Nice to Meet You. I Think

Ride of a Lifetime

 

A/N: Italics=English

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Who are you, and why are you in mine and Sungmin’s room?” He asked harshly.

“M-my name is Autumn.” I bowed to him, shaking slightly. “I’ll be staying here for a while and I’m going to help take care of Sungmin-ah.” Sc-scary maknae o_o Thank goodness Kangin came back in then with all I asked for. “Ah! Thank you oppa!” I grabbed the pills and glass of water. “Put the bowl and rag on his nightstand.” He did, then stood next to Kyuhyun who was leaning against the door frame. I gently shook Sungmin’s shoulder.

“Sungmin oppa. Hey, oppa, you need to wake up and take this medicine. Then you can go back to sleep.” His eyes fluttered open and he let out a weak moan.

“Autumn?” he rasped. Aw…poor baby.

“Shh…It’s okay. Just sit up and take this. We need to break your fever. You can go back to sleep after.” He sat up and took the pills. “Can you tell me how you are feeling? What you are feeling?” He let out a painful sounding cough and I flinched. The poor thing.

“I’m achy and cold. Bad cough. Headache. Exhausted.” I nodded. Classic flu symptoms.

“Sungmin-oppa, I think you have the flu. I’ll help you break your fever, but sleep is what you need right now. Go ahead and rest.” He nodded and his head lolled back onto the pillow. Within seconds, he was asleep. I dampened the rag and wiped his face gently. I rinsed and rang out the rag, then placed it on his forehead.

“There,” I whispered, standing up. “I’ll check on him in a little bit.” Kangin, Kyuhyun and I walked out of the room, shutting the door quietly. “I need to wash my hands. Bathroom?”

“Right here.” Kangin opened a door on our right and let me in.

“Thanks.” I walked in and shut the door. That’s when I finally let my composure slip. Oh. Dear. God. How can this be happening? Not only am I about to audition for SM Entertainment, but I am staying in the SuJu dorms, TAKING CARE OF SuJu’s Aegyo King, Sungmin. I let out a shaky sigh and splashed some water on my face. I sighed again, watching the water drip off of my chin and nose. I grabbed the towel and wiped it before walking out into the den.

“How’s Minnie?” Siwon asked when I got back. I sat down on the open seat next to Kyuhyun and my heart started racing. I hardly noticed that he scooted farther away from me. I cleared my throat.

“He’s running a high fever. I think he may have the flu. At least, that’s what all his symptoms indicate. That or a really bad cold. Right now though, the fact that he has a fever means he’s contagious, so none of you need to be in there. The flu is notorious for spreading really quickly. He’s quarantined until his fever breaks. I’ve had the flu before, so I know how to take care of him. He just needs some rest and some orange juice and Tylenol.” I smiled.

“Yah!” Wookie yelled/shrieked from the kitchen, causing most of us to jump. “Can I get some help in here?!” I jumped up and ran into the kitchen to see Wookie balancing three tins of cake in his hands.

“Oppa!” I grabbed a hot pad and caught a pan before it fell. “Oh gosh oppa. You should have taken multiple trips.” I set the tin down. “Are you okay?” His face was flushed, but he nodded, setting down the other two pans.

“Yeah, I’m okay. Thank you. It’s nice to see you again Autumn-ssi.”

“It’s good to see you too, Wookie-oppa. And please, no need for formalities with me. I’m American, we don’t use them there.” I smiled at him and he nodded. “I’ll leave you to your cooking. It smells really good.” 

“Thank you!” He called as I walked back into the den yet again.

“Is Wookie okay?” Yesung asked nervously. Um, YeWook much? I smiled to myself, the inner shipper squealing to herself.

“Yeah, he’s fine. He tried to carry three pans of cake at once and almost dropped all of them.” I chuckled and sat back down next to Kyuhyun. He tensed up and I frowned a little. Is he okay?

“Wouldn’t be the first time,” Donghae murmured under his breath. An awkward silence filled the room.

“So, Autumn-ssi.” I jumped at Shindong’s loud voice.

