Chapter 7

A Fox Tale

‘For 750 years I have loved him, but he only had eyes for that human girl. Why must I suffer while she enjoys the life that I could have had. What am I lacking in? even after she’s gone, why must he go on loving that human girl.’ thought Naomi as she swiftly move through trees, rooftop of buildings and street lamps with tears in her eyes.

*             *            *               *                *              *                   *                *

Carter sat up with Avee in his arms unharmed as he quickly hid his fox ears and tails from her. Avee slowly open up her eyes. She notices that she was lying on top of Carter. She quickly got off of him and sat down next to him.

“Are you ok?” ask Carter worried.

“Yeah.” said Avee placing her hand on her forehead, “The last thing I remember was being choked by some girl.”

Carter embrace Avee in his arms as he slowly her hair and back, “It’s okay, you’re safe now.”

“Carter.” said Avee staring straight at a spirit approaching behind Carter.

“Hmm…” he responds as he quickly turns around holding out his palm towards the spirit. Suddenly blue flames came bursting out from within his palm.

From the sight of the blue flames coming out of his right palm, Avee’s eyes widen dropping her jaw. The spirit disappeared within thin air. Carter quickly turn back to face Avee who’s jaw was already wide open. Avee robotically turn her head towards his face and gaze at him. She points to where the spirit was and then to Carter. She folds her arms together and stood up.

“Okay! You got lots of explanation to do mister.” said Avee sternly glaring at him.

Carter faintly smile at her as the two of them began walking to the back of the school. Avee quickly scan their surrounding and drag Carter deep into the trees.

She came to a stop and firmly held his hands, “Now tell me. Are you a fox?” she gaze at him worried of the answer.

Carter let out a huge sigh. He closes his eyes and his fox ears and tails reappear. Avee’s face grew bright in amazement. She walks towards Carter reaching her hands to his ears. She gently touches his ears as he felt the pleasure of her rubbing his ears.

Avee glance at Carter with an evil smirk, ‘hmmm… So this is his weak spot.’ She thought and as she slaps Carter softly on the cheek, “Get your head out of the gutter.” She laughs at him as he looks at her confusedly, “Waaah!!! Your tails are so beautiful… Can I touch them?” she began to softly touch his tails. She then grip onto one of his tails and firmly tugging it a bit as it sent shockwaves to Carter’s body.

“Don’t pull it.” said Carter blushing.

Avee let out a small chuckle, “Ah! Sorry. Just checking to make sure they’re real.” she then walk back to face Carter flashing him a smile, “My dream finally came true.” she laid down on the grass.

Carter bends his body 90 degrees looking at her face, “What dream?” he question.

Avee let out a small sigh and smile at him, “Lay down with me.” She pats the spot next to her. Carter then lay down next to her and stare up in to the sky, “My grandfather has always told me and my brother a story about a 750 year old fox. This Fox Tale story has been passed down from generations. When hearing the story for the first time, I have always wanted to meet this Fox and Lady Lavee. I don’t know how she looks like but I’m sure she’s beautiful.”

Carter switches his gaze towards Avee. He memorizes her face the structure of it. Her long eye lashes and her beautiful smile that makes her eyes smile as well. Avee then switches her gaze towards him as she moves in closer to him. She bent her head with her forehead touching his shoulder.

“I too wanted to be married to a Fox. Just like Lady Lavee who bravely married a Fox to save her family, but I don’t want to be married by force but by love.” said Avee closing her eyes and then suddenly sitting up, “Although my grandfather says it’s impossible. Now it’s possible, because you’re a fox Carter.” She smile happily, “Will you marry me?” she jokily asked him.

Carter’s face became bright red and his words became twisted hard to speak, “Uh… Don’t joke around like that.” Avee look at Carter with a smile and began to chuckle at his cuteness.

“Are you ok Carter?” ask Avee, “We should get you to the nurse’s office. Your face has become a hot tomato.” she grabs onto Carter’s arm and helps him up.

Carter stood up and glance at Avee, “Avee. Let’s just keep this between us, okay.” Avee smile at him and nod in agreement.

As soon as they arrived to the nurse’s office half of the room was cleaned up already. Jessica and Tifa saw Avee and Carter standing at the door. The two of them quickly rush towards Avee hugging her tightly and quickly pull away from Avee to lecture her.

“Don’t you ever scare us like that again!” yell Jessica angrily.

“Next time, don’t try to keep everything to yourself. You know how worry we were.” yell Tifa lightly punching Avee on her shoulder.

Avee gave them a concern look and smile, “I’m sorry, I made you guys worry about me and I promise I won’t ever do that again.” She hugs the two of them as they both hug her back.

The Nurse soon came back from being knock out as she slowly opens her eyes to a clean room. Avee lay in the infirmary bed as before when the Nurse was knock out. The Nurse stood up from the infirmary bed beside Avee and walk on over towards Avee. She slid the sheet to the side to find Carter, Jessica, and Tifa surrounding Avee. She gave them a suspicious look, “What are you three doing here? Aren’t you guys supposed to be in class?” she questions them as they all smile at her.

“Well you were sleeping and so we took the responsibility to take care of Avee, until she gets better.” said Jessica confidently.

The Nurse gave up. It was true she did fall asleep. Although she don’t remember why she did. She wasn’t sleepy so why did she fall asleep. She glances over to Avee who was pretending to be asleep. “Avee are you ok?” she gave Avee a suspicious look once more, “I know you’re awake. All of you just go home for the day. I’ll make an excuse for you four. Just don’t go making any trouble. Take the girls home safely Carter.” The Nurse walks out of the room as she slowly shook her head from side to side smiling to herself.

