can be as fierce as Zee when it comes to you.”   “And you’re trying to point out?”   “That little crush of yours has actually progressed.” Shindong hyung said smugly and giggled like some kind of an infatuated high schooler.   “Ya!” I scowled at him yet again, attempting to steal his snack away from him again but he was quick in getting it out of my reach.   Shindong hyung’s eyes suddenly lit up as if a great idea has struck upon him. “Hey! Maybe Angela’s got one of those networking sites like Facebook.”   “So?” I asked in a nonchalant manner.   “So you can learn more about her babo!” He said as he poked my head lightly   Well, Shindong hyung’s got a point there. Angela’s staying with us for almost a month now yet we still don’t much about her. All we know about her is her name, age, where she’s from and her crazy temperament.  Most importantly, she never really mentioned why she ran away. I mean, there must be a reason for it, right? You can’t just run away from your country just because you’re pleased to do so…unless Angela’s really out of her mind for doing such thing, which shouldn’t be so surprising anymore.   Shindong hyung handed me over his seaweed snack as he came closer and started manipulating the keyboard.   Among the members, he and Heechul hyung are the only ones who have a Facebook account, although the latter doesn’t use it much anymore.     “Angela Victoria Go. That should give us more accurate results.” I told Shindong hyung when I saw him type ‘Angela Go’ only on Facebook’s search engine and he turned to look at me with a teasing smile.   “What?! It’s a common name. The least we could do is to be more specific.” I said in my defense.   Shindong hyung faced back the monitor and moments later, we were faced with several Facebook accounts that don’t even match with what we were looking for.   “Well, it looks like Angela’s not the type to join in the hype.” I remarked as hyung opened a new tab and typed in Angela’s whole name again on Google’s search engine.   Seriously, it’s not like he’ll get something about Angela by googling her. Maybe if she was a celebrity or something, it would be easier.   “Give it up. It’s not like you’ll—Whoa!”   I was cut short when I turned to face the monitor again and saw the information that was upon our sight. There were a number of articles and a series of photo thumbnails wherein I could recognize Angela’s facial features very well.   So, that confirms our suspicion that Angela is no ordinary girl. What kind of life has that troublemaker been living before she got here?   I turned to look at Shindong hyung who looked complacent as he opened her Wikipedia page on a new tab.   “Are you sure about that hyung? Wikipedia isn’t even that reliable. And are you sure that’s her? This thing doesn’t even have her picture on. How do we know it’s really her?”   “Huh, someone’s finally showing his interest now.” Shindong hyung smirked, the teasing aura still not leaving his face.   “Can’t I make a remark without getting teased?” I complained, sounding slightly miffed already.   My teddy bear like hyung just chuckled as if he was amused by my reaction. We read the little information written on the page anyway.

 

Angela Victoria Go (born February 7, 1991) is a Filipino-Chinese model, socialite and a potential future heiress. She is the granddaughter of Richard Go Sr., the pioneer of R&G Holdings, Inc.She recently graduated as Magna Laude from De La Salle University-College of St. Benilde with a Bachelor’s degree in Entrepreneurship minor in fashion design.

 

“Wow! She’s a potential heiress. She must be very rich!” Shindong hyung remarked amusedly as he opened R&G Holdings, Inc. in a new tab to read more on the company owned by her family.   Apparently, R&G Holdings, Inc. is one of the leading companies in the Philippines which have several chains of businesses in hotel management, magazine publication, real estate & property development and the latest, banking.    “No wonder she even chose to fly to another country just so she can run away. Talk about wasting money.” I said as I shook my head sideways.   “Well, come and think of it though, if she hadn’t come here, then you wouldn’t have met her.” said Shindong hyung, sounding regretful.   “Which is exactly how things should be.” I countered indignantly.   “Ya! And I thought you were the type of person who believed in destiny.”   “Since it involves Angela, then I don’t anymore. Besides you know that—never mind.”   I waved my hand in the air as I brushed the issue off. I sighed, knowing that the next thing I was supposed to say was going to be pointless anyway. I knew Shindong hyung understood as he gave me a reassuring look and temporarily stopped with the teasing.   We went back to Google’s result page and clicked on other links which we thought might be useful in this mini-research of ours. So far, the one that we read on Wikipedia seems accurate since it matched the information that we have read about her on other sites. She is usually spotted in different high-class social events, as shown by her photos in fancy designer clothes. We have found her on several fashion blogs too. It’s pretty obvious that it’s the girl’s forte. She and Zhou Mi hyung will get along pretty well, only that she still hasn’t met him.  Oh well. I’d rather they won’t meet at all so there won’t be an additional person to gang up against me.   “She looks gorgeous in anything she wears.” Shindong hyung said in awe as we continued to view photos of Angela in different events.   The one currently flashed on the monitor was from what seemed like a movie premier night and Angela was wearing this short black tube dress paired with black closed heels which had those shiny little circles on top for her footwear. Her lean shoulders and long white slender legs were emphasized in that outfit hers and to be honest, she looks extra stunning and…y.   “Are you drooling already?” Shindong hyung piped in teasingly as he turned around to look at me with a smug smile. “Are you sure
Please log in to read the full chapter