“Yeah? Oh, and you guys don’t need to be so formal with me. I’m from America and we don’t use formalities like ‘ssi’ and ‘ah.’ You can just call me Autumn. And while I’m thinking about it, I apologize if I forget to use formalities when I speak.” I smiled at them and they all laughed a little.

“Okay. Anyways, will you tell us about yourself? It would be nice to know who you are.” The others nodded along with him.

“Oh, sure. How about you guys ask me questions? One at a time.” Kangin clapped and stood up.

“I’ll go first. What with me being the handsomest here and all.” The others groaned. “Yah! You wanna fight?” They all lazily shook their heads as I watched with slight amusement. These boys…Kangin grunted then turned to me. “How many are in your family?”

“Counting me, five.”

“How many siblings?” Donghae piped up.

“Three. An older brother, a younger brother, and a younger sister.”

“Wait…” Siwon held up his hands, counting. “So, you only have one parent?” I nodded. “If you don’t mind, what happened?” I took a deep breath. Do I really want to tell them this? Right after I met them? We’re still practically strangers…

“I’ll tell you, but treat me no different. Swear, you will treat me the same as if you didn’t know what happened. Am I clear?” They all nodded. “Okay.” I took another deep breath.

“Military service isn’t mandatory in America unless a situation is so drastic that we need to have a draft, mandatory service of the capable men. Four years ago, my older brother left for the military. It was only about a week and a half after he had left that a burglar broke into my house.” I stared over all of their heads, remembering everything that happened as if it were yesterday. “He came into my room first. I don’t think he would have noticed me if I hadn’t started crying. He turned around and saw me, jumping on me. He slapped my face and started trying to get my clothes off, so I started screaming.” I felt my eyes water up and blinked back tears as I brought my feet up to the couch, wrapping my arms around them. I always felt small thinking back on the event.

                “My dad came in with a gun and was going to shoot the guy, except he was on me and my dad didn’t want to hit me by mistake. The rest of the fight went really quickly. The guy got off of me a pulled his own gun out. I heard some yelling and a few gun shots and then the guy was on the floor, dead. My dad was leaning against the wall, holding his stomach with blood dripping down his chin and around his fingers that were pressing on his stomach.” I paused for a minute, closing my eyes.

                “We took him to the hospital and, in short, he died during surgery.” I laid my head on my knees. Just keep breathing Autumn. You need to keep breathing and keep your cool. I felt a pair of arms wrap around me and I looked up to see Donghae hugging me. “Hae-oppa?” He looked up at me with shining eyes.

“I know how you feel, Autumn.” I looked at him, confused for a moment, then remembered that Donghae had lost his dad too. I nodded and leaned on him, wrapping my arms around him and returning the hug.

“Thank you oppa. Thank you so much.” I closed my eyes, resting on him. The rest of the guys were silent. My eyes snapped open when I heard a painful sounding cough from Sungmin’s room. I got up and went to him.

He looked so pitiful. He was lying on his side, curled up into a ball and coughing his lungs out.

“Oh Oppa…” I walked over to his bedside. “Are you awake?” I whispered. He moaned. “Here, sit up.” I placed my hand on his back and helped him sit up. He lurched into another coughing fit. “I’ll be right back.” I ran into the kitchen. “Wookie-oppa?” He turned from frosting the cake to look at me. “Can you make a cup of warm tea with a little honey and mint in it? It’s for Sungmin’s cough.”

“Sure! Give me two minutes.” I nodded and went back to Sungmin. I grabbed the rag and wiped his forehead again.

“When did you get here?” He asked weakly.

“About two hours ago. I’m staying here until my audition next week.” He closed his eyes, breath rasping through his lips. Oh, the poor boy. “I’m so sorry you feel like this oppa. I’ve been through the same thing, the flu. It almost killed me,” I whispered. Wookie came in with the tea.

“How are you feeling Hyung?” He asked quietly, handing me the tea. Sungmin just shook his head.

“Thank you oppa,” I said, looking up at a worried Wookie. “Here oppa. Drink some of this. It will help your cough.” Sungmin took a small sip and grimaced.

“It hurts,” he whined.

“Shh. It’s okay. The pain will go away soon. I promise.” I wiped his forehead and put the cup back on the stand. “Rest now. I’ll come and check on you soon.” He nodded and quickly fell back asleep. When I walked back into the den, all of the seats were taken as Wookie had joined the group. I contemplated sitting on the ground.

“Where am I supposed to sit?” I asked cautiously, thinking Yesung would make me sit on him again.

“You’re not!” Hyukkie laughed like a mad man.

“Come again?” I quirked up my eyebrow and placed my hands on my hips, cocking them to one side.

“They want you to dance and sing for us,” Siwon explained.

“You want me to WHAT?” I asked in disbelief. Did they really want to see me dance and sing? Really?! I mean Wookie, Siwon and Minnie all saw it already, but REALLY?!

“Perform!” Yesung cheered. The guys all prodded me on. I crossed my arms, thinking. Siwon and Wookie should have kept their mouths shut on that one…I’m tired and not really ready to dance…

“Fine.” I said slowly, giving in. “But then you perform for me, okay? This, or no show.”

“Alright!” Hae-oppa quickly agreed. I smiled.

“Hyung!” Kyuhyun whined. I looked at him, confused. Was this really a big deal?

“What? We should perform for the nice lady. She’s taking care of Sungmin after all,” Hae reasoned. Kyu grumbled and sat back, arms crossed as he glared at the ground.

“Let me go get my music.” I ran down the hall to my room Kangin had left open and I grabbed my iPod and speakers. “What do you want me to sing? How about… ‘y, Free, and Single’? I can sing Kyuhyun-ssi’s part.” The guys were fine with it so I set up my speakers and started the music, getting down on my knee.

~Every single day I try 
Jeongmal geoui da wass-eo 
We get closer to a good time 
Silyeondeul-e Say goodbye 
Oh! ~

I kept stealing glances at them while I danced the best I could in the crowded den. They all looked impressed. Save Kyuhyun. Why does he look mad? 0_0 I shook my head and finished dancing.

~y, Free, and Single I’m ready too, Bingo.”

I ended, facing the boys along the wall. They clapped and cheered.

“That was really good Autumn,” Kibum said with a smile.

“Thank you oppa.” I laughed a sat down, excited after dancing as I usually was. “What will you dance?” They murmured amongst themselves for a few minutes before turning around and smiling at me.

“Don’t Don?” Ryeowook asked. I brightened.

“I love that song.”

“ Do you have just the music?” I nodded.

“Here,” They got set and I pressed play. I smiled, watching them dance and sing. There is a reason these boys are loved around the world, and it doesn’t have to do completely with their abs and looks. They all looked happy to be performing for me, even if it was cramped. Well, everyone except Kyuhyun…Again. I’m starting to get the feeling that he doesn’t like me that much, which broke my heart. When they finished dancing, Kyuhyun stood up and stormed out of the room. The other boys just watched him go. “Did…did I do something wrong?” Donghae threw his arm around my shoulders.

“No. He’s just moody. He gets like this sometimes. He’s gonna go have some alone time with Starcraft. He should be better afterwards.”

“Oh. Okay…” I let out a small yawn. “I’m going to call my family and best friend, then go to bed.” I slid out of Hae’s grip. “Goodnight.” I bowed and padded down the hall to my room. I pulled out my clothes and computer. Letting my hair down as it booted up, I grimaced. I need a shower. BAD. I stuck my head out of the door.  “Oppas? May I use the shower please?”

“Sure!” Kangin yelled.

“Thank you!” I grabbed my things and skipped to the bathroom, hopping into the shower. The warm water felt really relaxing as it flowed over my skin. I was done quickly and dried off and dressed. I slipped back into my room and opened my computer, tying up my short black and purple hair into a small pony tail while it booted back up from idle. I tell you, I must be psychic because as soon as I opened Skype, I got a call from my family. I answered it, smiling when I saw their faces all crowded around the computer.

