And We're Off

Ride of a Lifetime

 

“Ticket please,” the small blond woman at the gate said. I handed her my ticket and she took it quickly. “You stewardess will lead you to your seat. Enjoy your flight.” She smiled at me and I nodded.

“Thank you.” The stewardess took my bag and led me into the ENORMOUS plane. I have been in some big planes before, but this topped all of them. We made it through coach easily, as they hadn’t yet boarded, and she guided me to my seat. Or maybe I should say small living space? O.O Planes actually HAVE places as nice as this? I will never be able to fly coach again.

“Here you are. If you should need anything during the course of the flight, do not hesitate to ask.” She tucked my bag in the storage space then left to help on other passengers. Holy. Crap. The seat I was in was amazing! There was a compartment for my shoes and bag and room to lay back and stretch my legs. A small TV was mounted in front of me and there were slippers, headphones, a robe, a pillow, and a blanket.

“Wow.” I breathed out before looking out the window, watching the airport workers run around in there neon safety vests.

“First time flying business?” Someone asked me. I laughed.

“Yeah,” I turned to look at who spoke. “ I’m lucky I-“ I stopped when I saw who was talking to me. “Rye-Ryeowook-ssi?” I squeaked. He looked surprised that I knew him, then smiled happily at me. Such a kid!! So cute!

“You’re an E.L.F.?” I nodded dumbly, unable to find words.

“Uh, yeah. I am. It’s nice to meet you.” I realized halfway through my sentence that I had switched back to Hangul. Oh God...All those years of lessons, don't fail me now!

“You speak excellent Hangul. Why are you going to Korea?” He leaned his elbows on his arm rest and cradled his head in his hands. So. Much. Aegyo…. >.<

“Thank you. Well…um…about a month ago, I sent in an audition tape to SM Entertainment and I finally heard back yesterday. They want me to come and audition in person, since I was unable to audition during the global auditions.” Way to keep your cool, Autumn.

“Wonderful! What do you do, noona?” I smiled and blushed. Noona​. Aish...

“I’m not your noona. You’re a few years older than me. You’re my oppa.” I hesitated. “If I can call you that!” I added quickly. Aish, already forgetting manners.

“Oh,” he blushed a little. So cute!  “Yeah, you can call me oppa! We may be working at the same company, and you're cute,  so it’s okay.” I nodded. Wait. CUTE?! I felt my ears get hot.

“Anyways, I’m a singer, dancer, and rapper. I’m thinking about auditioning to Super Junior’s A-cha or y, Free, and Single.” I blushed a dark read. A smile split his lips.

“Well, your voice is really pretty, so I bet you sing really well.” I looked at him wide-eyed.

“Thank you, oppa.” I was about to say more when the captain came over the intercom.

“Welcome aboard air Korea. This is your captain speaking. Please fasten your seatbelts as we will be lifting off shortly. Now, please turn you attention to your fight attendants for a rundown of emergency inflight procedures.” Ten minutes of rundown and ten more minutes of pre-flight check and we were taxiing down the runway. As we lifted gently into the air, I gazed down at the ground. I watched my home pull away. Suddenly, the pain that I felt in my heart before I boarded became a heavy throbbing. My home…I don’t know when I’ll be back. How much will change? My family. My friends. …My…Friends. OH CRAP! I FORGOT TO CALL THEM YESTERDAY! They are sooooo gonna kill me. -.- This won’t end well at all.

“Goodbye everyone,” I whispered, looking out the window. I felt so sad and a tear traced a gentle path down my cheek. It's barely begun. Who knew it would be so hard?

“Are you okay, Miss?” A new voice asked. It definitely sounded familiar, but it wasn’t Wookie. I wiped my hand across my cheek, drying it.

“Ah, yeah. I’ll be fine.” I looked up at the voice. “Oh. Siwon-ssi. Hello again.” He looked at me, confused for a moment, then a light crossed his eyes.

“Oh! You were the girl who helped Sungmin hyung find me yesterday.” He bowed slightly to me and I returned it best I could while sitting down.

“You know her hyung?” Wookie was peeking at me from around Siwon.

Yeah. Sungmin hyung lost me in the mall yesterday and she helped him find me.” I nodded along. “I didn’t think we would see you again, Autumn-ssi.” Siwon leaned back a bit. “Yah! Hyung! Come over here for a minute.” A tired and slightly sick looking Sungmin stumbled over to us, rubbing his left eye and yawning. His dark hair was tousled and messy. I resisted the urge to squeal and pinch his cheeks. Calm the fangirling. Calm it, Autumn. “Look who’s here, hyung.” Sungmin looked at me, confused.

Hello, Sungmin-ssi.”  I smiled at him with a slight bow.

“Oh! Autumn-ssi! Hi.” He gave me a soft smile. Oh gosh Sungmin. Your unintentional aegyo is going to kill me. “You’re going to Korea?”

“Yeah. I’m auditioning for SM.” Siwon and Sungmin nodded and Sungmin yawned again. He looked…really pale.

