Chapter 2

Comfort [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

In the early morning, SuYoung got dressed in her dark navy uniform with her hair in a messy bun helping her mom setting up the table for breakfast. The smell of fried eggs and pancakes filled the room and spread through their average size apartment.

“Go get HyunWoo to eat breakfast and ready for school,” her mom said while flipping the last piece of the golden pancake.

SuYoung walked pass the creamed couch in the living room ignoring a picture frame of her mom, her, HyunWoo, and a tall figure man on the coffee colored table on the side, and finally got to the short hallway. She made a turn to the door on the left knocking it lightly. “HyunWoo, breakfast.” No answer. “Breakfast!” She said a little louder this time.

“Coming!” HyunWoo shouted while staring at himself at the big round mirror hooked next to his computer desk and a honor roll form from his middle school. He flipped his dark brown bangs and held his fist into the empty air, “I can do this!”

The sound of the door opening made SuYoung flinched while she was leaning next to it waiting for HyunWoo. Seeing him coming out, she stood straight and smiled. “Good morning, my little brother.” He smiled back and paced pass her. She gripped onto his right arm, “Wait.” Her nose sniffed from his head to his chest inhaling an unfamiliar sense. “You had perfume on today,” her eyes narrowed, “are you confessing to a girl today?”

“N-n-no!” He swung his arm away from her and walked into the kitchen.

“Good morning, son,” his mom greeted him then noticed SuYoung trailing behind him. “Let’s eat then.”

They all sat themselve down on the white chairs with food filling the table for three. The sound of the spring birds chipped outside the windows and the sun’s rays shined through the cleared glass. The only sound from their apartment was the sound of them eating and forks hitting the glass plate.

SuYoung peek her deep brown eyes at HyunWoo seeing him smiling to himself. Without realizing, her lips curved, too. Her eyes moved to her lovely mom eating silently while reading the newspaper.

“HyunWoo has perfume on,” SuYoung suddenly blurted out and innocently took a bite of her eggs.

HyunWoo’s eyes widen at her to their mom, who was staring at him with a ‘tell-me-why’ face. He awkwardly laughed, “It’s a new style for me.” He looked at SuYoung and she gave him the same look back. His mouth whispered, “You’re so dead, big sister!”

SuYoung grabbed her backpack that was sitting on the leg of the table and quickly ran to the front of the door, putting her white flats on. “Bye, have a nice day, HyunWoo and mom!” And she dashed out of the doors.

SuYoung got to class, walking to her seat, and noticed MiSu giggling to herself as she stared at her phone screen. What’s with people today? She sat down still giving her friend the ‘judging face’ and peeked at her phone to see what she’s giggling at.

MiSu pulled back before SuYoung glanced at it. “Don’t! He’s mine!” SuYoung narrowed her eyebrows still lost. “It’s my new crush.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter