Baekhyun's Thoughts

Never Mind Him

Baekhyun POV:

“Welcome master. Do you need anything? Would you like some wine? Alcohol, sir?” I sweetly said with a cute little bend in my neck as I lead this quite short (perhaps a few centimeters shorter than me which is kind of sad since I’m pretty short myself) some stomach fat bulging from his dress shirt that was tucked in to the table reserved he supposedly reserved. Yuck, what a disgusting man.

“I would like something from you, Baekhyunnie,” the fattie smirked while leaning closer to my face. He grabbed my hand forcefully pulling me down on the couch next to him. My bum or bounced  a bit on the soft surface. Ew, I politely moved away from my first costumer of the day hoping for this session to end as quick as possible.

“What would you like, sir? Would you like something to drink? If that is the case I will take my leaving to get you your usual here at Angel.” I gulped and moved away as fast as I can but as usual I can never escape that easily as I felt a rough hand grab my thin wrist and pull me back towards him. Dang it, I was so close.

“That’s not it. You know what I really like. Come on Baekkie just marry me. If you think that we’re moving too quickly we can be boyfriends. Why won’t you accept my proposal? You’re so pretty and you definitely deserve the best.” That guy waved his eyebrows at me. I felt shivers down my spine. That dang guy. He’s been coming here for so long and one of my best paying costumer; all of a sudden his last visit he proposed the marriage and the idea of “being together forever.” It’s not that I don’t believe in love. I know it happens but with him (disgusting)I never thought of such horrible horrendous future with him. My disgust with him was building up and was ready to explode(especially when he called me pretty…..I don’t like it when he thinks he can just barge into my world and start talking about my beauty. That’s a huge no-no in my book), but I couldn’t say anything bad so I reply back curtly with a smile on my face. Trying to act as cute as possible and get his attention off that marriage proposal thing I whined in a cuter higher pitched voice.

“But. But. Master. You know I can’t be with you. Host club rule #679 states that there is no dating allowed between masters and workers.” (HEHE that man probably didn’t even notice that it was a fake lie. Kai would never enforce such a rule.)

“Aww. But Baek don’t you want to be with me? Don’t you want me here? I can change that sometimes here with you to forever and always to be beside you.” He pouted..(Wait.. He pouted..eww I’m about to throw up. He did not just pout. No. Way. That wasn’t a pout that was a frown)

“Mister, I should be with you. I have to be with you,” I said politely. I learned that as host we can avoid words. I’m not exactly lying I’m just swerving from the truth. Truthfully I HAVE to be with him since he paid for my shift. Still keeping a smile on my face I moved a bit closer to the edge to not be so skin to skin close. 

“Really? That’s great Baekhyun. What progress your making. In a matter of times you’re going to fall for me.” He grinned with happiness as if he accomplished something (in reality..NOTHING..NOTHING will ever make me like that type of guy. At least he could be taller than me. I like taller guys anyways.) and didn’t even notice my subtle move closer to the edge of the couch. Trying to move this conversation from me and my love I started on what is essential for being host conversational starters.

“So master…umm.. How was your day today?” I forced a smile again.

“It was unbearable. You wouldn’t believe how stupid and stubborn people,” my master for now grunted.

“Your boss?” I guessed.

“I don’t even want to get started in that dang guy. That would take too long. It’s a long story,” he groaned and laid his head back.

“It’s okay if it’s a long story. We have all the time in the world for now. Before we start would you like something to drink to calm yourself down. After all a long day at work you deserve something relaxing.” I stated plainly hoping he would just take my offer after all my big bonus and tips are based off his alcohol consumption.

“Yes. I do deserve it. Get me my usual with your choice that would  give a good kick and is fruity.” He sighed. (A good kick? Hmm. I'd like to give him a hard kick to his head instead.)

I walked away glad that I was finally had some breathing air. Walking to the bar set I called our panda Tao to make some drinks. It was his turn for bar shift today. As hosts we all have different shifts and we all take turns to help out.

