Chapter 2

A Fox Tale

Avee woke up to the knock on her bedroom door. She quickly sat up in her bed scanning her surroundings. The door to her room opens, there stood her brother Cory. He let out a small sigh and walks into her room. He sat on her bed and put his arms around her.

“I’m sorry… I never knew that you felt that way.” said Cory as he clench on to her tighter, “I have always believed in you, your my little sister. I have never doubt you at all. You know that I can’t express myself well, I’m so sorry that you felt that way. I promise that I’ll try harder this time to show you that I really do care for you.” He then let go of her and poke her forehead, “Now get dress and let’s go to school.” He smiles at his beloved little sister and left her room.

After a couple of minutes Avee came down dress in t-shirt and jeans with a coat over her plain t-shirt. The two of them ate breakfast with their parents and their grandpa. They then got ready leaving in their car with the butler driving them to school. Avee couldn’t hold it in anymore and so she decides to ask her brother.

“Cory about last night, how did you find me? Or was it you who brought me home last night?” ask Avee curious of how she got into her bed.

“I went searching for you. Somehow I knew that you were going to be there. But by the time I got there you were laying on the ground unconscious.” said Cory as he shut his eyes for a moment before opening them again.

“Oh, so there was no one there with me at all?” ask Avee wondering what happened after she held that mysterious man.

“Why? Did something happen to you?” ask Cory concern.

“Yes, I was being chased by three men. But someone saved me at the park. I don’t know who he was at all though.” said Avee looking out the window.

“Then why did that man leave you lying there by yourself? Did he do anything to you?” ask Cory even more concern.

Avee let out a small smile, “No, nothing happened. I know it, because he was kind.”

Cory let out a small sigh, “As long as you’re alright then I’m relief.”

They soon arrive in front of the school gate, the two of them got out of the car together. The other female students the other day came up to her and greet her with smiles. They surround Avee and Cory. They look at one another and sigh. Just then Avee saw her two best friends pushing through the crowds.

“Excuse me!” said one of her friend pushing some of the girls out of the way.

“Please move aside.” said one of her friend trying to get through the crowd.

The tougher friend held onto her friend’s hand and pulls her through the large crowd. Avee went to greet them with a hug.

“Jessica, Tifa you’re here.” said Avee running towards them giving them a big hug.

“I see you got yourself into a little bit of trouble. Let me help you get out of here.” said Jessica chuckling.

“Move it people! There is nothing for you to see or do here!” yell Jessica pushing people out of the way.

The other female students glare at Jessica.

“Oh! It’s the Ice Princess. She has a pretty face, but her attitude is so ugly, I don’t even understand why the boys like her at all.” whisper one of the female students to her friend.

Avee heard the female student whispering to her friend and got protective. She walks straight to the female students who was whispering and grabs her by the shirt.

“You may have a pretty face, but your attitude is a hundred times worse than Jessica, Jessica, ugly, Ha don’t make me laugh.” said Avee as she roughly push the female student away.

She walks off, as Jessica slightly smiling at her. She looks at Jessica and smile, as she ran into her arms.

“No one can talk bad about my Jessica, because only I know the truth about you. That’s why we’re friends.” said Avee hugging her.

 

[IN CLASS]

 

As the teacher left them to go and do their readings, the door open and in came a student. He has light skin with light brown hair and hazel blue eyes. He walks toward the teacher and had a talk with him, eyes were on him and he knew that everyone was staring. The teacher took him to the front of the class and starts by introducing him to the students.

“Class today we have a new student his name is Carter Greens. Be nice to him and maybe even show him around the school.” said the teacher.

Everyone greets him with a smile, except one person Avee. Avee was lost in her thoughts as she looks him up and down wondering if he was the one who saved her that night.

“You can sit next to Avee. In that empty seat, Avee please raise your hand.” said the teacher, making Avee snap back into reality.

“Raise your hand Avee.” snap Jessica quietly from Avee’s right side.

Avee quickly raise her hand, before she did Carter was already heading her way to sit down in his seat. When he arrives to his seat, he greets her with a warm smile. Avee slowly drop her arm down onto her desk, embarrass. Carter look at her as Avee shyly smile back awkwardly.

“Hi, I’m Carter Greens. It’s nice to meet you. It’ll be a fun school year.” said Carter smiling

“Hello Carter. I’m Avee Leons, It’s a pleasure to meet you.” said Avee smiling back.

 

[During Lunch]

 

Avee quickly pack her things and drag both Jessica and Tifa out of class with her. They all soon came to a stop to their favorite place to hang out, the rooftop.

“Jessica, Tifa… I think he’s the one.” said Avee looking at them.

The two of them look at Avee and then at each other. Tifa then place her hand on Avee’s forehead and then look at Jessica.

“No fever at all.” said Tifa looking at Jessica.

“Are you ok Avee? Saying that he’s the one so quickly is a bit weird.” said Jessica as Tifa nods in agreement.

“Well you know last night I was being chase down by three men dress in black.” said Avee curling her leg.

“WHAT?” both Tifa and Jessica shock as they confronted worriedly her.

