One Step Forward and Two Steps Back

Ride of a Lifetime

I slowly opened my eyes as images of angry ELFs in KISS makeup faded. It was still dark outside and when I checked my phone, it read 6:27. Huh. I think I’ll make breakfast for the guys to make up for my blow up last night. I stayed in my PJs and crept into the kitchen, not wanting to wake anyone. …Omelets. We are having omelets. Egg, cheese and ham omelets. I pawed through the fridge, pulling out what I needed. As I was prepping the food, I heard a door open. I looked up over the counter and saw Yesung creeping down the hall. Suspicious…

“Yah. Turtle. No philthrum touching this morning.” He froze like a deer in the headlights while I whisked the eggs. “Come over here and help me set the table.” I turned back to the stove, pouring the eggs into the pan. There was a sniff next to my ear and I shivered. I hadn’t even heard him come in.

“What’s for breakfast?” Yesung asked, resting his chin on my shoulder.

“Omelets.” I poked his nose. “Now go put out the dishes and make the drinks.” He nodded and set out the plates and cups. He finished the drinks as I set the plates of fruit and omelets on the long table. “Go ahead and get the boys form upstairs. I’ll get these guys.” Yesung ran out the door…in his wife beater and boxers. I hope there are no fangirls out there, because he’s looking ratherable at the moment. Wait…I shouldn’t be thinking that. I shook my head and stood in the den. “BREAKFAST! WAKE UP OR I’LL LET THE ELFS IN!” I yelled at the top of my lungs. I heard a few crashes and bangs as the boys fell out of their beds.

“Ooowwww…..” I heard Donghae moan. “Moommmm! Why?!” He continued to whine. Well…I know he’s called Baby!Hae for a reason…Just didn’t realize it was that reason. Not long after, the boys started to gather. Kangin stumbled in the door with Yesung as Eunhyuk walked out with Donghae on his back. Sungmin bounced down the hall, bright and very clearly awake while Kyuhyun stumbled after him. Holy. Crap. 0.0 Kyu was in his boxers and a TIGHT black wife beater. I could see the slight definition to his chest and abs. I blinked and looked away as the door opened.

“I smell food!” Shindong ran in, dragging Siwon behind him.

“Yeah, I made breakfast. Dig in guys!” Hyuk dropped Hae on the couch.

“Ow!” He whined again. “Hyukkie! Don’t leave me here!” He groaned and tried to shrink back into the sofa. I smirked and grabbed a cup of water and dumped it on his face. “Whaaa!” He shot up, gasping.

“Up and at ‘em fishy!” I smiled at him and his wide eyes and ran back into the kitchen.

“That was cold!”

“All the better to wake you up with, dear Hae oppa!” I laughed.

“Dish ish good!” Shindong said around a mouthful of omelet.

“I’m glad you like it. Where’s Wookie-ah?” Yesung pointed down the hall, cheeks puffed out with food. Hamster. I snickered to myself. “WOOKIE-AH!” I ran down the hall to his room, knocking on the door.

“Come in,” he called. I walked in and flopped down on his bed, watching him. He was covering his mole and evening out his skin tone. … O.O That was a really girly sounding thing… I’m sorry Wookie! >.< “Hi Autumn-ah.”

“Hi Wookie-ah. I made breakfast for everyone.” He turned to look at me, eyeliner in hand.

“Did anything catch on fire?” he deadpanned. I glared at him.

“No! And neither of the other times were my fault! I’m an innocent bystander!” He smiled and turned back around, facing the mirror. I hung my head off the side of his bed and was met with and excited ball of fur wiggling in front of my face. “Well good morning sweetie!” I scratched the little black dog’s head and she barked happily. “You know, you should go and eat before Shindong eats it all.” He chuckled at me.

“Okay. Come on then!” He looked down at me, hands on his hips.

“Fine.” I rolled off the bed and landed on the floor with a dull thud.

“Are you okay?!”

“Yeah.” I smiled up at him. “I rolled off on purpose because I’m lazy.” He rolled his eyes and held his hand out. Grinning, I took it and he helped me to my feet. “Shall we?”

