Chapter 6

A Fox Tale

Sorry guys that I haven't been updating the story, I have been really busy lately with all my upcoming exams and all. Cramming all my studying, but here's a chapter for you guys. I promise after these crazy exams I will write the next chapter to this and post it up soon, so I'll be in a hiatus for a while. Sorry for posting only one chapter. Please comment below, even you silent readers. It helps encourage me to continue writing the story. ^^

========================================================================================================================

Chapter 6

            ‘From the distance a woman dress in rags came running breathlessly. She kept running as if she was being chase down. As she ran closer towards me she passes through me like a ghost would. I felt a cold breeze follow behind her as I turn towards the same direction she was running too. With the noise I heard from behind me I quickly turn around to see a group of fox soldiers chasing after her. They were tall, running like a human, and even speaking. I began to run following that girl. I don’t understand why she is being chase, but I suddenly want to help her. Then a sudden person appears in front of her making me stop in my steps. That person held onto her tightly. He threw some white flakes that looks like snow in the air, causing the soldiers to lose track of her as they ran pass them. However, why is it that I can still see them? The girl had tears rolling down her cheeks pleading to him. He on the other hand did not budge at all even when tears were constantly falling from his eyes. He lean in closer to her and kissed her under the bright moonlight that shone on them. I could feel it. I could feel both of their pains. His kiss was not just any kiss, but a kiss of goodbye. I don’t understand this at all. I suddenly felt a pair of yellow eyes staring at me with the same affection towards the girl. I glance at the kissing couple to find that man staring at me as tears fell from my eyes.’

            Avee’s eyes shot open as she quickly sat up in bed. She was soaked in her clothes with sweats. She looks out her window as she sat in bed. Her eyes still fill with tears as she stares at her trembling hands. The sun was shining brightly through her window. It was only 5:30 in the morning yet the sun was already shining so brightly. Avee got out of her bed and walk to her bathroom. She turns on her shower and began to take off each pieces of her clothing off. She felt icky from being soaked in her sweats.

            After 30 minutes Avee walk out of the shower. She walks to the mirror wiping away the fog up mirror. After wiping back and forth a couple of times Avee saw a figure outside her bathroom window through the mirror.

‘What was that? This is the second floor.’ thought Avee as she quickly walks out of her bathroom covering herself with a towel.

From outside gazing over the Leons residence was Carter. He saw spirits, good and bad ones surrounding Avee’s house, with a paper in his hand written seal, he began to chant a spell. The papers went flying all around Avee’s house creating a huge invisible seal that would protect her and her family from harm. One by one the spirits vanish from inside her house. Carter let out a small sigh as he quickly return back home.

As he quickly approaches his house he saw his brother Saga waiting for him. He land safely in front of Saga kneeling on knee down to his brother. Saga smiles at him and pats his head.

“Good job Carter.” said Saga, “Now quickly, you need to get going to school. Make sure you protect Avee as well.”

Carter quietly bow to Saga and ran off to get dress for school. In a flash he came back out dress in his school uniform. “I’ll be on my way then.”

“Be careful.” said Saga as he watch Carter speed off to school. Saga stood in the same spot feeling the presence of an unwanted guest. Fast as lightening Saga disappear from his spot and appearing from behind the unwanted guest. His bright yellow eyes glare at her with his finger nail to her neck.

A smirk crawl to the girls face, “Well, well, well. I guess I’ve been caught.” she said confidently.

Saga grasp on to her neck, “What are you doing here in the human world? Who gave you permission?”

“Same question goes to you as well. Aren’t you gone too long from your throne, your majesty.” She said escaping from his grasp.

“State your name.” said Saga glaring at here.

She stares at him and gave him a sweet smile, “We’ll meet again soon.” She said as she disappears with the gust of wind.

Saga stood there as he watches the gust of wind fly off into one direction.

*             *            *               *                *              *                   *                *

*Ding Dong Ding Dong Ding Dong Ding Dong*

As Avee sat in the classroom she could see unusual things that other people cannot see spirits. Her eyes began to tear up as all the spirits creepily slowly turn their head towards her. The spirits slowly began to make their way towards her as she quickly stood up from her seat. The teacher along with everyone else in the room stares blankly at her. Suddenly as Avee looks at all their faces, it began to change into monsters. Tears began to fall as she slowly back away from everyone. Carter then suddenly got up from his chair and grasp hold of Avee’s shoulder. She looks at him with a terrified expression and then fainted in his arms.

Carter stares at her concern as he picks her up in his arms carrying her like a princess. “Teacher, I will take Avee to the nurse’s office.” The teacher shook his head in agreement and Carter was on his way carrying her to the nurse’s office. As soon as they arrive to the nurse’s office the nurse quickly walks up to them.

“What happened here?” ask the Nurse concern.

“She fainted in class. It may be due to the lack of sleep.” said Carter.

“Alright.” said the Nurse as she prepares the bed by the window for Avee, “Place her here.”