Excuse me. But it is very dangerous to block the aisles. It is alright to sit two to a seat while we are in the air,” the same stewardess from earlier said.

“Oh, yes noona.” Siwon bowed to her with that dashing smile on his face and she walked away, flustered.

“The effect you have on women…” I shook my head as I watched the poor woman straighten her outfit nervously.

What?”

“Nothing, Siwon-ssi.”

“I want to sit with Autumn-ah!” Ryeowook squeaked before he bounced over to me. Hyper much? Where’s the shy Ryeowook that I thought I knew? “Can I?” He asked sweetly. I couldn’t help but smile at him.

Of course Wookie oppa!”  I scooted over and patted the seat next to me. He sat down and wrapped his arms around my waist, resting his chin on my shoulder.

Autumn-ah likes me best!” He stuck his tongue out at his hyungs and let out a giggle. Such a kid…

“Oh Wookie. Your aegyo is going to kill me…” I muttered in English.

What?”

“Nothing!” I smiled at him.

“OH! Autumn sings and dances too! You should show us!” I looked at the young man holding my waist. He wants me to…what now?!

Really? You want me to perform for you?” Wookie nodded excitedly.

I’d like to see that,” Sungmin said with excitement. Well, as close to excitement he could have in his state. He was definitely getting sick. I started to blush.

W-well I…I don’t…I mean I haven’t…uh…”

“Please Autumn?” Siwon begged. Oh God, how can I resist the Shibrows?! So. Not. Fair.

o-okay.” I looked for the stewardess again. “Ma’am? Is it okay if I dance in the aisle for these men for a few minutes?” She looked at me then the boys. Puppy eyes from all of them…. ‘-.- They are going to give her a heart attack.

Sure.” I smiled at her.

Thank you unnie.” She nodded, then went back to organizing the isle cart. “Um…what song?” I pulled out my iPod. “How aboooouuuttt…I know it’s in Mandarin, but what about the SJM version of Super Girl?” I looked up at the guys. Sungmin was now sitting on Siwon’s lap in Ryeowook’s seat. They nodded.

Yeah!” Wookie said enthusiastically. “Siwon hyung and I can sing our parts!” Siwon nodded again.

Okay, I’ll sing Kyuhyun-ssi’s part.” I stood up and started the music. “~Hey~” I started dancing in place to the pulsing beat. Now, I’m a good dancer, I’m not gonna be overly modest, but it is HARD to dance in the aisle of a plane. >.< All too quickly, the song ended. I bowed and walked down the aisle to my seat. I stopped my iPod before anything too embarrassing could start playing. Like “Leather Pants” by LittleKuribo… Long story… The boys all clapped for me as I sat back down next to Wookie.

You’re really good Autumn-ah. I’m sure you’ll get in, no problem!” Wookie smiled at me and gave me a hug. I blushed brightly at his compliments. Imagine an idol- your idol- saying you’re good. It is the most wonderful feeling on earth. No joke.

Th-thank you oppa.” Sungmin yawned again, slumping onto Siwon’s shoulder. “Sungmin-ssi?”

“Call me oppa, Autumn-ah,” he mumbled, eyes closed.

Minnie-oppa, you look really tired…and kinda sick. Maybe you should go take a nap, so you don’t get really sick.” He nodded tiredly and stood up before wobbling back to his seat. I watched him as he went. Poor oppa…His schedule me be really tiring.

I’ll see you guys back in Korea.” The guys waved and muttered goodbye.

Night oppa.” When he was gone, Ryeowook, Siwon and I started talking. About what? About anything and everything. Modeling, school, our favorite music and band, how I became an E.L.F., what it was like to debut, ect. We managed to talk for a majority of the flight. We even ate together. Did I mention that the flight was eighteen hours? Yeah. We get along well. Siwon stayed really formal the whole time, which I told him was unnecessary, but he insisted.

“Please return to your seats and fasten your seat belts. We will be beginning our decent shortly,” the captain called over the intercom, then the same thing in Korean. I looked down and Ryeowook who was sleeping peacefully on my lap, his mouth slightly open. He had fallen asleep a few hours ago. Such a cute little maknae! Well…he’s not the actual maknae, but his is the eternal maknae, so that’s good enough! I gently shook his shoulder.

“Wookie-oppa. You need to go back to your seat now.” He stirred a little…then let out a snore…  -_- Aish…this kid. “Siwon-ah…Is Wookie-oppa ticklish?”

“Yes, very much so. Why?” He looked at me curiously. I grinned evilly at him then looked down at the boy in my lap.

Woooookkiiiieee oooopppppaaaaa….” I purred evilly before attacking his sides. His eyes snapped open and he gasped for breath as he convulsed on my lap.

S-stop!” he begged through the laughs.

Are you up now?”

“Y-yes! I…I’m up. I’M UP!”  He rolled off of my lap, gasping for breath. “E…evil.”  He pointed at me with wide eyes as he got into his seat. I smiled sweetly.