“We shall!” He hooked his arm around mine and we skipped out, arm in arm. I like this boy. He reminds me of my friends back in America.

“I found a Wookie!” I laughed. He blushed as everyone turned to look at us. He sat down and grabbed an omelet. I sat next to him and watched the guys as I sipped at my milk. They were all smiling and laughing at Eunhyuk who was having a hard time opening his strawberry milk. Heaven forbid anyone help him open it. I noticed that Kyuhyun never brought his eyes off the table. I was sure he would burn a hole through the wood while he stabbed at his food, chasing a grape around his plate. Wookie poked me to get my attention. When I looked at him, he grinned around the spoon hanging on his nose. I cracked up. Oh geez…he’s just too cute! Eternal maknae.

“Aish!” Kyuhyun yelled, standing up and throwing his plate in the sink before storming to his room and slamming the door. The table was dead silent.

“…Damn…” I sighed, knowing I must have done something wrong again. Just lost all the progress I had made with him earlier… I stood up and started clearing the empty plates. Hm, the omelets must have been really good. “You guys all have schedules today, right?”

“Erm…yeah,” Kangin said, shifting in his seat. “Except Kyuhyun. His only thing today is helping you this afternoon.” I nodded.

“Hey! How about we go to dinner tonight? Everyone is off early today. And Zhou Mi’s in town so we can see him too!” Hae piped up. Legs is in town? Oh, I’d love to meet Prince MiMi! “We can go to this AMAZING kimbap place!” He beamed up at me.

“Uh, well, if it’s okay with you guys. I don’t want to be a burden.” They laughed.

“You? A burden? Please!” Sungmin chuckled. “It’ll be fun!” All of the guys agreed

“Seven o’clock for kimbap then!” I nodded, smiling and the guys disperse to get dressed. It. Was. Chaos. How does Teukie deal with this?! Every morning?!

“Where’s my hair gel?!” Yesung yelled.

“Under the sink!” I yelled from my spot on the couch as I flipped past the billion news channels. All the same thing. Kim Jong Un is off his rocker...

“Hyukjae! Gimme my underwear!” Sungmin yelled.

“I thought they were my hyung!”

“They’re pink! Obviously mine!” A pair of pink boxer briefs flew through the air, landing next to the couch. I just stared at them before rolling my eyes.

“I can’t find my contact case!”

“Check your desk Yesung!” I yelled.

“Found them!”

“Who took Hyuk’s deodorant?!” Hae yelled, panicked as he ran half-dressed into the den. I facepalmed.

“KYUHYUN!” everyone yelled.

“Aish! It’s under the sink! You put it there yesterday!” He yelled back. Donghae ran back into the bedroom.

“Come back Kkomin!” That little ball of fur from earlier skittered out into the den.

“Why hello again sweetie!” I picked up the excited little dog. “You are so adorable!” Yesung came running out after her. The dog wiggled in my arms excitedly. “So cute!” I scratched behind her ears and she yipped happily.

“Kkomin! Naughty girl! You know you should stay in my room. Come back to daddy.” She wiggled to him and I handed her over. “What’s that?” he asked the dog. He held her to his ear. “She says she likes you!” He smiled brightly. Oh what a weird kid.

“Well, I like you too Kkomin! Yesung, go and finish getting ready. You have to leave soon.” He nodded and took the dog back to their room. Half an hour and tons of screaming later, the guys headed out to their schedules. “Good luck today guys! I’ll see you tonight!” Ryeowook grabbed me in a hug and followed the guys out. I sighed and collapsed on the couch. “I thought they’d never leave…” I looked to my right and saw Sungmin’s underwear still sitting there on the floor. …Bet you that kid went commando… Aish. Ignoring the undergarment in the middle of the floor, I stood up and started pawing through the movies the guys had. O. M. G. SUPER JUNIOR MINI DRAMA! I giggled and put the movie in, skipping to “Dangerous Friendships.” Time to feed the inner fangirl.

‘A long time ago, when I first joined Super Junior, I kinda liked Donghae-‘ Aw, shy Eunhyuk

‘WHAT?!’ Donghae yelled, eyes wide.

‘There’s nothing now. I only see you as a friend.’ I laughed at the two. EunHae is pure crack. You can’t deny that it exists Hae. I sobered as the Prince team’s movie started. YeWook is such an adorable couple.

“D’awww! Yesung oppa. You are so cute with Wookie.” I giggled like a school girl and kept watching. Poor Sungmin… YeWook, KyuMin, YeWook, KyuMin. I was fangirling hard now, biting my lip to keep from squealing.  Then Kyu came in and whacked Shindong over the head with a frying pan. “No! EVIL MAKNAE!” He sat Sungmin down and got him a glass of water. “DON’T DO IT KYU! EVIL MAKNAE!” I yelled at the TV.

“What the hell did I do?!” The real Kyuhyun yelled, sticking his head out of the hall. I jumped three feet in the air and turned to him. Totally forgot he was here too…He glared angrily at me. “I’ll have you know I just lost my Starcraft game due to all of your yelling.”

“K-Kyuhyun oppa…” He looked seriously pissed. . “N-nothing. Y-y-you knocked out Shindong, poisoned Sungmin and killed his girlfriend.” He looked confused.

“I did what now?” I pointed at the TV screen. It was paused on his evil smirk after he killed Sungmin. Truthfully, it was scary hot. “…You’re watching the mini drama?” I nodded and he looked at the screen for a minute before looking back at me. “Why?” I shrugged.

“I was bored…And I needed some fangirl time.” He quirked an eyebrow and walked into the den, sitting next to me with a sigh.

“Serious ELF, huh?”

“Um…” Do I tell him the truth? He’ll figure it out eventually. “Yeah. I just stumble on Youtube and find the funny videos. This one popped up a while ago…so when I saw it I just…” I trailed off and shrugged. He let out a bitter laugh.

“You’re a Wookie bias too, no doubt. Lucky you that you two hit it off so well.” He muttered something under his breath. Wookie biased? Where did he get that? “What’s so favorable about him?”

“What are you talking about?”

“Don’t play with me. I saw you two skip out arm in arm. I see the way you look at each other. The way you talk to each other.” His voice was laced with that same venom from the first morning. I shivered. “I haven’t seen him that happy in a while. Usually he’s yelling in the morning, telling us all to shut up.” He ran a hand through his silky brown hair.

“Kyuhyun-ah-”

“You know what? I’ve been thinking and now I think I was wrong. Maybe I do hate you.” What? No. Please don’t say that. My eyes widened and my heart throbbed painfully in my chest. “I’ll finish helping you to your audition, but that’s because I’m bound to via contract, nothing more. Otherwise, don’t talk to me.” He got up off of the couch and stormed into his room, leaving me in tears, frozen on the couch. No, Kyuhyun, you’ve got it all wrong. So completely wrong. You assume too much. I fell over on the couch, curling up into a ball and started sobbing. This pain in my chest was killing me. The jerk could probably hear me, just didn’t care. Maybe he isn’t ever worth being my bias, if this is how he really is. Maybe I should go back to Teukie or, hell, become a Wookie bias! Why does he care who my bias is anyways? He didn’t even like me to begin with. I laid on the couch for the next two hours, not moving, when I heard the front door open.

“I wonder if they’re getting along still?” Said a voice. I just stared un-seeing at the screen. Kyu was still frozen on it, smirking his classic smirk. It hurts.  “Autumn?!” I blinked as a body knelt in front of me. “Autumn-ah. What’s wrong? Where’s Kyuhyun?” That name. A hand touched my cheek and moved the hair out of my eyes. “Autumn, please, say something!”

“Sungmin?” My voice was scratchy and thick from crying.

“I’m here. What happened? Where’s Kyu?” I blinked again and broke. “Wha?! Autumn!” He wrapped me in a hug and I cried into his chest.

“C-c-can we –hic!- G-go t-t-to my r-room?”

“Of course, baby girl.” He picked me up effortlessly and carried me to my room. “What happened sweetie?” I was calming down, little hiccups escaping until my sobs ceased.

