Special: The Shadow Falls

SMTown Light

Victoria and Taeyeon sat in Victoria's darkly decorated room. The clock had slowly clicked past midnight and both girls had been gossiping the entire night. “Victoria. You know what happened when the other girls powers came in right?” She simply nod her head trying to hold in certain occasions in which their powers manifesting at the wrong moment. “Jessica got stuck in the bathtub when she had been taking a bath.” Instead of being the mature older females that they had seemed, Both girls had fallen over clutching their stomachs while laughing. “Victoria. Don't change the subject. What happened?”

Victoria bit her lip and sprang up to close the door before tip toeing back to the bed and projecting a shadow over the dimly lit lamp in the corner of her room. “You must promise not to tell anyone. Like you tell someone. And you'll go missing.” Taeyeon silently nodded her head before holding and eyes staring at her intently. “Well. I never had a great relationship with my mother or her boyfriends.”

***

Victoria sat in her room staring at the blank, dark walls that surrounded her. She had been listening to __________ in an attempt to drown out the arguing between her mother and her mother's boyfriend for the past thirty minutes. She glanced over to her alarm clock which displayed Ten thirty pm in big bold letters and sighed. The arguing went on for two whole hours before the front door was slammed shut. She knew all too well what was about to happen. In a quick haste, Victoria sprung from her bed as footsteps had quickly approached her door. “Victoria. Open the door.” Her mother violently banged against her door as she tried to gain entry her daughter's room. Victoria ran into her closet and shut the door tightly before placing her hands on her ears to drown out the noise of her mother shouting.

The door swung open and smashed upon impact against the wall. Her mother entered the dark room and scanned the room trying to locate her daughter til she heard a silent sob coming from the closet. A sickening smile had grown on her face as she slowly approached the closet while reaching for the door knob. She ripped the door open but her maddening smirk had slowly disappeared at the sight of the empty closet. Victoria held her hand over in an attempt to not let her mother hear her. It confused her as to what game her mother had been playing as she had been staring right at her but was searching for her.

Her mother left the room before slamming the door shut behind her. Victoria stared into the darkness before slowly climbing out of the closet and staring at the door with wide eyes expecting something to happen. The front door slammed shut and her mother's car had been started up before pulling out of the driveway. She slowly advanced to her bed and climbed under the covers in an attempt to keep the tears at bay til one escaped and made it's way down her cheek.

***

Taeyeon sat there wide eyed at how she could keep a straight face the entire time. “Oh my gosh Victoria. Why didn't you ever call the cops on her?” Victoria just laughed as she ran a hand through her hair and removed the shadow covering the lamp. “It would have been her word against mine. She could lie her way out of trouble for a drunkard. But if my Grandfather didn't show up one day I possibly wouldn't be here.” She glanced around her room with a slight smile on her face before laying down on her bed. “This is their house. They lived here for years before giving it to me. I'm amazed it hasn't been destroyed with half the stuff that goes on here.”

Taeyeon nodded her head before poking the female's face earning her a demonic glare. “Have you ever thought of having a super hero name? Oh my gosh. You could be a great Batman.” Taeyeon's brain had a difficult time focusing on one thing for a very long time. It explained a lot of why she was such a spazmatoid sometimes. “Tae. Can we focus on the subject at hand? Now you know what happened the first time I ever used my powers.”

Taeyeon just shrugged her shoulders before getting up and yawning. “I'm going to sleep. Night.” She exited the room leaving Victoria to her thoughts before she started reminiscing on the day she had to help Taeyeon from destroying things on accident. Despite her weird behavior at times, Victoria felt as if Taeyeon and Jessica were the only two girls she could ever count on. Especially when they volunteered to move in with her without any hesitation after their powers had activated.

***

Over the next couple of months after her grandparents gave her the house, She lived by herself waiting for when one of the girls had their powers manifest. Her phone vibrated in her pocket and she pulled the device out to see that Jessica had been calling. “Hello?” Jessica had been breathing heavily as sounds of thing breaking in the background had slowly started to become louder and louder. “It's Taeyeon. She just made a ketchup bottle explode. I don't know how but I think it's time.” She hung up and rushed to her car before turning it on and driving, following the police sirens to Taeyeon's house where a crowd had formed.

She scanned the crowd and saw that Jessica had been in the top window signaling her to go around the back way. Victoria managed to sneak past the police officers trying to block the people from going into the house and stepped through the back door before noticed the mess on the floor. Broken glass, ruined plastic bottles, and a solitary broken hot dog laid on the floor as she made her way to the staircase leading upstairs next to Taeyeon's house.

With each sounds the crashing noises had grown louder but had been followed by a scream that sounded all too familiar. “I know that scream.” She made it to what remained of Taeyeon's bedroom door to see Taeyeon standing in the center of her room not trying to touch anything. “Tae. Are you okay?” She nodded her head and attempted to take a step towards the door but Jessica ran in front of her and out the door. “Freedom!” A slight giggle escaped past Victoria's lip which caused Taeyeon to give her a stern look before the girl made her way carefully to the door.

Thank you for coming Victoria.”She attempted to hug the other female but Victoria gripped her arm and dragged her out of the house. After a safe distance away, Victoria led her to her house and enjoyed the look on her face as she looked at it from the outside. “Tae. Come live with me. I can help you learn how to control your monster strength. What do you say?” Her eyes had widened as she stared at Taeyeon waiting for her answer. “Sure. Just as long as I can have the basement.”


Don't forget to read the other half: SMTown Dark