The White Dress

The Odd Couple

AN: Firstly , I would like to apologise for the lateeeeee update ! I just realised looking back at the 'farewell post' I forgot to mention at the end of JULY not JUNE ! Got my results back - all good yipee! :) AND I'm still slowly catching up on WGM :/ I liked the FB page for this epic couple and I'm soooo surprised at the amount of Yeonjie/taecgui lovers out there. SO PROUD ! btw - wow so many new subs = more taecgui lovers ~ AND I see NEW YEONJIE/TAECGUI FANFICS ! I can't wait to get reading ^ ^ yooohooo ~ 
I'm sorry if this chappy wasn't too fulflling :( anyways off to the story and I shall reply to my lovely readers ! Thank you so much again for the support guys :) LOVE YOU GUYS :) 

 


The time was ticking ever so slowly, each second passing seemed like years as I waited for Gui gui, my wife. An hour ago, we had entered the wedding plan building where our wedding photo shoots were to be taken place. The moment we stepped into the parlour, I could see Gui gui’s eyes lighting up in excitement and happiness at the sight of the pure, white gowns - as if she was to actually get married in one of them. I stared at every dress they had on display, from the stunning traditional white bodice with tight corsets to intricate laced dresses with glamorous necklines. I couldn’t put it in words on how much I was looking forward to seeing her in a wedding dress. It was as if I was actually a real-life groom waiting for his wife, unable to hold his excitement for the moment he sees his beautiful wife, his wife - even the sound of the title made my cheeks tingle in happiness.

“Oppa, is anyone coming to visit and take the photos with us today?” calls out Gui gui from behind the red velvet curtains.
“Hmm, I don’t know yet...I will call some people now. Any suggestions?” I reply back and unlocked my phone, scrolling through my list of contacts which mostly consisted of other idols from the other groups.
“NICHKHUN!” shouts Gui gui excitedly and I turn my head up to glare at her through the curtains. How dare this woman call another man so happily in front of me, especially a member so close to me.
“Yah, why? why are you so happy huh? Why did you choose Nichkhun?” I gritted out, trying to restrain myself from betraying my jealousy towards my group member.
“Well...firstly, he is SOOO handsome, and cute and he is like a prince. So I wish I could meet him....hehe” she says while giggling.
“No, not Nichkhun. Never. I’m going to call Seulong from 2AM, do you know?” I said in a firm tone, shaking my head at the thought of Nichkhun meeting Gui gui.
“I know ! Seulong-Ong-Ong-oppa, he sings very good. But why not Nichkhun oppa? I want to see Nichkhun oppa” she says.
“YAH! Don’t call them oppa. Call them Seulong SHI, Nichkhun SHI - arraso? and just because I said so, anyways.... uhh Nichkhun is busy with training these days.” I reply loudly in an irritated tone. I can’t believe this girl, already calling everyone her oppa...geez, I thought I was her only oppa. Aish, I’m such a girl, getting annoyed by such little things...

 

*RIIIINNNNG*

“Yeobosaeyo?” Seulong answers his phone in a deep voice.
“Uh, yah ! It’s me. Are you busy?” I ask casually.
“Oh yeah ! I’m at home right now, what’s up?” he replies back.
“Uhhh, yeah? good good. Well, you know I’m getting our wedding photos taken today and I want you to visit yeah?” I ask knowing he would say yes.
“Sure bro, want me to bring anything? soju, side dishes?or should I just hold your gown behind you when you’re taking the photos?” Seulong jokes and I could hear laughter in the background, probably the other 2AM members.
“No, you wish ! I’m all good, dude...soju? You’re on broadcast right now... you drunkard ! anyways, I’m hanging up. See you soon.” I say back loudly before hitting the end button. I laughed a bit after the phone call and continued scrolling down my contacts list to see who else I should call, someone who wouldn’t be a threat. I hear faint murmuring and giggles behind the curtains and I tapped my foot impatiently, wondering what would take so long just to change.

“Oppa, I’m done !” calls out Gui gui finally.


The red velvet curtains slide open dramatically and there stood Gui gui dressed in a pure white long gown, eyes glittering in excitement and anticipation. I was speechless in that moment, literally... I know it was cheesy but she looked like a princess straight from a storybook. She was like a picture of pure innocence in that white dress as she spun around, and the lace hem swirling at her feet. She made my heart beat much faster than before and I suddenly had the urge to just grab her and hold her tight in my arms. I watched, studied her as she twirled across the white platform, like a swan gliding across a crystal clear lake.
“So...? What do you think?” a soft voice brings me back to reality, and I suddenly realise I had been staring at her wordlessly for the past 5 minutes in front of the camera.
“..uhh... very good ! You look g-g-good” I stammer out and lower my head in embarrassment when I head the crew snickering quietly.
“Really? I like this dress...” Gui gui says with a contented sigh and stares at her reflection in the full length mirror. In that moment, she caught my stare from the reflection and we both held our gaze - unmoving, caught in that moment we shared quietly behind the camera’s careful watch.
“CUT ! okay guys, good job. Let’s take a break here !” the director announces.

The crowd of staffs dispersed slowly, eventually leaving us sitting on the comfy love seat. I sat beside her, the silence echoing every small sounds of approval she made as she looked through the polaroids we took. I was suddenly aware of even the slightest movement she made, the occasional brushing of our knees - the touch of her elbow against my arm and the comforting warmth radiating off her body. Man, I sound like a ert... but I was nervous, so nervous that I didn’t know what to say to her for the very first time since we met. I couldn’t even bring myself to look at her, just seeing her from my peripheral vision made my palms sweat. What the hell is happening to me?

“Oppa, this dress looks the best right? I really like the hemline on this dress …” Gui gui begins and nudges my arm to grab my attention. I glance at the photo of the dress, but instead of looking at the dress I only stared at her smiling face in the photo. All of a sudden, a small hand swooped down across my face and the same face popped up right in my face. My eyes widened in surprise and I made some unmanly sound while leaning back quickly against the leather couch.
“hahaha, did you hear yourself? you sound like a girl ! what’s wrong? I noticed you have been zoning out a bit today..is something wrong?” she asks me with a concerned smile, leaning closer as if she was judging if I was sick or not. I tried to lean back again from the sudden closeness of our faces, feeling a small heat rising up my neck. I could see her face so clearly- her large brown doe eyes staring up towards mine, along with a faint sweet fruity scent that infiltrated my senses. Everything about her was making my head feeling a little too light for my liking and I shook my head slightly to clear it. I couldn’t focus on anything but as my eyes dropped down to her lips, I was instantly attracted to every small movement of them. The slight movement of her upper lips, the small pout she made unconsciously and the pink shimmery gloss she had on. I leaned forward without realising. Within moments, as I watched Gui gui’s mouth open in surprise, my eyes flickered back to hers and then I realised just how close I was. I could even count her eyelashes as she blinked several times in shock, or if I made the slightest movement - our lips would touch, ever so lightly. I would be lying if I said that a part of me didn’t scream out score the goal - right now and just go for it but I hesitated, and as if Gui gui saw through my hesitation, she stood up quickly and ran out of the room. It suddenly hit me realising what an idiot I was - my heart sinked in regret and despair slowly consumed me as I watched the trailing of her white laced dress turning the corner and the door closing shut.