Fine Time to say Hello

Ride of a Lifetime

A/N Again, Italicized means English. And the gif...I don't even know...

~~~~~~~~

At the front desk, there was a small woman sitting in front of a computer, typing away. Her up do bounced as she nodded along to whatever it was she was doing.

“Excuse me?” I asked her. She flicked her eyes up to me then back to the screen, her fingers not missing a .

“How can I help you?” Hm, rude. The least she could do is look at me while she speaks.

“My name is Autumn Collins. I received a call about coming to audition and was told by the manager who picked me up that I have an interview with Lee Soo Man today.”

“Alright. Let me look you up. Spell your name please.”

“A-U-T-U-M-N-C-O-L-L-I-N-S” She typed and clicked away for a few moments.

“Yes. Leave your bags here. Sunyu will take you up to meet him.” I placed my bags next to the desk and followed Sunyu to the elevator.  On the way, we passed two boys. Glamorous boys. Oh dear God. That was DBSK…Be still my heart. Must…resist…fangirl instincts. Changmin saw me looking at them and winked at me before walking off. I’m dead. I’ve got to be. I leaned on the wall of the elevator, trying not to fall as I calmed my heart and breathing back to a safe level. We finally made it took it up to the top of the building and she led me down a long hallway to a heavy looking wooden door with “Lee Soo Man” written on it in gold filigree.

“This is his office,” she said as she knocked on the door.

“Come in,” a man called. Sunyu opened the door and led me in to the huge room. It had a view out over Seoul. Quite honestly, it was beautiful. Nothing less for the head of one of the most successful companies in South Korea.

“Sir, this is Autumn Collins. She has a meeting with you.”

Do come in Autumn!” He speaks English? Cool. He quickly switched back to Han and told Sun to leave. “How are you? It’s nice to finally meet you.” I bowed respectfully and he smiled offering his hand which I shook firmly.

You too, Sir. It’s an honor.” I smiled.

Come and sit down.” He gestured to a large leather seat and then sat behind his desk. “So.” He took a deep breath. “My apologies if my English is no good.”

“No, your English is very good Sir. But, if you prefer, I do speak Hangul fluently.” I saw relief wash over his face.

“That’s good.” He smiled, comfortable back in his original language. “Thank you. I am much more comfortable speaking Hangul. Now, down to business, shall we?”

“Yes Sir.”

“Good. Now, I must say, the audition tape you sent in with your resume was incredible. You impressed not only myself, but a majority of the board as well. Your natural talent is astounding.” I blushed at his praise. “Clearly, you have an astounding range vocally, and I’m sure we can train you to be a top dancer. Perhaps right up there with Eunhyuk.” O_O “Another thing that works in your favor would be the amount of dance styles you know beyond hip hop. The fact that you know many of the classical dances and can perform them means you have outstanding control of your body. It’s very impressive. We don’t have many auditioners like you.”

“Thank you so much, Sir. That means a lot to me.”

“You’re very welcome. I already have an idea where I would like you to be placed as well.” He smiled kindly at me.

“If I may, Sir, where were you thinking? Solo, my own group, or in an already formed one?”

“Oh definitely an already formed one. None of the other trainees here are ready to debut yet. They are all too new at this and have not developed their skills yet. After all, recruiting just wrapped up recently. I also think it is really risky for both of us to debut a foreigner solo. I’m sure you can understand that I mean no offense what so ever when I say that.” I nodded again.

“I see. So which group were you thinking?”

“SNSD.” My heart sank slightly. An all-girl group? Damn…

“Ah. I see,” I said softly, trying not to sound too disappointed.

“But, I’m starting to think, through hearing your voice and seeing you in person, that perhaps that wouldn’t suit you well.” I looked at him, confused. “You don’t seem to be the type to go for the ‘cutesy’ dances and skimpy attire that most of the girl groups do. You are a lot like Amber from f(x) is in that way. However, I think she is still more feminine than you.” He smiled at me and I started to get really embarrassed. I was too boy-ish? Was that even a thing? “You seem to be the type who would prefer the strenuous dances our male groups are put under. So, I have a plan.”

“Sir?”

“After the audition, I’ll voice you my other ideas.” He smiled at me. Oh, this man. He knows how to work people.  “That brings me to my next point. The actual audition. You will want some time to prepare, yes?”

“Yes. I was told that the audition would be a week from today?”

“Yes, here.” He handed me a calendar that had been marked with various dates. I’ve penciled you in for one time every day, save one, up until your audition. How does that sound?”

