Pretend & A Date?

Never Mind Him

Baekhyun POV:

 Finally! I stretched out my arms after my 4th customer had left. Those weirdoes don’t know how to keep their hands to themselves. It’s like preschool all over again except it wasn’t out of curiosity or naivety. Those weren’t innocent touches for sure.

  Before any new customers could come in and request my lovely self, I timed-out for a short break by checking with the front-desk quickly. Happily, I skipped towards the lounge room and I knocked over JongIn or Kai accidently near the door. His arms waving in the air and he screamed before falling to the floor. He landed on his ‘gracefully.’ Gracefully, because Kai would never “land un-charmingly” like he would say.

 “Aigoo. I’m kind of sorry, Kai. I didn’t see you there." I sighed while extending my hand as a help to pull him off that dirty floor. Although truthfully I just wanted to push him back on the floor and give him a pathetic kick of mine to his face before hiding in the lounge room. I just wanted to take a break and Kai just had to come out when I finally got released from the hands of weird customers.

 “It’s okay, Baekhyun. If it makes you feel any better, I didn’t see you too Shorty. Are you on break by any chance?” Kai asked.

 “What! What? No. No. Just no, Kim Jongin. I’M NOT SHORT.” I fumed with every word spat pointing towards him. I hate being addressed short. I’m not short. The Byun Baekhyun is not short. It’s just everybody in the world is abnormally tall besides Kyungsoo is shorter than me.

 “If you are on your break don’t forget to meet and like Luhan.” Kai simply goes on as he didn’t just flat out offend me just a few seconds ago. “Also it’s Kai.” He mutters the last word and walks away silently. Kai is acting strange lately.

 Did he say I was supposed to meet someone? Meet who? Was I really supposed to meet somebo-....OH Wait. Luhan and my vacation is what I forgot. Oh My Gosh. I’m so stupid. How could I ever forget my one-way ticket to paradise? I did a full 360 degree turn from my original intentions to actually relax. Good bye to break and hello to possible vacation. I sped through the booths peeking my face in someone’s booth every once in a while to try to find the baby-faced teenager I saw before. I stopped at some mirrors to check on my hair because hair is just that important. Just because I don’t like this Luhan kid doesn’t mean I don’t have to charm my way into his heart. If I remember correctly one of the rules I have to accomplish is making the teen fall in love with me. This should be no biggie. It shouldn’t be too hard after all I am the top 3 most requested host in this little club. That has to make a impact, right? I kept walking around until I spotted a lock of honey blonde peeking above the booth.

 Ha. I finally found the little er hiding at the corner of the host club. I slid quietly in the booth that Luhan and his books were occupying. Those books were pretty much hogging up the entire space in the booth.

 “Baekhyun, the great and awesome, is here. I heard you needed to be hooked up with someone special and let me tell you. You are in luck because I’m someone extremely special.” I said comfortably hoping the little pick-up line would make him blush and fall in love with me even more. Instead I saw his stance stiffen up automatically from my voice. His head was lifted up from his book to meet me face to face. His eyes narrowed and changed quickly from annoyed to a deer in a headlights.

 “Hello? Hello? Luhan-ssi? Luhan?”I questioned while waving my hand in front of his face waiting for a reaction. It was like he didn’t even hear me. Maybe he was too in trance by my obvious handsomeness. I tried once more, “LUHAN-AH! Are you still in this planet by any chance?”

"I rather be with someone normal, not-special, or in other words a nobody." Luhan muttered quietly

"I can be nobody. Nobody is perfect. I'm perfect." I states plainly.

 Luhan shook his head as if he was clearing his head and went back to studying whatever textbook that has probably no use in life or basically ignoring my existence.

 “Hi!”

 “Hi!”

 “Hi!”

 “Hi!”

 “Hi!”

 “Hi!”

 “Hello?” I poked him on the shoulder between each word repeatedly.

 He put up his hand to signal to stop, but that just provoked me to do it even more. I started poking every part of his body I could reach and soon I switched to tickling the deer Lu. At first he didn’t seem to react, but soon Luhan was in giggles while rolling around on the booth seat.

 “HAHAHAHA! Stop whoever you are.” Luhan laughs with gasps in between.

 “It’s the AMAZING Baekhyun to you. Not just a whoever, gosh kids these days.” I took my hands off him and pulled him up back to sitting positions.

 “If you didn’t catch it the first few times I’m Baekhyun.” I reached out my hand to shake his. Luhan stared back and forth at my outstretched hand and my face for a while before extending his hand too.

 “Hi.” Luhan started until we heard someone *cough* Kim JongIn *cough* interrupted him. Seriously? I finally got him to speak to me and Kai somehow pokes in at the exact same time. This can’t be just a coincidence. Why is Kai always interrupting me anyways?

 “I see you guys are getting along quite well. Hmm yes?” Kai oddly smirked.

 “KAI GO AWAY!” We both shouted at the supposedly charming boss. Kai looked at us with surprised eyes before he quickly scurried away knowing that both of us weren’t in the mood for his quirkiness or plain weirdness.

 I probably shouldn’t be so hard on my boss, but today wasn’t exactly my best day. Some may call me diva or a guy on its period, but it’s neither. I just get a bit sensitive on some days.

 “Well done, man.” Luhan raised his hand up for a high five in which I answered cooly.

 “By the way I’m Luhan, Kai’s somehow best friend, and someone who will now applaud you for your awesomeness. By the way, I'm pretty sure I'm not a kid last time I checked. I'm probably even older than you.” Luhan introduced.

 “Older? Doesn't look like it but it's great to know at least someone appreciates my almighty self. I have a dream to one day form a Pathetic Hatred Kai Club every time Kai says something weird or praises himself or just being plain annoying.” I relied jokingly.

 “Good, good choice. I would support that club whole-heartedly. We could plan events to get back at Kai and if we're caught we could just bat some eyelashes while trying to look all innocent and stuff. He’s a er for cute things anyways.” Luhan concluded happily.

 I looked at him for a moment then exclaiming, “you sir, are a GENIUS.” I excitedly jumped around on my . Before I could get ahead of myself I paused because if I kept going soon I might become the President of the Pathetic Hatred Kai Club. Not that I wouldn’t like that. I then remembered my prized vacation and contest. I calmed down a bit and in a shushed voice I nodded him to come closer.

 “Look, I’m guessing you aren’t here by your own will with all these books surrounding you.” I paused. In which Luhan took advantage of that and interrupted, “Kai practically kidnapped me and blackmailed me to come here and then he threatened me so I wouldn’t leave.”

 “And you probably know about the matching making contest Kai set up. I don’t really want to date you as a lover truthfully, but I really want the vacation Kai promised as the prize. Can we pretend to like each other?” I continued.

 “Wait….WHAT?” Luhan shouted. I quickly covered his mouth and looked around to see if anyone heard us before shooting him a look of despair. Luhan started to mutter to himself, “ahh, jinja. I didn’t know he would go this far. Aish. Really?” I tried to pause his murmurs so he could maybe answer me. Instead he looked at me straight in the eyes and started blabbering, “Am I a prize? Did Kai use me in a contest like I was easy and nothing? Because this Luhan is not an easy key to a prize. I will not and deny that fact that I am treated that way.”

 “Look, I know you obviously don’t want to date yet, but think of it this way. If you pretend to date me, you can get Kai off your back on dating and I can go on a vacation. Technically you can go on the vacation too, but think about how great it would be for Kai to stop bothering you.” I quickly intervened. “Plus we could make a pretty awesome couple,” I added with my eyebrows up.

You could see how Luhan stopped to think about my deal. To me, this was a very fair win-win situation.

 “Alright, I guess so. I would have more time trying to get Kaisoo together than trying to get Kai off my back. OH, whoops! I let out my Kaisoo plan.” Luhan agreed.

 “Kaisoo?” I raised my eyebrow again.

 “Kai and Kyungsoo are the perfect pair, don’t you think? It’s only a matter of time they will stick together like glue. They could be like the Jelly to my Peanut Butter or the Oreos to my milk to each other. That would be so cute.” He replied.

 “Oh.” I snickered a bit. Before I could retort about anything else related to ‘Kaisoo,’ another staff attendee came over to alarm me that my break was over 8 minutes ago. Ugh, seriously. Why do people keep getting in my way today? I brushed his alarm off and shooed him away after promising I would get right to work later.

 “It was good doing business with you, Luhan. I hope to see you around.” I smirked in his way with a mischievous twinkle in my eyes.

 “It was nice to meet you, my friend. I see us getting along very well in the future.” Luhan smiled back with that same sparkle I had in my eye. I waved goodbye feeling great inside while walking towards my continuous long night with customers. With that being said, I think I got this competition all in a wrap; held right in the palm of my hand.


 


Hi-Hello~ I hope  you enjoyed this chapter. I tried to put Baekhyun and his over-confident self in here. I think I overdid it though this just sounds more like a crack fic now.

Thanks to all silent readers, subcribers, and commenters that put up with my horrendous grammer.

Keep suggesting groups and songs! I really enjoy a lot of them~

Luminous_secret