Chapter 6

Comfort [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The sound of car engines filled the basement room as SuYoung’s eyes slowly opened. A blurred image of six boys playing a racecar game appeared in front of her. Her eyes became cleared when the guy from the far right suddenly jumped shouting.

“Whoo! No one can beat me!” His arms flew side-to-side in the air while the others groaned losing the game. “I, Ricky, is number one!”

SuYoung sat up rubbing her drowsy eyes and the boys caught a glance at her. “What time is it?” She checked her phone, “Ohmygod! It’s ten already?! I’m so dead!” She quickly got up from the couch hooking her mini purse over her tired shoulders.

Ricky got up from his seat and stood in front of her stopping her pace. “Don’t worry, I send her a message from your phone that you’ll be staying at MiSu and you’ll be coming home late.”

“But it is late!” She showed him the time in frustration. “I’ll take the bus then,” and left just like that.

“Way to go, Ricky,” snorted ChunJi starting a new game. “Are you sure your girl actually like you?”

Ricky sighed, “She’s just playing hard to get.” He grabbed thin his light cream coat, “See you guys tomorrow at noon,” and he took off, too.

SuYoung walked into an empty street with the cold night wind blowing pass her small face. She crossed her arms over her chest, “I should’ve brought my coat.” She started to hear a car coming by honking. “Aish,” she moved to the side of the street avoiding the car from hitting her. It continued to honk. Her heart beat faster and her pace quickens as it kept honking at her.

The honking stopped and she could hear the car stopping. Now footsteps trialed behind her making her heat beat even faster. Her face became more paled as her feet took bigger steps than usual. A hand suddenly snatched her upper arm and she in a breath in fear thinking a ert might do something to her. It was getting darker out and it was more dangerous. Her face eased down with a relieved breath coming out after seeing the familiar face structure.

“Get in the car,” Ricky demanded with a calm voice. She nodded her head following him to the car and seating herself in the passenger’s seat. He began the car and drove onto the emptied street. He glanced over at her once they’ve reached the red light. “I’m sorry for scaring you,” his voice still calmed remembering her face in fear earlier.

SuYoung didn’t respond and kept her eyes out of the cleared window. She heard him sighed and decided to speak. “Are you like this to other girls, too? Taking them to your hangout, chasing after them at night, and taking them home?”

The light turned green and Ricky stepped on the pedal. He suddenly recalled her question from the amusement park was similar to this one, “Nope. You’re the first.”

She could feel her heart skipped a beat, “Why?”

He kept his eyes on the road as he answered her, “Because you’re interesting.”

SuYoung’s rolled her eyes. I almost fell for it.

SuYoung got to her apartment door after bidding Ricky good-bye and thanking him. She walked into the dark living room and carefully made her way through the hall into her room. She flicked the lights on closing the door behind her and her phone vibrated. She unlocked her screen to read the message.

From: Lover Ricky

I’ll pick you up at ten tomorrow. Good night. Also, that face when you sleep, it’s not pretty. Bye.

One of her eyebrows rose, “Lover Ricky?! When did I have his number?” She threw her phone onto the bed ignoring his childish act and went to wash up for bed.

Flashback:

Ricky picked up SuYoung’s phone seeing her screen wasn’t locked. He noticed the screensaver of her and HyunWoo happily smiling together and his lips curved up. He dialed his number into her phone and saved it once he’d received the call. Ricky smirked to himse

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter