You Hate Her

Shots!

 

She was introduced to you by a common friend. The same friend that would tell you to go out and have fun every Friday night.

 

You weren’t sure why you said yes when you’re already so used to rejecting her offer. Change of heart? Not really. Annoyance? Most likely.

 

You felt generous that night and gave her your number even when your friend told you that you really didn’t have to.

 

She called you as soon as you two went your separate ways. You ignored it but the girl was quite determined much like your friend, to your dismay.

 

You answered as soon as you got home but hung up immediately, proceeding to switch off the device. The next day, your friend threw a fit. She ignored you the whole day but when you didn’t even notice that, she ended up talking to you. “You shouldn’t have given her your number.” Her puffed cheeks didn’t affect you the same way it affected everyone in the office. “She was really expecting you to answer her calls.”

 

“She shouldn’t have done that then. I never said anything about wanting to answer her calls.”

 

Your friend walked towards your desk and sat on it. You had the urge to push her off and hoped that she’d bump her head into something hard but hoping for that would make you a bad friend.

 

You wouldn’t have mind the label but your parents sure would.

 

Just when you though she’s finally given, she looks at you and says, “Pick that up.” Her words laced with so much venom.

 

“Jess—“

 

“I’m not gonna hear it.”

 

You were going to pretend that your phone had its battery emptied but you figured it was useless when she could see the goddamn thing’s blinking screen.

 

You answered the call and you could tell the girl on the other line was akin to a fat kid in a cake store. She asked how you were doing but you immediately shut her down and asked her what it is that she wants.

 

She stammered and you could only imagine how nervous she was. You wanted to laugh but your friend sensed that, shooting you a warning glare. You rolled your eyes and missed what the girl had asked.

 

“So...?”

 

“Sorry what was that again?”

 

“I, uh, was wondering if you’d want to go out on a date with me sometime.”

 

“Does ‘sometime’ cover the next lifetime because if yes then I would—ouch!”

 

Your friend had kicked you in the shin a little too hard and it made you consider your earlier thought of pushing her off the desk. She mouthed something that made you sigh.

 

“Sure.”

 

The girl on the other line didn’t respond but you heard a faint noise in the background that sounded an awful lot like a squeaking rat. You heard her breathing again on the other line. “Cool. When should I pick you up?”

 

You creased your eyebrows in irritation. You had to ask yourself why the people who’ve asked you out can’t decide on the time and date. “Pick me up at around 7pm, 31st of April.”

 

The girl checked her calendar and frowned when she realized April only had 30 days. “Don’t you mean the 30th? Tomorrow?”

 

Your friend sent you another disapproving glare. “Yeah, silly me. That’s exactly what I meant.”

 

 

---

 

 

The date went relatively well if you compared it to half of your body being eaten by sharks, the other half feasted on by piranhas. When she said she’d be picking you up, you expected her to have a four-wheeled vehicle. She had a motorcycle.

 

It was a good thing you decided to dress down but the heels you were wearing was still a pain. You had no idea where to place your feet. You were constantly worried that your prized stilettos would get stuck on the wheel and get ruined.

 

Your shoes were intact but your hair was a different story. You both got off and she insisted in removing your helmet for you. Thus, your hair getting caught in a tangle of mess.

 

But all of that does not even amount to the hatred that you felt when she your hair and tucked it in your ear in attempt to fix your messed up do. You took a step back and fixed it yourself and without a word, you walked inside the restaurant.

 

She caught up to you and placed a hand on the small of your back. You halted and stared at her, letting her know that her advances aren’t welcome. She only smiled and you hated how she didn’t get what you mean and also because of the toothy grin plastered on her face.

 

You were going to focus on the food but she distracted you by talking about how her day went. As if that wasn’t enough, she also had to tell you her lifetime plan. You would’ve ignored her blabbering if it weren’t for her plans being an awful lot like yours.