“Tao baby. You know what he wants. The usual and also give me the most expensive wine with a kick and a fruity taste. You know what I mean by that.” I stared at him. Although he was much taller than me, he’ll always be my younger dongsaeng in which I love to dote on. He’s so cute when you get to know him.

“So mean, Baekkie. Already giving the guy the most expensive one in our case? Lucky you when paycheck arrives. He must be an annoying one for you to even suggest our pricey wine.” Tao teased while shaking up a drink. Tao soon pushed the drinks forward on the counter signaling that it was my turn to leave and work. Gosh, why in the world did he have to work so quickly? Couldn’t he take longer to make the drinks? Walking back to Mr. Annoying Babbler Guy my pace started to slow down. It wasn’t until I reached the booth was then I realized I took a while to get back to him.

“Baekhyun. Why’d you take so long?” He questioned me (Stop the interrogation, fattie. I’m not even your property. Huff)

“Oh nothing. Umm.. I’m sorry I just took a while to choose your drink for tonight since you’re definitely a special person. I thought you would like something special so I took my time to choose something just for you, mister.” I sweet talked with a little pout.

“I’m special to you? You’re dang right I am. Now come over here.” The man pointed at the seat next to him.

“Go ahead with your story. Today must have been so hard and everyone just doesn’t get it. Right?” I smirked while signaling him to start his boring, fake pitiful story in which I have to nod along and feel bad for him.

“You wouldn’t believe what happened today, Baekhyun. Everyone in work is practically idiotic. Either they are just plain brainless or they’re really naïve. I swear…UGH I hate today..So bad….”the guy I was serving at the time went on. Sadly, as a host it was part of my job to entertain or do whatever to make the costumer or my master happy. Even if it means comforting some individual I really don’t know truthfully. It’s all part of the job. You might be thinking, but Baekhyun why don’t you just quit the job then if it’s so annoying. A lot of people ask that and the answer is obvious. Pay is nice; JongIn or Kai I should say is probably the best boss you could ever have and every so often it’s fun to entertain and be with the guests. Anyways back to the story….

I was just watching the guy and nodding to whatever he was talking about. Once in a while I would speak up with a cute “yes” or “I totally understand how you are feeling.” That usually tricks them long enough to keep talking for another 45 minutes at best, and for me to pretty much do nothing other than stare at their faces or wonder off. His story today was as usual boring as ever like always and I started to think back on what happen early that night.

-FLASHBACK-

I wiped the rag across the table ensuring cleanliness to our soon-to-come customers in Kai’s Angel host club. While everyone else was resting I was stuck on cleaning duty. Sighing, I quickly finished wiping up the tables hoping to get a least a bit of time resting in the staff lounge room with the rest of the hosts before masters or fools as I like to say come in. But before I could turn the knob to the door of the staff lounge room, a ring vibrated throughout the club room meaning that someone or something came in. As usual our boss, the Kai, came in late what was unusual was that he was dragging in this 16 or 18 year old kid inside the club house. What the freak Kai? Seems like I wasn’t the only person who was in disagreement on letting that baby-face kid come in because the boy itself was struggling trying to movie in every direction possible to get out of Kai’s grip. Good luck kid. You need it. Though he should just give up because learning for experience Kai’s grip is unbearably strong. I was about to greet the kid until he fave a look of disgus. Alright, have it your way kid.

 Looking more closely to “the kid” he looks underage which is not a good sign to come here and has these cute doe eyes that must be incredibly hard to say no to. His hair has a nice touch of blonde and looks definitely fluffy and touchable. After a while this boy stopped struggling and looked around the place. He looked like he was in a daze. Couldn’t blame him though after all ‘Angel’ was a really nice decorated club tips to Kyungsoo for his awesome interior design ideas. It seemed as if he didn’t notice my being and continued to look around. Throwing away all suspicion knowing sooner or later Kai was going to tell us about it, I continued to turn the knob and walk into our lounge room. Seeing Tao on one of the couch I skipped over there and plopped myself right next to him resting my head on his shoulders. After a while we heard Kai called everyone in the lounge room for our daily pep talk or basically what Kai wanted to talk about.

