An Incidental Meeting

Ride of a Lifetime

 

A/N: Italics still mean Korean. :) Enjoy guys!

~~~~~~

Could that be...? Hmm… “Hey Michael. Go get us a table.” I kept my eyes locked on the face I found.

“Okay.” He walked off and got a relatively close table and I walked quickly over to the man looking at the map with a confused expression on his face. He looked like he was focusing really hard and his lips were moving slightly like he was trying to make sense of the words. I tapped his shoulder lightly and he turned to me, surprised. No way. My eyes widened slightly and I took a step back and bowed.

Pardon me, but are you Lee Sungmin-ssi?” He smiled at me.

Yeah,” he chirped. I’m not joking, the man CHIRPED! Alright, time to test my formal Korean.

“You seemed lost. Are you?”

Yeah. I’m with Siwon right now, but I can’t find him. He wondered off. And now I don’t know where I am. I have a hard time with English…”He scratched the back of his neck. His face nearly gave me a heart attack.

“You and your aegyo…” I said in English under my breath. “Okay.” I switched back again. “Come with me. I need to talk to my mother, but then I can help you.” He nodded.

Thank you very much.” I smiled.

This way.” I waved him over to where my mom and Michael were sitting. “Mom!” I said happily. She looked up and smiled.

“Autumn. Who’s this handsome young man?” I smiled.

Sungmin-ssi. Come meet my mother.” He stood next to me. Oh God, he’s so freaking cute! “Mom, this is Lee Sungmin from Super Junior.” I turned to Sungmin. “This is my mother, Angela.” He bowed.

“Hello, noona.” He said in English.

“Hello Sungmin.” She smiled and stuck her hand out and he took it quickly.

“Mom, I need to go help Sungmin find a friend. He’s lost.” My mom nodded.

“Okay. I’ll have Michael call you when we are leaving.”

“Thanks Mom. Let’s go Sungmin-ssi.” He bowed to my family and turned to follow me. I looked up at the adorable man next to me. “Do you know where Siwon-ssi might have gone?”

 “Book store or pet store.” I nodded.

Okay, well the book store is closest. This way.” He followed me silently and I stole a glance at him. “Sungmin-ssi? Are you okay?”

“Oh!” His eyes snapped to focus. “I’m sorry. I’m just….thinking.”

“About Leeteuk-ssi?” I took a shot in the dark and Sungmin’s eyes got big.

“How’d you know?” I shrugged.

“All of the ELF are talking about it. He left a few months ago for service. We’re all sad about it. He’s the wonderful, goofy, mother-like leader of Super Junior.” I looked down at my folded hands as we walked. “I’ll miss him, but I know it’s going to be okay. He’ll come back just like Kangin-ssi did and Heechul-ssi will. Leeteuk fighting!” I smiled goofily to myself and Sungmin smiled with me.

You’re a good ELF.” He patted my head. Did I forget to mention he was a good head taller than me? Well, he is. “Teukie hyung would like you.” I led him into the book shop and straight to the stairs. Siwon shouldn’t be that hard to find, right?

“This way.” I tugged on Sungmin’s hand and pulled him up to the second floor. “It’s all children’s books on the first floor. If Siwon-ssi is here, he’d be up stairs.” Lo and behold, when we got to the second floor, there was Siwon, sitting in a chair and reading a newspaper with a concentrated look on his face.

“Siwon-ah!” Sungmin called happily. The other man looked up curiously though his glasses at us.

Oh, hyung. Where have you been? I’ve been waiting for you.”  He stood up and came over to us. I guess he didn’t see me half hidden behind Sungmin. My heart rate skyrocketed.

I’ve been looking for you. You wandered off dummy.” Siwon laughed at Sungmin’s pout. However, his laugh died when he saw me poke my head around Sungmin. I stood back and bowed.

Who’s this?” Siwon asked.

Hello, Siwon-ssi. My name is Autumn.” When I stood back up, Siwon had a slightly surprised expression on his face. Guess he wasn’t expecting me to be able to speak Hangul.

Oh, uh, hi.  It’s nice to meet you.” He stuck out his hand for me to shake and I accepted it. God, I hope my hands aren’t sweaty like they tend to get when I’m nervous.

Autumn helped me find you, Siwon-ah.”  The aegyo king grinned at me and I blushed.

“Oh! Thank you Autumn,” Siwon thanked me in English.

“Are you practicing your English, Siwon-ssi?” Oh geez. Switching back and forth between languages again... He nodded at me.

“I have been for a while. I’m getting good at it.” I smiled at him.

“Yeah, you are.” I grinned then looked at Sungmin. A very confused Sungmin. I was about to clear things up when my phone started singing “Bonamana.” I blushed and answered my phone. “Hello? … Oh, hi Mom.”

“We’re leaving sweetheart. Meet us at the entrance in a few minutes.”

“Okay, I will. I love you Mom.”

“Love you too sweety.” I locked my phone and turned back to the guys.

I need to leave, but, may I get a picture with you two?”

“Sure!” Siwon grinned at me. I gave my phone to a sales clerk and stood with Siwon and Sungmin. They each wrapped their arms around my waist and rested their heads on my shoulders. We all smiled as the clerk snapped a picture.

