Chapter 1

A Fox Tale

 

 

"It is said that a fox like human has been asleep for over 700 years. Every 700 years the fox like human comes out in search for a mate, but fails at the sight of being spotted by human due to his abnormal features. These demons and humans live in a parallel universe as to they may cross paths with one another. If you're not careful, they can the life out of you and take your heart. So before you approach strangers, be careful of who you meet. They could be demons, or fox, or spirits." said the old man sitting on the couch joking with his grandchildren.

The little girl and her brother both look amaze from hearing the story that their grandpa has told them.

      "Grandpa, what happens if a demon and a human fall in love?" asked the little girl curiously sitting up straight leaning towards her grandpa.

      "Hmmm... Well you see Avee There have never been such a historically evidence of a demon and a human falling in love.  But a demon and a human can never be together." said their grandpa shutting his eyes.

            “What about a human and a fox?” asked Avee curiously.

            “Same as well my curious little granddaughter.” said her grandpa chuckling he tap her tiny nose.

      "Why is that grandpa?" said the little girl climbing into her grandpa's lap.

      "Because they could eat your heart out." said the little boy scaring his little sister.

      The little girl pouted at what her brother had done. The grandpa laughed at his grandson's joke and comfortably cheered up his granddaughter.

 

< 11 years later >

 

BEEP BEEPBEEPBEEP

 

The sound of her alarm rang in the early morning along with the chirps of the birds. She sat up in bed and pushes the button on her alarm clock to quiet it. She began stretching her arms as she walk towards the door.

"AVEE! Wake up!" exclaim her mother from downstairs.

"I'm already awake mom!" exclaim Avee rushing to the restroom.

Avee soon return to her room as she got dressed for school. She wore a long black stripes white sweater just a bit above her buttocks, with black leggings under her sweater. She ties her long beautiful light brown hair into a ponytail to the side of her head. She quickly slips her feet into her flats grabbing her backpack as she left her room to the kitchen. She sat down on the stool and look around at her father's plate, then to her brother's plate to see what they had for breakfast. Her mother turns around putting bacons and eggs down on her plate, then pouring orange juice in her glass cup. She picks up her silver fork and pricks at the bacon. Then her brother suddenly threw his fork on the table and ran to the bathroom. By the time he came back she was already done with her breakfast. She looks at him with a questionable expression.

    "I had to take a...... ..." said her brother embarrassed.

    "Ok let's go to school." said Avee laughing.

            On the ride over to school it was quiet, until Avee broke the silence. She looks at her brother who was in a white plain t-shirt with a dark blue cardigan over his plain t-shirt, with a dark jean and a pair of vans. He had dirty blonde hair with autumn hazel eyes the structure of his face is long with sharp cheek bones. He looks out the window gazing at the people as they drove by.

            “Cory…” said Avee looking down to her hands, “Do you believe in what grandpa told us?”

            “What he told us? What did he tell us?” asked Cory confuse switching his gaze to her.

            “Don’t you remember? When we were 5 years old, he told us about the human fox who comes lurking out in search of a mate.” said Avee looking up from her hands to Cory.

            “Oh about that, well what are you trying to tell me?” said Cory looking back out the window.

            “Well I’m saying what if…. What if I was that soul mate that he is searching for?” said Avee with excitement.

            “What if the human fox was a woman?” said Cory uninterested.

            “Then she’ll come after you.” said Avee without hesitation.

            “Wha? What are you talking about?” said Cory surprise.

            “She’ll come after you if it’s a woman. She’ll make you her husband. I would so accept her as my future sister-in-law!” said Avee in excitement fantasying about the things they could do together.

            “Avee, you’re too crazy about fantasy. The things grandpa told us is not true at all. Don’t believe in those kinds of thing. People will think you’re weird.” said Cory concern about his younger sister, but at the same time he pats her on the head to comfort her.

