Princess Amelia 4

Shots!

 

“I just spoke to Sunny. She said she’ll be letting us stay in her hotel room once we get to London,” Tiffany says to Hyoyeon and Taeyeon. She turned to Amelia who seemed excited to leave France.

 

They now know where the authentic mourning ring is.

 

“I am so excited to back to my kingdom.”

 

“You do know that you probably won’t recognize a thing once you get there, right?” She double checked their tickets that they needed to board the train that was bound to London.

 

“It is still the kingdom that my father ran, is it not?”

 

“Sure,” she said sarcastically.

 

Amelia was rummaging Jessica’s things that they brought with them. She found something that interests her. It was a gold necklace that has both a heart-shaped and an anchor-shaped pendant. She tried to put it on but it was snatched away by Tiffany.

 

“This is Jessica’s.”

 

“I am aware of that.”

 

“I gave it to her when I asked her to go out with me.” Tiffany held the necklace in her hand and clutched it tightly. “I really miss her, you know.” She stood behind Amelia and put the necklace on her.

 

Amelia held the pendant and stared at the girl. “She will be back soon.”

 

“That’s the nicest thing you’ve said to me so far.”

 

Amelia ignored her and went to the bathroom to wash up.

 

 

---

 

 

“Why do we have to ride this odd form of transportation? Why not ride the airplane again?” Amelia placed a handkerchief on the seat before sitting down.

 

“Because we could ride the train.”

 

“That does not make any sense. How long is it going to take to get there?”

 

“Half a day or less.” Tiffany talked to Taeyeon and Hyoyeon which left the princess staring blankly out of the window. “You could sleep. I could wake you up once we get there.” Amelia took her suggestion and looked for a comfortable position.

 

The princess surprisingly was way too comfortable sleeping while sitting up in a train. Tiffany noticed her leaning her head against the window so she gently held the girl’s head and made it lean on her shoulder.

 

The Kims were laughing like hyenas. “Don’t you think you’re cheating on Sica by doing that?”

 

“This is not cheating. It’s Jessica’s body.”

 

“So if you do it with her that still wouldn’t be cheating?”

 

“I am not gonna do it with her. Shut up, Taeng.”

 

“You don’t think Jessica having a British accent is a turn on?” Taeyeon and Hyoyeon laughed knowing that Tiffany also found it hot. Who in their right mind wouldn’t?

 

“Both of you , shut up!”

 

Amelia shifted and held on to Tiffany’s shirt tighter.

 

“Come on, Fany, we know how badly you want to hug her. Do it. We’re not gonna tell you on Sica.”

 

“Hyo’s right. You said it yourself. It’s still Sica’s body.”

 

Tiffany ignored them and focused on staring at the photos of her and Jessica that was stored in her phone. But when the bothersome girls fell asleep, she gently moved her arm and placed it around the girl’s shoulder. The princess shifted a bit more and buried her face in the crook of Tiffany’s neck. “Damn it, Jess. Get back to normal soon.”

 

Tiffany was the only one who stayed up the whole time and when they got to their destination, she had to take the task of waking the three girls up. They alighted from the train and true to her word, Sunny was there to pick them up. She brought another girl with her which was a pleasant surprise.

 

“Yuri-ah!” Taeyeon and Hyoyeon tackled their tall tanned member before greeting Sunny. “We didn’t know you’d be here, too.”

 

“Well, I was thinking that I should go with you guys to look for the ring that would turn Sica back to normal.”

 

“Thanks, Yul,” said Tiffany as she hugged her and Sunny.

 

“So how’s the princess?”

 

They all looked towards the only girl in the platform who was sitting on top of the luggage. “A royal pain in the .”

 

Taeyeon laughed. “She was nice when we were in Paris and when she was with Yoong.”

 

“You should really try treating her like Yoong does,” Hyoyeon added.

 

“Why would I even do that?”

 

“So you could get along with each other. You actually should reconsider treating Jessica the way Yoong does,” Yuri suggested.

 

“Let’s get going. I’m tired.” The girls stared at Tiffany who was walking towards the princess to get her things. “Get up. We’re leaving.”

 

Amelia stood up and dusted her pants. “Are we going to be sharing a bed again?”

 

“If you have any complaints then—“

 

“I was not going to complain. I just wanted to inform you that I will be occupying the right side.”

