Dark Angel

Never Mind Him

Sehun POV:

 The locker door swinged open after I pressed in the code to the lock. My hand automatically reached in to take out a small photo of a man sitting with a grin plastered on his face like he had no care in the world. It was my dad. My appa who used to tickle me exactly on my stomach just to make me giggle or who would grab me and spin me around high in the air to make me feel that I was unbeatable after he came home right from work. A dead man. A man who was the best appa in the world was dead and it wasn’t fair as usual, but life wasn’t fair like usual. A few tears leaked from my eyes after having some memories come back to me before I wiped them away. I looked around to see if anybody had saw some water come through my eyes.

 My phone from my pocket suddenly rang with the I.D. flashing “Noona.” I took one look at it and denied the call immediantely. I felt tired. Too tired to answer her; too tired to answer anybody in the world. I was tired both mentally and physically, but unforunately it wasn’t going to show on my face. I had placed an expressionless façade the moment my dad died. Looking back at his photo gave me that bit of strength to push through for work later. Just a little ball of energy inside me came alight.

“Appa, do you see me? I’m not doing well, truthfully. I miss you.” I talked to my dad who was in front of me photowise. Water got lodged in my eyes again. I wasn’t crying though because silent Oh Sehun doesn’t cry.

Suddenly, I heard Kai shouting his off to get our butts to the staff lounge for a meeting. That was unsual to hear him shouting like that. There must have been important news to get him like that. I quickly tore off my regular attire of sweatpants and a random t-shirt. Donned on my host uniform for today that interacted with the theme of today which was ‘Angels.’ My reflection showed a black suit that fit over my muscles that complimented my lanky and skinny body, surprisenly. I heard another shout form Kai before I looked away from the mirror and quickly closed my locker while shoving my clothes barely. I stopped before I opened the door to the staff lounge room and I tucked away my last photo of dad in my pocket. I placed a wall of blankness on my face. To everyone else, I wasn’t the cute and playful Sehun 4 years ago you could of seen, at least not anymore. I was Sehun, the cold guy that ignored everything  and wasn’t bothered by any problems. Today, I was dressed as a dark angel.

Taking another long breath, I pushed the door opened and sat down at a plushed couch. I felt some wondering eyes over my body and chose to ignore it. My eyes in a bored stance and my body slouched as I listened to Kai’s news. My head drifted off to another place picking up a few words here and there about a vacation while Kai blabbered on. Soon, blackness consumed me and I was fast asleep in a upright sitting position.

 

 I looked around and saw a figure’s outline sitting on a beige bench.

‘Where in the world am I?’ I thought, but apparently the person sitting on the bench could read minds because it replied, “somewhere. Not in reality, but not up above. Sehun-ah, come over here.” He patted the empty seat on the bench next to him and turned to face me.

OH! It’s appa whom I soon recognized. I jumped to my feet and practically ran over my feet to talk with my deceased father. Taking a seat next to appa, I started blurting out nonsense.

“ Appa, what is this place? Am I going to stay with you now? Can I? I would rather stay with you than going back to the place I’m suppose to call home. Nothing is the same after you left, you know. Hard ti-”

“Shh Sehun, everything will be explained in time. Patience is the key. I need to first tell you some things before you leave since your time seems to be running out before you have to go back to reality, son. Firstly, I’m sorry for everything. Your mother. Pressure. Everything. I’m sorry it had to end that way. There’s nothing I can do to help you other than to stay strong for you, your noona, and me because I have a feeling it’s going to get better somehow. There’s going to be that one person that you’ll find to erase the hardships of your life and is going to become the joy of your life. He’s going to make you happier again and bring out your true self that you constantly hid. You'll be Sehun again. The Sehun I remembered before I went away. Remember this Sehun, I will always love you no matter wh-a-t..” My appa’s voice and face started to fade right in front of my face. Everthing became dark.

 Every part of me felt down. I wasn’t going to be with dad and soon reality would settle in again. Reality. Back to the real world full of troubles I could never run away from. I thought over his words to then remember the ‘he’s’ he mentioned. A guy? I was going to like a guy. That’s ridiculous. What nonsense is that? What in the world was going to happen to me. I thought I was straight. Another guy will be the key to my happiness other than appa now? No way. The dream is probably illusion. I must have been missing appa too much lately and lonelines must have really caught up to my mind. All of a sudden I heard my name being called by a familiar voice over and over again.

 

“Sehun-goon.”

…………………………………

“Sehun-goon.”

……………………

“Sehun”

……………

“Sehun-ah”

………

“YAH! OH SEHUN WAKE UP NOW.”

 I felt a hand on my shoulder shaking me back and forth into reality. I groaned and stretched, “What.” I looked up to see Chen.

“Aish, seriously. Respect me more, Sehun-ah.  Anyways come on,  Dark Angel.  Nobody’s going to do your work for you. Lucky for you I have work to do or else you wouldn’t have woken up dry.” Chen stated annoyingly before he went through the door leading towards the customers that were waiting to be served and entertained.

 I straightened myself a bit before also walking towards my hosting job outside in the living room filled with customers. A hand reached out to stop me,

“Wait, Sehun. You heard my contest that was pretty much mandatory for all hosts, right?” My not much older than me boss, Kai, questioned.

“Uh, sure. Yea sure.” I replied hoping to be spared the talk he already said before. It wouldn’t matter if I knew the contest or not because in the end I wasn’t aiming to win the prize.

“Listen, dude. Can you not lie at least? I’m expevting YOU to charm my friend over there ina booth. Look, I finally got that stubborn deer to get out of his bird-cage like life-style for only tonight. Go and meet him during the breaks. No choice anyways. Just do what you do with the ladies and gentlemen.” Kai summarized.

“Him?” I said

“Yes, a guy. A dude. A male. A human being with an XY chromosone. What more do you want me to say? I don’t care whether you’re straight or not. You better change your likings for this guy.” Kai snarkly said while pointing his pointer finger directly at me. “Oh yeah, his name is also Luhan. Don’t mind him if he’s a bit mean or stubborn. That’s natural. It’s just how he is when you disturb his studying time or his waste-time-reading-things-that-nobody-will-give-a-heck-about-in-life.” Then Kai just walks away.

"So I do nothing?" I questioned.

"What?" Kai replied shouting across the room.

“I don’t do anything with the ladies or gentleman so I guess I won’t do anything with this Luhan then. Sound cool?” I shouted to have the last word as he walks away, but I think he was too far to hear me.

 Like usual, I wasn’t requested yet. Most of my customers came later in the night. With my free-time I lazily walked around in between aisles watching the other hosts already busy with a customer. Some customers gasped and started doting their eyes toward me leaving their host speechless. It’s not like I want to purposely steal their customers away. I’m just somehow always in the center of attention. I don’t even know why they like me. Much less why am I even #1 on the host club charts. I only have these skinny legs and bored eyes. People claim that it makes me look y that way, but I sure don’t feel that way. I wonder why Kai recruited me to this host club in the first place. I’m not that handsome.

 I kept looking around. I passed a booth with a tuft of honey locks peeking above the seats. That’s definitely a new sights. Other than Baekhyun and me, nobody else has really dyed their hair off the color chart of black and brown around here. Walking back a few steps to the booth, I came face-to-face (Well not exactly face to face) to this teenage boy studying his head off. His head was literally stuffed in the books while his right hand was jotting down notes in another noebook quickly. He really doesn’t look like he belongs in here or in this club. ‘Wait, this can’t be Luhan right?’ I thought the “guy” I was suppose to charm was going to be older than me not a few too many years under legal age. I took a few steps closer to the booth and quitely said, "yah-" about to shoo him home to study there instead. Before I could do or say anything else I was suddenly pulled away by the front-desk employee. The Luhan guy’s head moved up at the sound of my unfinished “yah” and his eyes traveled up to mine. Our eyes met for a few seconds before I was pulled past a corner and I couldn’t see those deer eyes gazing into mine. I turned around to find my customer waiting for me already at the entrance.

“Let go.” I commanded the employer that was still holding my arm from pulling me away from the deer boy. I moved towards my customer or master for the time paid. Today, a girl master requested me. Suho and I are usually most requested by girl masters, but I get my fair share of boys every once in while.

 Linking my arms through her arm, I stated boredly, “let’s go my master.”

 From then and there my master practically dragged me to her table and started blabbering about herself while flirting with me at the same time. I sat down carefully and listened (not really, truthfully) to her whining problems in which I really don’t care about.

This was going to be a long, long night.

Third Person POV:

While Sehun is dragged between mulitple customers trying to get his attention, he forgot about the honey locks, Luhan. Luhan on the other hand got slightly off-track from his homework after seeing the stare that was ingrained in his brain. Key word: Slightly. Luhan would never admit getting distracted by a set of eyes glazing at him from academics.


 

Hi? Don’t hurt me (please) I know I wasn’t here for awhile, so I made a longer horrible chapter to try to make up for it. It probably though since Sehun is more of a depressed person.

BUT. Sehun and Luhan finally somewhat meet.

Did you see the comebacks lately? Rum Pum Pum Pum from f(x) and Growl from EXO~ AWESOME……especially Goodbye Summer ft. D.O.

Thanks to all the silent viewers, the AWESOME subscribers, and the ALL GREAT commenters. Seriously.

Sorry for any bad grammer usuage though. I at grammer.

QUESTION to readers: (comment if you can)

Do you have any other groups you really like other than EXO? Any songs to recommend from them? Like your favorite?

I’m open to any group, seriously.

Luminous_secret