“Excellent sir!” I smiled, taking the schedule.

“And, of course, you’ll have access to the sound system as well as assistance from one of the idols already here.” I nodded, pulling out my phone and putting the dates and times in my calendar. 

“Okay. I have all of the dates saved.” I handed the schedule back to him.

“Good. And I will call you about your audition time later.” I nodded. “Wonderful. Any questions you have for me?”

“Yes, just one. Where will I be staying?”

“Oh!” He smacked himself on the forehead. “How careless of me! Well, usually we let the auditioners and trainees stay in the dorms in this building. We have a floor dedicated to them, you see. However, right now, we are out of rooms after the big recruiting, so you will have to stay with one of the groups of SM.” Wait…did he mean what I think he meant? O.o

“So, then, do you mean I will be rooming with a group like SNSD?” He nodded and I felt my heart stutter. “Which group sir?” He smiled at me.

“Well, what do you think about rooming with Super Junior?” That’s it. I’m gone. This is too good to be true. Okay, now stay calm. Fangirling will get you nowhere.

“But, Sir, as much as I would love to room with them, wouldn’t it be unwise? I am a girl after all. What if the ELF saw me? All sorts of scandals could pop up. I don’t want to put you or the boys through that. Especially without Leeteuk-ssi here to help breeze things over as he was so good at doing.” He smiled at me.

“Congratulations on passing your first test.” I blinked. Wha?

“Um, pardon?”

“I was seeing how you would react to that. Making sure you wouldn’t attack them or something. Yes. I am aware what could happen, but I still want you to room with them. F(x) and SNSD, save Seohyun, are both out touring right now. So, even if I thought I wanted you there, I can’t very well just put you in their dorms. I don’t think they would appreciate that.” He placed his hand on the phone, paging the front desk. “Sun, send in Kangin and Donghae.” Oh man oh man! Am I actually going to be rooming with Super Freaking Junior?! O_O “Just need to run it by the boys.” I nodded, unable to speak. I just sat there, clenching my folded hands in my lap and trying not to give away how nervously excited I was. There was a loud knock on the door that caused me to jump. “Come in.” the door opened and Kangin and Donghae walked in. I stood to greet them, bowing. Breathe. Don’t forget to breathe! Don’t lock your knees!

“Who’s this?” Kangin said as I righted myself.

“Go ahead and introduce yourself,” Soo Man said kindly. He’s a lot kinder sounding than I had imagined he would be. I nodded again.

“Hello. My name is Autumn Collins. It’s a pleasure to meet you. Please take care of me.” Donghae smiled his fishy smile and waved. Kangin just stood there, face unreadable. It made me incredibly nervous.    

“Hi Autumn-ssi. I’m Lee Donghae, Super Junior’s one and only Fishy.” He waved again with a big smile.

“Kim Kangin,” Kangin said simply. Just like him.

“Boys,” Lee Soo Man said. “Autumn will be auditioning for a spot as a new trainee or member next week so she will be staying here until then. However, there are no dorms currently available here, so she will need to stay with an SM group. Would Super Junior be able to take her in for now?” That wasn’t a question, I could tell. That was a direct order. Kangin’s eyes got big and Donghae smiled.

“Yes Sir. Super Junior would love to let her stay with us,” Kangin said with a smile.  I had a mini heart attack and I had to keep from squealing by biting my lip.

“Thank you!” I said energetically, bowing 90 degrees. Donghae chuckled.

“Very good. The duration of her stay will depend on her audition next week. Until then, treat her well. And Autumn-ssi. Don’t let the boys bully you too much.” He winked at me. “You are all dismissed. I look forward to seeing you preform, Autumn. Take care.” I bowed respectfully to him.

“Thank you for the wonderful opportunity. I will do my best!” He nodded.

“Fighting!” He said with a fist in the air. I smiled and bowed again before following Kangin and Donghae into the hall.

“Let’s get home quick,” Kangin said. “Wookie’s baking again.” I looked up at him as we headed to the elevator.

“But…He just got back. Isn’t he tired from the flight?” Kangin gave me a weird look.

“How did you know that?”

“I was flying with him, Siwon-ah, and Sungmin-ah.” Kangin’s eyes widened and he snapped his fingers in realization.

“Oh! You’re the girl he said made a nice pillow!” O_O I blushed. I what now? Pillow?! Is that all he thought of me?

“What?” I squeaked.

“He called us and said he was gonna bake a cake as soon as he got home cause he was so well rested. He said there was a girl on the plane who they were sitting with who made a nice pillow. We all thought he was joking.” Kangin smiled at me.

“I-I see.” I stuttered. Well good to know that I’m good for something…

“So, do you have any luggage with you?” Donghae asked as we arrived at the ground floor.

“Yeah, it’s over at the front desk.”

“Kangin hyung, can you take Autumn-ssi out to the car? I’ll go get her bags.”

“Oh, no. That’s fine Donghae-ssi I-“

“Call me ‘oppa.’” He cut me off.

“Okay…I can get my bags oppa. I don’t want to be a burden.” He just rolled his eyes and ruffed my hair. I felt like a child.

“It’s okay, Autumn-ah. Let your oppa take care of it.” I blushed again and crossed my arms as he skipped off to the desk. Literally.

“Come on Autumn-ah. Let’s go to the car. Leave the fish to handle this.” I nodded and followed Kangin out.

“Thank you for letting me stay with you guys, oppa.” …Oops…I called him oppa on accident. I quickly covered my mouth with my hand. Damn you Lee Donghae for putting me in the wrong mind set.  >< He smiled at me.

“No problem. And feel free to keep calling me oppa.” I let out a breath I hadn’t realized I had been holding.

“Okay.” I smiled at him then saw the fishy running out awkwardly with my luggage. “Here comes Donghae.”

“Got them!” He opened the door and slid them in next to me before climbing into the front seat.

“Thank you, oppa.” He smiled a toothy smile at me.

“You’re welcome.” Kangin took off out of the parking lot and headed to the dorms. As the minutes wore on, my heart started to beat faster and faster. What would the other guys think of me? What would they think when they realized a girl was going to be staying with them? Oh, God… After twenty minutes, we were pulling into the parking garage behind the dorms. “We’re here!” Donghae chirped and jumped out of the car. He grabbed my bags again. “This way! Oh, and put your hood up and glasses on.” I quickly pulled my hair back and flipped my hood up before slipping on the boy sunglasses I had been given by Kangin. My old friend from high school, Avery, had a name for them. Douche goggles. I smiled at the memory.

“Yah, Fishy, she looks like a guy,” Kangin said with a giggle. I smirked and lowered my voice’s pitch. Hey, that year of acting classes had to be good for something, yeah?

“So…You boys assumed I was a girl? Why would you think something like that?” Donghae nearly dropped my bags and Kangin tripped.

“WHAT?!” They yelled and I giggled.

“Just kidding.” I returned back to my normal voice. They relaxed and Kangin rolled his eyes at me. “Acting classes. Gotta love ‘em.” We reached the back door and as they led me past the security guard and inside, I could hear cries of “Oppa! Oppa come and see us! We love you!” out front.

“Are those girls out there all of the time?” I asked.

“A decent portion of it. I don’t know about America, but here, Super Junior is very popular. Our ELF are always finding us on the streets or cheering outside our dorms. You get used to it. Anyways, the only floor with an open guest room is this floor, so you’ll be staying here.” Donghae set my bag down and started digging through his pockets. “Yah, hyung. Do you have a key?” Kangin sighed and pulled his out, letting us into the dorm. The door had one of those fancy thumb scanners, but it looked busted, like someone had taken a hammer to it.

“Um…What happened to the scanner?” I asked, staring at the disfigured metal.

“Oh. Sasaeng fans. With baseball bats…” Donghae said. I looked at him, shocked that someone would go so far. He just nodded with wide eyes. “Avoid them at all costs. They are scary, scary people.” He leant in close to me and whispered “I think they’re aliens, trying to abduct us back to their planet for study.” I quirked an eyebrow at him.

“Really?” I asked, not really able to believe that Donghae actually thought this. He just nodded slowly with wide eyes.

“Brainless fishy,” Kangin muttered under his breath as he dug for his key.

“Yah!” Donghae spun around and yelled in protest. Kangin just shrugged as he pushed the door open. I felt my heart stutter when I saw all of Super Junior, save six, in the den. “Yah! Guys! We have some important news.” All of the guys turned to look at us, curious eyes falling on me. I started playing with my hands as my heart rate spiked.

“Who’s she, hyung?” Eunhyuk asked from the couch. His hair was…blue? 0_0 Whaaaatt?

“Ah! Autumn-ssi!” Siwon recognized me and stood to greet me.