“Kyuhyun…I was watching the SJ Mini Drama and started fangirling. Kyu came out and he looked mad. He said I was Wookie biased, which I’m not but at this rate may start to be, then he told me he hated me and to never talk to him outside of rehearsal.” I felt my heart shatter again. No, no, no!

“That stupid boy…” Sungmin gently rocked me back and forth.

“Autumn! We leave in 20 minutes. Get ready now!” Kyu yelled, anger still coating his voice. I squeaked and shrank back into Sungmin.

“I’ll go talk to him. Get changed, okay?” I nodded as he set me on my feet. He kissed my forehead before smiling then storming out of my room. “Kyuhyun! You have some explaining to do!” I shut my door and quickly changed into my rehearsal clothes before going to the bathroom to wash my face. My eyes were bloodshot and swollen. I sighed shakily and pressed the warm washcloth to my face, nearly at how good it felt. When I was done I darted back to my room and grabbed my sunglasses, hat, and hoodie before quietly walking into the den. Sungmin was still scolding Kyuhyun who was staring at the ground, hands in his pockets.

“S-Sungmin oppa…Don’t. I’m fine now. You can stop yelling.” He looked up at me, clearly hearing how thick my voice still sounded. “L-let’s go Kyuhyun-ssi. We’re going to be late.” If he hates me that much, I’ll stick with formal speech. He glared at me and grabbed his keys.

“Fine.” He moved to walk to the door when Sungmin grabbed his arm and gave him a warning look. Kyu shook free and walked out the door.

“Thank you oppa.” I bowed to Sungmin and ran to catch up with Kyuhyun. He was already at the car when I made it out of the elevator.

“Hurry up.” I silently climbed in and buckled up as he sped out of the garage. When we got to SM, I followed him in to the studio. We were back in the studio I was in on the first day. “Put your stuff down. You’re dancing and singing today.” I did as he said and hopped up on stage, stretching my arms, sides, and legs. Two hours of dancing, instructed by a man who hates me. Welcome to Hell, I’ll be your guide.

“I’m ready.” He nodded and started the music. I got maybe forty seconds in when he stopped the music and started correcting me.

“No. Support your voice. You stance is wrong too. Separate your feet more. Start again.”
 He restarted the music and I started again. We repeated the process five or six times. “Why can’t you get this right?! It’s not that hard!” I flinched and kept dancing. He let me get through the song before he started yelling this time. “You are completely incompetent!” What did I do to deserve this? “We’ve been working on this same part of an hour and a half and you still can’t get it right.” I started shaking, fists clenched.

“I’m doing my best,” I whispered.

“Speak up when you talk!”

“I’m doing my best Cho Kyuhyun!” He blinked at my yelling. I glared up at him with glassy eyes. “I’ve done everything you’ve asked of me. Fixed everything you pointed out. I even suffered through a photo shoot for you! Dammit, the least you can do is show me some respect!” He blinked again, then glared at me.

“Why? Tell me why I should respect a newbie, wannabe-idol American girl who thinks she can just waltz right in and become a part of Super Junior, one of the most popular bands in the world! Ha! A little girl who gets a free ride into the life of an idol group. Why should I have to respect you when you aren’t idol material? You’ll never be!” *SLAP!* My hand connected with his cheek and his head snapped around. He grabbed his cheek and looked back at me, wide-eyed. I was glaring at him, my teeth clenched and tears streaking down my cheeks. How dare he.

“HOW DARE YOU SPEAK TO ME THAT WAY!” I shrieked. “You may be my elder and you may be famous, but that gives you NO RIGHT to speak to me that way. You think I just waltzed right in? Do you even realize all I’ve done to get here? WHAT I’VE HAD TO SACRIFICE! You don’t have a clue! You’re just some stuck up rich boy with no sense of decency. I HATE YOU!”  Tears of pain and anger were both running down my cheeks, hot and fast. I turned and ran to the door, leaving the jerk where he stood. I made it out the door and promptly ran into someone. Damn, I should really watch where I’m going.

