Far Apart

The Odd Couple

 

Gui gui took the midnight flight back to Taiwan that night, right after they finished filming WGM. The couples said their goodbyes, albeit unwillingly - and Taecyeon also had to rush to his own schedules with the upcoming 2pm’s comeback. Earlier that day, Taecyeon had asked for Gui gui’s mobile number as they wouldn’t be seeing each other for 2 weeks due to Gui gui’s busy drama schedule, so they could at least stay in minimum contact for the time being. The two had grown quite close throughout the duration of the show, both gradually knowing a little more and more about each other - what he liked, what she hated, what music they listened to and so on. However, even from an outsider’s view it had seemed like Taecyeon always treated Gui gui like a sister that he took great care of - and not very much like a couple. Perhaps it was the height difference, perhaps it was simply because of the contrasting personalities they both shared. Taecyeon had a very unique charm to him, the way he would concentrate on a girl - he would only and solely look at her, his attention only directed at her and that made all girls fall at his feet. Not only that, his undeniable good looks and height was always a plus point for him, but also the caring and kindness he shared for his friends and team. He was the type to step up and protect his friends when he was needed and is always attentive to little details, such as subtle changes like a haircut. The man is quiet most of the times, but gets stubborn when he puts his mind on it and will never back down. He is the reason why all girls have high expectations on their boyfriend choices because a man like Taecyeon exists. Gui gui on the other hand, always wears a grin on her face, and appears to be childish - almost immature at times. However, over the years she had definitely matured into a career-focused grown women. She does go crazy, acts like a baby but treasures those around her and still despises loneliness. She also obtains a certain charm that draws people’s focus on her, the natural cuteness and overwhelming comfort and happiness when she is around - also the main reason why she had stolen so many guys hearts in the past. Gui gui rarely falls for guys but when she does, she tends to fall hard and fast - almost at first sight. She is loud and outspoken - but truly cares for other people, although it is hard for her to be actually close with a person she is surrounded by many people who care for her neverless. The two unique characteristics they have is what makes them so special, and the reason why they were chosen to star in the WGM global version. However, even though the two still looked a bit awkward in terms of skinship and doing couply interactions, they looked absolutely adorable in the audience’s eyes.

 

So, for the next two weeks Gui gui began filming for her drama in Taiwan along with fellow handsome actors WangZi - which literally means Prince. Gui gui had acted alongside with the actor in several other dramas before, and because of such high popularity in the dramas - one of the directors decided to collaborate them together again in a mini drama, focusing on touring around Taiwan’s famous attractions and added with a cute love story.

 

“GUI ! Why are you dazing off again? Come on, hurry up !” WangZi calls out to Gui gui as she had wandered off to another world, again since the filming began a few days ago. Gui gui was truly excited to be working with her bestfriends again - since it had been a few years since they worked together but her head was still filled with Korea, tteokbokki, shinramyun, snow and Ok Taecyeon.

“We are going to leave you behind if you don’t start hurrying your up !” WangZi threatens and quickens his pace towards the black minivan. WangZi started laughing as he sees Gui gui stumbling with her bright yellow backpack and trying to catch up to him. Gui gui would always be the same WangZi’s  eyes - the short, cute and dynamic weird girl she was. He remembered how many retakes they had to do in one scene where they had to kiss, and she was so embarrassed that her cute round cheeks turned bright pink. He also remembered how sad and heartbroken he felt when he watched her cry at the end of the last scene in the drama, the scene which had made him recognise Gui gui’s acting skills again. However, the shorty has definitely changed the past few years, for the good and bad. The young silly girl who had matured into a fine world-known actress became gradually more and more self-kept and quiet, whereas before you could tell what she was thinking even with a glance but now, she had learned how to handle herself properly and sometimes even a bit distant from others.

“Ya ! WangZi ~ why did you leave me behind ! I’m carrying such a heavy backpack today !” Gui gui complains as she hops into the van after him, flinging the backpack next to her on the seat.
“Why did you bring such a heavy backpack in the first place? We are just going to Taipei not China !” said WangZi and eyes her overstuffed large yellow backpack warily. He wondered if she was still the same in terms of …

“SNACKS OF COURSE ! hoho, many many snack to share with everyone” Gui gui announces happily as she takes out four large packets of different flavoured chips, from Barbeque to chocolate, banana and soy sauce.
“....snacks. I knew it ! You don’t ever change do you?” sighs WangZi and he grabs a packet of his favourite Barbeque chips and opens it, taking a handful at a time.
“YA ! you are saying as if its a bad thing ! Don’t eat if you hate it...” says Gui gui with a pout and starts eating the Barbeque chips too. WangZi thought how adorable she was to just sit there and stuff her face with chips, just like before.
“Silly Gui, I don’t hate it ! hehe, you look like a kid !” teases WangZi and pats her head softly.
“Hmmph, DO NOT !” Gui gui replies and glares at WangZi
“DO SO !” WangZi retorts back
*
Will I ever stop waiting no way

It’ll be the same in my world I’m your boy You’re my Girl* - Gui Gui’s 2PM I’ll be back ringtone

“Hello?” Gui gui asks as she picks up the phone.
“Hey... its Taecyeon.” Taecyeon replied hesitantly, being a bit nervous at their first phone call.
“OH, annyeong Ok Taecyeon... how are you?” Gui gui asks happily, surprised that he had called her out of the blue.
“haha, I’m fine. You?” asks Taecyeon

“I’m good, I am actually heading out to film my mini drama now. We are going to Taipei to eat hoho.” replies Gui gui in a bright voice.
“Oh... you’re filming now? Are you busy at the moment, I can call later.” Taecyeon asks quickly, blaming himself on why he didn’t check her schedule beforehand.
“Noooo, it’s fine ! We are in the van now, it will take around 1 hour to get there. I’m glad you call, I was just thinking of Korea...” Gui gui replies
“Haha, BWOH? only Korea... ?” Taecyeon says jokingly
“NO, Ok Taecyeon too... and tteokbokki ! So delicious and samgyupsal... “ Gui gui says, mind wandering off to Korea again.
“Aish, this girl. Food again, haha. I hope you are eating well in Taiwan, wish I was there too.” Taecyeon says while laughing at her cuteness.
“Me too, it would be so fun with you here too.” gui gui says honestly, smiling at the thought.
“Maybe we can have our honeymoon there ! haha, so hows filming ?” Taecyeon asks with a smile.
“Hoho, its very fun. I realised I haven’t seen many of my friends for a long time, so its been great just catching up and filming again with them.” Gui gui says
“How is everything in Korea? are you tired from preparing for your album?” Gui gui continues.
“Its been very tiring but its been nearly two years since we last had a comeback. The fans have been waiting and I’m really pumped up for it, I hope everything goes well.” Taecyeon says in a slightly worried tone. It had been quite some time since they had a comeback, and during this time, they had practiced songwriting, dancing and singing non-stop. Hopefully, everything would turn out okay in the end he thought.
“Don’t worry, us fans have waited for so long - we will support 2PM all the way. We can’t wait hoho, I wish you can give me a sneak peak though...” Gui gui says with a pout
“Thanks Gui gui, but you know I can’t haha. Maybe after the album comes out okay?” Taecyeon replies and smiles as he imagines Gui gui holding up a 2PM sign during their comeback stage.
“Fine, oh and you know -
“Gui, we are going for a pit stop soon. Get your belongings ready...” WangZi interrupts Gui gui.
“Oh, Okay WangZi” Gui gui replies and turns back to her phone
“Who was that?” Taecyeon asks when he overheard a male voice in the background, calling out her name.
“It’s my good friend Wangzi, he is filming the drama with me.” Gui gui replies back
“Oh... I see. Well, okay.. I’ll text you later. Goodluck with your filming.” Taecyeon says in a slightly disappointed tone
“hmmm, okay. hoho, thank you Ok Taecyeon” Gui gui says and smiles at his encouragement


Gui gui hangs up the phone and her mood brightens after her conversation with Taecyeon. On the other hand, Taecyeon looks at his phone with his brows furrowed. He couldn’t help but feel a little bit worried, he recognises from his stalking obsession that WangZi was the main dude from Gui gui’s first drama. They did look like they have good chemistry, but the way Gui gui said good friends somehow irks him and for some reason, and he didn’t like it one bit.

 
 
AN: I am sooooo sorry. I haven't been updating lately... exams etc life etc... Sorry, but here it is ! If there is any MBLAQ fans out there WOOH A+ I have another fiction, featuring my beloved Seungho ! keke its got loads of swearing though so beware you have been warned ! Thanks again for reading 
Love, Strangebear