“Autumn’s here?” Ryeowook came out of what I assumed was the kitchen as he had an apron on and flour on his face and shirt. “Hello again!” He waved cutely before going back into the kitchen.

“Wait, you guys know her?” Yesung asked.

“Yeah. We met her in America and then again on the plane here.” All of the boys nodded. “So what brings you here, Autumn-ssi?”

“Well,” I looked at Donghae and his pouty expression. “I’ll let Donghae-oppa tell you.” He perked up right away. Such a child…

“Autumn-ah will be staying with us until her audition for SM a week from today.” Kangin grabbed my luggage and headed down the hallway with them. Ah well, I’ll find the room later. Hyukkie stood up and moon walked over to me.

“Hi there. I’m dancing machine Eunhyuk.” I smiled at him. Hyukkie will be Hyukkie.

“Hello, Eunhyuk-ssi.” I bowed my head with a smile.

“No oppa?” He pouted. “Hae gets to be called oppa.”

“I’m sorry. Eunhyuk-oppa­” He flashed his gummy smile and did a little dance back to his seat. Yesung and Shindong introduced themselves next. That’s when I saw Kibum sitting quietly on the seat. “Kibum-ssi?” He smiled up at me. Aw…His heart melting smile. “Are you…Are you back with Super Junior?” He shook his head and my heart sank a little.

“I’m just visiting. I had a break in my acting schedule. It’s nice to meet you.” He waved.

“Ah…Nice to meet you too oppa.” I looked around. “Um..Where’s Kyuhyun-ssi? He’s the only one I haven’t met yet.” Yesung grabbed my hand and sat down on the couch, pulling me into his lap. “Oppa!” I squeaked.

“You should sit with me!” He chirped.

“Yesungie. Let her go. Look at how red she is,” Kibum said quietly. Thank you Kibum! I owe you! Yesung pouted and scooted me onto the couch, his arm around my shoulders.

“Oh, and Sungmin…” I muttered.

“What?” Yesung asked.

“Sungmim-ah. He was on the plane too, but he’s not here now.” I scanned the room, making sure I hadn’t missed Super Junior’s rabbit.

“Oh, Minnie’s sick.” Siwon said. “He’s in his room. I don’t think the flight to America was good to him.”

“What? May I check on him? Please, my mother was a doctor and I helped her work out of our hospice.” The boys all looked at each other, then Kangin sighed. When did he get back?

“Okay, I’ll take you to his room.” I got up to follow and felt all eyes on me. “He was asleep when he arrived home, apparently, so please be quiet.” I nodded and Kangin opened the door for me. Sungmin was in his bed, shivering. I walked in and bent over him on the bed. He had no color in his face, save a flush from an obvious fever and he was quietly in his sleep. I placed my hand gently on his forehead and quickly pulled it back. The boy was on fire! Well, looks like the flu…

“Oppa,” I turned to Kangin and whispered. “Has he taken any medicine?”

“No, I don’t think so,” he whispered back.

“I need you to get me three Tylenol and a glass of water. And a bowl of cool water and a rag or face towel.” He nodded and left to get what I had asked for. Not long after, I heard someone enter the room. “Kangin-ah. Give me the med-“ I turned around. That is not Kangin. O_O

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

F0rever15: I managed to get chapter 4 up this week! W00t! Sorry it wasn't up on Wednesday or Thursday. I have a lot going on to get ready for prom tomorrow. ^^' Anyways. Thanks to my subscribers, commenter, and readers! It's encouraging to see that people actually read this story.

Autumn: Why do you talk so much?

F0rever15: Why do YOU keep interrupting?!

Siwon: Girls, please don't fight! It will be a long story if you two start fighting now.

F0rever15: Go away Siwon...

Kibum: It's good to finally meet you guys.

Ryeowook: Are you hungry? I can make some food!

F0rever15: Yah! They don't want food! Why are you all here?!

Autumn: You can't make us leave!

F0rever15: I'm the author. I'M THE ONE WHO DECIDES WHAT YOU ALL DO!!!

Autumn: Quit trying to dictate my life!!

Siwon: I apologize for their behavior at the moment. But if you could please drop us a comment and let us know what you think so far, we would all really appreciate it.

Yesung: And subscribe. They put Author-nim in a great mood and we get ice cream!

Autumn: And rate the story to let me know how awesome I am!!!

F0rever15: STOP TALKING AUTUMN!!!!!

Super Junior: Thank you for reading!