“And you tell us this now?” said Jessica.

“But I was saved. I was saved by someone. He looks somewhat like the new boy in class, but… but I can’t figure it out. That man who saved me has longer hair.” said Avee thinking.

“Or unless he cut his hair.” said Tifa

“But he had long nails too.” said Avee seeking answers.

“Well then he probably cut them.” said Tifa again

“Well if you really think that he’s the one then let’s go see for ourselves.” said Jessica getting up.

“Going to see who?” said Cory standing behind Jessica.

She quickly turns around in surprise and almost fell, but Cory caught onto her and held her tightly towards him. Everyone look at the two of them and stood far away from Cory and Jessica. Jessica and Cory separate themselves to find the rest of the gang huddle up at the far corner.

“Could it be that they’re dating.” ask Darwin.

“It could be.” said both Tifa and Gavin, the two of them look at each other and lock eyes.

The four of them gasp and scoots far away from the two of them as well at Cory and Jessica. They then huddle up into another group.

“So it’s true!” said the four of them and then they all gasp. They then look at one another.

“Are we all in LOVE TOO??” question the four of them dramatically joking as they all burst out laughing.

“But for sure the four of them are in love as well. I mean look at them.” said Taeden looking at them as the four of them angrily look back at them.

“Ummm I think it’s better to start running now. I mean look at them.” said Panda being the first one to run out the door.

Then the three of them dashes out through the door, one by one the other four chases them. Bursting out of the roof top door into the hallway, they all went their own separate ways. Avee quickly ran down the stairs avoiding in bumping into people, she then turn to her right running down the hall of the third floor. As soon as she reaches the corner she made a quick turn bumping into someone, the person she bumps into fell to the ground, causing her to fall with him as well. She landed on top of him as she slowly tries to get back up, but stop half way. She looks at the person and then notice that it was the new student, Carter who she fell on top of. Her face was only just a couple of inches away from his. He then opens his eyes from the fall and look at Avee who was still a couple of inches away from his face. Avee quickly got back up on her feet and help Carter up as well.

“Ah! I’m so sorry.” said Avee looking down to her feet.

He then chuckle, “It’s alright. What are you running from?” he asks curiously.

“Ah!” she then remembers that she was running away from her brother and her two best friends.

“I saw her running down this way Jessica.” said Tifa, as the two of them ran down the same hallway as Avee did. Right when they turn the corner, they continue running pass the dark storage room that Avee and Carter was hiding in.

Carter held Avee close to his chest, every breath that he took, she heard it all. She heard the steady heartbeat of his, the sound of him swallowing his saliva, and the rushing of his blood through his body to his muscular bicep.

“Ok. I think you’re good. They just ran pass the room.” said Carter as he looks at her. He quickly separates them apart and looks towards the door, “Um. I’ll get going now then.”

 Avee quickly ran towards him and hugs him from the back, Carter was in shock. Avee held him tightly, but then Carter separates her hands from his body.

“I’m sorry, but you belong to someone else.” said Carter as he opens the door and left her standing there.

‘I belong to someone else? I belong to who, who is this Carter guy. I thought if I hug him from the back I would be able to tell if he was the one who saved me from last night. But…. But… but why does it feel so similar yet so different and strange. It somehow feels like he’s the one from last night. I would of have thought that if I hug him I’ll be able to find this human fox my grandpa speak of, but I guess this is impossible. Is Carter my mysterious fox?’ She fell to her knees and tears began to fall from her eyes.

*             *            *               *                *              *                   *                *

Carter walks pass the shrine gate and into the temple. He made his way to his brother’s room, he found his brother sitting outside his room looking out to the cherry blossom that just bloom during the spring.

“How was school today Carter? How was my reincarnated wife?” ask Carter’s older brother.

“It was fine. She looks the same, just the same 700 year ago.” said Carter.

“If this is all, may I take my lead.” said Carter as he stood up and walk towards the door.

“Carter, the only reason I ask of this for you is because you are the only one to have human features. This royalty power that I hold is becoming too powerful, I can’t hide any of my fox features like you can. One day this power will come to you, until then please do me this one favor. I love you and you know that right?” said Carter’s older brother.

“Yes.” said Carter as he walks out the room closing the door behind him.

He stood there with tears in his eyes, as they fell one by one he slid down and sat there crying. ‘Why? Why? Why? Have this scar not fade away yet. I have become this cold fox for over 700 years. Yet, I have not forgotten her. My love… my love for her still lingers around me. She’s so close but so far away. No memories of us being together, no memories of us loving each other, and no memories of me in her heart. Why can’t I erase all of these pains? These scars that have been carved into me, I want her. I want her to only be mine. I can’t do anything but heal myself from these painful wounds of seeing her every day. How can I forget her when she’s there beside me?’ Carter began to slightly cry, as he clench onto his shirt where his heart is throbbing from all the pains.

 

To Be Continue…..

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AUTHOR'S NOTE

SORRY GUYS! I have to go on a hiatus for a while. After finals that's when I will start posting up more chapters. Please be paitent, I'll update after my all my finals. Stressful week. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter.