Chapter 3

A Fox Tale

“Goodbye Mr. Kim. Thank you for driving us to school every day.” said Avee closing the door behind her. Right when she turns around Cory had already walked on without her, “Hold up Cory!?” she chases after him. “OH! Jessica!” exclaim Avee running to her.

Just the slight of hearing Jessica’s name Cory blushes bashfully looking the off to somewhere else. Avee drag Cory along to go say hi to both Jessica and Tifa.

“Come on Cory. I know you like Jessica.” said Avee dragging him until they both arrive in front of them.

“Hey guys!” said Jessica giving Avee a hug and then Cory.

“Tifa!” said Avee smiling as she excitedly hugs Tifa.

“Cory’s friends soon arrive to where the four of them were at. As they all stood there laughing and joking around. Groups of student stood there admiring the group of pretty people.

“They look like models.” said one of the male students.

Some of the students were even jealous of them being together. They want to join in but can’t with the five top hottest males and three of the top cutest female.

See Carter walking through the gate, Avee quickly rushes toward him, and link arms with him. Carter look at her confuse, she quickly tug him and the both of them rush towards the others.

“Who’s this kid?” ask Cory glaring at Carter and then notice that Avee and Carter were still linking arms. He quickly separates the both of them and stood between them.

Avee glares at Cory and then went to the other side to link arm with Carter again, “Everyone this is Carter a new student in our class. He’s a great guy.”

“How do you know if he’s so great?” ask Taedon putting his arm around her shoulder.

Cory eyes grew wider and became protective of them being too close with his younger sister. He separates Avee from Carter and Taedon. She then escapes from Cory’s protection and went back to the same spot. The rest of the guys were just staring at Cory crazily messing with him.

“Oh! Don’t worry you guys. In my heart all of you guys are wonderful men.” said Avee winking at them

The bell soon rang for class to start as they all went to their class. Avee link arm with Carter and was smiling having a conversation with him and the girls.

“Damn that little…” said Cory out of frustration.

The guys all pat Cory on the shoulder.

“Dude you’re too over protected.” said Gavin as the five of them walk to class together.

*             *            *               *                *              *                   *                *

After their teacher gave his lecture he left the class room and the bell rang for lunch. Avee grab her lunch box and notice that Carter had brought nothing to eat.

“Carter!!!! Let’s have lunch together. Come on.” said Avee dragging him along as she smiles at him.

Avee link arms with Carter and drag him where their favorite hang out place was at. They arrive at the top of the roof, and Avee quickly sat Carter down next to her. After a few minutes Cory and his friends arrive to the rooftop. Cory purposely went and sat in between Avee and Carter. Avee pouts and punch her brother on his upper arm. Avee scoot Cory towards Jessica and the two of them immediately blush.

“Sit next to your love Jessica.” said Avee stubbornly.

“Avee!” yell the two of them embarrass.

Avee quickly sat down next to Carter again and opens up her lunch box. She lay out all six containers with kimbaps, onigiris, egg rolls, fruits, sushis, and sandwhichs.

“Here! Let’s all share! Since someone forgot his lunch box at home.” said Avee as she glares at Cory and then she brightly smiles at Carter handing him a fork.

Avee grab a slice sandwich and hands it to Carter. He accepts the slice sandwich and ate it.

‘Wah! This is delicious. I have never taste anything like this.’ thought Carter as he ate it some more. He glace at Avee and notice that she was staring at him. She chuckles at his amusement of the delicious sandwich and hands him a sushi. He eats it willing, while everyone stares at him in amazement.

“Carter, have you never eaten these before?” ask Scur curiously eating.

            Carter tries to search for words as he hurriedly gobbles everything down, chocking a bit as he swallows. Avee quickly pour a cup of water for him to drink, he quickly gobble down some water to smooth it down.

            “Well you see… I have never eaten this kind of food before. I never bring my own lunch because… well I have no parents.” said Carter

            “Aw, I’m sorry to hear that.” said Tifa feeling sad for Carter.

            Carter smile, “Thank you, but now I’m more use to it. I’m starting to learn how to cook a bit, but I’m not very good at it.”

            The gang laughs at him as the boys’ pats him on the back.

            “Don’t worry Carter. We’ll hold a cooking season someday to teach you how to cook.” said Jessica.

            “Hey are you guys going to invite us?” ask Cory

          “What are you guys talking about? Of course you guys are invited it’s going to be at Cory and Avee’s house.” said Tifa with a big smile on her face.

As they all start to eat they share jokes and had a couple of laughs enjoying one another’s company.

‘That smile, that face, and that laugh… I have missed them all.’ thought Carter as a tear fell from his eyes.

Avee look to Carter and saw him wiping the tear from his eye. She puts her hand on top of his to let him know that he’s not alone. He looks to her and saw the smile that he has always dreamt of seeing again in the past 700 years. He returns the smile and held her hand, squeezing it a bit.

