Don't come so close to me

The Odd Couple

 

“Everyone get into their positions ! On set, 3 - 2 - 1 ACTION !” announces the director loudly into the mic. There was a certain change in the atmosphere where the two actors met and certain unrecognisable expressions on their face. The tension in the air was pressing heavily onto them, as if daring people to even utter a word. They both stood on the top of the famous snowy yang mountain, facing each other yet eyes directed elsewhere, anywhere but at one another.Heavy snow piled at their feet- few feets tall, snow starting to fall above from the winter sky, lightly falling over their heads and thick coats. If no-one knew, it was as if they were shooting a romantic scene from some korean drama - of course, excluding the ominous expressions the actors wore on their faces.


“So, what do you want to do? Build a snowman, throw freezing snow balls at each other or visit the igloo over there?” asks Taecyeon with a forced smile on his face as the camera started rolling.
“....” Gui gui remained silent as if pondering over something relevant rather than answer him.

“Gui gui ? hello..? anyone home?” Taecyeon tries to joke to avoid the confused expression from the team. He slightly nudges her with his elbow to grab her attention, in hope of bringing her back into the real world. What the hell is she thinking about? how unprofessional...daydreaming on set he speaks aloud in his head.

“What?...oh Oh sorry Ok Taecyeon. I was too preoccupied admiring the lovely snow in Korea.” Than listening to your crap she says in her head.  Gui gui laughs brightly and puts on a fake smile while dragging his arm, padding her way to the igloo where the big polar bear stood.
“I want to see the cute polar bear and - WAHH” gui gui slips and falls down hard onto the snow.
“So clumsy, haha. Come on - get up before you catch a cold” Taecyeon reaches his hand down and captures hers before pulling her swiftly up on her feet. The camera swiveled and zoomed into the scene, capturing the innocent and romantic touch of the two - however, unable to catch the sinking of gui gui’s nail into Taecyeon’s hand - a silent way of telling him to not to touch her.
“Why thank you Ok Taecyeon, you are such a GENTLEMAN” Gui gui exclaims while pretending to hide her blushing face from the camera.

Who does he think he is? that bastard ! oh, he is examining his hand. Good, I hope I left a big scratch onto his skin as a reminder not to touch me without my permission. grrr.

 

“Hahaha, of course. Let’s just go into the igloo okay?” Taecyeon grits out slowly, trying very hard to smile when his hand was in pain from gui gui’s earlier actions. He couldn’t believe she actually scratched him like a cat. He attempts to glance at his hand discreetly and widened his eyes when saw big red splotchy claw marks down his hand.  

What the hell is wrong with this girl!!! She is freaking crazy.... what the hell? She is overreacting, seriously ! Aish, THIS GIRL !


“What are you doing over there gui gui?” Taecyeon calls out to her as she kneels down on the snow doing something he couldn’t see.
“Hey - OOFT ..’” Taecyeon splutters as a big snow ball hits him right in his face, covering his hair, eyebrows, eyes and mouth full of cold icy snow. His vision was blocked from the snow and he stumbles on the icy surface, he flails his arms to gain balance but he fails and falls down onto the ground. Taecyeon sighs as he lays on the snow, he knew this was payback - a small teensy part of him knew that she was disappointed and by the way he acted before, he really deserved it. He lifts his arm across his forehead and starts thinking back when everything had changed, when he learned not to trust anyone anymore, how innocent he was to believe that everything would be fine. He had lost his pride and his best friend all to the same group of people he had believed to be his supporters, the people he trusted the most. He won’t feel vulnerable anymore, not in a million years will he let history repeat itself. I can’t trust her... I can’t put my family and friends at risk again...


He flutters his eyes open and widens in surprise when he sees the person he was thinking about right in his face. Literally, right in his face. She had slipped on the snow again - blame the flats she wore which had a rather smooth surface, and landed accidentally on top of him. Her long hair fell from her shoulders and slightly tickled his neck and cheeks. She was so close to him, he could even feel her cold breath against his and as they stared silently at each other. Taecyeon stared into her large brown eyes, he could see snow stuck onto her thick lashes - without thinking he lifted his hand to brush it off.

Gui gui held her breath, still frozen and didn’t know how to react in this situation. In her heart there was a mixture of emotions, she had liked this handsome man for so long - dreamed of this moment for more than a thousand times. Yet, she knew she couldn’t let her heart think at this moment right now, she could feel a surge of heat rise in her cheeks as his finger brushed against them.

“Waah, why is the surface so slippery here ?! We keep falling haha. Let’s go inside for now, I’m freezing.” Gui gui exclaims and lifts herself off Taecyeon and brushed his hand away while laughing and patting the snow off herself, avoiding his eyes at all cost.
“uh..yeah ! I’ll go buy coffee for us okay? Oh, milk tea for you.” Taecyeon mutters out before briskly getting up and walking towards the winter lodges.


What just happened... did I ? did I...seriously brush her cheek without thinking? Where the hell did that urge to touch her soft pink cheeks come from? what the hell... did I just think about her soft and smooth cheeks again. Yes I DID ! Taec, wake up - get a grip man. You’ve been practicing and training for too long - devoid of any girl interaction so this is the reason why you reacted that way okay? okay calm down... let’s just finish this filming in one piece !

 

Note: Italics are thoughts ~  I'm sorry the thoughts, povs and story is everywhere ! haha