 

“Whatever.” Tiffany walked past her and her other members. Sunny volunteered to carry the princess’ things.

 

Tiffany and the princess were both quiet on their way to the hotel while the others were chatting away. Amelia was taking in the surrounding and just as Tiffany said, she didn’t recognize anything. Everyone seemed to be travelling by car. She doesn’t even see any horses on the road.

 

Tiffany, on the other hand, was quiet because she was thinking about what her friends said earlier. She thought about the difference between how Yoona treats Jessica and Amelia and how she treats them. Yoona was indeed nice towards them but that’s just how their dongsaeng is. She’s kind towards everyone. Tiffany’s pretty sure she’s nice to them too but she didn’t want to end up spoiling them. She also didn’t want to fight with them all the time though so before they go to the hotel, she’s made up her mind that she would try being nicer to Amelia.

 

Sunny was going to grab Amelia’s things from the trunk but Tiffany beat her to it. Taeyeon was going to say something about it but Yuri had enough sense to cover their leader’s big mouth. Amelia didn’t seem to notice anything and she just followed the girl inside.

 

Tiffany placed her things on the left side of the bed and Amelia’s on the right side just like what she said earlier.

 

“Can we go around town before we go to where my mourning ring is?”

 

Tiffany moved her gaze from the danshins that were arguing about the bed to the princess who was staring at her with hopeful eyes. She sighed and nodded.

 

The princess smiled. “You are being awfully nice. I like it.”

 

Tiffany turned her back on her and smiled.

 

 

---

 

 

The girls were at the Abbey Road with the three shorties recreating a famous photo with Yuri. “What are they doing?”

 

Tiffany looked at Amelia and answered, “They’re trying to be ‘The Beatles.’”

 

“Bugs?”

 

Tiffany stifled a laugh. “They’re an iconic band.” She browsed her phone for a Beatle’s song and gave one earbud to the princess before playing the song.

 

Amelia was nodding her head to the beat of the song and Tiffany gawked at her girlfriend’s face. For a second, she forgot that some spirit was taking over Jessica’s body. She reached out for the girl’s hand and the latter recoiled at first but let Tiffany do what she wanted.

 

“Someone’s having fun with a girl that’s not her girlfriend,” Hyoyeon teased, “technically...not her girlfriend at the moment.”

 

Tiffany let go of the princess’ hand and pulled out the earbud from her ear. “Are you done trying to get hit by a car? Can we go elsewhere now?”

 

The girls stated the places they wanted to check out and they agreed that going to the London Eye before grabbing lunch is better.

 

 

---

 

 

“What do you call this landmark again?”

 

“London Eye.”

 

“Are you sure it is safe?”

 

Tiffany was going to make a reference about a couple of movies that destroyed the popular landmark but she thought it would be pointless since Princess Amelia wouldn’t get it anyway. “Pretty sure it is.”

 

When they were about to get on it, the princess took her hand and used her free hand to grab onto Tiffany’s shirt.

 

“I didn’t know you’re afraid of heights.”

 

“There is no such thing.”

 

“Yes, there is. Jessie is afraid of heights.”

 

“That is now what she is afraid of. Perhaps she is afraid of falling from such heights and meeting her untimely death.”

 

“You really think so?” Tiffany walked closer to the glass wall and enjoyed the spectacular view. The princess’ hold on her got tighter the higher they got. “So you’re afraid of dying?” She felt stupid yet again for asking a ghost if she’s afraid to die.

 

“I do not think dying is what we are really afraid of. I think it is the fear of leaving the people we love and care about or the fear of being forgotten...being gone.” She finally relaxed when they started going down.

 

“That’s really deep.”

 

“What is the song that you let me listen to earlier?”

 

“Let it be.”

 

“It is good to listen to.”

 

Tiffany started humming the song and it wasn’t long before she started singing it loud enough for Amelia to hear. When she was done singing, it was time for them to get off.

 

“You sing well.”

 

“Well yeah, that’s my job.”

 

“Oh, is that why all of you girls are in a group?”

 

“You got it, Einstein.”

 

Amelia pouted. “I really wish you’d address me properly. Just once.”

 

Tiffany chuckled and walked away.

