Kimbap and Soju

Ride of a Lifetime

I'm going to preface this with saying that omg it's been two years...and I am so sorry. I wonder how many of my OG subscribers are still here? 

~~~

“Oppa! I can walk by myself. You don’t need to-“ I was cut off by a laugh. A very UNIQUE laugh. My eyes widened. That same laugh from earlier. Why is he here? Shouldn’t he be with his regiment? Or at least on set for his musical? Kyuhyun took off for the back room.

“Teukie-ah?!” He yelled. Donghae smiled and pulled my hand more.

“Come on!” I stumbled after him.

“Alright, alright! I’m coming!” We stepped back into a separate room with a long table set for everyone. The boys were all clustered around two in the center. One was Kyuhyun, that much I could tell, but I couldn’t see the other clearly. Not that I needed to.

“Kyuhyunnie! Let him go to meet our guest!” Kyu let go of the other man, holding his hand out to me.

“Come here, Autumn.” I let go of Donghae’s hand and stepped forward to take Kyu’s. “Autumn, meet our leader, Park Jungsu. Leeteuk.” I bowed deeply to him.

“Hello, Leeteuk-ssi. My name is Autumn Collins. It’s nice to meet you.” I righted myself again.

“It’s nice to meet you too Autumn-ssi.”

“Yah! I have something to say!” We turned to look at Kangin. Not this time raccoon.

“I’m hungry.” Kangin just stared at me.

“You took my line!” He yelled. The rest of the guys laughed as I smiled sweetly. I suddenly felt a pair of arms around my waist and a face press into my shoulder.

“Ryeowook-ah!” Leeteuk scolded.

“No no. It’s alright. Hi Wookie oppa.” I turned around and hugged him back. He smiled and let go of me. “So…shall we sit? Before Kangin decides to eat us instead?”

“Yah!”

“Kidding!” I laughed, ducking behind Leeteuk and out of the raccoon’s range.

“Good idea Autumn-ssi! Let’s sit and order.” Teukie patted my head and then pulled out a chair for me. “Autumn-ssi,” he smiled at me. I smiled back.

“Thank you, Leeteuk-ssi, but please, just call me Autumn. There’s no need to be so formal.”

“Ah, very well, Autumn-ah. Call me Teukie oppa then.” I beamed at him as he sat on my right. “Alright!” He clapped his hands together. “Well, let’s order and then get caught up on what I’ve missed, which is obviously a lot if you are living with the boys now.” I smiled as Kangin sat next to Teukie and Sungmin sat next to me. The rest of the guys, including Zhou Mi, seated themselves around the table. We place our order for drinks and kimbap then started talking. I was in a very serious discussion with Sungmin about lip gloss when the drinks came. The waiter sat a glass bottle of soju in front of Sungmin. Oh. Shisus. SOJU! I haven’t had good soju in forever! I grabbed Sungmin’s glass and quickly knocked it back. I set it back down with a huge smile on my face and a content sigh. Sungmin stared at me with big eyes.

“Y-yah!” He squeaked. “My soju!”

“Sorry,” I giggled. “I just haven’t had soju in a long freaking time.”

“How did you knock it back like that?” Donghae asked. “Isn’t the drinking age 21 in America?”

“Yup, but I’ve drank before. Been drunk before too.” I grimaced. That will never happen again.  “I mostly drink soju. I’m not in to most hard liquors or beers.” Sungmin refilled his glass and took a drink before hiding it from me. “You can have the rest Sungmin-ah,” I laughed, sitting back in my chair and watching the boys chat. I listened to their unique laughs as they told jokes and funny stories and found myself laughing along with them. Not at the jokes, just at their happy laughter.

“Alright guys.” Siwon stood up at the end of the table. “I’d like to propose a toast.” Everyone grabbed their glasses. “To Autumn! For taking care of us, putting up with our antics, and for not fangirling over us! Do well in your audition!” They all raised their glasses.

“To Autumn!” They all called and drank. I was blushing like a mad woman and smiling like a fool.

“Thank you, everyone. That truly means a lot to me. Thank you for letting me stay in your home and for accepting me with open arms. I promise to do the best I can in my audition for all of you.” I picked up my glass of water. “To Super Junior! The best oppas a girl could ask for!” They all cheered and I smiled as I sat back down.

“You’ll do great Autumn-ah!” Ryeowook called. I smiled at him.

“Thanks oppa.”

“Well, they all seem to like you,” Teukie said with a smile. I laughed.

“I’m glad.” I picked up Kyuhyun’s drink and took a sip

“So, Autumn-ah. You have been staying with Super Junior?” I put Kyu‘s drink back down, ignoring his complaints.

“Yeah. Soo Man-ssi put me with them. I don’t know why though… I mean…the chances of a scandal. Heck, even the appropriateness of a girl staying with all of these guys is questionable.” I shrugged. “It was confusing . It still is, but I’m not complaining.” Teukie nodded, looking thoughtful.

“I see. And you’ve been taking care of them?”

“Of course. I took care of Sungmin when he got sick. I’ve also been careful when going in to and out of the dorms so we can avoid a scandal. The media just loves to twist engagements like this one into something they aren’t. That’s actually what I was worried about initially. I didn’t want to put the boys through something like that, especially since you had left so soon before.” He nodded.  “Oh, by the way.” I turned to Sungmin. “Minnie oppa, the underwear that you yelled at Eunhyuk to give you back are still sitting by the sofa.” He blushed.

“A-alright…Sorry.” I shrugged.

“No big deal. I was just letting you know.” I smiled and turned back to Teukie.

“So, how old are you?” He asked.

“21 here.”

“Where are you from?”

“The United States.”

“Which state?”

“Colorado.”

“Are you and ELF?”

“Absolutely.”

“Angel?”

“…” Crap. “I adore you, yes, but no, I’m not an angel.” He pouted.

“That’s for sure,” Kyuhyun muttered. I cast a sidelong glare at him.

“Aw, don’t pout Leeteuk-ah!” I said as I turned back to him. “You look better when you smile!”

“Call me oppa!” He smiled his brilliant white smile. That dimple! Oh my gosh he’s so cute!

“Okay oppa.”

“So-“

“Hyung, don’t grill the poor girl!” Kangin said.

“My turn!” I smiled. “I’m sorry, but I haven’t kept up on the news with your enlistment, but I do know that you were signed for two years after you finished you training on the fifth of December. I also know that you were soon after cast in a musical. So, why are you here? I’m sort of lost…” Time to sort out this confusion. Teukie just laughed.

“I’m on leave for a week. I just got back today, and Donghae asked me to come have dinner.” His smile was huge and his dimple prominent. I love that dimple…Kind of a weird thing to say…

“I see. Well, welcome home!” I smiled back.

“Food’s here!” Donghae and Eunhyuk cheered. Aish…Such kids. No wonder they make the perfect pair. They both act like freaking five year olds. I shook my head and grabbed a few pieces of the colorful kimbap that was placed in front of us. My stomach growled as I took a bite. Oh. My. Shisus. THIS IS AMAZING! I just realized how hungry I was from only having ramen today and not eating at all last night. And the bowl was small too! In fact…I don’t even think I finished it… I started eating quickly. So good.

“…Damn…” Kangin? I looked up to see all of the guys staring at me with wide eyes.

“What?” I asked innocently. They act like they’ve never seen a girl eat kimbap before.

“Hungry much?” Eunhyuk snickered. I glared at him.

“You have no freaking idea, Monkey, so can it.” He held up his hands in defeat and chuckled lightly.

“Why do you speak so informally to him but so respectfully to everyone else?” Leeteuk asked.

“He irks me and deserves everything he gets.” I shrugged. “Long story.” I started eating again, slower this time. The night overall was nice. It was spent telling stories and jokes while the soju flowed freely. Leeteuk and Eunhyuk didn’t touch the drinks, but everyone else was tossing them back left and right. Even I was a little buzzed, but I cut myself off. I didn’t want to get full on drunk again. It seemed like everyone else didn’t have the sense to stop. After two hours, Yesung was passed out on the bench, Kyuhyun was talking nonstop (PLEASE don’t say anything about the hair dye!) Donghae wouldn’t stop giggling and messing with Eunhyuk’s hair (which was still annoyingly blue. Hehe, not for long) and Sungmin was singing.

“’Cause I cannn’ sttahhp thinkin’ ‘bout ya girrrr!” He giggled and leant over to me, placing a sloppy, wet kiss on my cheek.

“Eeeewwww! Minnie!” I shoved him away, wiping off the slobber. “Yucky!” I leant on Leeteuk. “Hi Teukie oppa.”

“Hi there, Autumn-ah.”

“I looooooovvveeeee youuuuu! Auuuutuuummmnnn-aaahh! Saranghae!” I giggled at the drunken man next to me.

“Alright. I think we should head home now.” Teukie stood up.

“Awwww. Oppa! I wanna stay here and have a good time!” A few of the guys started singing y, Free & Single. I joined them, laughing along.

“Has Sungmin-ah been teaching you aegyo?” I shook my head.

“No~ I’m naturally adorable!” I sang.

“Okay. You’ve all had enough. Let’s go home now. Eunhyukkie, carry Yesung. Kangin-ah, help Kyuhyun. He may not be full on drunk, but I’m worried he’ll run into a wall if we leave him to his own devices. I’ve got Sungminnie.” Teukie picked up Sungmin who was still singing and headed to the van. Eunhyuk did the same with Yesung and Donghae followed them like a puppy. I mean like a legitimate puppy. The man was yipping as he hopped along behind them. The others staggered out after them and Kangin helped Kyuhyun stand up. I stood too and staggered slightly, grabbing a chair to steady myself.

“Whoa. Spinning.” I held my head. Nope, I’m and definitely NOT a drinker. >< I yelped when I felt an arm creep around my waist. I looked up to see Kyuhyun leaning on me. “Kyu-ssi?” I was sober enough to know this was out of character for him. Especially around me.

“Kyuhyunnie! Let her go!” Kangin tried to pull him away from me, but Kyu locked his arms around me, trapping me against his chest. Maybe he’s more drunk than we thought…

“No! I wanna walk with Autumn!” What a baby…

“I’ll walk with you Kyuhyun-ssi.” He smiled and put his head on mine. Please…don’t let him remember this in the morning…I staggered out with Kyuhyun still attached to me. We climbed into the back of the van, next to Ryeowook who was curled up on the seat, fast asleep. He’s so adorable. Kyuhyun sat by the window and I sat between the two. Teukie climbed behind the wheel. Oh crap. Shisus save us…

“Homeward bound!” Leeteuk gunned the engine and sped out of the parking lot. He made a sharp left and I ended up in Kyuhyun’s lap.

“Whaa!”I squeaked. Kyu locked his arms around me again, keeping me in his lap as we were slung around the van. Yes. Park Jungsu is as awful a driver as has been rumored. We almost died. Twice. When we got back to the dorms, I got out of the van as soon as I could, laying on the ground. “Teukie-ah! I don’t want to drive with you again!” He just laughed his famous laugh before helping Sungmin out of the van. Ryeowook staggered out next with Shindong. Eunhyuk pulled up in Siwon’s car with Yesung and Siwon. Zhou Mi bounced out of the back of the car with Donghae. Where’s Kyu? I poked my head back into the car to see if he was coming. “Kyuhyun?” The boy was sitting on the bench asleep. How does anyone sleep with Leeteuk driving?! I got back in the van and poked his shoulder. “Kyuhyun-ssi?” I tapped his cheek. “Wake up. I don’t want to carry you.” I tapped his face again. He groaned and grabbed onto me, pulling me down onto the bench as he laid down. “Whaa!” I squeaked. He mumbled something that resembled my name and nuzzled into my neck. His warm breath sent tingles down my spine and set my heart into a sprint. “Kyuhyun! Wake up!” I tried to wiggle free, but to no avail. Kyu had me pinned under him. “Help! Teukkie-ah! Siwon-ah!” Donghae must have been the only one to hear me because he poked his head in the car.

“Autumn-ah?” he chimed.

“Hae oppa. Kyuhyun’s asleep and won’t wake up or let me go.” He smiled and chuckled.

“Yeah, Kyuhyun gets like this when he’s drunk. At least he’s not trying to get into your pants. Don’t worry about him. He’s harmless right now. Hey, can your clothes get wet?” Huh?

“Um, yeah. Why?” He grabbed a water bottle and opened it. “Donghae…” I said cautiously. “What are you doing?” He grinned before dumping the water all over me and Kyuhyun. “DONGHAE!” Kyuhyun gasped and stood up on the seat quickly. I rolled off the seat and sat in the corner.

“Whaa!” Kyuhyun hit his head on the roof of the car and I couldn’t help but chuckle, covering my mouth with my hand. “Ow,” he moaned.

“Wake up maknae. We’re home.” Kyuhyun glared at the fishy. If looks could kill, we’d have Donghae fish sticks…

“You’re dead hyung.” Donghae cackled and sprinted out of the car. “Stupid fish...” he muttered. Kyu got off the seat and grabbed his jacket before teetering out of the car. I followed silently and shut the door behind us. “I could always…No…I’d be murdered…” A gust of wind screamed through the garage, chilling me to the bone. My teeth started to chatter.

“K-k-k-ky-kyu-h-h-h-hy-hyun?” I stuttered. I was holding my arms to my chest as I shivered. The cold air bit at my skin as we walked. Shisus it’s cold. He cast a glance over his shoulder at me. When he saw me, he turned around and nearly ripped off his jacket.

“Autumn! Your lips are turning blue!” He wrapped his jacket around me. It’s still warm! I pulled it tighter around me. “Stupid Donghae. Come on, you need to get inside.” He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and guided me to the elevator and up to the room. When we opened the door, we were met by a cross-looking Teukie. His face softened when he saw me shivering.

“Autumn-ah! My Lord! Come in quickly! Let’s get you in the shower.” He took me from Kyuhyun and led me to the shower. “Why are you wet?”

“H-H-Ha-Ha-Hae-e-e.” I was still shivering and my nose felt numb.

“That kid…” He shook his head in exasperation. “Okay. Don’t turn the water on too hot to start. I’ll bring you some clothes and a towel, okay?” I nodded, handing back Kyuhyun’s coat, as much as I wanted to hang on to it. He took it with a smile and shut the door. I the water to let it warm up and stripped, stepping under the jets of water and trying not to burn my fingers and face. As I warmed up, I turned up the heat until steam filled the room.

“Shisus that feels good.” I stood under the water for a little while longer, thinking. So…Is Kyuhyun done being mean to me? That would be nice. I want an amiable relationship between us. My thoughts shifted to Donghae. Oh, that boy is gonna get it. I cracked my knuckles. When I finished my shower, I got out and found a purple towel and my pjs folded neatly on the counter. Momma Teukie…I rolled my eyes with a smile and dried off, slipping into my clothes. I towel dried my hair and padded into the den when I was done. Leeteuk was standing there, scolding Donghae. Hae looked up at me with teary eyes when he heard me come in. He looked like someone had just shot his puppy. No…He LOOKED like a puppy. A sad, sad puppy.

“Autumn-ah…” he whimpered. Leeteuk looked up at me.

“Ah, hello Autumn-ah. Did you have a nice shower?” I nodded and saw Donghae look down at his folded hands. His shoulders started to shake. 

“Hae oppa…” I quickly knelt in front of him and took him in a hug, despite Teukie’s protest. Hae grabbed onto me like a child.

“I’m sorry!” he yelled. Ow…

“Ow. Donghae, don’t yell. Headache.” He nodded into my shoulder. “Hae, I’m not mad. I forgive you.” He looked up at me with glassy eyes. Damn…How could I NOT forgive that face?! These boys will be the death of me.

“Really?”

“Really.” I smiled at him.

“Thank you!” He kissed my forehead then grabbed me in a tight hug. I giggled at his childishness.

“Okay Donghae-ah. It’s okay. You can go to bed now.” He nodded and stood up before sprinting to his room.

“Hyukkie! She forgives me!” He screamed before slamming his door. O.o He’ll wake up the whole complex…A collective groan echoed through the house. Right. I’m in an apartment full of drunk men. I suddenly felt uncomfortable. Maybe I should ask Teukie to stay with me…I looked at him, reading comfortably on the couch.

“Um…Teukie oppa?”

“Hm?” He peeked at me from over his glasses.

“Can…Can you stay down here tonight? I mean, I know your room is on the next floor, but can you sleep here?” I looked down at my hands, slightly embarrassed to ask this. I mean, I’m a big girl, right?

“Hm? Why? Is something wrong?”

“Well…not exactly…I’m the only girl…There are a bunch of men here. They’re wasted…” I shrugged, my face heating up. He smiled kindly at me.

“Of course.” He leant over and patted my head.  “I’ll stay here on the couch. You don’t need to worry about a thing.” I shook my head and stood up.

“No! I brought a sleeping bag with me. You can sleep on my bed and I’ll sleep on the floor.” He stared at me for a second.

“Are you sure?”

“Absolutely.” I smiled at him.

“Alright.” He stood up and grabbed my hand. “I’ll stay here tonight. Let’s go to be now. We may have some nursing to do tomorrow.” My mind immediately flicked to Yesung. That boy will have one hell of a hangover... “We also don’t want you getting sick right before your audition!” I nodded as we walked to my room. Well, he walked and dragged me along seeing as how his strides were worth about two of mine…so short… When we got to my room, I quickly rolled out my bag and grabbed a pillow. I heard a shuffling of fabric behind me and turned to see what it was. Sweet mother of all that’s holy. Teukie had taken his shirt off and was now just in a pair of sweat pants. Abs…Abs…ABS!  I blinked, trying to force myself to stop staring at his gorgeous body. He turned to look at me. I blinked and shook my head, trying to remember how to breathe. “You okay? You’re all red.”

“Wha? Oh! Yeah. That soju must be getting to me.” I smiled up at him. “Thank you for staying here oppa.” He smiled his dimpled smile at me.

“Of course. Now get some sleep. Else you’ll have and awful headache tomorrow.” I nodded and curled up in my sleeping bag, quickly falling asleep. Not long after I fell asleep, I was startled awake by an arm draping over my waist. I opened my eyes to see Kyuhyun there, wrapped in a blanket and curling up against me. My heart leapt into overdrive. It’s okay Autumn. He’s drunk and tired. He’s just drunk and tired. No big deal. I wiggled out of my sleeping bag to get away from him. Guess I’ll sleep on the couch then. I quietly snuck out of my room and headed to the den. …Kangin’s on the couch… Kyuhyun’s bed then.  -_-  I sighed and headed down the other hall. The bathroom door was opened and the light was on. I could hear someone shuffling and coughing inside so I stuck my head in to see who it was. Yesung was curled over the toilet, retching.

“Yesung oppa…” I walked in and dampened a towel before crouching next to him and wiping his forehead. He was sweating awfully as he emptied his stomach. I knew those drinks would come back to kick him in the when I saw him passed out. “Yesungie-ah.” He coughed and I wiped his face again, rubbing his back. He groaned and fell onto me, knocking me on to my on the floor. I cradled him in my arms. “You poor thing. You’re going to have one hell of a hangover.” He nodded weakly. “Want to go back to bed?” He nodded again. “Okay, let’s go.” I helped him up and got him a glass of water before helping him to his and Ryeowook’s room. I pushed open the door and was greeted with a small yip from Kkomin.  “Shh.” She whined and jumped off the bed, padding over to us. “Good girl.” I helped Yesung into bed, scratched the dog’s head and left, heading back to Kyuhyun’s room. I slipped into his room and over to his bed, not waking Sungmin and curled up under the covers. They smelled like him. I breathed in deeply, relaxing into the smell. With that enveloping me, I quickly fell asleep.