            Avee looks back down to her hands and then lift her head up slowly looking out the window. She then notices a figure standing there looking straight at her, as if he knew she was coming. She glues herself to the window as she passes by him. He just stood there looking at her, and she didn’t know why. ‘But of course it could be anybody, he could be staring at anybody. But why was he dress so differently?’ she thought as she slowly sat back down in her seat.

            A couple minutes later they both arrive at the school gate. Both Avee and Cory got out of the car and walk pass the open gate. She stop in her steps and look back, she shook her head to get it off her mind. As she continues with her steps she heard a mysterious voice, “Hello Avee…” she stop in her steps again frighten. She turns around once more and there was nobody there that said hello, nobody had called her name. She covers her ears and quickly ran towards Cory.

            “Cory! Cory! Cory!” said Avee as she caught up to her brother, “I… I heard it. I heard a voice. It… It said “Hello Avee”” she tried to imitate the mysterious voice.

            Cory chuckles at her cuteness, “Avee, This is what I’m talking about. You’re letting the fantasy get to you.” He pats her head and went to his friends and she went to her friends.

            ‘That jerk, he dare mock me. I know I heard the voice and I am not lying!’ she screams inside her head glaring straight ahead.

            Avee sat in her class learning some difficult math problems. ‘I don’t get this at all. What should I do? How am I going to pass my exams?’ She thought as she sat there taking notes, but just not understanding a thing the teacher is lecturing about.

            ‘Haha but I can help you.’ said the mysterious voice.

            ‘There it goes again. It’s that mysterious voice again. What does this voice want?’ thought Avee as she froze in her seat.

            After her last class Avee quickly ran to her brother’s last class to confront him. When she got there he barely came out of his classroom. She tackles him and pulls him to the side.

            “Cory! Cory! Cory! I… I heard it again. I heard it in the morning, and then before class was over. Cory! Am I going insane?” said Avee about to cry.

            Cory looks at her and pats her head to calm her down from crying, “No Avee. I don’t believe you’re going insane, but if you said you really heard that mysterious voice… I’ll… I’ll believe you. What did that voice say?”

            “It said what I told you in the morning and “Haha but I can help you.”” said Avee freak out as she imitate the mysterious voice.

            “Help you on what?” ask Cory confuse.

            “Help me in math. I was thinking to myself that math was difficult and I don’t know how I will be able to pass. And then I heard the voice.” said Avee pacing back and forth in the hallway.

            “Let’s go home and talk to grandpa about this. He may know something.” said Cory as he drags her by the hand.

            “Who is she to be holding hands with Cory like that?” said one of the female students.

            “If you guys really like Cory that much, you guys should know that she’s his baby sister.” said one of Cory friend with the blonde hair.

            “What? His sister, we never knew that he had a sister.” said another female student.

            “Because you guys are idiots!” said another one of Cory’s friend with dark brown hair.

            “Ha ah ha! Good one Panda.” laugh Cory’s friends walking away from the “idiotic girls” as they head towards the school gate.

*        *        *       *       *         *        *         *       *      *      *      *   

“Grandpa! Grandpa! Grandpa! Grandpa~!” scream Avee as she rush through every room just to find her grandpa.

Her grandfather chuckles at her enthusiastic energy just to find him, “I’m in here dear.”

“GRANDPA! Where have you been? I have been searching for you all over the house.” said Avee acting dramatic.

He chuckle once more, “What is it dear? You sound so eager to see me.” said her grandpa holding onto her fragile hand.

Just then Cory enters the room after taking off his shoes. He greets his grandfather and notices that Avee has not taken off her shoes.

“Avee go take your shoes off.” said Cory walking towards them and sitting down next to them.

Avee looks at her foot and saw that her shoes were still on, “Ah! Sorry.” she quickly ran out the room and took off her shoes. She ran back inside quickly and plots herself to the same spot.

“Grandpa! Before I walk into the school gate I heard a voice and then during my math class I heard it again. What is going on grandpa? Am I going insane?” ask Avee freaking out.

“Well Avee my dear. What did the voice say to you?” ask her grandfather chuckling a bit.