Carter walks over to the bed with Avee still in his arms. He carefully laid her down on the bed and stare at her with a soft expression being concern about her. The Nurse looks at Carter then at Avee.

“She must be your girlfriend huh.” ask the Nurse with a smile as she check Avee’s heartbeat.

Carter blushes and looks at the Nurse, “N… No she’s not my girl… girlfriend.” He shudder a bit.

The Nurse smile and giggle at his coyness, “Okay, you get on back to class. I’ll take care of her.”

Carter couldn’t refuse a school staff and so he head back to class. When he opens up the door he felt a small cold breeze pass through him, he took a small swift sniff of the scent. As soon as Carter left Avee slowly opens up her eyes a bit seeing the school Nurse. Just then everything began to shake and things began to fall off the shelves. The school Nurse was blown towards the wall hitting her head hard. Avee who couldn’t do anything witness it all. She suddenly heard footsteps coming closers towards her. She looks around but saw no one in sight. Avee then flung back onto the bed. She felt a pair of cold hands on her neck strangling her.

‘Help… Someone help me.’ She calls out in her mind as she struggles to knock the pair of cold hands away.

*             *            *               *                *              *                   *                *

As Carter was getting near class the scent that he inhales a while ago smelt familiar to him. He knew that he smelt it somewhere before, but he just don’t remember who exactly. As he thought about, he walks into class and sat down in his seat.

‘The scent smells almost like Naomi, but it can’t be her. She can’t be here in the human world unless she…got…permission…’ thought Carter as he slowly thought it through, ‘If she got permission. That means Avee…is in trouble.’ Carter quickly scribbles something on a note and left the classroom.

Everyone stares at Carter as he ran out the classroom doors. Tifa and Jessica turns to Carter’s desk. Jessica reaches over and grabs the paper that Carter scribbled on as the two of them look at what it said.

Avee in trouble, bring our things.

Tifa and Jessica look at one another with wide eyes and quickly stood up from their desk as well.

“YAH! What the heck is going on? Why are you guys standing up?” shout the teacher.

“We’re sorry teacher.” They both said.

“It’s just that Jessica isn’t feeling well, and she really needs to go to the nurse’s office.” said Tifa packing her things as well as Jessica.

“Then Jessica, you go alone.” said the teacher.

Jessica and Tifa walk over to Carter and Avee’s seats and starts packing their things.

“Well you see teacher. I have to go with Jessica. She can’t make it without me.” said Tifa as she looks over to Jessica giving her a signal.

Jessica looks at Tifa with wide eyes and slowly fell down to the ground as she pretend to moan in pain.

“You see. She needs my help.” said Tifa exaggerating.

“AIISH! Then hurry up and get out.” Shout the teacher.

Jessica quickly stood up holding onto her school bag and Avee’s school bag as well.

“Okay!” said the two of them loud and clear as they both rush out the door, closing it behind them.

Tifa was nudging Jessica’s head in the hallway, “Aish. Your acting was so off.”

“It’s not my fault. What did you want me to do? Stumble over some chairs and desks.” said Jessica.

“Will that would be great, but this is no time to argue. We got to go help Carter save Avee.” said Tifa as the two of them ran to the nurse’s office.

By the time Carter arrives to the nurse’s office, he saw the room in a total mess. He looks around and saw the Nurse unconscious by the wall. He walks closer to the bed and notice that Avee wasn’t there anymore.

‘Naomi must have notice my presence and so she fled with Avee.’ thought Carter standing by the bed. He then stare out the window and notice someone standing on a tree branch staring at him. Carter glares at the spot and notice it was Naomi holding onto Avee by the neck up in the air ‘This is the second floor. If she lets go of Avee, but I can’t risk that.’

 “NAOMI! DON’T YOU DARE!” shout Carter as his eyes began to turn yellow. His ears pop out as his long nine tails slowly fades out showing themselves. He began to snarl as he saw Avee’s unconscious face.

Naomi lifts her thumb from Avee’s neck tempting in making Carter angry. Tifa and Jessica soon arrive as they saw the room in a mess and the unconscious Nurse. Unexpectedly a gust of wind swooshes out of the window as the two of them cover their face.

“What was that?” ask the two of them.

In a flash Carter stood beside Naomi with his hand to her neck. A small smile crept onto her lips.

“Hehe. I can never beat you and your brother at your lightning speed.” said Naomi with a small sigh.

“Let Avee go.” said Carter.

Naomi’s expression began to change to jealousy, “As you wish.” She then let go of Avee as Avee fell.

“AVEE!” shout Carter as he pushes Naomi out of the way jumping after Avee.

He grabs hold of Avee’s wrist and pulls her close to him as they fell hard to the ground. Carter had cushion Avee’s fall as he laid there and taking in the pain from the hard fall. Naomi quickly left the scene.

‘Stupid Carter… It’ll always be this way is It.’ thought Naomi.

 

 

 

The End of Chapter 6.

 

===================================================================================================================

I hope you enjoyed it. Please leave a comment below. ^^