“Miss?” I froze. That…voice…My eyes snapped up to see the sharp features of the tall man who held my shoulders.

“Zho-Zhou Mi..” I whispered. He smiled at me.

“Hello. Come. We’ll clean you up.” He tried to take me back into the room I just ran out of. No, please not there.

“N-n-n-no. Please. I don’t want to go back.” I resisted a little, tugging at Zhou Mi’s grip. The handsome Chinese man gave me a confused look before looking into the room.

“Kui Xian?” he called. I looked in and saw Kyu standing where I left him, still holding his cheek. He was shaking slightly as he looked up at Zhou Mi with… sad eyes? Then he saw me and the anger resurfaced.

“I’m going home. Bring her back to the dorm when you do~ne.” His voice cracked and faltered.

“Kui Xian, what’s wrong?” Kyu shook his head and stormed past us, roughly bumping into me. Zhou Mi gave me a piteous look then gently took my hand. “Come.” I followed him back to a sink in the back of the studio. “Please, sit.” I sat on one of the hard plastic chairs as he grabbed a towel and dampened it. “Let’s get you cleaned up.” Tears were still leaking slowly from my eyes and he wiped them away. “Come now, stop the tears.” I closed my eyes and took some deep breaths.

“Thank you,” I whispered. He smiled a dazzling smile at me.

“You’re welcome. Pretty girls shouldn’t cry.” It was quiet while he wiped my face. “If you don’t mind, what happened?” I grimaced.

“Kyuhyun and I got in a fight and I hit him.” I cast my eyes down at my folded hands. “I don’t know if I regret it or not.” Then I remembered my final words to him. I hate you. My heart shattered all over again. Did I really mean those awful words?

“What did he say?” I shook my head violently.

“I don’t want to say. Please.” I just want to forget.

“Of course. Did Kui Xian say you were at the dorms?” He padded my cheeks gently.

“Yes. I’m auditioning in a few days and until then, Soo Man-ssi has me staying with Super Junior. I don’t know why.” He nodded. I’m not sure if he understood everything I said.

“Okay. Grab your things and I’ll take you home.” I nodded and grabbed my things. “This way.” He placed his hand gently on my shoulder and led me out to the back parking lot over to a silver car with dark windows. “It’s my manager’s.”

“It’s pretty.” I got in and watched the white car Kyu and I arrived in speed out of the lot. “Zhou Mi-ah, I have a bad feeling.” My stomach was starting to twist into uncomfortable knots. “Can we follow him?” Zhou Mi nodded and we pulled out of the lot, following him. Kyuhyun was flying and his movements were jerky as he tried to stay in one lane. I grew more and more tense as he headed into traffic.

“He’s going to fly right through that stop sign!” 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

F0rever15: Oh my god, I don't even remember when the last time I updated this story was. I am so so so incredably sorry. I've finished my first year at Texas A&M, but now I'm taking three summer courses and I have so much work to do. I'll do my best to try and update again sometime soon, but I can't really promise anything. 

Autumn: And you're still writing one shots for other groups. 

F0rever15: AUTUMN! 

Yesung: But at least she's writing! It isn't like she's forgotten us!

Ryeowook: Yeah!

Autumn: Tch! Whatever. 

Sungmin: Be nice!

N (VIXX): She's been writing oneshots and a story about me and my members!

F0rever15: HAKYEON GO AWAY. THIS ISN'T EVEN YOUR STORY!!!

Kyuhyun: *glares at everyone bickering. * Whatever. Okay, so, I think there are some questions to answer now. 

Autumn: OH YEAH!

F0rever15: from b2utifulexotic AUTUMN.. JUST FREAKING FALL FOR THAT LOVABLE OF A DORK ALREADY <3

Autumn: ....Uh...what. I assume you me Kyuhyun....uh...

Kyuhyun: *glances at Autumn* Nah. 

Autumn: KYUHYUN!

F0rever15: OKAY! I think that's where we need to end this one! Thanks for reading everyone, and please don't forget to subscribe, rate and drop us a comment! We love when you guys tell us how we're doing. See you soon! 

*pic not mine*