“Hey everyone!” I waved.

“Hi!” They chorused.

“So you made it safely?” my mom asked me.

Yep. And I have a place to stay as well. It’s nice and my roommates are all really kind.”

Are you staying at the SM dorms?” Abby asked.

Yes and no. I’m staying at SM owned dorms, but with another idol group.”

“Who?”

“Super Junior.”

NO WAY!” Abby screamed.

Sh! They’re outside hun!” There was a knock on my door. “Come in!” I called. Siwon poked his head in my door. “Oh, Siwon-oppa.”

Siwon is there?” Abby asked.

Yes, Abby. He’s here.” I waved him in and he walked over to me.

“We just heard a scream and wanted to check on you,” he said.

“Thank you. My sister is a big E.L.F. and got excited when I told her where I was staying, is all.” He looked at the screen.

“Her?”

“Yep.”

Hello Abby-ssi.” He smiled and waved. Abby waved back frantically.

Hello Siown-ssi!” She called. I chuckled at her antics. Such a fangirl. She makes me so proud sometimes.

Guys. This is Choi Siwon of Super Junior. He’s one of the boys I’m staying with.”

“Hello!” they called.

“Siwon-ah, this is my family.” I pointed to each member in turn. “My mother, my older brother Aiden, my little brother Michael and my little sister Abby.”

Hello everyone. It is nice to meet you. Autumn is a wonderful girl.” My mother smiled.

Thank you young man.” She said.

“Yah! Choi Siwon!” Aiden called. Uh-oh…that’s his warning voice. “You had better take care of my little sister, or else I’m coming to Korea to beat you all up.”

“I’ll take care of her, don’t worry. I’ll let you alone now, Autumn.” He stood up and walked out of the room.

“Thank you!” I called. “Well, how are you guys doing?”

That. Was. AWESOME! He’s so handsome and gorgeous and beautiful and-”

“Abby… You are fangirling again.” I cut her off. “But yes. Yes he is. He’s a real gentleman too, not just on TV.” I smiled, thinking of the plane ride. “How are you doing, Michael?”

“I’m good. We miss you, sis.” I smiled at me little brother.

“I miss you guys too. So much.” My eyes pricked with tears, but I held them back.

“Hey, keep your chin up girl. We are all rooting for you here. Fighting!” Aiden said, punching the air. Oh, how I love him.

“Thanks bro,” I giggled. “Well, it’s getting late here, so I’m going to go ahead and turn in. I’ll call you guys soon. I love you all! Saranghae!”  I made a heart with my arms.

We love you too, Autumn. Stay safe!” My mother called before we disconnected. I laughed as I opened up another call to my best friend and practically sister.

Autumn! Are you in Korea yet?!” Mom must have let her know I was leaving. She was running around her room, frantically cleaning.

Would I be calling you on Skype if I were still on the plane? Yeah, I’m here and all settled in to where I’m gonna be staying before audition.”

“Where are you staying then?”  I grinned, ready to break the news when I heard Sungmin coughing again. “Oh, hold on. I need to go check on someone. I’ll be right back.” I got up, leaving my computer open and the call connected. As I passed through the den, I let a warning drop. “Don’t go in my room, oppas.” I used my ‘mom voice’ as I passed them. When I got to Sungmin’s door, I gently pushed it open to see him still curled up on his side. He was awake, but only just, the poor thing.

“Oppa,” I whispered. “I’m here to give you some more medicine.” I grabbed the glass and pills, handing them to him then dabbing down his forehead again. He was starting to sweat, so hopefully his fever was breaking. “How are you feeling?”

“I’m so tired…And…” He cast his eyes down and the tips of his ears turned red.

“And…?”

“And… Ineedtousethebathroom…” He rushed under his breath. I smirked.

“What was that?”

“I….I need to use the bathroom.” He looked up at me from under his eyelashes. Oh, silly rabbit. I chuckled at him.