“Thanks.” I turned the men behind me and bowed deeply. “Thank you so much. You’ve made me very happy. Please be safe and healthy. Super Junior fighting!” They laughed and waved at me as I ran off.

“There she is!” Aiden picked me up and swung me around when I got to the entrance. “Where’d you go?”

“I was in the book store, helping someone find a friend.”

“Who?” Abby asked as we headed to the car.

“Sungmin and Siwon from Super Junior.” I smiled at her as she jumped up and down, fangirling.

“No. Way!”

“Way. Here, I took a picture with them.” I showed her the picture of a very happy me with the two idols.

“Wah! You’re so lucky! Siwon oppa is so cute!!!” Aiden laughed and picked her up.

“He’s a little old for you little one.” She pouted and crossed her arms.

“I know.” When we got back in the car, I sat back and watched my family. They all looked so happy, laughing with each other and tossing a ball around. I felt a twinge of sadness watching it. I’m going to miss this.

“Alright,” I said as we got back to the house. “I’m going to go finish packing.” Everyone gave their acknowledgement as I padded up the stairs. I quickly Bonamana and started singing as I pulled clothes from my closet and drawers. It got to a point where I just started singing and dancing when I heard a chuckle. Aiden was standing in my doorway watching me.

“Hey Aiden. What’s up?” I continued my previously forgotten packing.

“You’ve really grown up, you know that?” He asked quietly.

“What do you mean?”

“When I left years ago, you were still a silly teenager who hated the world. Now look at you. Heading to Korea to start a career.” He smiled at me like a proud father would and I set down my clothes.

“What are you getting at?” I asked quietly.

“I’m amazed how quickly you grew up.”

“Four years without a dad or big brother will do that to you,” I whispered, sitting down. I could feel the tears coming on. Why now? Aiden sighed and came to sit next to me. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into him. I could feel the tears starting to run down my cheeks.

“You’re mad at me.”

“No!” I looked up at him quickly. He had so much pain in his eyes. “No, I’m not mad…I’m sad. I’m sad I went all of those years without either of you. The years I needed you the most.” My voice choked off at the end in a sob.

“Hey, hey, hey. Don’t cry. I’m here now. Big brother’s home. Oppa’s got you.” I grabbed his shirt and curled up in his lap. He rubbed soothing circles on my back while I cried. When I finally calmed down to the point where my sobs were just little hiccups, he sat me back on the bed. “It’s already three forty-five. You need to finish packing chica.” He ruffed my hair and I pouted.

“Alright. Thanks Aiden.” He smiled at me and left me in my room. I let out a sigh and flopped onto my bed. The rest of the day flew by and before I knew it, my alarm was screaming at me to get up. It was the day I would be leaving. I quickly got ready and quietly moved my things downstairs, trying not to wake anyone up. The lights were already on and when I rounded the corner, I saw everyone sitting at the table.

“Morning Autumn! We made pancakes!” Abby giggled, showing me the plate of bright blue pancakes. I smiled and patted her on the head.

“Morning guys! I didn’t think you would all be awake at this hour.” I smiled and sat down to eat my pancakes.

“Of course sweetie! We wouldn’t miss this. After you finish, Aiden will drive you to the airport.” I nodded, cutting into the blue deliciousness.

“Wow! Mom, these are the best you’ve made yet!” I smiled and she blushed. I finished up my food and put my plates in the sink. “Okay. Looks like I’m ready to go.” I brushed my hands on my jeans then grabbed my carry on.

“’Kay. I’ll take your stuff to the car.” Aiden grabbed my suitcase and headed out the door. I turned to my family. Time to say goodbye.

“I love you all so much. I’ll miss you guys.” I grabbed my mom in a hug and kissed her. Then I grabbed Abby and spun her around, earning a delighted squeal. “Bye bye Abby love. I’ll call you guys on Skype when I get settled in, okay?” She nodded and buried her head in my shoulder. I squeezed her and set her back on the floor. “Michael…” I turned to my little brother. He was hiding behind his bangs and his shoulders were shaking. I grabbed him in a tight hug. “I love you little bro. I’ll miss you. Be strong for Mom and Abby okay?” He nodded into my neck and hugged me back. I laughed lightly as he let me go. “Keep your chin up kid.” He smiled up at me. Oh, what a cute kid. I ruffled his hair and waved. “Bye guys. I love you all!” I ran out the door, closing it behind me. I slid into the passenger seat and slipped on my sunglasses. “Let’s roll,” I said in mock seriousness.

“Yes ma’am.” Aiden slid his glasses on as he gunned the engine. We sped off to the airport, laughing at our goofyness. This is why I love my big brother. The ride to the airport was short and comfortably silent. And finished all too quickly. When we got inside, Aiden helped me to bag check then walked me over to security.

“Well, this is it, Sis. Time for you to head off to face your destiny!” He said dramatically. I giggled and hit him lightly on the arm. I blinked a few times and felt my eyes get watery. And here come the tears.