 

 

---

 

 

After sending all day yesterday going around London, taking pictures and sight-seeing, the six of them were now ready to do what they came there for. They were in the museum that housed the most important pieces of the members of the royal family. It didn’t take them that much time to locate Princess Amelia’s mourning ring.

 

Tiffany and the princess stood in front of it while the others stood in the side line. Hyoyeon freaked them out by saying that if something goes wrong, the spirit of the princess might possess their bodies instead.

 

“Okay, so what do we do?” Tiffany asked her members in Korean and they all have their odd suggestions.

 

“Kneel in front of it, raise both hands and say ‘Long live, Princess Amelia’,” said Sunny.

 

“Take it out, make her wear it and tell her to raise her first and shout her name,” Yuri suggested, even showed a little demo.

 

“No, no. Take it out and let her kiss it and maybe it’ll turn into some sort of portal. Tell her to walk towards the light,” was Taeyeon’s great idea.

 

“That’s not how it works. Tell her to take the ring out of the glass and swallow it then shout, ‘Princess Amelia!’”* Hyoyeon had the weirdest one. “What? I read it somewhere.”

 

“What did they say?”

 

“Trust me, you wouldn’t want to hear it.”

 

The two of them stood there, looking at the ring. “I wish Jessica was back to normal,” Tiffany whispered and Amelia caught it.

 

She was going to wish to go back to her family but figured that was no use. She’s been dead for a long time and she could deny it all she wants but that’s not going to change the fact that she’s just a spirit now.

 

“I wish for Tiffany to with her lover again.” A few seconds later, a light surrounded Jessica’s body and it made her seem glowing.

 

The princess looked at Jessica’s hands and saw her own instead.

 

“Jessica? Princess Amelia?”

 

She looked up when she heard Tiffany saying her name and calling her a princess for the first time. Amelia looked to her side and saw Jessica’s body. Her eyes were closed, feet a few inches above the ground.

 

The girls witnessed how the spirit of Princess Amelia slowly started disappearing. When the princess noticed it, she smiled at Tiffany and mouthed a simple goodbye and thank you.

 

The bright light disappeared and the girls rushed to Jessica’s body that was now lying lifelessly on the ground.

 

“Jessie.” Tiffany cradled her head in her arms and her cheek. “Jessie, please be okay.” She cracked a smile when she heard her girlfriend groaning.

 

“Wh-what...why am I so dizzy?” Tiffany pulled her closer when she heard the familiar squeaky voice.

 

Taeyeon sighed and muttered, “So much for the y British accent.”

 

“I really miss you, Jessie.”

 

Jessica sat up and hugged her back. She looked at her other members, trying to look for an answer as to why Tiffany was acting like she’s been away for long. “You’re not mad at me anymore?”

 

Tiffany kissed her lips that she’s missed so much and hugged her again. “I’m not. I’m not going to be mad at you like that anymore. If we ever fight like that again, promise me we’ll fix it as soon as possible and we won’t each other again.”

 

“O-okay...I promise.” Jessica hugged her tighter and rubbed her back before mouthing to Sunny, “Seriously, what the happened?”

 

“We’re going home now.”

 

“What? Where are we?” Jessica looked at her surroundings and said, “This is so not our dorm.”

 

 

---

 

 

The girls, excluding Sunny and Yuri who opted to stay in London longer, were now in a plane bound to Seoul. Hyoyeon and Taeyeon were filling Jessica in about what happened while Tiffany just sat there, holding her girlfriend’s hand.

 

“There’s this light thing and BAM! Your body fell on the floor and that’s it,” Hyoyeon stated.

 

“Next thing we know your hot accent is gone and you can speak Korean again.”

 

Jessica looked at the two Kims as if they were crazy. “Tiff, did all of that really happen?” Tiffany simply nodded. “You said I went into some sort of coma, right?”

 

“Mm-hmm. Why?”

 

“Oh. So all of the stuff that I thought happened was just a dream then?”

 

“What stuff?”

 

“I had measles and there was this guy. He says he’s Charles and then people kept calling me ‘princess’ which was kind of cool.”

 

Tiffany, Hyoyeon and Taeyeon stared at her, jaws on the floor.

 

“You switched bodies with her!”

 

 

The End.

 

 

___

*Darna-lol that was the comic book. i'm sure my fellow pinoys would understand the reference

it might seem like i ended it abruptly but i didn't lol this was the ending that i had in my head