Normal? Eh, Close Enough

Ride of a Lifetime

Italics is English

 

~~~

My heart stopped. That’s it. I’m dead. No two ways about it.

“O-o-okay. Okay oppa.” He smirked and turned back to his game. I quietly left and pulled the door closed. I finished eating as I walked back threw the den. What I saw nearly made me spit out my food. Yesung was kissing Ryeowook. o_o

“So that’s how all those YeWook rumors started.” I laughed at them. They quickly pulled apart, blushing. Busted.

“A-A-Autumn-ah!” Ryeowook squeaked.

“Hey, no hate here. Keep the shippers happy.” I turned and headed into the kitchen.

“It’s not what it looks like!” He shrieked. That boy was LOUD when he wanted to be. I set my plate down in the sink and stuck my head out of the doorway.

“Uh-huh. Ya know, your shriek is piercing.” I casually walked into the den. Time to mess with Kangin? I think so. I sat down on his lap.

“Y-yah!” He yelled. “Get off!”

“But oppa! I want to be close to you!” I pouted up at him.

“B-b-but! But but but!” He was stuttering terribly. Oh, the look on his face! Glorious!

“Pwwweeease oppa?” I continued to pout at him. Then the door opened.

“Hey, we’re ba-What’s going on?” Siwon asked. Huh, he’s never here when things start, is he? Okay, at the look on his face, I lost what little composure I had managed to maintain. I started laughing hysterically and rolled off of Kangin only to land on Eunhyuk on the ground.

“Yah!” he yelled as I sat there laughing.

“Yah! That’s my monkey!” Donghae ran in and yanked the anchovy out from under me. This launched me onto Yesung’s lap with me still giggling.

“Why hello there turtle!” I giggled. Yesung ruffled my hair.

“No! He’s mine!” Ryeowook tackled Yesung. This time I actually landed on the floor.

“You okay Autumn-ah?” Siwon asked.

“Yeah.” I watched the boys in front of me. The EunHae couple was cuddling, fake sobbing into each other’s shoulders.

“Don’t leave me!” Donghae wailed.

“I’m sorry! I promise not to do it again! Forgive me my fishy!” Eunhyuk wailed right back. Yesung and Ryeowook were hugging, cheeks pressed together. Wow. What a sight. I. Am. Awesome. Though, I couldn’t tell if they were serious about this or just trying to get me to laugh. Either way, it was fun.

“Siwon oppa, Hae oppa, I made fried rice. It’s in the fridge if you want some.”

Thank you, Autumn.” Siwon smirked. Oh, so we’re playing the English game? You’re on.

 “You’re ever so welcome, Siwon. I do hope you enjoy it. After all, I had to prevent the house from erupting into a raging inferno while I cooked it.” Siwon’s eyebrow furrowed. Confusion? Check.

House…inferno…”

Ha! Not so smart now, are you horse?!” Eunhyuk pointed and laughed.

“Shut up, Monkey!” Siwon yelled back. In seconds, everyone was wrestling on the floor or couch. I backed up against the wall, trying to avoid the fray and started backing down the hall.

“I’m just…gonna…go…now.” I stood and turned to make a break for it and – you guessed it – ran right into Kyuhyun. Again. “I’m sorry Kyuhyun oppa!” he looked down at me with an expressionless face.

“No big deal. Just watch out for once.” He swerved around me and went into the kitchen.

~Bounce to the music, let your feet go round~ My phone sang to me.

Yo! Lindsay! Man is it good to hear from you!” Lindsay chuckled on the other line.

Hey Autumn, you busy?”

Nope. I was just gonna go take a shower. What’s up?” There was a crash in the den.

“Hyung!” Donghae whined. “You’re heavy!”

“Shut up!” Kangin yelled back.

Give me a second Linds.” I walked into the den. “YAH! I’m on the phone!” Silence. Everyone froze in the exact position they were in when I yelled. Donghae was under Kangin, Siwon had Yesung in a head lock, Ryeowook was standing on the couch trying to get away from everyone and Shindong and Eunhyuk had their hands around each other’s neck.  Minnie just sat there, watching it all with his bunny protected in his arms. “Thank you.” I walked back into my room.

Uh…do I want to know?”

The boys were wrestling. And Kangin sat on Donghae.” She laughed.

Typical Super Junior.”

“Pretty much.”

“So what have you been up to?”

“I had rehearsal after a rather…eventful…morning.” I laid on my bed and picked at my bandage.

Details girl!” I sighed.

Well, the EunHae couple woke me up by bouncing on my bed.”

“Oh no. They don’t know you only sleep in a bra and shorts.” Hey, don’t judge. I’ve known this girl since kindergarten. We know EVERYTHING about each other.

Well, they do now.” Silence. Then she burst out laughing.

Oh my God! What happened?! Tell!”

Well, I sat up and the covers fell off my chest. They screamed and fell off the bed, rolling around with their hands covering their eyes. Then they got up and ran screaming from the room. Every time they saw me the rest of the morning, they’d run away screaming.” She laughed.

Typical Super Junior.”

“Totally. Oh and Wookie bandaged up my hand after I slit it open.”

“What?!” Oh boy. I launched into recounting my day.

Know what I’m terrible at doing? Remembering to lock my door. I was so involved in my conversation that I didn’t hear my door open.

Ha! Lindsay! No way!” I laughed at the impossible situation she had managed to get herself into yet again.

“Lindsay!” Eunhyuk yelled. I squealed and jumped three feet in the air.

“WHAT! THE! HELL!?!?” I screamed. “OUT! NOW!” He laughed and grabbed my phone, running from the room. I sat there for a second. Did that… really just happen? Okay that boy is gonna die. Now.

I flew out of my room like a bat out of hell.

“LEE HYUKJAE!” I roared. He, Donghae, and Kyuhyun were all sitting in the den. “Give me back my phone!”

“No! She wants to talk to Kyuhyun!” he handed off the phone. Oh. .

“No!”

“Yes!”

“NO!” I reached for my phone, but Kyuhyun pulled away.

“This is Kyuhyun.” Crap…His eyes widened and he held the phone away at arm’s length, staring at it.

“You !” I could hear her from across the room and walked towards Kyu. “How dare you treat my sister that way! If I EVER get my hands on you, I’ll wring your stupid maknae throat! And break all of your games. AND DELET YOUR STARCRAFT ACCOUNT!” Kyu looked up at me with wide eyes as a string of English profanities blared from the speaker. I held out my hand and he placed the phone in it.

Dude, I didn’t finish my story. We’re okay now.”

“…”

“Linds?”

“…Oops?”

“Yeah.”

“Tell him I’m sorry, but the threat holds if he does anything like that again.”

“Noted.”

“Hey, it’s getting late there. Go to bed.”

“Yes, Mom…”

“Hey!” I laughed.

Love ya Linds!”

“I’ll remember that mom comment!

“I’m sure you will. Bye!” I killed the call and fell back onto the couch. “Aish! Monkey! Stay out of my room if you value your existence.” He smiled his gummy smile at me. Stupid anchovy. “Kyuhyun oppa…I’m sorry about her. She said she’s sorry too. The monkey stole my phone before I could tell her that part.”

“It’s fine…”

“Don’t be worried about her. She’s a twig and an inch or two shorter than me. I can just sit on her if she tries to do anything.” I smiled. Oh, my sister. What a weirdo. He just shrugged at me. “Oh! Where’s Sungmin?”

“Uh…his room I think,” Donghae said from coming down the hall. I got up, grabbed the medicine and water and walked up to his door.

“Sungmin oppa?” I knocked.

“Come in.” I walked in and saw him reading on his bed. “Hi Autumn.”

“Hi. I just came to check on you. How are you feeling?”

“Better. I have tomorrow off too so I can sleep some more.” I nodded

“Well, I think you should take some more medicine, so your fever doesn’t come back. You should probably take about a week off total too.” I handed him the pills and water. “Okay,” I yawned. “I’m going to bed. Sleep well oppa.”

“Night Autumn-ah! Thanks again!” I smiled and pulled his door closed.

“Goodnight guys.” I waved, walking into my room. I flopped down on my face on my bed, just lying there for a few minutes. “Shower!” I jumped up and grabbed my clothes and towel. “Change of plans!” I chirped, walking down the hall. I whistled “Wonderboy” as I walked. Wait…door’s shut? I knocked and the door opened. “GAH! YESUNG! Clothes! Towel! SOMETHING!!!” I covered my eyes. Oh, dear God. Why me?

“Sorry!” He shut the door. “Fishy! Get me a towel!” Hae walked down the hall with a towel and handed it off, snickering at me.

“Get a good look?” Where the hell did innocent Baby Hae go when I needed him?! My ears burned. I saw WAY more than I wanted to. Yes, he has a beautiful chest that girls would drool over, but HOLY CRAP! I did NOT need to see all of that. I couldn’t respond and hid my face in my towel. “You’re adorable.” He ruffled my hair.

“Uh…you can use the bathroom now…” Yesung scooted around me. I squeaked and ran into the bathroom. Whhhyyyy? Why me?! God, I feel so tired. I showered quickly and changed before running back to my room and curling under the covers. I pulled them up to my eyes and started to drift. What a day. I know I’ve said it a lot, but this week is going to kill me, I’m sure of it. I was almost gone when there was a knock at my door.

“Aish…what?!” I called.

“Are you dressed?” Wookie?

“Yes oppa. You can come in.” My door opened and Ryeowook padded in. Aww. He’s so cute with glasses. “What’s up Wookie-ah?” He just looked at me for a second. I could see a million questions running through his eyes.

“How’s your hand?” Why does he look like that’s not the question he wanted to ask?

“Um, fine.” My voice was muffled by the covers over my mouth. “I changed the bandage and ointment.”

“Okay…” He starred at the ground and kicked his foot nervously.

“Wookie-ah…What’s wrong?” I asked quietly.

“May I sit?” He pointed at my bed. Uh oh…

“Um, yes?” He sat cross-legged on the foot of my bed. “You can talk to me oppa, you know you can.” He was quiet for a bit longer.

“Why do you hate Kyu?” Eh? Hate Kyuhyun? Where in the world did he get that idea?

“I don’t! What gave you that idea, Wookie?” Screw formalities…He shrugged, playing with his fingers and not meeting my eyes. “Wookie…Oppa, Kyu was cold to ME not the other way around. I really want to be friends with him. He’s my SuJu bias.” I sat up and grabbed his hands in mine. “I could never hate any of you. Except Hyukjae…that boy drives me insane. And not in a good way.” I grinned and Wookie gave me a shaky smile that faded quickly.

“Okay…” Oh no…Please don’t let him cry! I can’t STAND it when he cries!

“Don’t cry oppa.” PANIC! What do I do?! Explain it out! “Kyuhyun-oppa and I are okay now. We are going to try and be friends.” Wookie nodded, tears still shimmering in his eyes. Oh the poor baby.

“Okay…The looks he gave you were so cold! I was scared something would happen.” I smiled. Oh, you silly eternal Maknae.

“You goofy boy.” I ruffled his hair and yawned.

“You’re tired. I’ll let you sleep.” He wiped his eyes and smiled at me before standing up off my bed.

“Okay. Goodnight oppa.”

“Goodnight Autumn-ah.” He pulled my door shut quietly and within minutes of my head hitting the pillow, I was out. Dreamless sleeps are the best.

Why does my face itch? I waved my hand to shoo whatever it was away. Now my ear tickles. Go away you stupid bug. I rolled onto my side. Now something’s touching my lips? Fine I’m awake now anyways. Wait…Super Junior…touching lips…Yesung.

“Yesung-ah. You weirdo. Leave me alone.” I didn’t even open my eyes.

“How’d you know?”

“You’re the only one in SuJu who seems to have a lip .”

“Do not!”

“Aish! Go away!” I hit him with my pillow and pulled the covers over my head.

“Fine,” he huffed. “Kyuhyun!” he ran out of my room and I heard running water and evil chuckles. Oh. .

“I’m up! I’m up!” I jumped out of my bed and slammed my door, bracing myself against it. “No water! I’m awake!”

“Oh Auuutuuummnnn-aaahh,” a truly evil voice hissed. Oh crap…Kyuhyun wasn’t the evil maknae for no reason… “Open up for oppa.”

“No! I know you Cho Kyuhyun! I am NOT opening this door!” Maybe I can run quick enough to get away from him? I took a deep breath, grabbing the handle. Yeah, he wouldn’t expect me to just open the door for him. “I’m not coming out until you put the bucket down!” 1-2-3! I yanked open the door and dove around a rather shocked looking Kyuhyun. Guess he believed my bluff. He tried to grab me but I rolled out of the way. I ran into the den, hoping to make it to the bathroom.