“Well before I walk into the school gate I heard the voice say, “Hello Avee” she mocks the mysterious voice’s accent. “And then in math class I heard it say, “hahaha but I can help you.” What does it mean grandpa?” said Avee firmly looking into her grandpa’s eyes wanting to seek the truth behind the mysterious voice that she heard.

Her grandpa returns the favor by staring firmly back into his granddaughter’s eyes, and then his eyes soften. “Truthfully I don’t know why you heard those voices, because I am no expert on this.” said her grandpa as he shift his seating position to a more comfortable position.

“See Avee. I was right. You’re head is just fill up with imagination of your fantasy novels and manga. There’s no such thing as a human fox. So just get over it and find a boyfriend ok, just give it up.” said Cory lying against the closet drawer.

“BUT! I know what I heard! Even if you don’t believe me, you have never believed in me before all this. I hate you Cory! Don’t ever talk to me again!” yells Avee bursting into tears as she ran out of her grandpa’s room.

Cory let out a sigh of distress over his little sister who was a year younger than him. His grandpa glances over to Cory.

He let out a huge sigh, “Well you have done it Cory. Go cheer up your sister.” said his grandpa.

Cory let out another sigh, “Alright, I know how stubborn she is so I’ll go cheer her up.” He bow down respectfully towards his grandpa and left his room shutting the door behind him.

Their grandpa watches as Cory closes the door behind him. He let out a small sigh, “How these kids have grown. They are already maturing up to be husbands and wives.” But then he remembered what Avee had said to him before about the mysterious voice. “What is this mysterious voice that my granddaughter is talking about? I must have a talk with my friend. He must know something about it.”

*             *            *               *                *              *                   *                *

Cory knocks on Avee’s bedroom door but there was no answer. He knocks on the door again but no response. He then opens the door to find her window open, he ran to the window. She had already escapes off somewhere. He rubs his hair out in frustration and ran downstairs.

 

*             *            *               *                *              *                   *                *

Damn Cory! I hate him. He never believes in me, since the day I was born. Who does he think he is? Oh right my older brother. But still he had never trust me in doing things alone. I wish… I wished that he’d just believe in me this once. THAT JERK!’ she thought as she kept walking down the street. Just then a car pulls up beside her and it made her stop in her tracks. The car window rolls down and there sat a man with sunglass and black hair.

“Hey, are you alone?” ask the man in the car.

Oh gosh! This usually happens in manga and movies. Where the girl is alone and there’s always those punks who comes and try to… to… torture her or even worse her. Waaah! I got to get out of here.’ she thought as she took a couple of steps backwards.

“Come on lets go have some fun. I’ll buy you some real nice clothes, that’ll make you really pretty. Come join us, I promise it won’t take long at all.” said the man in the car as he his lips.

US?’ she thought. Just then the back door opens up. There stood two guys in black suits. Avee slowly back away, each time that they took a step closer. She then quickly turns around sprinting away from the men as they all chases after her. She kept running until she arrives at the local park and at a time where there’s no one to be near. If she were to scream at this moment nobody would hear her. ‘Someone please help me.

The three men who were chasing her soon arrive in front of her. Avee stood there frozen stiff. The two men who sat at the back ran towards her as she closed her eyes shut, but in a jiff they were knocked down to each side. Avee then open her eyes to find a tall mysterious man helping her. He was dress differently and he had long beautiful light brown hair.

“Go hide.” said the mysterious man. Avee did as she was told and hid in a place where she could see what was going on.

That voice… It’s like I have heard it before.’ she thought as she watch the mysterious man take a hold of one of the man’s neck and throwing him far away. ‘What power he has. Could it be?’ the mysterious man then punches one of them in the face and then attacking the stomach. He then quickly finishes them one by one. The three men who were chasing Avee ran away in fear. As soon as the three of them ran away, Avee quickly ran towards the tall mysterious man clenching onto him from the back.

“Thank you, but who are you? Are you perhaps?” ask Avee curious.

Could he be the human fox that I have been searching for? Is it you?’

To Be Continue…..