Chapter 3

Comfort [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After the movie was over, the teacher the lights making everyone’s pupil shrink like an ice on hot water. They all rubbed their eyes groaning. SuYoung slowly opened her eyes noticing the lights on and the sound of the teacher’s footsteps. Her blurry eyes suddenly became clear and to her surprise, she saw a sleeping Ricky inches away from her. Her head lifted fast feeling a tug on her ear. She followed the earphone cord and saw the other connected to his ear with the song “I’ll Be There For You,” repeatedly playing.

The teacher footsteps stopped when he got to the stand and tapped his thin wooden stick on it. “Finals are coming up, so be ready to take your test soon. It’ll be on everything we’ve covered so far. Study hard,” he coughed leaving the classroom as the students all grunted. Some messed their hair in frustration.

SuYoung gently removed her headphone out of Ricky’s paled ear, carefully trying not to wake him up. She packed her things when the bell rung to go home. Ricky’s eyes finally opened as she shoved her seat back making a squeaky sound and he watched her leave without her noticing him following her with his gaze. He scratched the side of his head yawning and got up to his seat to make his leave.

When Ricky got home, he saw his mom setting up the table in the kitchen for dinner. The smell of kimchi strew made his stomach growled as he took off his white shoes and slipped on his blue slippers. He walked pass a counter to the living room and slouched onto the faded yellow color sofa, not noticing who was sitting on the other sofa reading a book.

“An ‘I’m home, little sis’ wouldn’t kill you,” said the girl with the book.

Ricky looked at her, “Hi, HyoSun. Happy, now?” His head turned to his mom fixing the silverwares.

“Kids,” she called, “come eat.”

HyoSun marked her boo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter