Chapter 5

A Fox Tale

The bells chimed as the bride dressed up in a beautiful silky white wedding dress with a long veil covering her face. The outer palace was decorated white from flowers to everything else except the bright red carpet. The groom stood at the end of the long aisle waiting for his bride. The room was filled with many people from the royal family of foxes. Among all of them whispers were heard all over the room and then the door opened. There the door revealed the beautiful human bride that everyone been whispering about. The bride made her way down the aisle staring at the only color in the room that was not white. On each side of her stood families, citizens, and allies of the royal fox family. She was halfway down the aisle as she looked up seeing a familiar face beside the groom. She stared at him as tears began to roll down her face clenching onto her teeth.

The sounds of the loud bell turn into the sound of alarms. Avee’s eyes shot open as tears began to fall from her eyes. As she sat in bed the tears constantly kept coming unable to stop. Her breathe became unstable as it became harder for her to breathe.

‘What is wrong with me? Why do I feel like crying so much? This pain in my chest hurts. Who was that bride? How is it that I can feel her pains? Ah! This pain.’ thought Avee as tears constantly feel from her eyes. She clench onto her bed sheet as the other hand clench on to her shirt where the chest was in pain.

Cory happens to be walking into her room to wake her up, but instead he found her crying. Rushing to her side he didn’t know what to do. He puts both of his hands on her should and look at her. Her face was pale, her hairs soak in her sweats and she couldn’t breathe regularly.

“Avee, what’s the matter? Avee? Are you hurt anywhere? Why are you crying?” said Cory concern.

She clenches onto Cory’s shirt as the pain from within her began to calm down a bit. She looks at Cory as her eyes slowly began to close. She fell towards Cory’s shoulder and feel asleep. He held onto her not knowing what to do. He quickly lay her down in bed and ran out of her room calling his parents and grandpa up to Avee’s room. By the time they arrive to her room Avee was already awake and dressed. Cory stood at the door speechless as the elders look at Avee confuse. The elders look at Cory angrily for causing a mishap of commotion in the morning when Avee was perfectly fine. Avee glances at them and smile at their silliness as she walks into her bathroom. She stood in front of the mirror as a tear fell from her eyes. She turns on the water and began to splash water on her face. She looks at herself in the mirror again with her face wet as she thought back to the dream. Her chest began to tighten again when she thinks about the dream. She quickly closes the water and grabs her towel drying off her face. She brushed her teeth and left her bathroom to her makeup table. She sat there looking completely blank.

‘Why ? Why did I have such a dream? Why did I cry? Wasn’t that dream supposed to be the happiest dream a person can ever have? I don’t understand this dream or why I woke up feeling her pains as well. Who were those people in my dream? Their faces were so blurry I couldn’t even make out their faces.’ she thought as she quickly apply some skin care products on her face and grab her bag walking down stairs. She sat down with her family who were already eating breakfast. As she sat down her family were looking at her. She glances at them and continue eating her breakfast. After their breakfast they each took their pack lunch that their mother prepared for them and got in the car to school.

30 minutes later they arrive to school. Avee and Cory left the car and proceed inside the school gate. Cory glances over to Avee who still looks a bit pale.

“You should of have stay at home.” said Cory worry.

Avee smile at Cory, “Its ok. I can still move.”

Cory let out a huge sigh and pats her head, “Ok then. I’ll be heading to class.” He left her and quickly ran to class as the school bell began to ring.

Avee on the other hand didn’t walk to class, but to the rooftop. The bell rings once more alerting students that class is starting. Jessica, Tifa and Carter sat in their seat noticing that Avee wasn’t there in her seat. They all look at one another as the teacher walk into their classroom.

Avee stood there on the rooftop staring off into the distance. She stood there with her pale face as she remembers back to her dream. As soon as she thought about it her chest began to tighten. She quickly grab hold of her shirt where the pain was throbbing from with her free hand she held onto the fence to support her. However she lost strength from her leg and suddenly collapse on the ground.

*             *            *               *                *              *                   *                *

At the Greens residence a lonely man none other than Carter’s older brother, he stood at the top of the stairs looking far into the distance. He inhales the clean air and exhaling it out. The air blew calmly as his long white hair flew gracefully along with the wind. He slowly closes his eyes shut and poof! From his human form to his fox form. His ears stuck up listening to the noise, as his nose sniffs the air, and with his bright yellow eyes he left the shrine.

*             *            *               *                *              *                   *                *

The bell soon rang for lunch. Tifa and Jessica walks to Carter and Avee’s seat sitting there with him. The two of them sigh.

“Where is Avee?” ask Jessica sadly.

“I don’t know.” said Tifa, “Maybe we should give Cory a call.” She took out her phone and was about to call Gavin, but Jessica stops her.