Avee quickly sat up in bed with a surprise look, “Whoa! How did she know?” as they all laugh.

“How would she not know? You look so stiff while lying there.” Laugh Jessica.

“Better luck next time Avee.” said Tifa laughing.

“Hey since we all get to go home early today, why don’t we all go get some ice cream?” Carter suggests smiling, “It’ll be my treat.”

The three girls clasp their hands together and with a smile they all replied to Carter, “Really!” Carter nods at the three of them as they all quickly grab their things.

As they walk out of the school gate Avee heard a voice, “Avee” stopping in her tracks. She quickly turns around and no one was insight to call out her name.

“Did you guys hear that?” Avee ask glancing at the three of them.

The three of them tilt their head to the side and shook their head side to side.

“Hear what?” ask Tifa.

Avee slightly smile, “It’s nothing. Let’s go get some ice cream.”

The four of them happily skip their way to the Ice cream shop a few blocks down the school. As they stood in line Avee heard that very same voice once more, “Avee…Avee”. Avee quickly spun around looking from left to right worried. Her body began to feel hot as she began to sweat like crazy. Her breathing became heavy as her vision became blurry. Avee stare straight at the Ice Cream shop door, there stood a woman identical to her staring at her. Avee gulp down her saliva, her eyes began to slowly close on her. Carter who noticed Avee acting strange caught her before she hit the floor when she collapses. Before Avee collapsed Avee saw the woman walking closer towards her. Her eyes soon gave up on her and closed on her as she fell over.

“Avee! Avee!” Carter called out to her.

*             *            *               *                *              *                   *                *

Avee could hear them, but her body wouldn’t respond to her wills. Her eyes wouldn’t open up. She felt trap within her own mind. In a dark place, it was nothing but darkness that surrounded her. As she began walking towards one direction memories from the past began to show one by one, but only one image caught her attention.

‘That face. I know that face.’ Avee walk up closer to the image and place her hand on the memory piece. ‘That face... It’s Carter’s face and this woman. She must be the woman that loved Carter 700 years ago. Why does this woman look so much like me?” Avee quickly clench onto her shirt, her heart was in pain. It was crying out to Carter’s emotions and the sight of his face makes everything aches. As she slowly falls to the ground she sat there with the pain within her chest. She suddenly heard footsteps coming closer towards her from afar. A dark figure so similar to hers came into the light.

Tears were flowing out from her eyes with a painful expression on her face. She was dressed in beautiful white Sequins Vest Dress; her dress was sleeveless with a golden shiny collar with a rose in the middle of where the collar meets. Her long beautiful light brown hair was swept to one side of her neck. She took in a deep breath and then exhales it. Avee glanced at her as she stood up meeting her at eye level.

“Who are you?” ask Avee, “Why do you look so much like me?” she clench on tighter to her shirt.

The lady sighs and looks away to her right side. She looks back at Avee in the eye, “Avee. I am Lavee. I am you, from 700 years ago.”

“Why are you still here in this world? Why have you not pass on?” ask Avee confuse.

Lavee let out a small sigh, “In this world you have three spirits. One that passes on to a new life, one that becomes an animal then you are able to pass on and then there’s another one who stays with regrets. I am filled with regrets from the pass that I, myself cannot pass on.”

‘She must have been in so much pain.’ Avee look at the image of Lavee and Carter together, “If you don’t mind me asking. What is the reason for your regrets?”

Lavee let a small bittersweet smile crept on her lips, “I stay to prevent you from going down the same path as me.”

‘The same path as her, what path is that.’ Avee thought as she looks at the image.

Lavee began taking small steps towards Avee, “Avee. I am sorry, but I have a favor to ask.”

Avee look over to Lavee who was taking small steps towards her. Reacting to her instinct she took small steps backwards, “What is that favor?” she look at Lavee puzzle expression.

“I am going to borrow your body.” said Lavee as she over took Avee’s body.

*             *            *               *                *              *                   *                *

Avee’s eyes quickly open up to the sight of Avee’s room. She stood up walking to her mirror by her makeup desk. She look at herself in the mirror, her eyes were not autumn hazel color but a blue hazel color.

 “Lavee you have out done yourself. Just to feel his lips once more, you take over the body of your reincarnate self. Why are you being so selfish?” said Lavee to herself, “Shall we pay him a visit.” She walks on over to Avee’s closet and search through her clothes. She stumbles across an elegant white chiffon strap BOHO Maxi long dress in Avee’s closet.

‘What a beautiful flowy dress she has here.’ thought Lavee

She took off Avee’s shirt and shorts. Lavee slips on the long white elegant chiffon strap as she fixes her hair.

*             *            *               *                *              *                   *                *

Outside of the shrine, there stood a figure from up top of the stairs. It was Carter who was staring up at the moon, reminiscing about the past of them together. Carter suddenly felt a strong presence from the bottom of the stairs of the shrine. There stood a figure with glowing blue hazel eyes in a white flowy elegant dress. ‘Avee?’ he thought as he took a step down the stairs as she began taking a step up. The two of them began to pick up their speeds until they met in the middle of the stairs.

Lavee using Avee’s hands and body reaches towards Carter’s face. Tears began to fill her eyes, “Carter.” She said.

“You…You’re not Av…” before he could finish speaking Lavee gave him a kiss on the lips, stopping him from saying Avee’s name. With her eyes closed, Carter was full of shock.

The End of Chapter 7

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hey I have been in a Hiatus. Busy with the school year. Here is Chapter 7. XD