*             *            *               *                *              *                   *                *

            Carter walks through the shrine gate and went into his brother’s room to report to his brother. He opens the door and closes it behind him. He stops in the middle of the room, he kneel down towards his brother. His brother turns towards Carter and chuckles.

            “Carter… Don’t be like that. Come sit here with me like the old days.” said his older brother.

            “Saga, now that you hold the name of royalty. I cannot act the same way as when we were kids. It’ll bring shame upon you.” said Carter looking to the floor.

            Saga let out a small sigh, “Is that how you really feel? Don’t be silly, come here.” he pats the empty seat next to him, smiling at him.

            Carter stood up and walk towards Saga sitting next to him. Right when Carter sat down, Saga laid his head on Carter’s shoulder. Carter was surprise to have Saga lying on his shoulder.

            ‘It has been how many years since we last sat down like this. Ever since he had accepted the title of the royal family, we have been drifting apart’ thought Carter staring at the cherry blossom.

            Carter began to think back into the past of when Saga accepted the title.

            “My eldest son Saga will be the next heir of our Royalty Family Fox. He will hold the title and carry us onto the next legacy.” said their father.

            Saga walks up to the podium, as he looks down to the staff and the citizens of the fox family turning to his father. Their father looks at Saga with a confidence look that Saga will be able to carry on the title as the strongest head of the family after him.

            2 years later

            “Saga!!! Let’s play.” said 12 years old Carter

            “I’m sorry Carter, but I’m busy. Maybe next time okay?” said sixteen years old Saga.

            Carter began to cry, “You never have time for me anymore. I hate you Saga!” he ran away from Saga as tears fell heavily from his eyes.

            “Carter!” exclaim Saga worriedly as he watches Carter run away from his sight.

            Carter ran straight out from the under realm and out of the Shrine doors. He bumps into a small girl who was about the same age as him. The two of them fell to the ground with the small fragile girl ending up with water splashing her.  The two of them looked at each other and laughed.

            “Carter… Carter…” said Saga, “Carter”

            Carter soon returns back into reality still sitting in the same spot with his brother. He then notices that tears were flowing out of his eyes.

            “Carter, are you alright?” ask Saga about to look at Carter, but he stop Saga from glancing at him.

            Switching position he sat back to back with Saga. Carter wipes all of his tears away, “I’m alright. Let’s just enjoy this moment together.” he slightly smiles as he continues looking at the cherry blossom bloom.

            “Yeah.” said Saga with a sigh staring into the sky.

*             *            *               *                *              *                   *                *

            The next morning Cory and Avee both sat down eating breakfast. The two of them looks at each other and then at their parents.

            “So… Mom and dad.” said Avee innocently, “You won’t be home at all today right? Since you guys are going to visit auntie right? What time will you guys be home?”

            The parents gave Avee and Cory with a suspicious look. They look at each other and continue on with what they were doing.

            “Yes, we won’t be home late. If not we may be home by tomorrow morning.” said their mother packing food for the drive to their sister’s house.

            “Well give us a call to let us know that you guys arrive safely there.” said Cory worrying about them.

            “Cory. You worry too much. What do your father look like to you? A non-capable man?” joke their father chuckling putting his newspapers down to help his wife pack the dishes in containers.

            “And beside honey, I’m more worry about the two of you being home alone.” said their mother still packing.

            “Why what happen to Grandpa?” ask Avee wondering.

            “Apparently he left to go visit a friend of his.” said their mother

            Their father then sigh, “My old man always did love to travel long distance.” he smiles.

            “Oh! I see!” said both Avee and Carter as the two of them glances at one another.

            Their mother looks at her watch and notice that the two of them were going to be late for school. She handers them their lunch bags and kisses them good-bye. She hands Cory the key to the house and the car.

            “Take care of your sister, okay.” said their mother.

            “I got it mom.” reply Cory as he look at the keys, “Oh no! Are we driving to school?”

            “Yes, we are willing to trust you in driving to school. We let the maids and driver Kim takes a vacation. You drive safely alright dear.” said their mother sending them off to school.

            “Have fun!” said their father sending them off.

            As soon as Cory starts the engine they drove off to pick up Jessica. As soon as they arrive to Jessica’s house she was outside waiting for them. She wore a blue with white circle. She wore a black flats and with her hair comb to one side curling them. Their car pulls up to the curb in front of her, the front door of the car flew open with Avee getting out. She pushes Jessica into the passenger seat and sat in the back seat alone.

            Cory glances quickly at Jessica and her outfit clearing his throat a bit. Avee looks at Cory and Jessica leaning in closer to them.

            “Come on Cory. Just tell her that she looks beautiful.” said Avee chuckling.

            “Avee!” said Jessica embarrassed.

            “Who do we pick up next?” ask Cory look at Avee through the rear view mirror

“Hmmm…. That’s it.” said Avee look up from her cellphone.