“HEY! Get your butts over here.”Kai shouted with no mercy. “You know the drill.” He talks on and on until my ears perk up to one of his “ideas” of matchmaking for a vacation. Wow. Kai must have been that desperate to even use vacation as a prize. That a rare. All I have to do is win over that kid Kai brought along. Hmm.. This will be easier than I thought, hopefully. Beware kid, charming Baekhyun is coming to blow you away and make you love. Here comes Baekhyun! Once Kai finished with his “speech” with a full list of things to accomplish with this “Luhan” I walked outside in the club room to get another peek at Luhan. Poor guy. Although I do want to win this trip, Kai needs to understand that love can’t just be forced on like that and to use a checklist to cross off things to do with Luhan isn’t going to get him to just love that person. Love should be when you take time to learn about each other and slowly enjoying each other’s presence knowing that you can always rely on them. Not just using a checklist will ensure that. If I can’t get Luhan to fall in love with me I guess I can do the next best thing which is become friends with that guy. He looks kind of lonely other than having a few friends to bug him every so often *cough* KAI *cough*.

I walked up to the front desk waiting room and sat down with all the other host. That’s what we usually do before a master comes in and chooses us to be their partner for however long they can pay for. I saw the OPEN light blinking outside as few outsiders started to come in the club. I sat there watching as more and more hosts were escorted away with their master as time pasted. Sitting there patiently I knew I had a regular that was going to come in today (which is good since regular pay more money for you since they only request for you) which happened to be someone I least wanted to see especially after the marriage proposal from the last session he met with me. I watched the clock tick back and forth until it was around 9:56 p.m. when my fatso master came in and swiftly signed in to take me for his session for today. I couldn’t wait until I had a break time before I even started serving the master of this session.

-FLASHBACK END-

 While I was thinking of other things my stupid master didn’t even notice that I wasn’t even nodding or caring about his story. The guy started to murmur his story making more and more no sense. He must of drown down too much alcohol…. Whatever like I care, please. My paycheck is increasing by each glass he downs. The clock chimed 11:00 p.m. and the crowd cheered as a bright spotlight shined on the stage in the middle of the host club. I instantly turned my attention towards the stage. The curtains slowly parted revealing Chen our singer of tonight’s performance. His voice pierced the cheering of the crowd with a strong tone that as always blew the audience away. The sweet melody and crisp pronunciation was the song “I’m in love” by: Ra. D. It was a favorite song of mine.

“I thought I never gonna fall in love.”

“But I’m in love.”

“Cuz I want to love you baby.”

Chen’s piercing voice echoed in my mind giving me shivers down my spine for the 2nd time tonight, but this time for a better reason. Turning away from Chen’s voice, I looked back at my customer dozing off and called an attendee to call a taxi to bring my master home because I for sure wasn’t going to haul that body back to his house without dying. I would still like to live thank you very much.

3rd Person POV:

Who knew that the words that Chen sang would mean so much in Baekhyun’s life sooner or later.

“I thought I never gonna fall in love.”

Baekhyun, who believed that love could form, but never got a chance to experience it himself.


Yo I'm back, back ,back! Thanks to everyone of you as viewers or subscribers or commentors.. I really do. I was originally going to split this chapter, but I decided to finally have a long chapter to for you to enjoy nicely....hopefully! Please excuse my grammer, spelling, or grammer mistakes.

And..Yes I really like I'm in Love by : Ra. D it's a nice song~ Don't you agree? I'll post a link to the song- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGR84Jqm-Vk

Also BIG favor to ask- Would you like to have Chen+Xiumin and Suho+Lay couple? Just asking.......

~Luminous_secret~