 

“I want a huge house full of fun things to do and full of pets. Dogs, cats, everything. Oh and I also want a trampoline. I want to travel the world too and it would be really lovely if I could go home to a place that’s real comfortable. What about you, Yoona?”

 

You hated how your name rolled out of her tongue. It sounded like stream flowing on the first day of spring with birds chirping.

 

You quickly erased that image in your head and answered, “I haven’t really thought of it.”

 

The girl’s monologue started again as you continued eating your dinner.

 

The date has come to an end and you thanked every saint that you could name on the top of your head. You were on your way to the elevator when she stopped you on your tracks by pulling on your forearm. You despised how smooth her hand was, thinking that she probably doesn’t put as much effort as you do in taking care of your skin.

 

“I...”

 

“Yuri-ssi, I’m tired. I’d really love to go up right now and rest.”

 

“Oh, right. I’m sorry. I just wanted to tell you how happy I am to finally go out with you and please don’t be mad at Sica. It was my idea for her to introduce me to you. I just...I’ve recently gotten enough courage to do it because I saw how the guys from your office made a move on you every time I visit Sica. I-I got...jealous.”

 

You hated her even more for making you flustered. You turned your back on her and mumbled, just enough for her to understand, “Next time you visit Sica, you might as well drop by into my office.” You walked away with a smile slowly making its way to your face. You hated her for doing that to you.

 

 

---

 

 

When you said she should drop by, you never thought she’d do it every day bearing your favourite foods. You were pretty sure she knew about them because of your annoying friend. You hate them both now. One more than the other.

 

You hated how the guys who used to ask you out would now ask you what your relationship with the girl is. You hated how they also had their eyes on her.

 

It was a Friday night and you didn’t know where she got it but she’s conjured enough courage again to ask you out. You hated how she still stutters when she’s talking to you but you agreed nevertheless.

 

This time she decided on when she’d be picking you up. You had to decline and told her the truth about not wanting to ride a motorcycle ever again. She still insisted on picking you up and assured you that she’d be bringing a car this time.

 

 

---

 

 

The date went considerably well but she gave you another reason to hate her.

 

She made you laugh.

 

She made you laugh so much that you had tears clouding your eyes.

 

Such a despicable person.

 

She pushed you into showing that bright smile of yours. The way your mouth would stretch so much, it seemed like your jaws had unhinged.

 

And it wasn’t a onetime thing.

 

You two went out a couple more times and you found yourself laughing harder each time.

 

Your most recent night-out with her, she convinced you to show a funny face. You did only after she showed you one. It was almost unbelievable how her face could contort into a ball of derp in a matter of seconds.

 

You showed her the only funny face you know. One that you acquired while staring at the creature inside an aquarium for what seemed like hours. You jutted your lower lips out and shaped your mouth into a frown. You heard her laughing heartily as she pointed and said, “Flounder! Good one! You still look good though.”

 

And your hatred for her comes back.

 

That hatred, however, didn’t amount to when she ran one day and asked you to date her exclusively.

 

You hated how she stared at you with those puppy eyes.

 

You hated how her stutter came back when a few weeks ago, you’ve finally heard her speak comfortably to you.

 

You hated how she was biting her lips as she waited for an answer.

 

You hated how you’re having a hard time gathering your words because the sight of her ruins your train of thoughts.

 

You hated how you can’t even deny the fact that the past few weeks you spent with her made you feel emotions you’re sure you haven’t felt before.

 

And you absolutely despise how there was something about Yuri that pulls you.

 

You held her hand that was fiddling with the helm of her dress shirt and said, “I hate you for making me feel this way.”

 

You kissed her on the lips slowly, savouring the sweet taste and the softness of it.

 

She smiled at you as she leaned her forehead against yours. “Hate me all you want just know that I’d still stick to you like super glue.”

 

You hate her.

 

You hate her so much you just give up and love her instead.

 

The End.

 

 

____

a short yoonyul fanfic because i still can't continue writing verse haha

i've never written anything this way before so pardon the errors. tenses confuse me