“Aiden…I love you so much. Take care of Mom and the kids for me.” I smiled up at him with teary eyes. He grinned at me and grabbed me in a hug.

“I love you too,” he whispered in my hair. He let me go and I was about to move to security when he grabbed my hand. “Hey, I have something for you.” He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small black box. He handed it to me and I opened it letting out a small gasp when I saw what was inside.  It was a necklace. A beautiful necklace. It was a small silver link chain with a start charm. The star had a different color stone in each of the five points and a diamond in the center. I ran my fingers over the charm.

“A…Aiden… It’s so pretty.” I looked up at him with wet eyes and quickly wrapped him in a hug. Oh, God. I’m going to miss him so much. “Thank you so much,” I mumbled into his shirt. He gently kissed my head again.

“You’re welcome. Now hurry up and get out of here. You’ll miss your flight, and I simply can’t allow that.” I nodded and slipped the necklace into my carry on.

“Okay. Goodbye Aiden. Call me often!” I waved and walked over to security. There really wasn’t much of a line for once.

“Bye Autumn.” I heard him call. I took a deep breath and got in line.

I made it through security without a problem and moved over to the wing where my flight was loading. I sat down in a chair next to an older woman who had been in line in front of me at security.

“I’m sure you’ll see your lover again soon young lady. I remember being young and in love. You’ll make it through.” I looked up at the woman next to me.

“I beg your pardon?”

“ I saw you with that handsome young man. You two make quite a couple. I can tell you love each other very much. You’ll make it through this trip.” She smiled kindly at me and I blushed a deep red.

“Oh! Yes, I love him dearly, but that is because he’s my brother. We are in no way romantically involved.” The woman looked shocked.

“I am so sorry. I just assumed, and, well, you know what they say about that!” She laughed lightly and I couldn’t help but laugh with her. What a sweet lady.

“It’s not a problem. I guess we did look like a couple parting didn’t we? It’s just, he went away to war four years ago and got back just yesterday. Now I’m leaving for Korea and I’m not sure when I’ll see him again.” I looked down at my folded hands, the ache of homesickness already in my heart.

“Well, if you love your family that much, it won’t be an issue. I know what it’s like to be away from home, but you seem like a strong girl. I’m sure you will do just fine. Besides, you can call him, yes?” She smiled at me.

“Yeah. Thank you.” I smiled back at her. “Thank you for being so kind to an absolute stranger.” There need to be more people like this woman in the world.

“You are very welcome sweet heart. Well, I’m off to my flight to Tokyo. Have fun in Korea.” She stood and grabbed her purse.

“Thank you. Safe travels ma’am!” I smiled at her. After she had left, I popped in one of my headphones, “Opera,” and started people watching. Have you ever just watched the people in an airport? I gotta tell ya that you will never see a more intriguing mix of people. There was an Asian family sitting near the gate watching a movie on the dad’s iPad. There were mainly business men and women around, chatting on their earpieces with briefcases and laptop bags in their laps and there were some teens who looked like they were headed to a rock concert. There also looked to be a Bleach enthusiast standing against one of the support columns. She was dressed as Yoruichi, purple hair and all. Why? I couldn’t tell ya. Cosplayers are scary people. I shook my head and leaned back into my chair, closing my eyes.

“Business class for flight seven-three-seven to South Korea is now boarding.” I stood up and grabbed my bag before walking over to the gate. Oh geez. Here we go. 

~~~~~~

F0rever15: Sound the trumpets! Number two is done! Yeah, so I updated a bit earlier than I thought I would, 'cause we had a snow day at school today! :3 Yippee! Anyways, we finally get to see a couple of the SuJu boys, which is nice.

Autumn: Suminnie is so cute!!!

Sungmin: Thanks Autumn-ah! What do you expect from someone with the name of Aeygo King?

F0rever15: ...Sungmin oppa...hush. I was in the middle of talking. ANYWAYS. Yeah. You may or may not get another update this week. I have a lot of tests to study for and scholarship stuff to fill out for college. Wish me luck in that! :) In the next chapter there is a lot to look forward to, so please continue reading! 

Siwon: Don't forget to drop us a comment to tell us how we are doing! We apreciate you reading, but please don't be a silent reader!

Autumn: And subscribe! Subscriptions make Author-nim very happy.

Sungmin: And if you come back to get to see more of me! Who doesn't love me?

Super Junior: We look forward to meeting you!

F0rever15: .......What they said....Thanks guys! See you in the next chapter ;) Oh, and there's a gif af Siwon's epic derp expressions. Just 'cause you met him in this chapter! 

Siwon: ...Why...Why do you hate me?

F0rever15: No such thing!