“Don’t call him. What if she came to school, but didn’t come to class. Let’s not make them worry and go search for her ourselves.” said Jessica getting up.

The three of them quickly search the school left and right from empty classroom to full ones. Carter ran and ran all over the school worry sick, wondering where she was at. He began to sniff the air to see if he could pick up her scent.

‘Is it because of me that she’s not here? Is what I did yesterday that terrible? Avee where are you? Are you ok?’ thought Carter worry.

Carter, Tifa and Jessica all met up by the stairs looking at one another, but just by looking at each other’s expression they knew she hasn’t been found yet. They turn their head to the stairs and quickly rush up the stairs. By the time they made it halfway to the stairs towards the rooftop the bell rang. They stop and look at one another and then back up the stairs. Jessica let out a loud grunt of frustration. Tifa grab onto Jessica’s hand and Carter’s shirt leading them back down the stairs. The three of them once again left to class depress.

The bell once again rang waking up Avee. She slowly opens her eyes as she sat up looking at the afternoon sun. She began to fill dizzy. She slowly tried to stand up with the support of the fences, with her pale face being exposes to the sun. She slowly made her way to the door and walk down the stairs to the open hall outside. A gust of cold wind blew pass her as she try to keep her body warm. Looking up to the bright sun rain began to fall from the sky.

“Oh! It’s raining? Could it be that an animal is crying?” she question as the rain kept falling down.

From beyond the bushes something was making noises. Avee heard the rustle of the bushes and look at the moving bushes. Out of nowhere a beautiful white fox with golden yellow eyes appear before her. She looks at the fox as the fox did the same thing. The white fox slowly approaches her as Avee bent down picking up the fox onto her lap. She looks at fox’s face and notice a tear stain at the corner of the fox’s eye. She wipes the tear stain and smile.

“Where you lonely? Don’t cry I’m here.” said Avee slightly smiling, “But what are you doing in a place like this? Supposedly you guys are to be extinct.” She pets the fox.

 The beautiful white fox looks up at Avee and her cheek and then her wrist. The white fox pierce its fangs into her wrist leaving two bite marks on her. Avee whimpers from the pain softly as she began to breathe heavily. She fell flat to the ground sitting as she lean against the wooden pole. Her eyes began to slowly close on her as she watches the white fox walk away. For a moment she thought a tall young man with long hair standing there just watching her, but disappear as soon as the white fox ran away. Her left arm where the bite was at began to feel pain. Her body temperature began to rise, it became harder for her to breathe, and she could feel her left arm at all but the heat.

Carter’s head jolt up from his notes and looks frighten. ‘No… It can’t be… It can’t be…’ he quickly raises his hands up in the air and told the teacher he was going to the restroom. He ran out of the room and down the stairs to the first level. He looks left and right sniffing for Avee’s scent. As soon as he caught onto her scent he ran straight there. He push open the door to the outside hallway and saw her laying there suffering from the seal that his brother has left on her wrist. As he walk towards her with a stern expression on his face with tears rolling down his cheeks. ‘I… I can’t lose her again like this. If I leave my seal on her too then… Then she will also be mine. I won’t lose her again.’ He thought and left up her right wrist to his mouth. He sadly yet passionately looks at Avee and then pieces his fangs into her right wrist. She gasp from the pain and began to feel her whole body burn up again. Tears began rolling down from her eyes as it once again became harder for her to breathe.

Carter picks her up and walks to the nurse’s office. The nurse was not in her office at the moment but he took her over to the bed and lay her down. He looks at her passionately and brushes the left over hair off of her face. ‘I’m sorry Avee. I’m sorry that you have to go through this once again. I know that I was stupid back in those years, but please don’t ever leave my side. You’re all I have got. Since the first time that I met you I have never stop loving you. Even when you married my brother I have never stop. Even if I tried to forget you I simply can’t when you keep appearing in front of me. Please… please… please just like this be by my side forever. I love you.’ thought Carter.

The words that he could never say to her were being choked back by the tears. He loved her more than anything. She was his shining light, but that light was taken away. But now he wants to fight for her. He has never stop thinking about her.

As he held onto her hand he knelt down to his knees crying.

 

 

 

To Be Continue…

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey guys I'm sorry that I haven't been updating. I have been really busy during the Summer Break and all. I'll like to thank you my readers and my First and awesome subscribers. Anna13, love_me, ShineeStar4ever, FanyLover99 its thanks to you guys for supporting me. I will try my best to update these next chapters. I hope you guys enjoy it. ^^ I'll be going on a Hiatus for a while. But when I have time I will try to update as soon as possible. I want to thank you guys once more for supporting me. I really appreciate it. Thank You *bow* :)

 

And Please leave a comment below. Silent readers Please also leave a comment. I'll be really grateful if you do and Thank you for reading. ^^