Cory drove back home to meet up with the rest of their friends. Taedon who arrives in his own car parking in their big drive way, he brought some liquor with home along with Darwin and Scur.

Another car soon drove up to the drive way, out came Tifa and Gavin from Gavin’s car. The two of them held hands smiling from embarrassed at each other. The whole group look at them and then at their hands.

“Well we brought vegetables, Lets go inside.” said Tifa walking to the door with Gavin following behind.

Cory opens the door and let everyone inside their beautiful huge house. Everyone gasp in amazement to Avee and Cory’s home. They all walk to the kitchen leaving their items on the counter. The doorbell soon rang a couple of minutes after as Avee ran to the door. She opens the door and it was Carter with drinks. She let him in and led him to the kitchen with the rest of the gang. Just the sight of Carter joining them they welcome Carter with a warm cheer. All the men left along with Tifa leaving Carter, Cory, Jessica and Avee behind. They discussed over what they were planning to cook and began without any further instruction. Carter and Avee were in charge of cutting up the meat and vegetables. Cory and Jessica were in charge of washing the ingredients that they needed.

“Oh! How big do I cut this bell pepper?” ask Carter confusedly holding the knife.

“You cut it about this big.” said Avee showing Carter the right way to cut the bell pepper.

He looked at her cut the bell pepper in amazement and continued on cutting it the same way that she did.

After cutting all the ingredients and cooking them, they began to set the table with all the food that they made. From the left to right they setting the plates; cups, forks, spoons, the barbeque shish kabob stick, kimchi pancake, ddukbokki, kimchi, kimbap, barbeque chicken, fruits, and five different drinks. Everyone began to gather around the food that and in a line they all began to eat. When they became full of eating they started to have fun, running and screaming at one another. They played volley ball to basketball. Eventually they all grew tired and lay around the pool. Avee walked away and then turn around facing the pool area where everyone was at. She ran in full speed and jump into the pool, making a big splash. Water flew out of the pool and onto everybody. When she surface from the bottom of the pool she swam over to the middle laughing at everyone who got wet. They all glare at her and sat at the end of the pool as they all start kicking their feet splashing her in the face. Avee swam to the other side of the pool and sat on the edge laughing holding onto her stomach. Someone sneak up from behind Avee and pushes her into the pool. Avee quickly resurface from the bottom of the pool as she turns behind her. It was Carter who had pushed her into the pool. She gave him a pouting look and he start feeling bad. He hands out his hand towards her and she accepts it, but then she quickly pulls him into the pool. They all look at Carter splash into the pool, but 5 seconds pass and he did not resurface from the bottom of the pool. They all quickly panic and Avee and the Cory drive into pulls him up. They lay him down on the side of the pool and Avee began to perform CPR. She pumps his chest constantly looking at him. She pinches his nose and locks her lips with his blowing air into his lungs. She starts pumping his chest again staring at him and then he coughs out water. Cory helps him sit up. Avee quickly hugs him holding onto him tightly.

Tears fell from Avee’s eyes clutching onto him, “Carter, I’m so sorry. I didn’t know you couldn’t swim.”

Carter pulls her away from him to clearly look her in the eyes, “Avee it’s not your fault. You didn’t know. I never told you, so don’t blame yourself.” He wipes the tears from her eyes as he gave her a gentle smile.

“I’m sorry.” said Avee wiping the tears from her eyes.

            The gang look at them as they all relief their stress with a gentle smile.

            That night they all began to prepare for bed.

            “Are you sure it’s alright if we all stay her tonight?” ask Jessica worry.

            “Jessica its fine, our parents won’t be home tonight.” said Avee

            “You know it’s too early for bed. Let’s stay up for a while and have some girl talk.” said Tifa gently smiling.

            Just then the doorbell rang and then it rang again. Cory and Avee walk out of their bedroom looking at one another. They walk down the stairs along with everyone else. Cory open the door to see that their grandpa had come back home. The shock on their face was priceless compare to their grandpa. He walks into the house and gently great all of the young children. He great them one by one until he was face to face with Carter. He stares at Carter eagerly. He looks at Avee and Cory.

            “Avee, Cory who is this young man?” ask their grandpa.

            “He’s Carter Greens grandpa. He recently transfers to our school.” said Avee confused.

            “This boy, he isn’t human is he?” ask their grandpa staring straight into Carter’s eyes.

            Carter and the rest of them stares at Avee’s and Cory’s grandpa confuse and shock to their grandpa’s question.

            ‘He isn’t human? What does grandpa mean by that? If he isn’t human then what is he? What does grandpa know that we don’t?’

 

To Be Continue…

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey guys. I'm so sorry for the late update. I didn't have internet to update you guys on the story. However, I hope you guys enjoy this chapter. ^^ I'll try to update chapter 4 soon. ^^