“Okay, I’ll help you there.” I helped him up and he leaned on me as we made our way down the hall. He looked so cute in his pink bunny PJ’s, even in his sickly state. He isn’t the Aegyo king for nothing, I’ll say that much. I helped him to the door and waited on him. The den was oddly silent, but I just shrugged it off. When he came out, I helped him back to his room and laid him down. “Rest now. Try and sleep. That’s the only thing that can really help to fight this off.” He nodded and smiled at me.

“Thank you Autumn-ah. Goodnight.” I smiled and wiped his hair out of his eyes.

“You’re welcome. Goodnight Sungmin-oppa.” I turned off his light and headed back to my room. Man, Lindsay was gonna get a kick out of this! I walked through the empty den-wait- EMPTY DEN?! I sprinted into my room and saw EVERYONE there, talking with Lindsay. -_-*

“YAH! What are you doing in here?!” I yelled. They all looked up at me with wide eyes and froze.

“Uhh…” Donghae drawled.

“OUT! NOW!” I screamed. They scrambled off my bed and out of my room. “Aish!” I sighed and looked at my bed again. Eunhyuk was still there, chatting with Lindsay. “Yah! Monkey!”

It’s okay Autumn. I’m talking to him,” Lindsay’s voice called from my speakers.

Fine. Shove over, monkey,” I snapped, scooting onto the bed. “Lindsay! I was gonna surprise you, but that’s a moot point now. Yeah, I’m staying with Super Junior until my audition next week.”

“Why didn’t you call me sooner?!”

“I’ve been busy! Sungmin is sick with the flu or something after a stressful trip to America, so I’ve been taking care of him! After all, the mother of the group is gone at the moment.”

“Poor Sungminnie!” Eunhyuk poked my arm and I looked up at him.

“What?”

“I can speak English okay, but you’re talking really fast.” He pouted.

“Sorry,” I said. “She speaks Korean too. We can speak in that?” He nodded, flashing a gummy smile. “Hear that Linds? Speak in Han now.”

“Okay!”

“So, now that I’m here, we need to skype often. And you need to visit if I do get in!” For about thirty minutes, Eunhyuk talked with us, then he had to leave because of a busy schedule that night. Something about possibly being a radio DJ like he was with Sukira. Or maybe it was going back to Sukira…I don’t care. As soon as he was out, Lindsay started bouncing and giggling.

I just talked with my bias!”  She squeaked. “Sweet Eunhyukkie!”  I laughed at her fangirlyness.

You spaz.” I yawned. “Hey, I’m gonna turn in now. Call you tomorrow!”

“G’night!” I clicked the screen closed and shut down my computer.

“Oh, jeez. I already feel like a mother to these guys…” I stuck my head out the door. “Goodnight!” I called. A few called back, so I shut my door and slipped into bed, quickly passing out.

~~~~~~~~~~~

F0rever15: I'm sorry sorry sorry sorry this wasn't out last week! Life has gotten really hectic in getting ready for graduation and AP tests and all that jazz. ^.^' Anyways I-

Autumn: You got bored with us.

Sungmin: How could you get bored with us when I'm sick!

Yesung: She was writing BIGBANG oneshots...

Siwon: They aren't even SM...

F0rever15: Okay then! That's enough of that! No, I didn't forget you guys or get bored with you. I was struck with a sudden inspiration!

Autumn: You totally got bored with us.

F0rever15: AUTUMN! I'm going to stop allowing you in these chats. 

Autumn: Good luck with that. I'll get Kyuhyun to help me sneak back in.

Kyuhyun: I want no part in this.

F0rever15: ANYWAYS! Thanks for the support guys. I really appreciate it! Don't forget to leave a comment to let me know what you think!

Donghae: And subscribe so you won't miss a single chapter!

Siwon: And rate us! Let us know how well we're doing!

Super Junior: Thank you for supporting us!

F0rever15: And I couldn't find a good gif of angry!Kyu, so you get a mildly upset looking picture instead. ^^'

Kyuhyun: Hey!

F0rever15: Thanks for reading. SEE YOU NEXT TIME!