Who, me? Never!”  He stared at me for a moment then shook his head.

You are just like Kyu…” he snapped his buckle. I laughed as we made our decent, my ears popping painfully. I looked out over the city as it glimmered in the red light of sunset. It was beautiful. I felt the tires touch down and we taxied to a stop at the gate.

“We’re here…” I whispered. Finally, I’m in South Korea, half a world away from my home, from my family.

“Thank you for choosing Air Korea. Enjoy your stay and we hope to see you soon.” The captain said. A stewardess came to get us.

A/N: Italics mean English now. She's in Korea after all.

 

“You are all here from SM Entertainment, yes?” She asked us.

“Yes,” I said. The four of us stood in front of her.

“Very good. If you could follow me please.” She led us through the plane, away from wanton eyes and into the airport. We were handed our bags, so as to avoid bagage claim, and led quickly through the building. All of the boys had large glasses on and their hoods on their hoodies were up, effectively hiding their faces. “Here is your manager.” She bowed quickly to us, then left for the plane again, leaving us with a short, balding man.

“Autumn-ssi?” The man asked. I bowed.

“Yes, that’s me.” I righted myself and nervously fixed my hair. Oh, God. Korean, don’t fail me now. Actually, don’t fail me ever. That would be nice. I STILL CAN’T BELIEVE THIS IS REAL!! >.<

“Hello, Autumn-ssi. My name is Park Shing Lee.” Shing Lee. Imagine that. Seems like the universe wants me to remember my home no matter where I am.  “I work with SM and I’m a manager for Super Junior. You’ll ride with us to the SM building to speak with Lee Soo Man himself. He’s very excited to meet you. You must have done incredibly well in you audition tape you sent in to get a meeting with him so soon.” I nodded, flattered.

“Alright. Thank you.” He smiled at me.

“Of course. Okay everyone, let’s go.” We followed him out of the airport to a black car with dark tinted windows. I kept casting glances at Sungmin. He still looks tired and pale. I hope he isn’t sick…

“Autumn-ssi in front!” Siwon, ever the gentleman, opened the front door for me and stepped back.

“Oh! No, please. You’re the tallest here, Siwon-ah. You should sit up front. I’ll be fine in the back.” I smiled at him.

“Are you sure?” I nodded. “Okay.”

“Will you sit in the middle so Sungmin hyung and I can both sit next to you?” I blushed and laughed at Wookie's childish request.

“Sure.” Wookie got in on one side and I slid into the middle, Sungmin following me. “Did you sleep well Sungmin-oppa?” I asked Sungmin as we pulled away. He shrugged.

“Kinda.” He yawned. He really looks sick now… “Going so far away is always hard.” He turned a feeble smile in my direction. “But we’re home now, so everything is okay.” I nodded.

“yeah…Home.” I stared out the front window.

“Autumn-ah?” Wookie poked my arm. “Are you okay?” I blinked and looked at him.

“Yeah, I’m just thinking about home is all. And I’m tired so it’s nothing really.” He cocked his head to the side then nodded reluctantly.

“Alright, this is the SM building,” Manager oppa said. “Sungmin, let her out.” Sungmin opened the door and grabbed my stuff out of the car, handing the bags to me as I climbed out.

“Thank you for the ride, Manager-ssi.” I smiled sweetly at him. “Thank you Sungmin oppa,” I said as I took my bags. “Go home and rest, oppa.” He nodded and slipped back into the car. I walked around to the driver side window.

“Go to the front desk and tell them your name. They know you are coming,” Manager oppa said.

“Okay. Drive safe. And thanks again for driving me.” He nodded.

“Bye Autumn-ah! We’ll see you around.” Wookie was leaning out the window, waving at me. Sungmin and Siwon also waved as they drove away. I waved after the car then turned to the large, glass doors. Taking a deep breath, I walked inside. 

~~~~~~~

F0rever15: Numero tres! Well, Autumn has finally gotten to Korea!

Autumn: Finally! We can get this show on the road!

F0rever15: Cool the engines kid. There's this thing called a "plot" that we have to stick to. 

Autumn: Just let me meet the rest of them already! The said hello in the last chapter anyways!

Super Junior: Hello! Welcome to Korea!

Autumn: SEE?!

F0rever15: *facepalm* Guys, go away. You're not supposed to be here yet. Anyways, besides that little breech in continuity, I hope you are enjoying the story thus far.  Please look forward to the next chapter!

Siwon: And please drop us a comment. Let us know what you think or what you would like to see! Author-nim may consider it. 

Ryeowook: And subscribe if you'd be so kind. They make F0rever15 happy. And when she's happy, less bad stuff happens to us.

F0rever15: Yah! Don't make it sound like I abuse you!

Autumn: And if you have any questions for the cast, drop us a line! We may be so inclined as to answer them. *wink wink*

F0rever15: Thanks again guys! See y'all next week! Oh and we met the cutie Ryeowook, so there are some gifs of him! 

Ryeowook: O_O

EVeryone: BYE~~!