“Hyung! Grab Autumn!” Kyu yelled. Sungmin?! O.O He’s in a fighting stance…Two can play that game.

“Sungmin-ah…I don’t want to fight you. You’re still getting over the flu…” He smiled kindly at me.

“I’ll go easy on you.”

“Kyu!” I spun around to face the water-armed maknae. He had the bucket in a position like he was ready to toss it. “You like bets, don’t you?” He eyed me for a second.

“Yes.”

“Okay, if I beat Sungmin in a spar, I get to toss the water on you, and if he wins, you can toss it on me whenever I don’t get up.” Please, PLEASE let him still be weak from the flu! I know how badass he can be... Kyu set the bucket down on the floor.

“Fine by me.” He grinned evilly and I turned back to Sungmin.

“That work for you Sungmin-ah?” He took his stance again and I copied.

“Ready. Fight!” Where did the fish come from? Ah well.

Two minutes later and we were done and the bucket was in my hand. I grinned evilly at the maknae.

“Oh Kyuhyun ooopppppaaaaa~” I sang. He backed up towards the door. “A bet’s a bet.” Yesung was helping a shocked Sungmin off the ground and watched us carefully. Kyu turned and made break for the door. For once, I couldn’t hear any fangirls out front. “Balcony?” I asked Sungmin. He pointed to the glass door and I walked out. Where is that little devil? I watched the ground, waiting, with the bucket balanced on the railing. Ooooh!!! This must be how Ezio feels! So cool! I smiled to myself.

After a minute, Kyu walked out and stopped just under the balcony. Perfect. My smile grew as I tipped the bucket, watching the water fall.

“YAH! THAT’S COLD!” I cackled and waved. He walked back inside slowly as I walked back into the dorm, laughing. Autumn 1, Evil Maknae 0. When he got back to the dorm, I let him in and covered my mouth to stifle a laugh. He looked like a drenched puppy with his hair wet down over his eyes!

“You…you look like a puppy someone just tried to drown.” I giggled. He glared at me then wrapped his arms around me, pulling me to his chest. “Y-yah! Wet! Le-let go!” I felt my ears burning and my heart raced in my chest.

“Payback.”

“Let me go!”

“Kyuhyun-ah! What are you doing?” Siwon, thank God.

“Siwon-ah! Help me!” I pouted at him and Siwon yanked me out of Kyu’s grip.

“What’s happening here?” he asked.

“She’s evil!”

“You started it!”

“You wouldn’t wake up!”

“I was up when you got to my room!”

“I was already committed!”

“You’re evil!”

“So are you!”

“CHILDREN!” Siwon barked. “Calm your lover’s spat.” My jaw dropped and I stared at him. Lover’s spat? Oh, hell no!

“WE ARE NOT LOVERS!” We yelled together. We glared at each other, air sparking with tension.

“Alright, alright. Whatever you say. Now, don’t you two have schedules?” I looked at the clock. 12:15. Wait…12:15?! I need to be at the studio in 45 minutes and I’m not ever dressed!

“Wah?! How is it already so late?!” I ran to my room and grabbed my clothes, changing quickly into a black shirt and loose jeans. I ran out and downed a glass of orange juice, then grabbed my converse and slipped them on.  “Why hasn’t my ride called yet?” I fidgeted with my phone and tapped my foot.

“You ready to go?” I looked up at Kyu. He was in loose jeans and a black t-shirt as well… -_-

“Um, yeah. Where are you going?” He grabbed some keys.

“I’m driving you.” He smirked that famous ‘Kyu smirk’ at me. Oh, God. PLEASE let him be a good driver.

“Alright. Let’s go.”

Well, the ride would have been awkward…if I hadn’t been afraid to die the whole time.

“Slow down!” I yelled, gripping the arms of my seat for dear life. Kyuhyun roughly switched lanes and turned into the SM parking lot. I was slammed against the door of the car. “Person!” he swerved around a woman in the road. “Sign!” he swerved again. Finally –FINALLY- we pulled up into a parking space. I fell out of the car and collapsed on the ground. “Oh, sweet ground. I missed you.” I laid face first in the grass.

“I’m not that bad a driver,” he muttered poking me with his foot.

“Yes! Yes you are! That woman! The sign!” He just shrugged.

“Teukie’s worse. Let’s go rehearse.” He started walking in, not even helping me up. Jerk. I got up off the ground and followed him. “What are you doing today?” I pursed my lips.

“Singing.”

“Alright. This way. We’ll use my studio.” He led me down a long hallway to a small sound room. “This is where I rehearse my individual parts.” I took off my hat and glasses as he sat down at the sound board. “What song are you singing?”

“ A-cha. …Your part…” He smirked again. Why that little….-_-*

“Alright. Do you have any warm-ups you do? If not, I’ll give you some.” I nodded.

“No, I have some.”

“Okay. Go in the booth and do them.” I walked into the room and shut the door before I started to regulate my breathing and run through my scales. I finished and looked up at him.

“I’m ready.” He nodded and pressed a button, speaking into a microphone.

“Put on the headphones and I’ll play the music for you. I’ll take out my part so you can sing it in. Do you need a lyrics sheet?” I shook my head. “Okay, let’s get started then.” He pressed a button and started the music. I started to sing.

Two and a half hours. TWO AND A HALF HOURS! Of me singing! My throat hurt and I was more than ready to be done and get out of that stupid booth.

“Kyuhyun-ah, can we be done? Please? My time slot was up half an hour ago.” He nodded.

“Sure. Come on out.” I set the headphones carefully back on the stand before leaving. “Okay. Here are some pointers.” He dropped a PACKET of paper in front of me. Was I really that bad?

“Uh…” I looked up at him.

“Just the first page, dummy.” Huh, well at least I’m not ‘stupid girl’ anymore…Dummy at least sounded playful.

“O-oh. Sorry.” Aish, I sound like an idiot. I lifted up the paper to read. …Sing stronger on the low notes…More emotion in my face, especially when I hit a dramatic part…If I’m tired, don’t show it…yada yada, yada. “Okay.” I stood up and bowed. “Thank you for everything.” He nodded.

“Tomorrow, singing and dancing. At the same time.” He smirked his Evil Kyu smirk at me again.

“Okay. That sounds good to me.” I kept from looking directly at him. I started tugging on my hoodie and cap when Kyu’s phone buzzed.

“Hello?” I looked at the posters along the wall. SNSD, F(x), Super Junior, DBSK before JYJ left, and Sistar amongst others. Aish. Why are they all so pretty?! “Wha?! Sick?! I looked back at the maknae. He was tugging on his hair and looked furious. I shied away from him and his cloud of anger a little. Scary >.< “Well, where will we find another American girl so quickly?! There aren’t exactly a plethora of them who are model material just waltzing around Korea! …No! I need to do it today. My schedule won’t let me do it another time…Aish.” He started muttering into the phone faster than I could make out.

“Um…Kyuhyun-ah?” His eyes snapped to me.

 

“I think I found another girl. I’ll bring her with me. …Yes sir.” He slipped the phone into his pocket. “How do you feel about modeling?”

~~~~~~~

F0rever15: I GOT ANOTHER CHAPTER UP!!! W00T!!!

Autumn: Finally. At least you didn't make us wait a whole nother month.

F0rever15: ....*ehrm* I've been requested to be nicer to you. ANYWAYS! I'm going to start-

Shindong: Is there any food left?!

Autumn: Check the fridge!

Siwon: Autumn, are you going to church on Sunday?

F0rever15: Excuse me but-

Yesung: Kkoming got out of my room again!

Ryeowook: *walks over to F0rever15* Um...want some help?

F0rever15: *holds head* Please, I'm going to try and stop whatever chaos this is. *wanders off*

Ryeowook: Well, okay! Please leave us a note with anything you want us to answer! We would be happy to! Also, if you could leave a comment for Author-nim. They really make her happy. We'll see you next time!

~~~~~~~

A/N: In all seriousness, I am heading down to Texas on August 7th to get ready for college. I'm also joining a very restrictive ROTC type program called the Corps of Cadets and the Marching Band down at Texas A&M University, so I'm not sure how often I will be able to update this story for you guys. I will try to update at least once more before I start school though. I really do hope you guys are enjoying the story. :)